FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

Hi everyone.

I usually play FM08 online, with 2 friends.

Yesterday one of them bought a new pc, and now he can't connect to the server even though the other friend still can.

The error is: "Impossible to connect to server". (translated from Portuguese "Impossível ligar ao servidor")

The ip is correct, and we both have the official 8.0.1 patch, build 114310.

Any ideas on what we should do?

Thanks.

(PS - I'm sorry about using the wrong thread to put the question)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, not a cry for Help, more enlightenment, cos a vast amount of weirdness occurred in our game last night.

We, my son and I, have two machines, one running Vista, the other XP, hardwired/wireless to an Orange Livebox (yuk). We (Both Gits) have been playing merrily for months in two clan games, one using Hamachi, the other not (last nights) with no issues other than the usual freezing etc. Until last night, however.

Any reason anyone can think of that midway through a session, we would both be kicked (game kept going other end) and were unable to reconnect.

I'm thinking router issues, but as of this morning it was able to connect directly to my main work servers in Newport Wales. Spent a good couple of hours on the Vista machine attempting to Portfoward, as a possible remedy (had never had to in the past!), and assuming I've done it correctly still nothing, though I am going to have another look at how I've set that up later.

So, as I said, just looking for any other suggestions anyone can think of as to why this would happen.

Not sure at all Old Git but it may have been some weird resetting issue with your router last night but if you are saying you still cannot connect to FM then I don't really know.

Keep doing what your doing with the portforward thing and maybe you will stumble upon a solution.

i tried to play Football manager 2008 with friends and creat the game and choose ( run as server ) but it said to them un able to connect server....then i register here and find the help abt the router forwarding

but i don't know what to write in the ports gap ?

port start - port end

port map - port map end...

i found some numbers:

there: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forward...all_Manager_2006.htm

but it still doesn't work...

i tried to play Football manager 2008 with friends and creat the game and choose ( run as server ) but it said to them un able to connect server....then i register here and find the help abt the router forwarding

port start - port end

i found some numbers:

there: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forward...all_Manager_2006.htm

but it still doesn't work...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mido_kora:

port start 10093 - port end 10094

i found some numbers:

but it still doesn't work... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you need to set up 2 services in your router 1 for start port of 10093 and end port 10094 TCP

the other for 10093 and 10094 UDP

then add both the new services to your firewall rules then try letting them connect any more problems add me to messenger and i can try and connect to you or might be able to help you further

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toontomh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toontomh:

Operating system? XP

Service packs installed? None other than what the computer came with.

Net connection? Don't know where to get this from? If it's the little computer in the bottom right corner with some green lines coming out. Then the speed is 54.0 Mbps

ISP? Wanadoo (Think they've been bought out though :-S)

Router involved? Yes, Belkin

Anti virus software? Avast

Firewall software? Windows

My mate and I have been trying on FM07 and never worked, it could never connect. I got FM08 today and we've tried on there and still getting nowhere. He has had a game on FM07 through network with someone else in the past so it must be something to do with my computer...

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

because if it`s you then you`ll need to port forward your router so that the other players can connect to you but if your not hosting then the host needs to PORT FORWARD and only the host needs to do that not the players connecting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done that, both have tried to host opening the ports and all that and nothing. Just keeps coming up saying 'Unable to connect to server'

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you made sure you have port forwarded to the correct internal IP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I followed all the instructions given on that link. With the correct router and for FM2006. Is there something different to it?

I am on the computer that the connection is being routed to (The router is connected to the other computer), don't know if that should make any difference?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

Operating system? XP

Net connection? Don't know where to get this from? If it's the little computer in the bottom right corner with some green lines coming out. Then the speed is 54.0 Mbps

My mate and I have been trying on FM07 and never worked, it could never connect. I got FM08 today and we've tried on there and still getting nowhere. He has had a game on FM07 through network with someone else in the past so it must be something to do with my computer...

