FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lloris and akinfeev both have 25% and 4 mill over 24 months. bojan has a large amount to pay over the coming years but i was lucky he wanted to actually sign and play kroos stats are very poor and again and money to pay over the next 2 years. Guilherme and mertersacker both wanted moves to big clubs so i got them a bit cheap. when buying mertersacker the rest of the big clubs where after gallas and the smaller clubs where all after kompany so i got in with that transfer. Guilherme was fairly cheap but to be honest he would only presently be able to play at a championship level.

yes i know i could have got more for RVP but that would mean playing him at the start of the season and risk him getting injured, plus i needed the cash quick for aguero.

it also goes with out saying that i made it public i wanted to sign these players also attended all the friendlies that the players i wanted could play in. (my preseason was packed)

Originally posted by louis118:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by louis118:

Lovely Jubbly icon_cool.gif

justrightfd1.th.jpg

Thanks. Milan up next but shouldnt be any trouble, beat them 5-1 on agg two yrs ago in the semi's. It's been quite a year in terms of goals for me, 197 so far with 7 games remaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woops, meant to quote Scott.

cameron Fordyce

How the hell were you able to get some one those players that cheap??? In particular Mertesacker, Akinfeev, Bojan, Guilherme and even Lloris??? And how did you get Bojan to sign at all?

The one big mistake was selling Van Persie to Milan. He's better than Aguero on the latest patch imo. Rafinha is not really that good unless you play with wing-backs. He's not good defensively. Would recommend someone like De Silvestri instead. Good deals though that you got.

avfcmatthews

Good squad but lacks in a few areas.

GK - Almunia is actually better than Ustari and that's not saying much! Ustari's low concentration makes him prone to errors at times. He's not half as good as he way on the earlier patch. Look to sign Lloris, Neuer or Akinfeev mate. And sell Almunia off.

CB - Gallas would be too old, Garay and Kompany are utter bull defensively for a top class club and where the hell is Toure???? I'd recommend a serious over-haul of your CB's mate. Recommend signing atleast 2 quality CB's like Mertesacker, Albiol, Zapata, Richards, Ramos. Also, incorporate Nordtveit into your first team more as he becomes quality.

CM/DM - Veloso is always a great signing. Go for it. Sell Diaby. He's not that great tbh. Denilson, Cesc, Veloso (if you get him) are all better. Get Henri Lansbury playing a few games in the first team. Should be looking good by now.

The rest looks good except I wouldnt have sold Adebayor. And Muntari is a decent player but is not great mate. I personally wouldnt recommend signing him. Walcott and Agbonlahor are both great super-subs. On in the 60th minute of the game and they usually run rings around the defence.

Moverman98

Glad to see its working out mate.

Hulk, i tried your tactic but i didn't find much consistency in it. I would win few games but barely score, usually win 2:1 or something and then i would lose here and there. Do you keep the same tactic throughout the game or u make any changes? I have found kimz V1 to be the most effective tactic i ever used in fm2008 8.0.2. I was on a 40 game unbeaten run on one of my arsenal saves with it but i kinda got bored and wanted to try ur tactic out. lol I wonder why i'm not having much success with it? Also, do u have email or msn/aol im? I would love to ask ya some questions about players/tactics. Thnx mate.

Aquaplex

Like I said before, its not a sure-shot tactic. It'll work for some and wont for others. And its hardly one where you can keep playing the way it is and expect to find success. You have to keep chopping and changing it around. Thats what I do. Kimz's tactic is undoubtedly great and this one doesnt come close to it or for that matter, many of the others that you find around. But I like to have my own tactic. And also, I think its unrealistic if you keep playing the same way all the time and keep winning (as you do in Kimz's tactic especially). Its better to have a couple of tactics but then change some settings depending on the opposition and the way they line up.

Decided to finally give the patch a try since I'm afraid of change and wow, I've got to say it's been incredible to say the least:

arse11.jpg

ade8.jpg

All I've added is Frey and Barzagli; Veloso and Obertan to my first team the two latter as backup.

I also got Wijnaldum, Sakho, Saivet, Kroos, and this Israeli wonderkid 'great asset to the squad' from Barca Gai Assulin for my youth to become 1st team in a couple years; all of them apparently will be 'quality players'.

