Froward to Zenith: Club 3

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Third Division

May 11th 2016

Minas Gerais State Champs

Fixtures.png

We started badly with a loss in a game we should've won, and then it looked like it was going to be a bad season as we were well out of it with 1 win in our first four games, but after that we turned it around and with the loss and draw in early April being the only bad games and we went through into the Semis, finishing 4th once again, this time we were third as our game finished, but a goal from America (MG) in injury time in their final match saw them slip back ahead of us and meant we would face Atletico Mineiro in the Semis, a game I thought we could win as we had a good match with them in the league.

The Final Table

State.png

The Semi-Final

24.04 vs Atletico Mineiro 0:2

Well that result was just ugly, a home game and we went down with ease, clearly the top 2 teams in our State are better than the rest of us by a fair margin.

01.05 at Atletico Mineiro 0:2 (0:4)

Well we went attacking in the second leg as being down by two goals it was probably our only chance. It didn't work as we lost by two goals again.

Brazilian Cup

The draw wasn't as nice this season as we drew Sport Recife in the first round, they are in the Second Division, and look like a better team. Basically I was hopeful to slip past them, but would be glad to just put on a show.

1st Round 1st Leg

30.03 vs Sport Recife 0:0

Keeping the opposition scoreless at our place is good, but it does mean we need to win at theirs which is going to be a tough ask.

1st Round 2nd Leg

06.04 at Sport Recife 2:0 (2:0)

Weder (32), Michel (68)

And that was exactly what I ordered, the boys came out in the away leg and showed me what they can do, the defence was the major part of this as Caue took the man of the match, while Fontes & others did excellent work back there as well.

This saw us through to the second round and we were to face Ypiranga who are a lower league team.

2nd Round 1st Leg

04.05 at Ypiranga (AP) 0:1

Well not too disappointing, it does suck to concede, but only one goal away from home is good enough, now we just need to make sure we score twice at home.

2nd Round 2nd Leg

11.05 vs Ypiranga (AP) 3:0 (3:1)

Galvao (15), Hugo (50), Fontes (83)

And that is what the doctor ordered, after the first half I went into full attack mode sending everyone forward and was rewarded with a great goal from Hugo, we had 5 guys in the box, while Reinaldo had the ball wide right, he kicked the ball across the goal to the edge of the box and Hugo pounced and scored unmarked with ease.

For the third round we have been drawn against Vasco who are in the 1st Division, so could be a good battle there. Looking forward to pushing our team in that challenge as we prepare for the Third Division season.

The Players

My Player of the State Champs: Nunes (AMC) - 12 Apps, 4G, 4A, AvgR: 7.17

Other Stars for Betim

Raphael Fontes (DC) - 12 Apps, 3G, 0A, AvgR: 7.47

Jose Augusto (MC) - 12(1) Apps, 2G, 1A, AvgR: 7.05

I have to say Fontes looks like a great signing for the team as a top class centre back, has been excellent so far. Well Augusto was meant to be a sub only, but injuries to Weder & Nunes saw him get a chance and he passed Regis & Thiago on the depth chart to be a confirmed starter.

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Third Division

August 1st 2016

Third Division

Moving on through

Fixtures.png

A little bit up and down in the season so far, but that is kind of what I expect as the teams in this division are all so close together.I was most disappointed with our two home losses, but the team is building, we may have taken a loss to Parana, but as shown in the table they are the best team in the division, and we did beat them first time out. Looking forward to the final 7 games and a good shot at making the Quarterfinals this season.

The Table

Table.png

So after 11 games we are comfortably within the top 4 and a good shot at making our way into the playoffs, we have dropped to third (Were 2nd before the loss to Parana), but we are well in the competition for the top 4, and from what I understand the winners of the Quarterfinals make it into the second division for next season, so that is my main aim.

The Cup

I actually had to add this section to the update just before I posted it, as I remembered we were still in the cup after the State Championships. We were into the third round and facing Vasco in our attempt to make it into the fourth round, they were a first division side, and at their place first I was not looking forward to this game.

29.06 at Vasco 4:0

Augusto (24,pen32,90), Thiago (28)

Wow, now that was an unexpected result, especially away from home, disappointingly in the third round a 2 goal away win doesn't put you through, so we would have to head home and defend the lead. I was most delighted with the huge effort from Augusto as he contributed to every single goal and managed a beautiful hattrick as well.

06.07 vs Vasco 1:3

Augusto (85)

This game showed what would happen when Vasco were on top of their game, when it was 3-0 I thought we were in a lot of trouble, and it was highly likely that we were going to lose our 4 goal lead and get knocked out. Then up stepped my new hero Augusto and he went straight into the fans hearts as he scored a goal meaning Vasco needed two more in five minutes to knock us out of the cup, they couldn't manage it and we were through to the next round.

This is huge for our little club, we are into the last sixteen now to face Gremio (1st Div), we are the only remaining 3rd division club, and there is only one 2nd division club left as well. The match will take place over two legs on the 17th & 24th of August.