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

because if it`s you then you`ll need to port forward your router so that the other players can connect to you but if your not hosting then the host needs to PORT FORWARD and only the host needs to do that not the players connecting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done that, both have tried to host opening the ports and all that and nothing. Just keeps coming up saying 'Unable to connect to server'

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you made sure you have port forwarded to the correct internal IP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I followed all the instructions given on that link. With the correct router and for FM2006. Is there something different to it?

I am on the computer that the connection is being routed to (The router is connected to the other computer), don't know if that should make any difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The internal IP on the game status screen should match the internal IP you have forwarded the ports for.

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with logging on to a network game on FM2008.

It's essentially the same problem that other people are experiencing - being told that I'm 'unable to connect to server' once I log on.

However, the difference is that me and 3 other mates have been playing a game for the last 2 months or so and have never experienced any problems like this previously. The hoster has a wired connection and usually the connection is very good.

But when I tried to log on earlier today, the game gave me the message that I was 'unable to connect to server' despite the fact that my two other mates who are 'guests' and have wireless networks could still connect.

The last time I logged onto the game was yesterday and since then I have done nothing to alter my internet connection. My internet connection is fine, I've unplugged and replugged my router, made sure I typed in the correct IP address and checked my firewall settings but nothing has worked. Is there anything which might have affected my internet status without me realising in the last 24 hours?

We're in the middle of a good game at the moment so any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks very much.

Steve

Thanks for your response though Dunga99. We did consider that but the host of our game assures me that he didn't purposely ban me.

How could he have banned me without have meaning to (I did log on to his brother's game on the same address by mistake - might it have happened then if he wasn't expecting anyone else to log on?) and if he did ban me, is there any way that this can be undone?

Operating system? XP

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am on the computer that the connection is being routed to (The router is connected to the other computer), don't know if that should make any difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The internal IP on the game status screen should match the internal IP you have forwarded the ports for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the IP i have forwarded mine to is 192.168.0.2 as the 2 is my pc 3 is the wifes laptop and 4 is the kids laptop

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve0520:

Thanks for your response though Dunga99. We did consider that but the host of our game assures me that he didn't purposely ban me.

How could he have banned me without have meaning to (I did log on to his brother's game on the same address by mistake - might it have happened then if he wasn't expecting anyone else to log on?) and if he did ban me, is there any way that this can be undone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try this

START>RUN and type cmd. At the command line type ipconfig /release, Then hit ENTER. Next, type ipconfig /renew and shut the computer down. Next, unplug the cable modem for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in again. Once all of the modem lights are green, power up the PC again. It should automatically renew its IP at boot.

Note: If they have a router, they should unplug it, as well, then plug it back in AFTER they plug in the modem, but before they power up the PC. The router will need to supply the PC with a new IP address.

Thanks RDXCougar8173, but I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. After I typed in 'ipconfig/release' and 'ipconfig/renew' a message came up tht said 'no operation can be performed while it has its media disconnected'. Is this why it might not have worked?

I've seen elsewhere to do this and leave it overnight so might this help? Also, is there any way that the host could 'unblock' my IP address from the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mido_kora:

port start 10093 - port end 10094

i found some numbers:

but it still doesn't work... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you need to set up 2 services in your router 1 for start port of 10093 and end port 10094 TCP

the other for 10093 and 10094 UDP

then add both the new services to your firewall rules then try letting them connect any more problems add me to messenger and i can try and connect to you or might be able to help you further </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks icon_smile.gif...

but still the quest.

how can i set up those both services?

Operating system? XP

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The internal IP on the game status screen should match the internal IP you have forwarded the ports for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forwarded it to 192.168.2.1, but the IP on the game is 192.168.2.3 However, when I do the 192.168.2.3 it doesn't go straight to the page which it should (The one that's shown on PortForward). It comes up with a little log in box saying in the top corner 'Connect to 192.168.2.3' and asking for a username and password.

However, I don't know what the Username and Password is...?

Thanks,

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve0520:

Sorry to ask again but is there a way that my IP address could be unblocked by a host after he has blocked it from the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think there is unless you can change your IP, any chance you can change host?