Man I'm stoked hah.

hi guys

ive just completed my first season and this how i did:

premiership:finished 2nd behind liverpool

carling cup:early exit

fa cup: champions beating portsmouth

champions league: beaten in the quarter finals by barca

apart from winning something i found i played very much like the arsenal irl , i was unbeaten for the first half of the premier league and about 11 points clear at the top of the table but like in real life seemed to run out of steam 12 games till the end drawing a lot.

i play a 4-5-1 mainly and 4-4-2 against very weak apponents

first season signings (january window)

mathiu bodmer -10m

players sold : diaby for 12m

my first team:

---------------edebeyor

--rvp-----bodmer------fabregas----hleb

---------------flamini

--clichy---gallas-----toure------sagna

---------------almunia

players such as rosicky ,eduardo,bednter walcott i use as subs/rotation or play them in my 4-4-2

what needs to be improved?

i was thinking about selling gallas and getting a top quality repacement , and maybe a new keeper????

what do you think

cheers

gunnermitch

Surprised about the Premiership. Not the 2nd place finish but the fact that Liverpool won it. They always seem to do very poorly in my games for some reason.

Bodmer is a great buy. But I reckon you'll need a few more if you want to make your side one that can compete on both fronts.

GK - Almunia is decent backup but not a first team regular. Try to get Frey if you want instanct world-class. Else, get Lloris, Akinfeev or Neuer. All are good but become great.

CB - Yeah, sell Gallas. Would suggest you bring in someone like Barzagli, Mertesacker, Albiol, Zapata etc.

Wings - Buy someone like Ben Arfa or Menez who can play both wings for you. You need some more quality options.

Also, play Rosicky on the right wing instead of Hleb. He's slight better imo.

merridius

Well, have your best headers marking the oppositions best headers. You just have to adjust it slightly in all games. If you see that there are 3 players in the opposition team that are threats in the air, have 3 of your best headers (preferably defenders not someone like Adebayor) mark them (mark tall player option I think). Have 2 players stand on the near post and far post. Have 2 players (or 1 if you prefer) staying forward. Have the rest of your players back. That works for me usually.

Ok, I've now been away from FM for a while and decided to start with Arsenal. 8.0.2 of course...

Squad

First Team

Reserve Team

Youth Squad

I found the tactic on the tactics/trainings forum, and it's named 'baz....' I'm not sure. But it's a really good 4-4-2, and the wingers are scoring as much as the strikers. Rosicky scored 4 goals in a game against BEC i think. It's easily the best 4-4-2 i have played with on the 8.0.2. icon14.gif

Take a look at these regens too:

Johann Alonso

Juan Ventura

What do you think about them and the squad?

Transfers

Player Transfers

Staff Transfers

Other Stuff

League Table

Fixtures

Just give me your opinion on the squad and everything...

Originally posted by Fabregas18:

Ok, I've now been away from FM for a while and decided to start with Arsenal. 8.0.2 of course...

Squad

First Team

Reserve Team

Youth Squad

I found the tactic on the tactics/trainings forum, and it's named 'baz....' I'm not sure. But it's a really good 4-4-2, and the wingers are scoring as much as the strikers. Rosicky scored 4 goals in a game against BEC i think. It's easily the best 4-4-2 i have played with on the 8.0.2. icon14.gif

Johann Alonso

Juan Ventura

Transfers

Player Transfers

Staff Transfers

Other Stuff

League Table

Fixtures

Posted to quickly... icon_biggrin.gif

If you wonder how I got so much money, I transfered as much wages as possible to the transfers. then I asked the board for more wages. Then I transfered ome of that to the transferbudjet.

Asking for more wages

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabregas18:

Squad

First Team

Reserve Team

Youth Squad

Johann Alonso

Juan Ventura

Transfers

Player Transfers

Staff Transfers

Other Stuff

League Table

Fixtures

Posted to quickly... icon_biggrin.gif

If you wonder how I got so much money, I transfered as much wages as possible to the transfers. then I asked the board for more wages. Then I transfered ome of that to the transferbudjet.

