FM 14 Cloud Save

Can't see any information regarding what was asked.

I also can't find my saves.

All I can see are my local saves.

Please can I have an answer as to where I can make a cloud save or does it not kick in on the beta?

Thank you..

• Administrators

When Saving the Game, select the 'Cloud' radio button. Save the game within this folder.

The Save Game will only be synced to the Cloud when you exit the game, so please only exit Steam when the save game has been fully synched to the Cloud,

If you try to exit the game before it's synched, a pop-up will remind you to wait until this is complete.

You must have an active Internet connection to use the Cloud Save Settings.

When you say you must have an active internet connection Lucas but once you have loaded a saved game from the cloud do you still need an internet connection to carry on playing or can you just play without a connection and then connect again to save it

Save locally, then save on the cloud once the data is at least locally secure.

To be honest though, as much as this is a feature I requested a few years ago, dropbox now works better than steam cloud saves for a game like this anyway.

• Administrators

When you save to the 'Cloud' radio button option, this already saving the game locally. It only uploads once you quit FM. You'll still be able to load that save from the "Cloud" radio button option if for whatever reason it didn't upload successfully.

When you save to the 'Cloud' radio button option, this already saving the game locally. It only uploads once you quit FM. You'll still be able to load that save from the "Cloud" radio button option if for whatever reason it didn't upload successfully.

Any chance you could tell where they are stored locally, or are they deleted locally once they have succesfully been uploaded to the STEAM cloud?

• Administrators

They are still there, locally. Steam cloud then downloads them to that directory.

To find the directory, just go to the Load Game dialog, then select the "games" dropdown, this will tell you where they are stored, whatever platform.

They are still there, locally. Steam cloud then downloads them to that directory.

To find the directory, just go to the Load Game dialog, then select the "games" dropdown, this will tell you where they are stored, whatever platform.

Ahh I see. Thank you Lucas!

• Administrators
Are the saves cross platform compatible? So if I say save a game on my mac, can I open that save on PC?
Yes - PC, Mac and Linux.

• Administrators
I cloud saved the game but it didn't upload. It was just sync:0%, 0kb/s for like 10 minutes and then i quit. The internet was fine, it wasn't about that..
have you tried the above? Do you have any antivirus installed?

I cloud saved the game but it didn't upload. It was just sync:0%, 0kb/s for like 10 minutes and then i quit. The internet was fine, it wasn't about that..

I think STEAM is actually uploading even though it shows as 0% 0kb/s, I think those numbers only relate to download. Bear in mind that a FM savegame file is often at least 25 mb or so in size, so if you have slow upload speed it might take some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am half way through my first season on FM 14 Beta and I have lost my saved data. Not sure how this happened but when I try to log in to pick up where I left off I get the pop-up requesting my profile information and my saved game info says "no saved games". What's going on on how the heck do I get my game back!? Any ideas?

• Administrators

They are still there, the settings were refreshed. Go to Load Game dialog and they should be there

They are still there, the settings were refreshed. Go to Load Game dialog and they should be there

Yeah I had to redo my profile and preferences again which is no problem but I lost all my local saves. They are not in any folders on my PC but they are showing up when choosing the cloud tab, was the deletion of local save games intentional or is that a bug?

One more thing.... How do I use the unlockables that I bought? I go to downloads in the game and then into my wallet. But when I try to apply an unlockable to the game it says I have to save the game first. I have do e this a number of times.... Nothing.

Hello there. another question about cloud saving : I want to play with a friend who is on the other end of the planet. We can't really play at the same time so the idea is to have a saved game somewhere that we can both access anytime and do whatever we want. It will advance slowly but that's no issue.

Is this achievable with the cloub save ?

I'm having same problem after bout 20 mins jumps to 16% surely shouldnt take that long though my internets fine

Archived