PGC: Going Dutch for FM14

14916582.png

A terrible season for us saw us narrowly avoiding relegation, with the board wanting a minimum of a top half finish, we go into the new season with an insecure job status. Any string of bad results resembling last season's performances will leave us without a job very quickly.

We brought in some new talents this season who should be getting some first team action; Ailton DMC, Otavio AMC and Goeber Henrique AMC/ST. All of these of course are free transfers, as we have been given a £0 Transfer Budget for the season. We have also loaned Gregory Muller DMC from our parent club AS Monaco. We will also be signing Michael Wuppinger DC in the January transfer window.

As for results we have started off fairly promisingly, with 2W 1D 1L from our first 4 games. I am hoping for a respectable league position this season to gain some confidence back with the board.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie - FC Utrecht

Season ended with a surprising European spot and 5th place which was above all expectations for my first season.

With Europe in mind I have made a lot of new signings to have a better chance of competing in the league as that's what we will be judged on after last seasons success.

Players in

Z6Fi5CQ.png

Players out

kwfKbHg.png

New players

abQs08L.png

odh2KPC.png

eAwYPIM.png

nRVahpL.png

nYr5Y9l.png

v84PJwj.png

lE8Dfso.png

Season started off slow with a draw and a loss but the players are starting to gel and we have climbed back into the top 5.

cgANTdx.png

Oli- Heracles

Amazingly we have managed to sneek in to europe we have managed to improve the squad and pad it out a bit and have started well to the new league campaign. Were already in the Group stage of europe so we just need to try and get out that group and repeat our performance from last year and ill be a very happy bunny.

emmen-flag.png

So, we're on to a new season now… Last season I wound up being relegated after leaving Emmen in the hands of my assistant for most of the season, while I was on holiday. I came back on won about as many points in 6-7 games, as he did in the rest of the season… I'm fairly certain I would have stayed up if I had been around, judging by the points I secured.

So, the new season… We're down in Jupiler again, and since we were relegated, I'm very insecure at the moment - which hasn't improved as we've managed to lose two and get a draw in the first 3 games… We've scored a decent amount of goals, but have been punished on our mistakes. Such as the first game, where we gave away 3 penalties.

Of course the board is then unhappy, and I most likely only have 2-3 games left at Emmen, before I'm fired.

Screenshot-2014-08-11 19.37.47.png

Screenshot-2014-08-11 19.38.00.png

There's been heavy transfer activity with several players wanting to leave after our relegation, a few players being offloaded and one offer I simply couldn't refuse.

All in all, we sold around 16 players, with Tekin going for 3 million, and 7 players joining us.

Screenshot-2014-08-11 19.38.21.png

fceindhoven-12.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Before tonights session I was sitting in the lower third of the league and if remember rightly I have a really tough session tonight, regardless of that due to family priority I doubt I'll be around much in the next 2 weeks, so I fully expect to be unemployed upon my return.

Until Next Time.......

So anticipated playoff failure complete and hey its not on away goals. Instead I was just overpowered. I started in the first round and had an easy enough time of it there, next round was one of the stranger times and despite the comfortable scoreline was not at all comfortable. By this stage my team was really starting to show wear and tear from 3 weeks of consecutive wednesday, saturday with 0 room for recovery and it showed vs Camburr who just utterly overpowered my side, but thats all the past so lets have another crack and find new ways to fail miserably!

Joe-Sparta

Davie-Az No your not seeing things i am infact 10th that may sound ok but i am only 7points off the relegation playoff and with 13 games to go am far for safe.I got to the quarter finals of the dutch cup where i lost in extra time to psv who scored in the 118th minute :(.Its the same again at the top of the table with ali and ryan scrapping it out the shock of the week was stu at nac breda who done the unthinkable by walking away am sure he will be along to tell ppl what happened sooner or later :brock:

Ali - FC Twente

Missed a few hours this week due to extra curricular activities, but I was relatively pleased to find my assistant had just about kept me in the hunt. 5 points separate myself and ryan, with ryan currently unbeaten. We qualified 2nd from our Champions League group, so I'm hoping we don't have to face one of the big European sides so early on. Fingers crossed that this could be our year in Europe.

