benefit of promotion of affiliate/feeder clubs?

I'm currently in the SPL with an affiliate/feeder club down a couple levels. They've never really been much of a feeder club, and I've sent the odd player down for 1st-team play with them, but mostly I've loaned players out to teams in the SPL or EPL for seasoning.

What I'm wondering, is there a benefit to loading my feeder club with marginal-SPL-level players in the hopes of them getting promoted up a level, maybe improving their quality of players as a result, or will the lower level of quality actually hinder my player's development? My team was originally a feeder for Hamilton Academical, until we got promoted to their level and then passed them. Or would it be better to loan them to my affiliate in the Chinese Super League (although I'm pretty sure they have a foreign player limit, don't know if my players count against that.)

League level actually is connected with the development of the players in it, so the higher your feeder club is, the better experience and development the players you loan at them will get.

Other than that, no other benefit other than the moral satisfaction of helping your little feeder clubs go higher.

Edit: Oh, and higher league means more money which means that they might eventually improve their training facilities, which only means even better development for anyone you send to them.

In EFA you can only borrow 4 players at the same time, don't know what it is in SFA, so by 'loading' the feeder club I assume you don't mean more than 4. If you're worried about your players' development, send 4 that aren't going to make it to the big time with you. They will probably be better off there anyway. I just noticed that someone who is only a 3 star potential in my club is actually a wonderkid, probably from being loaned out toa club in the division below and doing so well.

I do have to be kind of careful how many I ship out, because of the SPL requirements for under-21 and home grown players on the game-day roster and the Champions requirements for club-trained players. I've noticed that my 1st-team roster's starting to look like the United Nations, not a Scottish League club.

You also have to pay attention to the tactic the manager of your feeder club uses. You don't want to loan out an AMC to a team that plays solely 4-4-2 obviously. Kinda frustrating sending a wonderkid to develop and seeing him get 3-5 games over the season.

You also have to pay attention to the tactic the manager of your feeder club uses. You don't want to loan out an AMC to a team that plays solely 4-4-2 obviously. Kinda frustrating sending a wonderkid to develop and seeing him get 3-5 games over the season.

I've noticed when you list a player for loan you can specify the position you'd like them to play, and even cancel the loan offers of teams that only want the player for cover, but when you send them down to your feeder, you have really no say on what they do with the player.

Yep, I feel that feeder club relationship and communications could been improved. The link between clubs must hint that at least backroom staff is keeping some sort of connection, so you know better what players they are looking for. I have several players lsted for loan, that are way better than any of the feeder club players, the feeder club just got promoted to Eredivisie (my division) and they are not approaching to loan these players. Why? If I'd be the manager of newly promoted side, I'd go for parent club loanees INSTANTLY. The cheapest way to get good players and try to battle against relegation.

I've NEVER been approached by my feeder club for a loaned player, and I'd willingly give them for free if they asked. When Livingston was my parent club, I borrowed players all the time, but my feeder doesn't seem to want my players.

The question to ask is are they better off playing every week in the 1st/2nd division or are they better staying at your club, playing in your reserves, and you probably have better training facilities than the feeder club and you can continually tweak and tailor their training regime as required.

I like to loan them out if I think it will do them good because they will definitely play and play well, I've also used feeder clubs to give guys first team football (which they requested from me but I couldn't give at the moment).

In a past Man Utd save I 'loaded' Antwerp full of African, Asian and South American regens who were waiting to get work-permits and I was pretty impressed with the results. The first season I did it I sent 9 players there, all of them were in their team of the season and they completely ran away with the league (Belgian 2nd tier). I didn't get to see the full extent of it though as in mid-April the next season (when Antwerp were looking good for European qualification with my players help) my laptop had a boo-boo and I lost the save :(.

The ultimate goal was to get Antwerp into the Champions League so that I knew that by sending players out on loan they would still see high quality football.

I've been very lucky in my current save, Championship Everton have loaned one of my young defenders (I'm in the SPL) so he's likely to continue to progress thanks to their facilities being better than mine on the whole. That won't happen very often I'm sure!

I've NEVER been approached by my feeder club for a loaned player, and I'd willingly give them for free if they asked. When Livingston was my parent club, I borrowed players all the time, but my feeder doesn't seem to want my players.

In the move squads option you can move them on loan to their affiliate club

Archived