Asking for more wages </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for triplepost, but Johann Alonso has got a PA of 194, and Juan Ventura's PA is 197

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

gunnermitch

Surprised about the Premiership. Not the 2nd place finish but the fact that Liverpool won it. They always seem to do very poorly in my games for some reason.

Bodmer is a great buy. But I reckon you'll need a few more if you want to make your side one that can compete on both fronts.

GK - Almunia is decent backup but not a first team regular. Try to get Frey if you want instanct world-class. Else, get Lloris, Akinfeev or Neuer. All are good but become great.

CB - Yeah, sell Gallas. Would suggest you bring in someone like Barzagli, Mertesacker, Albiol, Zapata etc.

Wings - Buy someone like Ben Arfa or Menez who can play both wings for you. You need some more quality options.

Also, play Rosicky on the right wing instead of Hleb. He's slight better imo.

merridius

Well, have your best headers marking the oppositions best headers. You just have to adjust it slightly in all games. If you see that there are 3 players in the opposition team that are threats in the air, have 3 of your best headers (preferably defenders not someone like Adebayor) mark them (mark tall player option I think). Have 2 players stand on the near post and far post. Have 2 players (or 1 if you prefer) staying forward. Have the rest of your players back. That works for me usually.

do i need any better cover for defence or are senderos and djourou ok?

also for my wings if i got someone else would some players not get a bit upset as i have rvp rosicky , hleb , walcott and even eboue can play on the right and eduardo on the left???

might take a look at mertsacker and neuer

cheers

Originally posted by Mark.:

Fabregas18

Have you got a link set up Ajax? If so did you edit that in before the game? Or the board gave them as an option to you?

I edited it.. But I didn't buy anyone from them, I just sent Afellay and Djourou on loan there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark.:

Fabregas18

Have you got a link set up Ajax? If so did you edit that in before the game? Or the board gave them as an option to you?

I edited it.. But I didn't buy anyone from them, I just sent Afellay and Djourou on loan there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we'll be getting them as a feeder club like IRL soon enough, if we don't have them already.

Originally posted by dingle_eater:

Just started a new thread asking if anyone has had any joy in turning Walcott into a good winger. Then someone said to post it in here. So if anyone has, has he turned into a good winger?

If you retrain him as a winger, and use him as a sub, he'll be great. Almost everyone here does that.

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabregas18:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark.:

Fabregas18

I edited it.. But I didn't buy anyone from them, I just sent Afellay and Djourou on loan there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we'll be getting them as a feeder club like IRL soon enough, if we don't have them already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, some of us talked about iyt some pages back.. That's why I got a yellow card.

But what do you guys think of my squad and the regens?

Arsena18

First Team

GK - Your fine here, world class goal keeper (as hulk would say icon_biggrin.gif), and future world class back up.

DR - Again, your doing brilliant here, world class RB, and brilliant back up who can step in at any time.

DL - The original LB's are the best you can get IMO, so nothing needs changing here.

DC - Good here, look to get rid of Senderos (if on 8.0.2) next season, as well as Gallas, but until then you need no one.

MR - Hleb is a good player (even on 8.0.2 IMO), and I'm assuming Pires is his back up. Pires is fine for the first season, but next season you will have to look out for younger players for back up, unless you have someone in the reserves (haven't looked there yet). Walcott is also good back up (assuming he's the reserves).

ML - Rosicky is a good ML, but like Hleb, lacks pace, even though this no major issue, since their technical ability makes up for it. Ben Arfa is very good as welll, can replace Rosicky when he gets older. Have you ever thought about putting Rosicky at MR,and Ben Arfa and ML? If Hleb can't find his form try that.

MC(a) - Cesc is the best in this position, and you'll have him for a long time, and Diaby is excellent back up. You also have Denilson, Pires, Rosicky, Ben Arfa and Hleb here, so you have strength in depth.

MC(d) - Flamini is excellent (especially on 8.0.2), and Deni is brilliant back up. Again, you have strength in depth, so you'll be set here for a while to come.

TM - You have the best targetman in the world world and the 2nd best as well, so nothing needs changing here.

FST - van Persie is one of the best striker in the game, and Eduardo is okay back up as well.

So overall, good squad!