14916582.png

We find ourselves in 15th position moving in to the close of the season, but with very little separating mid table from the bottom. We have been scoring plenty, but have been leaking goals too. If we can hang onto a few leads we should be able to reach safety. That is our main goal now to avoid the drop.

A fine run in the Dutch Cup has seen us progress to the semi finals, lucking out on Twente & Feyenoord in the previous rounds, we now face PSV in the semi's, with a chance of playing Ryan in the final if we get through. We sure haven't had an easy road there.

The board have laid off my back too and I now have a secure job status which is nice. We still haven't been given a transfer budget in our now 3rd season at De Graf, so I will be hoping to snap up a few sneaky bosmans at the end of the season.

We've tied up a long term contract with our best player Hakan Macit, hopefully deterring the growing interest in him from top Turkish clubs. The wage budget is tight at the moment, but we will tie up our other key players at the end of the season when we free up some more wages.

emmen-flag.png

So, in my first update of this season, I talked about how the board was already unhappy, and I didn't think I would last more than a couple of game until I would get fired… Well, things have certainly turned around. The team quickly awoke and in the second game after my last post, we won a massive 10 - 0 win, and we've been scoring loads ever since. This means we're now currently lying in 2nd place after 26 games - only 1 point after league leaders FC Gronningen. This is a major turn-around, but we really do belong up here, as the team is really, really good compared to most of the teams in the league.

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.42.08.png

This also means that the board is no longer unhappy, but I'm actually fairly secure in my position.

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.43.17.png

The main reasons for the turn-around has been a few key players. My AMR Engelbrektsson has been in superb form when he's been injury-free, scoring 18 goals, and he's currently 3rd in the league in regards to scoring. 4th in the league is my main striker Rankovic, who've finally begun showing his massive potential. He's currently up to 17 goals, and he would have had more, if he had remained injury-free. I also have the leading assist maker in the league, where Noel has 16 assists so far - but to be fair, he is my corner taker as well.

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.42.23.png

My final transfer dealings amounted to this:

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.42.43.png

As you can see, it's been a very productive year in regards to transfers… Many players wanted to leave, many players had massive interest, and I wanted to renew the team. This meant that I almost sold players for 7 million… Which has never been the case for Emmen. I also went against my normal procedure, and actually bought two players FOR MONEY, instead of signing free players only.

The most interesting being:

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.43.01.png

I've also begun securing a bunch of players for next season, which one of the most interesting being:

Screenshot-2014-08-16 13.43.43.png

Although it's looking like I might have a few issues with too many players for my two CM positions… But who knows, I might change the formation, if I go up again...

Ryan - Roda JC - February 2030

Positives - top of the league and unbeaten so far. Through to the next round of Champions League and probably the final of the Dutch Cup after drawing Volendam in the semi-finals.

Negatives - form beginning to dip, selling quality players as club in financial trouble (£16m in red, while making £32m net on transfers this season), and PSG the draw in Champions League.

MOTY

So another season is over. This season saw Ryan and Roda smash all opponents and go all the way to winning an incredible 4 trophies. The Dutch Super Cup, the Dutch Cup, Eredivise and the Champions League. Incredible!

This also meant that there was no doubt who was winning MOTY this season and finally knocking Ali off the throne for a bit.

moty-1-24-08-14.png

Screenshot-2014-08-25 18.29.07.png

moty-3-24-08-14.png

X9mSLis.jpg

Ali - FC Twente

It was a woeful 17th season for my Twente side. Having missed a few hours of both Tuesday and Wednesday's session, I returned to find my side 5 points adrift in the Eredivisie and out of the Dutch Cup. All that remained was the Champions League. After drawing Arsenal in the first knockout round I feared for our longevity in this seasons competition, but we prevailed and drew R. Madrid in the next round. I thought a 3-1 Home win would be just enough to see us through, but an awful defensive display coupled with goalkeeping errors saw our lead slip, culminating in a 4-3 aggregate loss. This lead to some poor results in the next few games and our morale never really recovered to mount a realistic title challenge during the latter stages.