Probably not as the other three of us all have wireless connections and we've all tried connecting to each other's networks so unless we find someone else with a wired connection then it's unlikely.

I've been looking at installing this Hamachi program which helps with network games for users with wireless computers. Has anyone heard of it and is it worth trying?

Probably not as the other three of us all have wireless connections and we've all tried connecting to each other's networks so unless we find someone else with a wired connection then it's unlikely.

I've been looking at installing this Hamachi program which helps with network games for users with wireless computers. Has anyone heard of it and is it worth trying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you use internet through the phone line like bt,orange you will get a new ip every time you turn on your computer or if you reboot it unless your wireless router has been set up to give you a static ip

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rude_786:

i am trying to join a network game but is always says unable to connect to server how do i get rid of this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you trying to connect to the correct ip?

does the person you are trying to connect to have a router? if so has he forwarded the ports?

Operating system? XP

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forwarded it to 192.168.2.1, but the IP on the game is 192.168.2.3 However, when I do the 192.168.2.3 it doesn't go straight to the page which it should (The one that's shown on PortForward). It comes up with a little log in box saying in the top corner 'Connect to 192.168.2.3' and asking for a username and password.

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so you should have forwarded it to 192.168.2.3. So what you do here is type in your default internal IP address of 192.168.2.1 and put in your log in details like it says on portforward.com. Pick your router from the list and go through the port forwarding process again this time using the IP of 192.168.2.3 as your LAN IP and not the default IP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rude_786:

i am trying to join a network game but is always says unable to connect to server how do i get rid of this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read the opening post and post in the proper format so people can help you.

Originally posted by toontomh:

Operating system? XP

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so you should have forwarded it to 192.168.2.3. So what you do here is type in your default internal IP address of 192.168.2.1 and put in your log in details like it says on portforward.com. Pick your router from the list and go through the port forwarding process again this time using the IP of 192.168.2.3 as your LAN IP and not the default IP.[/quote

Just a quick insert from me

My clan are using a programme called Hamatchii to link up as no one could link up to my laptop to play(im amazed as my laptop so far has held 9 people playing it...)

Hamacthii is a second IP basically which helps link up to any PC.It is a good tool but to install it you need to turn your firewall off if you dont use Vista.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heyesy:

Originally posted by toontomh:

Operating system? XP

Thansk,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting ????

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so you should have forwarded it to 192.168.2.3. So what you do here is type in your default internal IP address of 192.168.2.1 and put in your log in details like it says on portforward.com. Pick your router from the list and go through the port forwarding process again this time using the IP of 192.168.2.3 as your LAN IP and not the default IP.[/quote

Just a quick insert from me

My clan are using a programme called Hamatchii to link up as no one could link up to my laptop to play(im amazed as my laptop so far has held 9 people playing it...)

Hamacthii is a second IP basically which helps link up to any PC.It is a good tool but to install it you need to turn your firewall off if you dont use Vista. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RDXCougar added me on msn yesterday to try and help me, and we got somewhere, but not all the way. I've tried using Hamatchi with my mate, but to no avail.

While me and RDXCougar were trying, when he tried to find me, he couldn't connect, though when I tried to connect to him, it found him, and it connected, but then left quite soon after (I appeared on his computer, then left within a matter of seconds). I havn't had a chance to try with my mate again, but any ideas why it was connecting then disconnecting so quickly?

Thanks,

Tom

I've been looking at installing this Hamachi program which helps with network games for users with wireless computers. Has anyone heard of it and is it worth trying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried joining another game to see if its a blocked IP or another problem your end?

If you what I could load up a game and give you an ip and see if that works.

Just a quick note to say how helpful everyone has been on this thread. Im new to online gaming and having no knowledge at all on how to forward ports etc, didnt think I would be able to crack it but have managed it this afternoon without issue.

So if you are new to playing FM online and having problems like unable to connect, do take a read through this forum rather than starting new topics as all your answers are simply here.