The Players

My Player of the Half: Jose Augusto (AM/MC) - 11 Apps, 3G, 3A, AvgR: 7.31 (Cup - 2 Apps, 4G, 1A, AvgR: 8.60)

Other Stars for Betim

Raphael Fontes (DC) - 11 Apps, 0G, 0A, AvgR: 7.25

Palhinha (MC) - 5(1) Apps, 2G, 2A, AvgR: 7.17

Danilo Galvao (ST) - 11 Apps, 6G, 1A, AvgR: 7.08

Player Stats

Stats.png

Very impressed to see my youngsters shining in the midfield, really is a toss up between Weder, Regis & Thiago for the other MC spot at the moment, when Nunes gets back from injury it is likely that Augusto will drop back and partner Palhinha in the middle.

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Third Division

End of Season Report

In Brief

Predicted: 2nd

Actual: 4th (Graph)

Brazilian Cup: 4th Round vs Gremio 1st Leg - 2nd Leg

State Champs: 4th (Semifinal vs At.Mineiro)

Manager: Des Tiny

Season Tickets: 0

Finances: 850k (99th [^108] in Brazil)

Transfers: 2016

Squad: Seniors

This Season

General News

The Cup run, and some good results meant we actually did much better financially this season. Last season saw a 169k loss, and we have turned that to a million euro plus profit which is a big turnaround and hopefully help as we move up to the Second Division. Given the results in the Cup I am actually not too worried about the step up, I have a twenty two man squad lined up for next season from current players, minus those who aren't starting or won't re-sign, has a large number of young guys so could make it interesting.

The League

We only managed two wins in the first seven games of the season, it looked like it was going to be tough going and we were going to miss the target of promotion this season. Three wins in a row put us right up into the playoff hunt, but it looked unlikely as we started to fall back down the order, but with two games to go we were out of the playoffs by 3pts, and knew that we had to win both games and hope at least one of the teams above us dropped a game. Well we went and took both our games, and in the end one of the others dropped 5pts to give us the fourth playoff spot and a quarterfinal against the best team from Group B.

Quarter Final

1st Leg - vs America (RN) 2:2

Galvao (7), Hugo (90+2)

2nd Leg - at America (RN) 2:0 (4:2)

Michel (24), Galvao (27)

What a good turn around, I was a little disappointed with the first up draw, especially as it took a late goal from Hugo to confirm us home. But to go to their place and turn it around with two good goals in the first thirty minutes. This result guarantees our promotion for our team, looking forward to the second division in the new season. First thing though is the Semifinals of the Third Division.

Semi Final

1st Leg - vs Sao Caetano 1:2

Nunes (78)

2nd Leg - at Sao Caetano 0:2

Well this team just seemed better than us, I knew we could push them, but with Augusto & Michel suspended it made it tough to try and win when two of our better players weren't able to play in the Semifinal. Will just push on and look to the next season.

Top Goalscorer: Danilo Galvao 2nd

Manager of Year: Des Tiny 2nd

Team of the Year: Weder, Jose Augusto, Danilo Galvao

Fixtures

State Championship

This competition was covered in earlier reports, but needless to say those two big teams in the league are ahead of the rest and will be a challenge every single season. Hopefully we can build a bit closer to them as the seasons continue.

Semi Final

1st Leg - vs At. Miniero 0:2

2nd Leg - at At. Miniero 0:2

Fixtures

Brazilian Cup

What a cup run, I was worried because we drew a better team in the first round, but after winning that match-up we got an easier game in the next round and streamed past the lower ranked team. This saw us drawn against Vasco a top level team who look a lot better than us. But the first leg at their place had a huge surprise in it as we went on a storming run and managed to score 4 goals at their place, now it was just a matter of holding on at home. It was a bit of a shock as we went down 3-0 and it looked like the opposition might actually be strong enough to turn this around and put us down over two legs. Jose Augusto turned into our saviour as he scored his 4th goal of the round in the 85th minute to make it 5-3 on aggregate and give us that lead that would not be overcome. Gremio were the next team up, going in I was feeling a lot better than in previous games as we had already defeated some bigger teams. And it got even more likely as in the first leg we managed to hold them to a 0-0 draw at their place. Could we do the unthinkable at home and make it into the Quarterfinals of the cup? Well in the end we just didn't have quite enough as we went down 1-0 at our place to be knocked out, but that cup run really did help our coffers for the season.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

The Main Stars

Felipe Passoni (GK) - He only conceded 46 goals in 40 games, exactly what you want from a goalie, solid at the back in most games.

Alex Reinaldo (DR) - Did his expected job, but also got up the sideline with 9 assists as well.

Caue (DC) - Our senior defender was very solid

Raphael Fontes (DC) - A average rating of 7.4 is huge for a defender, especially when he only scored 5 goals in 40 ish games.

Weder (MC) - Not sure if he keeps a starting role, was solid, but not great.

Jose Augusto (MC) - My star player, loved what he did throughout the season. This youngster is huge for our club.