I've had a bit of a re-think tactics wise for this season. The experiment with a Libero hasn't worked as well as I'd hoped, perhaps due to the fact that their doesn't appear to be a player with all the attributes needed to succeed at this level. Converting CM's and DM's who either lacked the Dribbling ability, or Jumping Reach, lead to a weakness at the back in a position that was supposed to be the fulcrum of my formation.

In comes a tweaked version of my 352: A flat back three. Whether this will be more successful I'm not 100% sure, as top class centre backs are hard to come by at the moment. It was necessary to spend some of the £70m cash upfront I received for Nico Jansen a few seasons back to bring in Stu's old CB, Sebastian Schaaf. Whilst not mentally excellent, his physical attributes more than make up for it, giving me plenty to think about defensively. Do I play a stopper/cover/stopper system at the back, the closest I can get to replicated the Sweeper (mopping up any mistakes and playing the ball out from the back) without retraining players, or do I keep it simple with three defenders in a row, pushing up and playing the offside trap? The fact that two of my three CBs have pace and 16+ positioning suggests the latter could be the way to go, knowing that if a striker does manage to escape through, my defenders have a good chance of getting back and covering.

Without giving too much more away, it's safe to say that it's all a bit up in the air at the moment. I missed out on my second defensive target, Vergouwen from Barcelona (one of my old youth academy players i brought through at Feyenoord), as we didn't have enough cash in the coffers. Disappointing, but I'll be in for him again in the next couple of windows.

fceindhoven-13.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

I managed to play only 5 games last season (in which I picked up 8pts) and this proved to be disastrous come mid April was we finished bottom of the league after a terrible showing from assistant manager. For now I have kept my job but if things don't start well in the Jupiler I will be definitely sacked by the board.

So onto the new season and I'm favourites for the title and I need to go straight back up as I cant afford to stay in this league for any longer than this season as I have interest payments totalling a million a month to pay for the next 20 years for my new ground.

move-1.png

So with finances not looking to good Ive decided to cash in on a few players to help the bank balance and to give me extra funds for transfers and to bump up my wage budget.

So first out was Koto Nakajima who left for Stoke in a £9M deal, then Pescara who were newly promoted from Serie B this season decided to splash out almost £20M in a double swoop for Aaraozinho and Roman Tovey.

rectransfer.png

rectrincome.png

To give the side some depth this year I've hit the loan market a lot with 10 out of the 11 incoming players joining on loan.

transfer.png

That's all from me for now.

Until next time..............................

fceindhoven-13.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

I managed to play only 5 games last season (in which I picked up 8pts) and this proved to be disastrous come mid April was we finished bottom of the league after a terrible showing from assistant manager. For now I have kept my job but if things don't start well in the Jupiler I will be definitely sacked by the board.

So onto the new season and I'm favourites for the title and I need to go straight back up as I cant afford to stay in this league for any longer than this season as I have interest payments totalling a million a month to pay for the next 20 years for my new ground.

move-1.png

So with finances not looking to good Ive decided to cash in on a few players to help the bank balance and to give me extra funds for transfers and to bump up my wage budget.

So first out was Koto Nakajima who left for Stoke in a £9M deal, then Pescara who were newly promoted from Serie B this season decided to splash out almost £20M in a double swoop for Aaraozinho and Roman Tovey.

rectransfer.png

rectrincome.png

To give the side some depth this year I've hit the loan market a lot with 10 out of the 11 incoming players joining on loan.

transfer.png

That's all from me for now.

Until next time..............................

Excellent work there in the transfer market!

Great thread, keep it up lads, enjoyable reading :)

14916582.png

Our cup run came to an end in the semi-finals away to PSV, we gave them a great game but unfortunately ran out 4-3 losers. We didn't pick up form since there and went on to 7 straight losses to finish in 17th position and enter the Relegation Playoffs.

We drew IJsselmeervogels in the in the first round and ran out 4-2 winners over both legs to proceed to the next round. We drew Jonas' FC Emmen in the decider.

