First transfer window no budget

Hello all,

I have started a new game with no budget in the first window, however, I am now in October 2012, teams are declaring interest in players but not making any offers. Also, I have still not been given my budget to spend, any ideas when teams get given their budgets?

Thanks

In my experience some teams who are wealthy enough get given a budget in the Jan transfer window and other clubs have to wait until the summer transfer window (for any real funds).

I've noticed alot of players being linked with other clubs but with no transfer budgets set only free transfers are happening.

Well I am Real Madrid with over 100m in the bank so clearly enough money to spend, just not been given any. I would thought the window with no budget would of been the summer, so surely in january everyone should have funds then? Arsenal and City have declared interest in just about every one of my players but when I offer them out they say they can't make an offer due to 'lack of finances' - City and Arsenal, lack of finances?

Did you disable the first window transfer budget?

Even if you allowed budgets in the first window, some teams won't have a budget because it's already been spent on all the new players at the club (this certainly applies to Liverpool if you are playing on the new database).

Yes I did. I disabled first window, i.e summer, as I say, I am Real Madrid whom I believe do have a budget on the new patch? Same with Arsenal and City I am almost certain they do have a budget? I offered Raul Albiol out and PSG, City, Arsenal, Napoli, Juventus and Valencia all gave the same 'not in a financial position to make an offer' response?

Do teams all get a budget in say the December or something?

No I know that, just surely coming up to the second window they must get given a budget? January window is only 8 weeks away, they all declare instrest is loads of players so they must get a budget at some point? Is there a set date when the budgets are given?

If you start a save with no first window transfer budget, it means just that; you get no transfer budget to use in the first summer transfer window. If your club has got sufficient money, you will get a transfer budget in January. The "no budget in first window" option is obviously there for those who want to start a new save with the same players (and staff) in every club, as it was in real life. That means that no clubs have got any money to use in the first window, not just yours. That's why you won't see any offers made if you transfer list any of your players in that first window. No clubs have any money to spend.

If i remember correctly, I got a transfer budget to spend at some time during December, the last time I started a save with that option on. You can start bidding then.

Of course, if the club you manage is short on cash, there's no certainty that you will get a transfer budget for the January window either. You will have to sell some players first then.

Cheers Thomit that answers my question. I understand no teams will have a budget, but it seems stupid them sending me enquiries/rabbiting on in the press about signing players when they clearly have no money whatsoever. As long as I get a budget in the January that's fine, I want Neymar :p. Cheers again

Cheers Thomit that answers my question. I understand no teams will have a budget, but it seems stupid them sending me enquiries/rabbiting on in the press about signing players when they clearly have no money whatsoever. As long as I get a budget in the January that's fine, I want Neymar :p. Cheers again

They are trying to "dislodge" your player(s) that they want, cause uncertainty and trying to entice the player in question to join them - in the January window perhaps, or even in next summer's window. This is transfer mind games. Enquiries, declaring of interest, talking about/praising players in press conferences etc. It's all just about trying to make a player (and his agent) to start thinking; "Hmm, maybe ....".

It could also simply be that one game mechanic is not "aware" of the status of another game mechanic, of course. IE the game's AI goes ahead with transfer mind games totally oblivious to the fact that there's no money available to be spent. This is a bug, in that case.

They are trying to "dislodge" your player(s) that they want, cause uncertainty and trying to entice the player in question to join them - in the January window perhaps, or even in next summer's window. This is transfer mind games. Enquiries, declaring of interest, talking about/praising players in press conferences etc. It's all just about trying to make a player (and his agent) to start thinking; "Hmm, maybe ....".

It could also simply be that one game mechanic is not "aware" of the status of another game mechanic, of course. IE the game's AI goes ahead with transfer mind games totally oblivious to the fact that there's no money available to be spent. This is a bug, in that case.

Makes sense. Thanks for your help with that one mate.

Archived