On the verge of deleting FM13, cannot get classic to work!

Now I know how to play FM, I've played it since the first CM was released and every version since, but the new version is beyond a joke. I started playing classic mode as the full version was too time consuming, yet I have hit bad form with Liverpool just after December. However a run of 8 defeats is beyond a joke, and also, unrealistic! I've changed nothing player wise, but morale has vanished and the team concedes easily. I've tried different tactics, but nothing works.

Is there a way to improve morale? I cannot give team talks or hold meetings so this part of the "classic" game is severely flawed... :(

• Administrators

You just need to get a result (even draws will pick things up), I've found that when I am on a bad run I need to be more conservative tactically, and I can turn it around. Media questions about team performance and disciplining for poor performance can sometimes help.

Tried that, I tried basic 442 tactics, 4-5-1 tactics... nothing made a difference. The only thing which helped slightly was clicking the predict result button, which I don't like doing and that got me one win, but straight after it was back to loosing.

As a streamlined version of the game, perhaps not being able to get sacked in your first season is a good idea? I know you can pay to be "un-sackable" but thats not the point and makes the game almost like those annoying iphone games that make you pay to advance and I feel that its easy to get sacked (as others have found) probably so that you pay to become "unsackable".

Tried that, I tried basic 442 tactics, 4-5-1 tactics... nothing made a difference. The only thing which helped slightly was clicking the predict result button, which I don't like doing and that got me one win, but straight after it was back to loosing.

If you're getting better results doing an 'instant result' than when you're managing yourself, then it would appear it's your in-game management that needs looking at.

• Administrators
If you're getting better results doing an 'instant result' than when you're managing yourself, then it would appear it's your in-game management that needs looking at.

Afraid to say it but this is true I'm afraid.

New contracts for key players can help raise morale, as does winning games. I never differ from style of management and I have played both versions and have a career running on both of them. On FMC I am in 2020 at the moment, Just got Relegated for first time in my career but the board are still happy with me. Must be something to do with my status at the club that has kept me in my job, although i am slightly insecure at the moment without a win in 4 and expected straight return to the premiership. I have recently implemented new tactics into team, and am waiting for them to kick into gear properly (they have done great for my cardiff city team on promotion to prem with 9 wins 1 defeat in 10 games) I know it must seem that the game wants you to "buy" that option but honestly it dont. I would try a new tactic or two for a while (even save yr game before you try them incase they dont work for you.

Good luck whatever you choose :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having the same issue TBH, was on a barnstorming run top of the championship destroying people in the cups then got Liverpool in the cup who beat me 4-0 followed by a 0-5 loss to Derby Morale went from superb to poor and cannot turn the ship around annoying the heck out of me.

Must admit early days I was kind of struggling also, but it's got much better recently. Now I don't know if it's been anything to do with updates or the fact that I now make sure we are fluent in 3 good tactics, this seems to have made a difference for me

Archived