Nunes (AMC) - A couple of injuries hurt, but his season was pretty good, look forward to seeing him up a level.

Danilo Galvao (ST) - He managed 18 goals, but had a drought in the middle of the season, did sign an extension.

The Others to watch

Lima (ST)

Palhinha (MC)

Batata (AM)

There are also some other youngsters who didn't play, but should be involved next season; Aleluia, Junior, Toquinho, & Juliano

My Career Club History

The 100 Club

Anyone with 100 games under my management

|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
| The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
|-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|

The Club Awards

|---------|------------|------------|----------------------|---------|------------|
| Season  | Division   | Club       |     Fans PotY        | Best XI | Overall XI |
|---------|------------|------------|----------------------|---------|------------|
|  2013   | Chile 1B   | Barnechea  | [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Des Tiny_ News Inbox-2.png"]Jorge Martinez Ramos[/url] |  [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Barnechea_ History Best Eleven.png"]2013[/url]   | [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Barnechea_ History Best Eleven.png"]2013-2014[/url]  |
|  2014   | Chile 1B   | Huachipato |    Roberto Ovelar    |  2014   | 2014-2014  |
|  2015   | Brazil 3rd | Betim      |         Caue         |  2015   | 2015-2015  |
|  2016   | Brazil 3rd | Betim      |    Raphael Fontes    |  2015   | 2015-2015  |

Club History

|---------|------------|----------|----------|----------|------------|-------------|------------------|
| Season  | Club       |  Nation  | Division | Position | Cups       | Continental |     Comments     |
|---------|------------|----------|----------|----------|------------|-------------|------------------|
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8666865&viewfull=1#post8666865"]2013[/url]   | Barnechea  |  Chile   |   1DB    |    [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Chilean First Division B_ Overview Stages.png"]6th[/url]   | Runners-up |     NA      |       None       |
|  2014   | Barnechea  |  Chile   |   1DB    |    7th   |     NA     |     NA      | Left in April    |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8705542&viewfull=1#post8705542"]2014[/url]   | Huachipato |  Chile   |   1DB    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Hauchipato/2014/August/Chilean First Division B_ Overview Stages.png"]6th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      | Joined April     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8796222&viewfull=1#post8796222"]2015[/url]   | Betim      |  Brazil  |   3rd    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Betim/2015/November/Brazilian National Third Division_ Overview Stages.png"]5th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      |       None       |
|  2016   | Betim      |  Brazil  |   3rd    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Betim/2016/November/Brazilian National Third Division_ Overview Stages.png"]4th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      |     Promoted     |

Previous Clubs

Barnechea

In 2014 after I left saw Barnechea relegated at the end of the season, and they have been unable to make it back into the playable divisions since that failure.

Huachipato

The former top level team took themselves straight back up the season after I left.

2015 - The club started well under new management and made it up, finished 4th and then gained promotion.

2016 - Back in the Top Division they have managed a mid table finish, coming 10th with an 11-12-11 record.

The Future

In Brief

Predicted: 17th

My Aim: Avoid Relegation

Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: 8.45k

Wage Budget: 18,386

Wages at 02.01.17: 10,525

New Signings:

Screenshots to come.

Definitely looking forward to the new season. Into the pre-season already, big increase in wage budget (18k now) means I can sign a bunch of new players to build on the team I already have, looking to blood some youngsters and also make sure we avoid relegation in the league. The State Championship I am hoping to make the move into third this season and close the gap on the big two once again, the challenge is set.

No new signings yet, but expecting some shortly.

Not far from promotion.

That actually was promotion. The winners of the quarterfinals get promoted, though according to the rules in the playoffs you don't get promoted til you lose the Semi-Final, seriously don't ask me, I was confused too. Glad to be into a league with a standard two rounds against 20 teams, though seems to have a tight window to fit into given I still play the State Champs in Feb - May, then the League will start, and run May - Nov

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Third Division

Pre-Season Report 2017

In Brief

State Odds: 5-1 (4th)

League Odds: 40-1 (Relegation)

Members: 49.96k

Sponsorship: 437k

Players

So I am trying out a new format in my pre-season update, so first thing is an introduction to the players, I will start by introducing the players that will play a part in the starting line-up and the subs (Can have 12 in Brazil), and then I will finish off with some of my younger guys who I have sent out on loan. Will Introduce the players by position as it seems like the easiest way to go through the team.

Goalkeepers: Caio Secco, Felipe Passoni, Mineiro

This position has been improved in the off-season with the signing of Secco, while Passoni was good last season I am not sure that he was going to make the step up, so I went out and found an improvement in Secco. Secco spent the last three seasons with Vihena in the Third Division conceding just 60 goals in 74 games, hopefully he is better to make the step up. Passoni will be our bench keeper for the season, while Mineiro has been sent on loan to Nautico in the Third Division for this season. I think Mineiro is my future at the position, but I think game time at this stage is most important, so he should get that in the Third Division.