The first leg we were away, and lost heavily 5-1, it looked like we would be relegated. With nothing to lose we went on an all out attack for the second leg. We were able to miraculously come out with a 6-1 home win to retain top flight football with a 7-6 aggregate win. We were very fortunate, and the referees performance will be called into question after awarding 2 penalties. One of our prospects we signed in our first season, Goeber Henrique, was able to rock home 4 goals and earn himself a new 3 year contract after the game.

We haven't made any signings during preseason. Once again I have been given a £0 transfer budget and no increase to my wage budget so we have little room to maneuver in the market. The board also want a midtable position for the coming season, but lets work on staying up first!

Woo who finished 10th not bad from the whipping boy of the clan :D now i need to take the next stage and push for the top 8 and this will be my goal going into the new season only played 1 game so far and it was a 2-0 win.I would also like a wee run in the cup got to the last 8 last season but lost out to psv in extra time as for the league winners i can only see ryan(roda and ali(twente) fighting for the top spot.This is az alkmaars time or is it :brock:

Jamie - FC Utrecht

Solid season all round 6th place in the league, Cup quarter final losing to Roda and Semi finals of Europa losing on an away goal to the eventual winners.

oEOMlIm.png

6th place meant we would have to playoff for a European spot but after a long season the team had nothing left and went out to Nac Breda.

Bonus of no Europe is we can concentrate on the league this season and I am hoping we can push for the top 4 but to do that I need to stop the goals we have been conceding so the prioity this summer has been to get defenders in.

So far I have missed out on my top 2 targets one went elsewhere and the other failed a medical and is out for 5 months.

1uSWxQS.png

Last season free GK signing was subject of a 10 million bid from Caen which I couldn't turn down as there were better potential players available on free to fill the spot.

Nucera returns on loan once again from AC Milan and is joined by Muller a DM/CM , Al Harbi my GK replacement, Castro another young CB/RB and Tafael CB.

So I didn't get the experienced CB we needed this summer but the potential of the two I have signed is great and they already have better stats than my other young CB's.

emmen-flag.png

So, here we are... Another season over, and a slightly dissapointing one.. We just missed out on winning the league because of poor form in the final 4-5 games. This meant playoff, where we we're great in every game - except the last one. We won the first game of the final 5 -1 after a great performance, but we fell completely apart in the 2nd leg, where we lost 6 - 1! I was gutted!

So this means at least one more season in Jupiler. And it's going to be an extremely difficult season, as we now have the company of Andy, who will be our biggest threat in the league, I think.

This season starts with me being Insecure, as the board was expecting promotion last season. This means that I have to perform well from the 1st game. Luckily though, I start out with two of the B-teams, which will hopefully produce two victories. But I do have some concerns for the season though. My defence is looking weak. I lost my best DC through the last couple of season (Milde), as he didn't want to extend his contract, and throughout last season, I had major problems with my left and right backs, and my right back continues to be my biggest concern, as I currently haven't been able to find a suitable player.

insecure-24-08-14.jpg

I missed last session, which was the part of the transfer window leading up to the first game of the season, which meant that so far the majority of my transfer dealings have been deals done before the new season started, which has left me with very little time to actually do the needed dealings before we reach the first game. Ideally I would like to bring in a new 1st team DR, and sell at least 2-3 players, as my team is way too big. I'm also looking to loan out a whole bunch of players, who are looking at very few minutes this season.

in-out-24-08-14.jpg

We start the season with 4 injuries - but only 2 are serious injuries.

injuries-24-08-14.jpg

I'm under major pressure this season. It's make or break. I need to win promotion - or at least come within inches of it.

Oli- Heracles

Cant really say much having had a week away from clan. Although my assistant manager did a great job without me and managed to secure 5th joint on points with 4th. I have returned and preseason has been done so i have to try and rush a few sales through to keep the books balanced.

Stuart - All change

The only news i have is that things went very wrong at NAC and i ended up walking away half way into the season. I took a break till the season was over and i now find myself back at Willem, its a club i know well and i look forward to working with them again. I have to drop down to the jup but with any luck ill get the up the first season of trying.

