Reawakening the sleeping giants of World football

DBurns

So, after much deliberation I've finally decided to start a thread on here. I had a few ideas that I posted on the Discussion Forum but in the end I couldn't decide between two of the ideas so I have decided to combine them (at least to begin with anyway).

Game Setup

---------------------------------------------------
| Nation         |     Lowest League Loaded       |
| Argentina      |     Second Division            |
| Belgium        |     Second Division            |
| Brazil         |     Second Division            |
| England        |     nPower Championship        |
| France         |     Ligue 2                    |
| Germany        |     Second Division            |
| Holland        |     Jupiler League             |
| Italy          |     Serie B                    |
| Portugal       |     Second Division            |
| Russia         |     First Division             |
| Scotland       |     First Division             |
| Spain          |     Liga Adelante              |
| Ukraine        |     First League               |

Those 13 countries each with their top two leagues loaded along with a Large database gives me 62,000 players. I have also disabled the First Transfer Window budgets and ticked the Add Players to Playable Teams so there may well be first season regens at some clubs.

The two ideas I couldn't choose between were managing the club I support, Liverpool and going on a sort of journeyman save by moving to clubs that hadn't won their league in a while but as Liverpool haven't won the Premiership since 1989-90 season I decided to start with them (granted it's not the most difficult start to a career on here but it will get me sorted and within the few seasons it takes me to win the league and Champions League there will hopefully be a few interesting jobs). I will be starting with an automatic reputation on the English start date.

The rules of this save will be that I can only take over at a club that haven't won their top domestic league in 10 years or more and can only leave once I've done so and won the relevant continental competition with them or if I'm sacked (hopefully not). Same rules apply should any international jobs come up, I won't accpet if they've won either the World Cup or their continental competition.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to manage some clubs I have never managed before or even some nations I've never managed in before. I also plan on managing in at least one of the South American nations I've loaded up. As well as this there is bound to be some big clubs across Europe that will go a long time without winning the league.

lfc_zps2fd666ae.png

cd08eacf-61a5-4d52-b60f-9c48874c14d5_zps0a1541e6.jpg

So my first job in management is with Liverpool and I'm already under pressure due to being 'too inexperienced' for the job. Hopefully I can prove the media wrong by winning the league title. This will take at least two years due to Liverpool unfortunately not being in this season Champions League. I will be targeting immediate with every club and so finances won't be a huge issue for me and if it means putting the club into debt long term to guarantee my own personal success I'll do it ala Mourinho, but however I'm not totally against staying with a club for a few seasons should nothing interesting crop up.

a8955285-7852-4823-8e5b-b020f6f05195_zpscd61db54.jpg

i know that anyone following will be aware of Liverpool's failure to win the Premiership as past 20+ years but I'll be doing this for every club just to show they haven't won the league in 10 years so may as well start now.

Good luck with this, should be interesting. Liverpool should be one of the more simple teams you have to complete.

Yea, as I said I realise its not exactly the most challenging starts but hopefully I won't be here any longer than 3 seasons before moving on to something a bit more of a challenge.

Best of luck at Liverpool,hopefully you can surpass Utd's total in your short time there.

Thanks for the support :thup:

Yea, that would be nice. It would mean winning the league every season I'm there so we'll see how the first season goes.

Always good news to receive even though I don't intend being round long enough to reap the full benefits of it:

5ed19fa0-82f2-45b1-a9af-62089c38a0a1_zps3224ab7a.jpg

-----

Apologies for no updates, it takes me an age getting through pre-season but once I've that out of the way updates should be more frequent.

Archived