Thanks to everyone again for helping out folk in need like me icon_smile.gif

Nice one Freddy, glad you got it sorted & are able to play FM08 online. You are of course correct, I'm pretty certain 99% of questions have been asked numerous times & answered numerous times before so if people read through they'll find the solution.

Just a shame some are unable to do that as it gets very boring re-answering the same things over & over again.

The most common thing I have found in helping people for various different versions is they simply arent reading the guides, they dont bother to try to portforward but say they have just to make it look like they've tried.

Enjoy the game & well done again icon14.gif

Hi, me and my friend had recenly started a game. I have been able to get back on it but when he tries it says "New Network User" while hes old manager profile is there also. Why does this "new network user come up" instead of him being able to join is his old profile? This is the 1st time this has occured.

Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wzaman:

Hi, me and my friend had recenly started a game. I have been able to get back on it but when he tries it says "New Network User" while hes old manager profile is there also. Why does this "new network user come up" instead of him being able to join is his old profile? This is the 1st time this has occured.

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you have not set your holiday options properly.

Read this thread before posting as this has been asked and answered numerous times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan the villa fan:

Just a quick one, is it only the host of the game who needs to port forward or does everyone who wants to join need to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only the host has to forward their ports.

Again this question has been asked numerous times in this thread and answered so it all it requires is for you to read the thread to find your answer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wzaman:

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your mate to click on "not connected" next to his team.

me(host)

Operating system? Vista

Service packs installed?

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? bt

Router involved? homehub

Anti virus software? none

Firewall software? disabled

friend

Operating system? xp

Service packs installed? sp2

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? ntl/virgin

Router involved? modem

Hi everyone have posted about this problem before, namely that my network game with a mate is unbearably slow and liable to being booted out. Have disabled all graphics, diabled antivirus, tried himachi and forwarded ports. I was fine in 07.

The only problem I perceive is the following: I have forwarded ports in bthomehub but this website is saying the port 10093 is closed, but port 10094 is open. Anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried unblocking the 10093 and 10094 individually, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as network games are the most enjoyable aspect to me, thanks

majorbriggs

majorbriggs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by majorbriggs:

me(host)

Operating system? Vista

Service packs installed?

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? bt

Router involved? homehub

friend

Operating system? xp

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? ntl/virgin

Router involved? modem

Hi everyone have posted about this problem before, namely that my network game with a mate is unbearably slow and liable to being booted out. Have disabled all graphics, diabled antivirus, tried himachi and forwarded ports. I was fine in 07.

The only problem I perceive is the following: I have forwarded ports in bthomehub but this website is saying the port 10093 is closed, but port 10094 is open. Anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried unblocking the 10093 and 10094 individually, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as network games are the most enjoyable aspect to me, thanks

majorbriggs

majorbriggs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im using vista with the homehub without any problems.

i cant view you images full size, but i forwarded ports 10093 and 10094 on the homehub which are in boxes above one another. there is a box immediately to the right which i beleive says translate to, which i think you re enter 10093.

not sure if this helps...

me

Operating system? Vista

Service packs installed?

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? Tiscali

Router involved? Netgear DG834PN

Anti virus software? Symantec, FM allowed

friend (host)

Operating system? xp

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? BT

Router involved? homehub

i'm having the same problems as major briggs and it is killing us. go to 'canyouseeme' and both of my ports appear to be still blocked. i've tested it on my utorrent port (just the one port open there) and that is fine.

i've now scratched my head bald and giving up unless somebody can show me the light. PLEASE!!!

can you not just use any old ports?

Thanks

Dave

Operating system? XP

Service packs installed? No

Net connection? 1.3mbs i think

ISP? internet explorer

Router involved? no

Anti virus software? norton antivirus

Firewall software? dont no

i go on the game, then to network then on join it says no servers are there please help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dav1970:

me

Operating system? Vista

Service packs installed?

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? Tiscali

Router involved? Netgear DG834PN

Anti virus software? Symantec, FM allowed

friend (host)

Operating system? xp

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? BT

Router involved? homehub

i'm having the same problems as major briggs and it is killing us. go to 'canyouseeme' and both of my ports appear to be still blocked. i've tested it on my utorrent port (just the one port open there) and that is fine.

i've now scratched my head bald and giving up unless somebody can show me the light. PLEASE!!!

can you not just use any old ports?

