One thing I miss from older FMs/CMs...

So, recently I stumbled upon screenshots from some of the older Championship Manager games and I noticed one thing I LOVED about them that somewhere along the way were dropped by SI. I'm talking about those highlighted names on team screen which indicated which players were stars of the given team. I forgot how much I loved love them as it gave every team a bit of more personality and it gave me a lot of pleasure just to have those stars in my team, you know. Maybe SI could reintroduce this feature in future FMs?

Found a screenshot!

VYDP4MZ.png

I used to really like how the game used to show where your team could mathematically finish in the league against your current league position.

Watching the range of places narrow down added lots of excitement to the end of the season for me.

I used to really like how the game used to show where your team could mathematically finish in the league against your current league position.

Watching the range of places narrow down added lots of excitement to the end of the season for me.

That's still in the current version.

It's on your manager home page.

As for the OP, I always liked those stars and missed them when they went. The legends/icons/favoured personnel is a decent replacement but it was always nice to know who the fans' favourite players were at any point in time.

If you go to the team main information page there is a box down the bottom of who the best players are in that team. It's handy for International squads too, if you want to try and find an obscure nationality bargain.

man i also loved those highlighted star players on CM2. that was defnintely my most enjoybale CM game to date. literally hours on that game.

lol what about that if a player was "indespensible" to the club, the game wouldn't even let you put an offer in for him.

Archived