Right Backs: Mateus Borelli, Alex Reinaldo, Santos

Right back has had a signing for the new season as well, I couldn't afford any of the guys I wanted as they wanted a lot more than I am willing to put on the table for a right back, but in the end I signed Borelli into the team. Both Borelli & Reinaldo look about even, am predicting a battle for the position through the season. Borelli will start the season in the starting role as Reinaldo needs to get match fit following his injury. Santos is the youngster who I believe could make the step up in the future, as such he has been offered for loan, hopefully I can get him into the Third Division as well.

Left Backs: Milas, Victor Hugo, Aleluia

Left back had a signing needed, Leonardo left at the end of the season and we managed to sign Milas as his replacement. My Ass Man things Hugo & Milas are at the same level with the same potential, but as I see it I think Milas is clearly the better player and he will start the season as the leading left back. Hugo will be the back-up and hopefully not be needed during the season, at the same time I have sent Aleluia on his way to Ceara in the First Division on loan, not sure if he will get game time, but he is going to get on with their better training facilities and come back improved.

Centre Backs: Danilo Teixeira, Raphael Fontes, Caue, Junior, Toquinho, Jakson, Leandro Lino

The final signing for the back end of the pitch was a centre back, we signed Teixeira as a new starter at the back, he will definitely start, and alongside him will be the gem from last season, Fontes really pushed his way into the starting side last season and will continue there this season as well as becoming Vice Captain. Caue as captain will drop to the bench, the other four centre backs are available for loan, Junior and Jakson are yet to find teams, but Toquinho has found his way to Macae where he is a starting centre back for the team that finished atop our group last season. Lino has been sent on loan to Golania where he is their first back-up, hoping he will break into their team, but he is down in the ranks of my centre backs so not overly worried.

Defensive Mids: Cacio, Juliano

I was looking for a new DM during the offseason, I knew Cacio had improved while on the bench last season, and it turns out as I looked for a better option it kept coming back to him, so in the end I gave Cacio a new contract and Sorato dropped to the reserves. Juliano is the next big thing at DM, and I want to see him get some game time this season. If I get a good loan offer he may go and I will use someone else as the back-up, but Cacio is clearly the starter here.

Centre Mids: Jose Augusto, Weder, Palhinha, Fernandinho, Pele

Augusto confirmed himself as our best centre mid last season, I am delighted to have seen our youngster step into the first team and do well. This season he will lead from that position, beside him will be Weder, according to my Ass Man he is not good enough, but he is one of the better centre mids I saw in my hunt for a replacement. In the end he keeps the role, Palhinha who was back-up last season is moved on to Vilhena on loan, they will be competing in the Third Division this season and Palhinha is competitive for a starting spot there. In the offseason I noticed that for a position where I need two players we were lacking on the youth side, so I added two youngsters in Fernandinho & Pele, they will serve as the back-ups for this season though if I get a good loan offer for one of them they will go for a visit somewhere.

Attacking Mids: Nunes, Mauricio, Batata

No new signings for the attacking mid role, I have put Batata out on loan to Horizonte in the Third Division, he is a starting central midfielder for them which at least means he is getting game time. Nunes will start as expected, he is the best attacking mid in our team, Mauricio cannot play until April when he turns 16, but he will get a chance after that. Until that point the cover for Attacking Mid will come from Augusto moving forward or one of our multiple strike options dropping back into the hole.

Strikers: Lima, Yago, Danilo Galvao, Elmo, Plinio Marcos, Felipe, Fernandinho

Lima & Yago are going to be given the first shot at this job for the season, I have to admit to having been disappointed with Galvao at points of last season even though he scored 18 goals, but these two new guys (Both signed mid season) look like the business and looked good in my friendlies with 8 goals between them in those games. Galvao will be our first bench option, while Elmo is a youngster who will cover as the other guys are out on loan. Plinio Marcos is on loan at America (RN) in the Third Division, he has a starting role with them early on. Felipe is on loan at Boa, also in the Third Division where it looks like he will have a starting role as well. Fernandinho is on loan at Pelotas and is not expected to start for now, but has a chance to break into the team there which he doesn't have with us.

So there you go, a full introduction to all the pieces I think will play a part for my Betim squad. I still have two seasons on my contract and right now plan to work through those two teams and get the team into a solid position within the second division and see what we can do going forward.

Well after injuries to Hugo & Milas in the same week, I had Caue step in for two games as left back cover.

Now both of the others are back from injury, but I don't think I can drop Caue after his two performances, 7.6 & 8.5 including an assist. Just awesome work from cover, but Milas in his 5 games has averaged 7.44, been pretty good at left back, but how do I drop the guy with two games over 7.6 - Right to more FM World Problems.