Reserves and U18's

Two good squads here, full to the brim with hot prosects. Keep Lehmann btw, he's a fantastic coach (although he's a manager in mine, but has amazing coaching stats). I think you know who to keep and who to sell, so no need to tell you much about that.

Regens

Johann Alonso is ok, tendency to punch is a bit too high for my liking though. Work on his mental stats, get Lehmann or Frey to tutor him, they have good mental stats. His physcial stats aren't the best either. Work intensely with him.

Juann Ventura looks better than Alonso, but again is TTP is a bit too high. I don't think it gets lower though, so can't do much about it. Tutor him with Lehmann or Frey (whichever Alosno doesn't get). He looks better than Alonso IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cass:

Is it possible to attend games to view potential players you wish to buy?

Yes. I usually do that so they'll get unsettled. Then I can buy them cheaper. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? ive never managed to figure that one out. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

Arsena18

First Team

GK - Your fine here, world class goal keeper (as hulk would say icon_biggrin.gif), and future world class back up.

DR - Again, your doing brilliant here, world class RB, and brilliant back up who can step in at any time.

DL - The original LB's are the best you can get IMO, so nothing needs changing here.

DC - Good here, look to get rid of Senderos (if on 8.0.2) next season, as well as Gallas, but until then you need no one.

MR - Hleb is a good player (even on 8.0.2 IMO), and I'm assuming Pires is his back up. Pires is fine for the first season, but next season you will have to look out for younger players for back up, unless you have someone in the reserves (haven't looked there yet). Walcott is also good back up (assuming he's the reserves).

ML - Rosicky is a good ML, but like Hleb, lacks pace, even though this no major issue, since their technical ability makes up for it. Ben Arfa is very good as welll, can replace Rosicky when he gets older. Have you ever thought about putting Rosicky at MR,and Ben Arfa and ML? If Hleb can't find his form try that.

MC(a) - Cesc is the best in this position, and you'll have him for a long time, and Diaby is excellent back up. You also have Denilson, Pires, Rosicky, Ben Arfa and Hleb here, so you have strength in depth.

MC(d) - Flamini is excellent (especially on 8.0.2), and Deni is brilliant back up. Again, you have strength in depth, so you'll be set here for a while to come.

TM - You have the best targetman in the world world and the 2nd best as well, so nothing needs changing here.

FST - van Persie is one of the best striker in the game, and Eduardo is okay back up as well.

So overall, good squad!

Reserves and U18's

Two good squads here, full to the brim with hot prosects. Keep Lehmann btw, he's a fantastic coach (although he's a manager in mine, but has amazing coaching stats). I think you know who to keep and who to sell, so no need to tell you much about that.

Regens

Johann Alonso is ok, tendency to punch is a bit too high for my liking though. Work on his mental stats, get Lehmann or Frey to tutor him, they have good mental stats. His physcial stats aren't the best either. Work intensely with him.

Juann Ventura looks better than Alonso, but again is TTP is a bit too high. I don't think it gets lower though, so can't do much about it. Tutor him with Lehmann or Frey (whichever Alosno doesn't get). He looks better than Alonso IMO.

DC: Senderos will go in season 2, as you said, and usually Raul Albiol gets a low(10-20m) release clause in season 2. So if i can't find anyone better, I'll go for him. maybe you have any suggestions?

Fabregas18

Good team there mate. Would recommend selling Senderos and playing Djourou in the first team. He's good enough. Pires wasnt necessary either I reckon. Unless of course you have him for tutoring purposes and for future coaching. I would have Hatem Ben Arfa playing in the first team tbh mate. He's too good to be left on the bench. Also, a lot of quality youth players you've bought in. I reckon you're all set. Ofcourse, you CAN get rid of other players if you want to, but I dont reckon its necessary. Like for instance, you can sell Gallas as he's getting on now. And get someone like Mertesacker, Barzagli, Burdisso in. All quality and experienced. You dont need anyone to replace Senderos. Djourou is good enough and Nordtveit becomes excellent. You can give him a few sub appearances or in the smaller games. You can replace Hleb too if you like. He's a good player but his inability to shoot makes him a bit of a liability. Belluschi is better and is very cheap (in Jan, cant buy him at the start as he's just moved). But like I said, its not necessary because that side is more than capable of delivering some trophies.

gunnermitch

Djourou is fine for cover but not Senderos. You can either look to replace him or just get Nordtveit to do that job. Hes still very young but becomes quality after a few years. And some appearances as a sub will do him good. Else, you can look to buy someone young instead. Try Habib Bellaid. Becomes phenomenol and is good enough as backup at the start too.

