4-2-3-1 Dortmund - posession, winning, highly aesthetic [patch 13.1.3]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started using this tactic after a break from the game & since have found it hard to put back down lol! I took over a struggling Everton team in the Championship & for the first season I found that we'd dominate every game but couldn't kill games off which led to a lot of dropped points in games we should have won. It got so bad that my job status was very insecure at one point. The football we were playing was great however so I stuck with it & eventually missed out on play off promotion via penalties. Now in my first full season it's clicked & we're finally putting games to bed.

Results:

Everton.jpg

Table:

Table.jpg

Since using this tactic I can't remember the last time we didn't boss a game statistically, the only blips being the West Ham result which half of my players were very tired for & the Manchester games where we put in a very good account of ourselves.

I leave everything as it is, only switching strategy to counter when 2 goals up or late on when seeing out a game.

In short, stick with it & it should hopefully come good..

Thanks Papamogl!

@busen39 wow I'm very sorry there! I don't know what went wrong though, as nobody else seems to have that problem. If you want I can send you the tactic per mail (just pm me) or upload it to another hoster.

@EuanMarneyW nice run. Thanks for the feedback

Couple of questions - is this tactic working okay on 13.2.1? And I saw on one of your screenshots that you have Playmaker selected and you've got Gotze (your AMC) selected in the dropdown menu, does that mean we also have to select our AMC in the dropdown menu or could we leave that blank?

Well just played first match using this - Portuguese second division with Santa Clara away against Arouca - won 2-1. This is a great result as I've used a few tactics since the new patches came out over the last few days and this is the first time I've won that match. Think I'll stick with this for a bit and see if it beds in okay.

Cheers bud.

Hi Papa - well, tried the tactic for a good 12 games but it was just too inconsistent for me - to be fair I am in the Portuguese second division so it might not be great for teams with weaker players. Over the 12 games I won about 5/6 of them and lost about 3/4. I'd stay with it a bit longer but my job might be up for the sack if that form continues. Might come back to it when I've improved the squad a bit.

Sure, thanks for trying and for reporting back. I never tested it in lower league so it might be too demanding for a weaker squad. It's quite a high tempo after all. But it might also be true that especially with a weaker squad it's the more important that the players have enough time to get used to the tactic. So maybe it might have become more consistent with increased familiarity. Be it as it may, thanks again for trying

Funny, played only two games yesterday, and Lewandowski scored thrice. So he does definitely score enough, eventhough this might not be the best tactic to have one prolific striker scoring ridiculous amounts. It's more about teamwork, with wingers and midfielders (and even wingbacks) scoring regularly too

Played 22 games with Spurs, won 18, lost 3 and drawn 1. Main weaknesses are definitely conceding from set pieces, and vulnerability from your fBs/WBs being very attacking. Conceding a lot of goals with moves that are started wide - quite often someone arrives at the back post completely unmarked, to

score from a cross that has come from the other wing. In my last game against Arsenal, i closed down their wide midfielders 'always' and put man marking on them, and this seemed to do the trick. Might have been a one off, but Arsenal didn't have a look in, the entire game. Will test further. I was playing with Alaba at attacking wingback on the left, with Bale as IF in front of him, but due to an Alaba injury, I've come to realise that Bale is damn near unplayable, running from deep as the attacking wingback. I've been playing Isco ahead of him now as an IF, with Draxler also getting some first team time to push him on a bit.

Thanks for the insight. I was mostly conceding from set pieces too. It helps a lot to set match training to defending set pieces.

With your wide defenders being very attacking it's natural that the odd gap opens for counter attacks. I'll be looking into this for a v2 should there be enough interest for it. Maybe I could balance it a bit more, though I like my wingbacks attacking :)

On the attack this tactic is unbelievable although I only ever score 1 or 2 goals a game despite having 30+ shots in the game. But I also seem to concede to absolutely every team no matter who it is I'm playing. Also when playing away from home I never ever win, I'm playing as Arsenal too so my defence as a whole is great. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the screens. It's true, while the stats all look great the results could be better. I can't tell where the problem lies from these though. Are a lot of the shots from long range? Or blocked? Also are you playing Giroud as your striker? Can you possibly upload the match files so I can watch them in full to get a better idea what is going on?

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you mean. What's this about control and standard? I regularly switch between those (and attacking, overload, and counter) depending on the opponent and on the circumstances during the match

i mean The starting mentality is set to "standard" by default.Strong team no matter about any team

You have to change that from game to game, depending on how strong your opponent is and whether you play at home or away. When you are managing a strong team you can set control as default instruction, but still you should change it for certain games (against title contendery, on away games and so on)

You have to change that from game to game, depending on how strong your opponent is and whether you play at home or away. When you are managing a strong team you can set control as default instruction, but still you should change it for certain games (against title contendery, on away games and so on)

You are absolutely right.thank you for your advice

Archived