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Second Division

May 17th 2017

Minas Gerais State Champs

Fixtures.png

Well we started away to one of the big two, and went down 2-0, but following that game we then set a new record as we went 6 straight games without conceding before Cruzeiro scored late to prevent us extending the State record to 7 games without conceding. After that loss we managed to finish the rest of the regular season without a loss, our goalkeeping went down hill a little bit. On the final day there were just a few points separating us, America, Cruzeiro & At. Mineiro. With At.Mineiro winning their game to move past us and America it meant that the winner of our game would be second and the loser 4th. Cruzeiro lost their game, but had a good enough GD that they weren't going to be caught, we scored first and it looked like we might steal second and a home first leg against At.Mineiro, but it wasn't to be as America equalised and knocked us back to 4th and a match against Cruzeiro for the chance to get into the final.

The Final Table

Table.png

The Semi-Final

30.04 vs Cruzeiro 3:3

Lima (32,76), Pele (44)

07.05 at Cruzeiro 2:2 (5:5) => 3:5p

Galvao (90+1), Augusto (120+1)

Incredibly over two legs it took penalties for Cruzeiro to defeat us in the Semi-Final, this alone shows our improvement on the previous seasons, for the third straight year we finished fourth and suffered defeat in the Semi, but for the first time we made a real battle of it. The first leg should've been ours, except for defensive lapses, in the second leg it took injury time twice to keep us in it, and then in penalties when we missed our first shot it was always going to be tough. When the opposition got every single one in it was over.

Brazilian Cup

1st Round 1st Leg

05.04 at Boca Junior (SE) 1:0

Nunes (88)

1st Round 2nd Leg

12.04 vs Boca Junior (SE) 1:0 (2:0)

Lima (34)

Not the easiest two legs, but the boys did enough in each game to get through to the next round and that is always most important in Cup games.

2nd Round 1st Leg

10.05 at Legaio 0:2

2nd Round 2nd Leg

17.05 vs Legaio 2:0 (2:2) => p6:5

Nunes (pen45+2), Lima (63)

Well we let the opposition take control of us in the first leg, it was a horrid game and Chocolate managed to score two, luckily his third was called back as offside or the game might have turned out differently. Nunes & Lima scored again to help us get to a penalty shootout (No extra time in the cup), and as the shots continued and kept going to got tougher, but eventually they missed and we didn't to see us through to the third round.

The third round sees us meet Paranavai another non-league team, so I have to be pretty happy with that, another reasonably easy draw should help us continue our cup run once more.

The Players

My Player of the State Champs: Alex Reinaldo (DR) - 12(1) Apps, 1G, 5A, AvgR: 7.42

Other Stars for Betim

Raphael Fontes (DC) - 13 Apps, 0G, 1A, AvgR: 7.44

Yago (ST) - 11 Apps, 7G, 1A, AvgR: 7.35

Best of the Loan Players Round-up

Fernandinho (ST) - 6 Apps, 5G, 0A, AvgR: 7.78

Felipe (ST) - 9 Apps, 5G, 1A, AvgR: 7.14

Aleluia (DL) - 10(9) Apps, 2G, 1A, AvgR: 7.10

Palhinha (MC) - 5 Apps, 0G, 2A, AvgR: 7.14

Secondary to that is the "Player needs a Rest" => I have three players currently who need a rest, but tell me "I'm not going over this again" seriously What am I supposed to do? I give them the game off the RST icon remains, so they just have that status all the time.

The schedule in the Brazilian 2nd Division is a serious killer, 38 games over 6 months, at the beginning it is a game every Saturday and every Tuesday, think for next season I might try to have two complete squads because this is making it really hard when 9 of my 11 starters had a "Needs a Rest" beside their name.

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Second Division

August 19th 2017

Second Division

Surprising early Form

Fixtures.png

We won our first game, but then lost three in a row. At that early stage I figured we would be battling pretty hard to stay in the hunt, or even continue next season in this division. As we then won 5 of the next 6 we made a sneaky move up to second in the league and comfortably in the playoff race. Following that run we had a mixed set of results the next 10 results giving a record of 3-3-4, this series of results puts us well clear of the relegation zone, well in the playoff hunt. It looks like we could actually battle our way into the top division, though it's probably too much of a move, would prefer to stay in this division for a while.

The Table

League.png

So one game past halfway and we're sitting in 6th place overall, 10pts clear of relegation and only 2pts off the Promotion Playoffs. Biggest worry I have is our defence, it seems to have slipped a fair bit so I am looking to strengthen it, though this might be partially caused by a large number of njuries to the left and right backs (At one point I had 6 on the books and 5 were injured leaving a DC on the left)

The Cup

3rd Round

05.07 at Paranavai 3:2

Yago (15,63,86)

12.07 vs Paranavai 2:0 (5:2)

Cacio (pen64), Lima (84)

Well the excellent hattrick from Yago really set us up here, having three away goals on the board gave us a very large advantage to work with. The final result was perfect and saw us get through to the next round where we have drawn First Division team Palmeiras, this will be a tough match, but we will do what we can.

The Players

My Player of the Half: Alex Reinaldo (DR) - 14(1) Apps, 2G, 2A, AvgR: 7.30

Other Stars for Betim

Raphael Fontes (DC) - 17 Apps, 0G, 0A, AvgR: 7.28

Milas (DL) - 6(1) Apps, 1G, 1A, AvgR: 7.20

So the best players are all defenders, but the issue is more the injuries, as you can see none of my top defenders have played in every game, Milas has only made 7 games.