Thanks

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who`s hosting you or a friend as if it`s you your router looks pretty easy to port forward

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David_imp:

Operating system? XP

Service packs installed? No

Net connection? 1.3mbs i think

ISP? internet explorer

Router involved? no

Anti virus software? norton antivirus

Firewall software? dont no

i go on the game, then to network then on join it says no servers are there please help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it doesnt work like that you need to have an IP address off someone who is hosting a game that you can join but ip address` do not get posted in the forum as they are then prone to mget anything off anyone

Operating system - Mac OS Leopard

Service packs installed - 10.5.1

Net connection - 2MB

ISP - Orange

Router involved - Inventel Livebox

Anti virus software - Not installed

Firewall software - disabled

Please note the mate is trying to connect using the following settings.

Operating system - Windows Xp

Service packs installed - SP2

Net connection - 2MB

ISP - Sky

Router involved Netgear

Anti virus software - Norton (disabled)

Firewall software - Windows defender (disabled)

When trying to connect i keep getting the error "cannot connect to server" then FM2008 minimize's to the Windows desktop.

I have forwarded the required ports from my router and followed all previously suggested tips. (TCP/UDT 10093-10094)

I have upgraded both machines to 8.0.1 (unsure if this is needed for online gaming between mac and pc?)

I have tried connecting from other machines and also get the same fault.

Confirmed i am set up to run as server.

The main issue is im unsure what to enter in the connect to server box, i believe you enter the exact ip address that is listed in the game status. The ip address listed on my game status looks something like this 192.168.1.175/88.77.1.64. If im right the first part is my internal address and the latter is my physical ip address. How do i enter that? 192.168.1.175/88.77.1.64 or 192.168.1.175 or 88.77.1.64 or other?

Any suggestions would be great

Cheers

Michael

is game performance in multiplayer dictated by the hosts pc or internet speed?

reason i ask is cos im gonna start a mp game this weekend with me bein the host. i have a pretty good spec buy my opponent's pc aint as good. i can run lots of leagues no problem.

Operating system - XP

Net connection - 2MB

ISP - 3G USB

Router involved - USB

Anti virus software - Not installed

i have been joining a network game no problem, however FM08 has started to freeze when starting up when my USB 3G router thing is plugged in. when i take it out the game starts up as usual but then when i plug it back in FM doesnt realise its active and wont join a network game.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When trying to connect i keep getting the error "cannot connect to server" then FM2008 minimize's to the Windows desktop.

I have forwarded the required ports from my router and followed all previously suggested tips. (TCP/UDT 10093-10094)

I have upgraded both machines to 8.0.1 (unsure if this is needed for online gaming between mac and pc?)

I have tried connecting from other machines and also get the same fault.

Confirmed i am set up to run as server.

The main issue is im unsure what to enter in the connect to server box, i believe you enter the exact ip address that is listed in the game status. The ip address listed on my game status looks something like this 192.168.1.175/88.77.1.64. If im right the first part is my internal address and the latter is my physical ip address. How do i enter that? 192.168.1.175/88.77.1.64 or 192.168.1.175 or 88.77.1.64 or other?

Any suggestions would be great </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i too have been getting this problem, as my clan still needs a host, and i'd love to solve the issue and host it for us.

Operating system - XP

Net connection - 2MB

ISP - Virgin Media

Router involved - Cable Modem

Anti virus software - AVG

Me and my mate even joined each other over hamachi but when i hosted he couldnt join and i couldnt join his game either. Please somebody help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony1977:

is game performance in multiplayer dictated by the hosts pc or internet speed?

reason i ask is cos im gonna start a mp game this weekend with me bein the host. i have a pretty good spec buy my opponent's pc aint as good. i can run lots of leagues no problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all the processing is done by the hosts pc but it also helps if you have a good internet connection

Archived