Dont think anyone will get upset if you buy someone for the wings. RVP is viewed as a striker so wont count (according to the AI that is). Same goes for Eduardo. The only people who get upset if you buy too many players for a position are Denilson and Diaby. So yeah, just get some cover.

dingle_eater

Yep, if you retrain him as a winger, he becomes very good. Especially as a sub off the bench in the 60th minute. Good enough to start as well after a few years although I wont have him as first choice. Giles Barnes becomes better imo and is just as quick too. Might be a better bet if you're looking to buy someone.

Mmm, accepted £50 million bid for Cesc. I have a surplus of young Cm's and I think i'll give them a turn. Lansbury will step up to the plate alongside Banega, only question now is who will be captain, Toure is declining so it may be Sakho.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Fabregas18

Good team there mate. Would recommend selling Senderos and playing Djourou in the first team. He's good enough. Pires wasnt necessary either I reckon. Unless of course you have him for tutoring purposes and for future coaching. I would have Hatem Ben Arfa playing in the first team tbh mate. He's too good to be left on the bench. Also, a lot of quality youth players you've bought in. I reckon you're all set. Ofcourse, you CAN get rid of other players if you want to, but I dont reckon its necessary. Like for instance, you can sell Gallas as he's getting on now. And get someone like Mertesacker, Barzagli, Burdisso in. All quality and experienced. You dont need anyone to replace Senderos. Djourou is good enough and Nordtveit becomes excellent. You can give him a few sub appearances or in the smaller games. You can replace Hleb too if you like. He's a good player but his inability to shoot makes him a bit of a liability. Belluschi is better and is very cheap (in Jan, cant buy him at the start as he's just moved). But like I said, its not necessary because that side is more than capable of delivering some trophies.

Djourou is on loan at Ajax atm(I put them as feeder), so I'll have to use Senderos and Richards as backups until jan atleast. But I might buy Albiol or someone in Jan to take Gallas place if i get a good offer.

About the Rm, I think I'll not buy Belluschi(don't like him), and rather buy Guardado, so it will be Guardado and Ben Arfa rotating on the left, and Rosicky on the right, with Pires as backup to him.

And when Rosicky gets old, I'll sell him and put either Goossens or Iago Falque(both on loan) to the left wing, and place Ben Arfa on the right...

But thanks for the reply icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by louis118:

Mmm, accepted £50 million bid for Cesc. I have a surplus of young Cm's and I think i'll give them a turn. Lansbury will step up to the plate alongside Banega, only question now is who will be captain, Toure is declining so it may be Sakho.

Sakho's the ideal man for the job. High influence and he'll be at the heart of your defence for years and years.

End of Season 4 - A season of ups and downs!

We've just clinched the Champions league, beating Barca 3-1 in ET, with you know who getting a hat-trick.. yep Adebayor! This came a few days after beating Newcastle 3-0 in the FA Cup final and winning the league with 96pts. Liverpool came second after a fantastic season, in February i thought it'd run to the wire as at one point they were 6pts clear.. but a dip in form gave us opportunity to overtake them. The standard of the league is fantastic now. Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have fantastic squads and the mid-table teams have imporved dramtically too.

We failed to add the league cup to the above honours, Man City put on a master-class and beat us 2-1 at Wembley in the final. Elano ran the show, he was amazing and scored the winner in the 119th minute from 35 yards. I already had my mind on who was going to take the penalties. We also came in 3rd place in the CLub World Champ's.. the youngsters got taught a lesson by Real Salt Lake in the Semi's. We picked up the Euro Super Cup and Community Shield at the start of the season.

So, all-in-all .. 5 Trophies out of 7. Not bad, winning the big 3 was the priority and we did it. Adebayor, yet again was unreal. 67 Goals this year. Ronaldo was incredible too, 42 Games - 24 Goals and 16 Assists. Fabregas bossed our MF though, racking up a massive 36 assists in 46 games.

