To The Tactically Illiterate(Like Me).......

The Holy Grail

Part One

1. Choose an in game tactic/formation(one that best suits the team you are playing as)

2. Switch "strategy" to "Control"

3. Change GK distribution to "Defender Collect and choose your best defender to receive ball

4. Change every players "long shots" to "rare"

5. You now have a working tactic

Part Two

1. Set training to "Team Cohesion until the bar is full, then do what you want or leave it alone until the start of the next season where it should be set back to "Team Cohesion" and repeat

2. You now have your training set up

Part Three

1. Ask Ass Man to set suitable "Opposition Instructions Tip - Take off the Hard Tackling instructions to save yourself a lot of red cards

2. Don't bother with a "Pre Match Team Talk"

3. Play the first half

4. Use "Team Talk" if your Ass Man thinks you should tell the team they have played well, OR, if you have played particularly poorly, if neither leave it

5. If you want to hold on to a narrow lead(around 75 mins) Change strategy to "Contain" and use the following shouts, Retain Possession, Pass To Feet, Take A Breather, Play Narrower, Drop Deeper and Play Even Safer

6. If you are desperate for an equalising or winning goal(around 75 mins) Change strategy to "Overload" and use the following shouts, Pump Ball Into Box, Get Ball Forward, Play Wider, Push Higher Up and take more risks

7. You are now ready to play FM13

Do you change the roles and duties of players to suit your team?

I quite like this short and simple guide actually, it reminds players like me, who don't know how to make tactics and often try to complicate things, to keep things as simple as possible.

Cheers, maybe if you go into slightly more detail in some areas this could be a really handy guide for players that just want to keep it basic.

good work

This is pretty much exactly how I start out, then after some observing I tweak and adjust individual tactics to better suit my players :).

I'm curious about this though:

Part Two

1. Set training to "Team Cohesion until the bar is full

Which bar do you mean? Are you referring to the bar that displays your teams familiarity with your tactics?

Thanks!

This is pretty much exactly how I start out, then after some observing I tweak and adjust individual tactics to better suit my players :).

I'm curious about this though:

Which bar do you mean? Are you referring to the bar that displays your teams familiarity with your tactics?

Thanks!

Yes the bar in the tactics.

Maybe it's just me but my pre-match team talk is pretty much always the same regardless, I always say there's alot more to come from them even if I'm unbeaten in 40 games lol and it always seems to do the trick, then do it individually.

Well if this works, I don't know yet 'coz I'm just about to try it, it just shows what a pointless load of twaddle a lot of the game features are.

I hope it does work because I totally hate this new training rubbish and up to now I haven't found a way of seeing how or when or even if anything I change there is working. The training thing is now like some cheap, nasty version of the old 'Fifa Manager' games and if it can be by-passed in this way it may as well be done.

Not over impressed with this game at all so far!

Well if this works, I don't know yet 'coz I'm just about to try it, it just shows what a pointless load of twaddle a lot of the game features are.

I hope it does work because I totally hate this new training rubbish and up to now I haven't found a way of seeing how or when or even if anything I change there is working. The training thing is now like some cheap, nasty version of the old 'Fifa Manager' games and if it can be by-passed in this way it may as well be done.

Not over impressed with this game at all so far!

It DOES work, but its not a miracle tactic, but you should easily be able to overachieve with smaller clubs and challenge for honours with bigger clubs.

I'm currently testing a new set-up and will post in the other Forum soon.

It stop working with the new patch... I'm talking about the Tactics... Control doesn't work anymore

It doesn't make sense that one single strategy approach wont work, its probably the combination of your strategy and philosphy and overall player and team instructions.

What you just said is like saying..."attack doesn't work on fm"...yeah...it makes no sense!

Im keen to try this basic tactic approach now that the new update has come out and there are no tactics out as of yet, ill post back if im successful in building something of my own.

Wish me luck :)

Archived