Loan Player Stars

Fernandinho (ST) - 24 Apps, 13G, 1A, AvgR: 7.39

Carlao (DR) - 10 Apps, 2G, 2A, AvgR: 7.37

Henrique (AMLC) - 26(4) Apps, 4G, 7A, AvgR: 7.24

Player Stats

seniors.png

Loan Player Stats

Loan Players.png

Other News

I made it to 100 games with Betim, quite a milestone given that I had not lasted anywhere near this at my previous clubs.

We also saw Reinaldo score the goal of the month -

For the rest of the league season I am hoping to stay in the top half now, incredible to me that we are able to be so far up the table, I didn't really expect this much. Jose Augusto has come to me and said he will leave if not promoted by the end of next season for a new challenge. Hopefully I can get us up, though my contract expires at the end of the season and I am not sure whether I would stay longer.

With 8 games to go I thought I would look into the teams around us, currently we sit in 3rd with 49pts.

Gremio (1st 68) => Relegated from 1st Division 2016

Coritiba (2nd 54) => Relegated from 1st Division 2015 (6th 2016)

Ponte Preta (4th 49) => Relegated from 1st Division 2016

Figueirense (5th 47) => Relegated from 1st Division 2016

Goianiense (6th 44) => Relegated from 1st Division 2015 (10th 2016)

While I am fighting with the teams relegated in the last two years, the other newly promoted teams are sitting in 16th, 18th & 20th.

Betim SC - Brazil

logo.png

The Tigers

Second Division

End of Season Report

In Brief

Actual: 5th (Graph)

Brazilian Cup: 4th Round vs Palmeiras - 1st Leg - 2nd Leg[/url]

State Champs: 4th (Semifinal vs Cruzeiro)

Manager: Des Tiny

Finances: 975k (91st [^8] in Brazil)

Transfers: 2017

Squad: Seniors, Loanees, U20s

This Season

General News

Financially the move up has helped the club out, I went a bit crazy on spending my wages, so it does mean some guys are going to have to leave in the offseason. The team is looking solid though as I got more good youngsters, the transfers saw some good players come in and we managed to get rid of some deadwood as well. Hopefully next season I can consolidate our financial situation and look to build the team once again.

The League

We won our first game, but slipped for a little while early on as we dropped down the league to 18th after 4 games, then it was all looking up as we slowly built a good record for ourselves building up to third over the next 6 games. That run was a real sign of things to come as we were in or around the promotion spots for the rest of the season, a run near the end of the season of 2-6-3 put us down to 5th and 6pts away from promotion, that meant we needed to win both our remaining games and hope the other contender dropped both games. We managed to win both our games as the boys controlled the play throughout, but in the end the other team picked up a draw in one of their games to stay in it by a single point.

Fixtures

State Championship

This season we were better, but it did make it come down to the last game of the season, and we weren't good enough, we only managed a draw with America (MG) and both of us then fell below At. Mineiro as they stole 2nd on the final day. We made it to the Semis, and took Cruzeiro all the way to penalties after two legs, very happy with that result, and it is a true sign that we are catching up in the State Champs.

Semi Final

1st Leg - vs Cruzeiro 3:3

2nd Leg - at Cruzeiro 2:2p

Fixtures

Brazilian Cup

A pretty average season in the cup. We made it through the early rounds and then ran into a big first division team in the 4th round and that was the end of that.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Loan Player Stats

The Main Stars

Caio Secco (GK) - With an incredible 26 clean sheets in 56 games, I was very impressed with my keeper, though the team in general allowed more goals than I would've liked. We only conceded 54 goals with Secco in the net, looking forward to him staying with the club as our leading keeper for another season, hopefully with our defenders healthy he will get an even better record.

Alex Reinaldo (DR) - He had an awesome season at right back, he even pushed up and gained 12 assists on the season as well as being great on defence. He missed 11 games through the season, so hopefully with my aim to have two full line-ups in the next season we will be more solid.

Milas (DL) - He was the best of our FOUR options at left back, but with injuries he missed a few games seeing Caue, Hugo & Mailton all getting time on the field during the season.As all four had injuries it made it tough to get constant play in the team. Milas was good on defence, and managed to get up the other end a bit as well.

Danilo Teixiera (DC) - Another very strong part of our defence, he averaged well over 7 as a rating throughout the season, only scored two goals, which means a large part of it is what he was like stopping the ball going into our net.

Raphael Fontes (DC) - He managed an incredible 8 MoM awards through the season as he led the team brilliantly from the back. He was gutted to break his collarbone before our last game, but I think he would be right in the battle for Fans Player of the Year.

Juliano (DC/DM) - Started the season as a back-up covering both positions, but managed to get a good amount of game time as he ended the season as our starting DM, will battle with Cacio in the off-season for the starters role.