The squad is strong now, Saivet spent the season at Charlton and won the young player of the year, Lansbury came second and Merida, on loan at Everton, came 3rd. Sankhare enjoyed a wonderful season at Boro too, getting 2 young player of the month awards. Rhys Murphy went to FC Bayern and bagged 26 goals in 42 apps. Also Preston Edwwards and Joe Mattock shone in the Scotish League, for Aberdeen and Cletic respectivly. All 6 are pushing for first team squad slots now, aswell as my super regen - hailed the new Riquelme in his homeland, Armando Ferrero. He went to Espanyol and grabbed 16 goals and 12 assists. So.. i have real selections problems. Galvan and Bartley look great in the reserves, both need a season of regular football next term.

Here's my team.. and some thoughts.

GK J.Hart / Fabianski Thinking of Selling Fab and using P.Edwards as back-up

DR Sagna / A.Hargreaves [R] Hargreaves is coming along fantasticly.. and looks like he'll the England RB for years once he's a bit older

DL A.Traore / G.Clichy Clichy could fetch mega bucks.. J.Mattock could come in as back-up. He looks great and Clichy needs regular first team footy

DC Richards / Toure / Djourou Toure will depart if i can get 20m for him, Djourou still not convinced on.. Fazio looks good at Cardiff

DC Nordtveit / Sakho / Djourou

MC Denilson / Flamini Flamini's contract won't be renewed.. Sankhare is waiting in the wings

MC Fabregas / M.Johnson

AMR C.Ronaldo / T.Walcott There's a lot better out there than Walcott, but im not sure i want to part with him. Saivet is an able replacement and Theo's worth 18.75m.. tricky decision

AML C.Vela / Ben Arfa Ben Arfa could make lots of money and i want Merida/Saivet to have a chance, may sell him

AMC H.Lansbury / J.Wilshere Tricky finding room for Ferrero, may look to get him a loan to a big club for a season

ST Adebayor / Bendtner Maybe il give Murphy one more season out on loan.. don't want to break these two up just yet

With 176m to spend.. im not sure i need any of it. Advice is greatly appreciated as always. Hope it wasn't too much of a boring read icon14.gif

Small update.

INs

3x Regens

Total is 675k

OUTs

Clichy's gone to Liverpool for 26m plus a few extras

Balotelli's gone to Spurs for 7.5m + 50% Sell on

Ben Arfa's gone to Newcastle for 20m plus lots of extras

Flamini Released (Contract Up)

Few others too.

Total income is 59m

Team looks like this

GK Hart/Fabianski

DR Sagna/Hargeaves [R]

DL Traore/Mattock

DC Nordtveit/Toure/Djourou

DC Richards/Sakho/Djourou

MC Denilson/Sankhare

MC Fabregas/M.Johnson

AMR Ronaldo/Walcott

AMC Lansbury/Wilshere

AML Vela/Saivet

ST Ade/Bendtner

*Murphy's gone to Juve on loan and Merida back to Evertone. P.Edwards has gone to Scotland again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cass:

Is it possible to attend games to view potential players you wish to buy?

Yes. I usually do that so they'll get unsettled. Then I can buy them cheaper. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you do this?

thanks in advance

talk about unlucky!

its happened before. it seems as if the AI know that the player isa a threat and gets rid of him.

1st game saivet ever played in he assisted 2 and scored one all in the first 15 mins then got injured after 20 odd.

also the next game after the aguero injury it happened again similar. bendtner scored 2 the ngot straight red carded all in the space of 25 mins!!

its his 2nd red card this season and he's only played 7 games! the plonker.

so ive got aguero out for 2 months and bendtner's gonna get a 4 match suspension now. i only play with 1 striker and i only have eduardo as back up icon_eek.gif

crisis!!

hi

start of season 2 and im in need of a class winger who can play both sides , ben arfa is now out of the question as they want 44m for him icon_eek.gif

and ive just spent a lot on hugo lloris and per mertzacker

i would like a winger that is quality but not to expensive can anyone give me a shortlist of a few?

also ive just sold gallas ,senderos and eboue and brought in mertzacker does that leave me short on the right with only sagna

although i do have hoyte still ?

cheers

Hey all

OK i have decided to start an Arsenal save on 8.02. Do you guys have any tips as who to buy or sell in the first season?Also what youth to become good in the original Arsenal setup and what good youngsters should i buy?