Full Summer window report to follow

Stuart - Willem Boss

fceindhoven-13.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Well things are going as expected with a play-off place guaranteed, we currently sit top of the Jupiler but only on goal difference with Helmond who are looking like the only team at the moment capable of challenging us for the title. It could all go wrong on Monday thou as I'm still unsure if I'll be back to play any matches but I'm expecting a better showing from my new Assistant compared to last seasons disastrous showing by his predecessor when I wasn't in game. The most pleasing part of this season is the defensive displays which have seen us only concede 9 goals in 22 league games and keeping 15 clean sheets.

In the cup we fell at the first hurdle going down 3-2 to Ajax.

A new contract is soon to be offered to me after visit to see the clubs board which will hopefully see me through to 20 years at the club and also led them to agree to upgrading the training facilities after productive talks.

TRAININGFACILITIES.png

Until Next Time................

Davie-Az pure and utter rubbish i cant play away from home with 10 games away i have drawn 2 and lost 8 at home i am doing ok so much for a top 8 finish.On a better note i have got cambuur in the last 8 of the cup get through that i might be in luck .Think i might have to try 2 different tactics 1 for home and another for away and see how that does me into the latter part of the season and pray i dont go into the relegation playoff saying that i could finish last and go straight down :o

X9mSLis.jpg

Ali - FC Twente

Fantastic start to the season, currently perched at the top of dutch tree, 5 points clear of Ryan's Roda. Qualified 1st in the Champions League Group stage, just waiting to see whose name will be drawn out of the hat to face us in the 1st Knock-out Round this season. I have a feeling this could well be the first season I face off against Ryan in the Champions League, since both of us are playing well at the moment.

The re-think tactics wise has so far gone better than I could have hoped. Sebastian Schaaf has slotted in nicely as the Central of the three-man defence and has the highest average rating of the three. His calm mopping up and general all-round play has added an element of composure to my back three. Unfortunately, Barcelona appear to have given me the cold shoulder in regards to Mike Vergouwen, rejecting all of my bids in the region of £30-£40m.

The only down-side of our season so far as been the continued poor performance of our B-side. Never finishing higher than 16th under my tenure, this an area I am completely unfamiliar with, but doing my best to grasp. Of course, with the nature of a network game, I have hired a B-Team manager to take the reigns, leaving myself in charge of training, etc. I'm not sure if the quality of my youngsters warranted a position higher than 16th in previous seasons, so I'm making a few loan bids and promoting a few U19s to see what effect they can have during the second half of the Jupiler League. The fact that I'll have more than 7 or 8 'real' players in the B team should make a bit of difference!

Stuart - Willem

2j4zins.png

Slow start to the season has been me playing catch up ever since. We still are yet to get into the playoffs as i cant seem to up a run or wins togetter and this is hurting my chances of going up this season. Andys team is very strong and i see him walking away with the league so going up though the playoffs seem the only way i can get out of this nightmare of a league.

We had a good cup run beating PSV along the way only to lose 3-1 to Feyenoord But we took them to Extra time so it was good to get a nice pay day from the 48,000 who saw the game.

Jan window is here and i would like to bring in one or 2 players but money is tight but i will be doing my best.

More soon

14916582.png

We have started this season off a lot better than last campaign, with Hakan Macit banging in the goals from all over. Just past the half way mark we're sitting in 12th, 10 points above the playoff relegation spots. It's still very tight at the top and with a run of form we may be able to slip into a Euro playoff place.

emmen-flag.png

Okay, so far the season hasn't been going very well. We started out fantastically, winning the first five games convincingly! After that I was fairly optimistic for the season, but after losing to Andy's team, things starting going from bad to worse. A few key injuries and poor form saw us drop out of the PO positions, and if things don't start improving, I will soon be out of a job.

I started the season out with a new 4-4-2 formation as I wanted to take advantage of having to great strikers - and if worked out great to begin with, but suddenly it stopped, and I've had to go back to my regular 4-5-1 to strengthen the midfield a bit.

We currently lying just outside the PO positions, so things aren't completely over yet, but at the moment, the only thing that will save me is if I get PO and win promotion, as anything less will be considered a failure by the board.

Archived