Cacio (DM) - He had sat on the bench behind Sorato for my first two seasons, but as Sorato had been a little poor I decided to give Cacio the chance, and he took it with both hands, and was just excellent in that role.

Pele (MC) - The youngster is a great physical specimen, just needs some technical training and he could then be a superstar. He scored 6 goals, and assisted on 9 more, an excellent return from a guy in his debut season.

Jose Augusto (MC) - Augusto actually got benched for a period of time in the middle of the season, but he came back with some good improvement after that and seems to be ready to team with Pele on the starting lineup.

Weder (MC) - He was also very good through the middle this season, will definitely be playing a part in our rotation next season.

Nunes (AMRC) - He made a huge 50 appearances for the club this season, started the season at AM, but when I moved to using wingers as I saw holes in other teams defences we had Nunes drop into the starting right wing role and he did pretty well there.

Lima (ST/AML) - The striker was able to play on the left, so he got moved over there as the other strikers were better scoring. Had some poor moments in his season, and while scoring 13 goals wasn't as involved in the play as I expected him to be.

Yago (ST) - He was our top goalscorer, but went for 11 hours in the middle of the season without scoring. Will need to improve in the new season.

The Others to watch

Santos (DR)

Alexandre (DR)

Aleluia (DL)

Toquinho (DC)

Lino (DC)

Fernandinho (MC)

Arraial (AMR)

Henrique (AML)

Mauricio (AM/MC)

Paquito (AMRC)

Palhinha (MC)

Batata (AM)

Guilherme (ST)

Felipe (ST)

Denis (ST)

Fernandinho (ST)

Plinio Marcos (ST)

My Career Club History

The 100 Club

Anyone with 100 games under my management

| The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
| Nunes                 |   103  |   4  |   20  |   20  |   -  |  -  |  6  |  7.13  |
| Danilo Galvao         |    92  |  14  |   35  |   10  |   -  |  -  |  4  |  6.95  |
| Caue                  |    95  |   9  |    6  |    4  |   -  |  -  |  5  |  7.21  |
| Jose Augusto          |    92  |   8  |   15  |   11  |   -  |  -  |  2  |  7.08  |

The Club Awards

| Season  | Division   | Club       |     Fans PotY        | Best XI | Overall XI |
|  2013   | Chile 1B   | Barnechea  | [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Des Tiny_ News Inbox-2.png"]Jorge Martinez Ramos[/url] |  [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Barnechea_ History Best Eleven.png"]2013[/url]   | [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Barnechea_ History Best Eleven.png"]2013-2014[/url]  |
|  2014   | Chile 1B   | Huachipato |    Roberto Ovelar    |  2014   | 2014-2014  |
|  2015   | Brazil 3rd | Betim      |         Caue         |  2015   | 2015-2015  |
|  2016   | Brazil 3rd | Betim      |    Raphael Fontes    |  2016   | 2015-2016  |
|  2017   | Brazil 2nd | Betim      |    ??????????????    |  2017   | 2015-2017  |

Club History

| Season  | Club       |  Nation  | Division | Position | Cups       | Continental |     Comments     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8666865&viewfull=1#post8666865"]2013[/url]   | Barnechea  |  Chile   |   1DB    |    [url="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104160569/Career/Barnechea/2013/End of Season/Chilean First Division B_ Overview Stages.png"]6th[/url]   | Runners-up |     NA      |       None       |
|  2014   | Barnechea  |  Chile   |   1DB    |    7th   |     NA     |     NA      | Left in April    |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8705542&viewfull=1#post8705542"]2014[/url]   | Huachipato |  Chile   |   1DB    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Hauchipato/2014/August/Chilean First Division B_ Overview Stages.png"]6th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      | Joined April     |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350968-Froward-to-Zenith-Cape-to-the-Point?p=8796222&viewfull=1#post8796222"]2015[/url]   | Betim      |  Brazil  |   3rd    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Betim/2015/November/Brazilian National Third Division_ Overview Stages.png"]5th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      |       None       |
|  2016   | Betim      |  Brazil  |   3rd    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Betim/2016/November/Brazilian National Third Division_ Overview Stages.png"]4th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      |     Promoted     |
|  2017   | Betim      |  Brazil  |   2nd    |    [url="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104160569/Career/Betim/2017/EoS/Brazilian%20National%20Second%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages.png"]5th[/url]   |     NA     |     NA      |       None       |

Previous Clubs

Barnechea

In 2014 after I left saw Barnechea relegated at the end of the season, and they have been unable to make it back into the playable divisions since that failure.

2017 - They have made the Semi-finals of the Chilean Cup, but still stuck in the lower leagues.

Huachipato

The former top level team took themselves straight back up the season after I left.

2015 - The club started well under new management and made it up, finished 4th and then gained promotion.

2016 - Back in the Top Division they have managed a mid table finish, coming 10th with an 11-12-11 record.

2017 - Moving up the ladder slightly as they finished 9th this season with a 13-8-13 record.