Fabregas18

Ah ok, did you edit it before the game in the editor? Or did you edit it with FMM?

Scott08

I'm surprised you sold those players to clubs in the same league. I wouldnt normally do that tbh. I'd rather get a little less money but send them to other leagues. Especially since those are 3 quality players and could come back to haunt you (especially Ben Arfa and Balotelli).

Tell looks good. Maybe its time to sell Toure though? Must be getting on now. And I'm not sure if Vela and Saivet are best on the wings tbh. I'd rather see them play upfront. But you've developed a solid English base in the side. Thats good. Thats one of my aims too - to have atleast 7-10 English players in my squad of 22 (1 for each position!).

rich_sotdc

Yeah, the AI does that a lot. If a player starts off really well, I think they put him of tight marking and hard tackling. Had a lot of players get injured when they've scored a couple inside the first 20mins.

Dont worry about the striker situation though. Eduardo is a brilliant player and will do well. Dont you have Van Persie still around though?

gunnermitch

Well, you can try to unsettle Ben Arfa and you should get him a little cheaper. Maybe around the 25M mark. Some others you can have a look at:

- Jeremy Menez

- Jefferson Farfan

- Luka Modric

- Alessandro Rosina

- Gabriel Obertan

- Ricardo Quaresma

- Fabio Quagliarella

- Mikel Arteta

- Ashley Young

And I dont think you should need a RB tbh. Hoyte should be decent enough cover and also, Kolo Toure can play there if needed. But I do like 2 specialist players for every position though. But thats just me being fussy.

KCJ

Check out the last post on page 67 of this thread mate. I replied to somebody on the same question.

If you dont want to be bothered reading much, the only positions you need to strengthen are: 1 GK (for the first team), 1 CB and 1 versatile winger. You dont need anybody else.

Mark.

I dont think its possible to edit the feeder clubs on FMM mate. He must have done it before he started the game.

Morning guys,

Pretty happy with my squad at the mo, just looking to the future really, trying to bring through some youngsters instead of buying.

The only place I am looking to buy for is CB, I currently have Toure & barzagli who will be 31 atthe end of the current season, dependant upon stat drops & bids received I may or may not sell then. Looking at replacements I have sakho who is ready to step up, his pace is a bit low though, and have already have Breno & Djourou as backups to the two mentioned above.

Was looking at Criscito & Richards for replacements, or should I just by one and move up Sakho? His stats look great but his pace & accel are 12, I like my CB's to have pace to go with their stregth & heading.tackiling ability.

liam_everton89

Vela - gets drafted into a the first team squad. Costs 40M+ IIRC.

Hoyte - always available for about 2-3M. Good player for a struggling team and a decent backup player for a mid-table/UEFA Cup challenging team.

Nordtveit - good enough to be on rotation at any club in season 2. Becomes excellent in a 2-3 years and can easily become first choice in season 3 for you.

Lansbury - quality player but will cost about 15M I reckon.

Song - decent at best. Wouldnt recommend him.

Fabianski - becomes a solid GK. Might be worth a look if he's cheap. Dont know how much he costs. Sometimes Arsenal buy Buffon and then he'll be cheap. If they dont buy anyone, then its pot luck really.

All the others need time to develop I think. I might have forgotten someone though!

If you want some quality older players, have a look at Eduardo and Rosicky. Many times they become backups in season 2 at Arsenal. If they are, Eduardo will be availble for around 10M and Rosicky for around 6-7M. Both are quality players and well worth that money.

Ty H

Sakho never becomes very quick. I think the maximum he reaches is 13-14. But he's a quality CB and I suggest you play him. John Terry is pretty slow and yet is one of the best CB's on the game. Also, where's Nordtveit? He should be ready by now. Richards is always great. Criscito is good but is not particularly quick either. Have a look see how Habib Bellaid has developed. Can become quality sometimes. Also, Raul Albiol is quick and worth a shot. Sergio Ramos is quality ofcourse. Federico Fazio is another one. Nedum Onuoha might be worth a look too.

And you really should have regens coming through by now dude.

Archived