League Catch-up

This section will cover one major world League and get you up to date

English Premier League

2013 - Man City (Chelsea)

2014 - Man Utd (Man City)

2015 - Man Utd (Man City)

2016 - Man City (Chelsea)

2017 - Man City (Tottenham)

So Manchester is still dominating in England, none of the big teams have been relegated yet.

The Future

In Brief

Predicted:

My Aim:

Expectations:

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Wages at 02.01.18:

New Signings:

• 2 weeks later...

So it has become decision time again, currently 1/3rd of the way through the league for the season, in the promotion hunt.

Though the team is pretty much stretched to it's limit in the battle right now, and I am not sure that this season or one more here is really going to make much difference for me.

My contract ends at the end of the season and I am planning on leaving then anyway, but I now have an offer from a team in Peru, they are near the bottom of the top level, but they have better wage budget and transfer funds than my current job, and my wages will go up considerably as well. They really look like a team I might have a chance to build up a bit in my third country. So question is:

Do I go or do I stay now?

Right. So I have made the decision, I'm going to move to Peru.

So Des Tiny has packed his bags and travelled across Brazil and into Peru to the City of Cuzco, a journey of 4,500kms to takeover as the Manager of Cienciano. So Will clean-up with a Betim update and then give a rundown on Club #4 in the career of Des Tiny.

Froward to Zenith Club 4

ADFP Cienciano - Peru

logo.jpg

First Division

June 26th 2018

History of the Club

The club formed in 1901 as the team for the Faculty of Science (Ciencias) for the University of Cusco, the club first made it to the top level in 1972 spending a mere four years in the division before being relegated, it was twenty further years before they made the step back to the top division in 1992, the club has been close to relegation a couple of times, but has managed to hold onto it's First Division status. The club has never won the First Division, finishing as runners-up on three occasions (2001,05 & 06), but the club gained Worldwide attention in the 2003 Sudamericana where they made it to the final against River Plate, with a 3-3 draw in Argentina they had to play their 'home' leg at the stadium of their greatest rivals, a free kick gave them a goal and the 4-3 aggregate victory and a Continental Trophy. After winning the Copa Sudamericana, Cienciano went on to play against Boca Juniors of Argentina, another South American giant, for the 2004 Recopa Sudamericana, this being just one match, much like UEFA's European Super Cup, that faced the winner of both South American Cups of the previous season: the Copa Sudamericana and the Copa Libertadores. After a 1–1 draw, Cienciano went on to win the title by penalty shootout. The match was played in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

So a very nice history for the club, something I am looking to build on.

Location of the Club

The club is based in Cusco, in the South of Peru, near the border with Bolivia. The picture below shows my 45,000 seat stadium in the middle of the city of Cusco.

637px-Cuzco_aerial_photo.jpg

And here is a map showing it in relation to my previous clubs

Map.png

My Aims at the Club

My aim is 100% to avoid relegation, given the club is not judging my league performance, I will do the best that I can to get the club up the league, and improve the players we have.

Cienciano.png

Starting Rep: 5600 (^1600)

So have started to settle in at my new club, first thing I have noticed is that the club is a little weak at the back, but they appear good enough for now and I will try and upgrade my defensive line in the Transfer Window during September.

The stars of this squad are clearly those two upfront: Renato Soto & Maicol Balanta

For sure there is no need to make improvements there, and hopefully I can make the team perform better than the previous manager.

So I have started signing some players to bolster the quality of the squad, and several will be joining immediately, or on July 1st when their contracts expire, but I can't register them until september. Have to just hold on til then with them in the reserves.

• 3 weeks later...

Froward to Zenith Club 5

Colorado Rapids - USA

Logo.jpg

Major League Soccer

March 3rd 2019

History of the Club

The Colorado Rapids were one of ten founding teams in the MLS back in 1996, in that first season they finished dead last. The following season they had a much better season, and made it to the final of the MLS Cup where they lost to DC United. The club had several seasons of inconsistency and couldn't really achieve much at all, it took until 2010 for the club to finally taste a trophy as they won the 2010 MLS Cup. Since then the best they have done was Runners-up again in 2014, the club finished 5th in the Western Conference in 2018, and the prediction for the club now is to finish 13th. I am hoping to make the playoffs in my first season and then make the club improve from there.

Starting Rep: 5450 (v150)

So at this club we have actually dropped a small amount in reputation, but it has resulted in a move to one of the biggest leagues in the Americas and a chance to show my skills at a higher level.

The Signings

Sean Kekec (AML)

Eddie Williams (DC)

Aleluia (DL)

Pele (MC)

Before anyone asks, yes Aleluia & Pele are players I previously had at Betim, signed to fill a couple of glaring holes in the Colorado line-up, both will be in the starting line-up this season.

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out I am having a bad run, 15 games gone for Colorado, lost my GK to a long injury, my ST, MC & AML to the Gold Cup, a DC & back-up GK to U20s for Copa America, at the same time my AMR was injured. We lost 4/5 and I got sacked for dropping to the bottom of the league.

Out and about looking for a new club once again...

Archived