[FM 13] The Shaymen Cometh

BoundedCascade

So first off I want to point out I never originally intended to make this into a career game but found myself entranced and you will soon see why. So for the first post there wont be many pictures since I never planned on making this thread, thus not capturing many screens. For the season after this next one I will post more info on the team.

fc-halifax-town55-155153.jpg

FC Halifax

Founded: 2008

Nickname: The Shaymen

2012/2013:

I started out expecting only to make the playoffs with the squad that I had but my friendlies were amazing and I began to have hope for my team. We were free flowing and had some great goalscorers in the side for this level and they certainly proved that as the season went on. As the momentum continued into the start of the season I was amazed, we just kept on winning and dropping points on very rare occasions. It was incredible.

1wugk.png

We were an utter behemoth in the league and were rolling through the FA Cup until we hit Bradford, whom we pushed to the very edge. I was extremely proud of that game despite the loss. I simply wanted to keep the game close but for a while we were leading it until we conceded two late goals sending Bradford through.

However at this point we were still undefeated in the league and laughing our way to the top of the table.

9cEFY.png

I couldn't believe my eyes we were on our way to an undefeated season, we were running through everyone even teams in the BSP that we had no business beating, but our morale and momentum carried us through to the FA Trophy final where Forest Green pushed us to penalties. I could not watch the screen as I head each goal go in then once it drowned out and there was no more sound I dreaded what I was about to look at but there it was WE HAD WON!. My first trophy as manager of FC Halifax (although the league was already guaranteed so technically 2nd). It was amazing.

There were three games left in the league, could we really go undefeated in our first year?

FZPsA.png

It was amazing, in the last three games we came back from a goal down every time to tie it up and maintain the perfect record. This is what made me decide that I had to post this and make this game into a career.

The Final Table

6Qom9.png

I change my tactics up depending on the opposition. Since I am in the lower league they are always a direct passing game but I tend to have my team press more and are aggressive in the tackle. I have the tempo at a fairly quick pace and have good width too. I looked for basically the fastest players with a decent crossing attribute that would sign for me and I have found that they help a lot in getting my strikers on the ball. Typically just a standard 4-4-2 when at home and a 4-5-1 when away that is primarily a counter attacking tactic.

Halifax Town - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2013/14

Xte1j.pngLeague Table

We had another great start to the year and we rolled through some competition that I thought would have been very tough. However this year, as you can see, it was much tougher for my team. Gone was the perfect record and in came a lot of defeats (relatively speaking). It was a hard fought run for the championship we only secured it with a few games remaining this year. At points it looked like we would never reach the top but my players pushed through and got the job done.

Our FA Cup run went into the third round this year where we lost to Swindon 3 -1 away from home.

f1IXs.jpgFA Trophy Champions!

Once again we were able to capture the FA Trophy but I found it much harder this time around than last year. The competition seemed to know what we were doing and had to play quite a few repeats.

Key Player Profiles:

Lee Gregory Leading Goalscorer

Yannis Drais

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Blue Square Bet North    1st         Champions
2013/14   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions

Next Season

Next year is going to be tough. Our finances are low and one of my best players refuses to sign a contract that I can actually afford so I am losing him on a free. So hopefully I can bring in some talent for some decent wages and accomplish mid-table or another little miracle.

Year 2013/2014

England

English Premier League

Capital One Cup

FA Cup

France

Ligue 1

Coupe de France

Coupe de la Ligue

Germany

Fußball-Bundesliga

DFB-Pokal

Italy

Serie A

Coppa Italia

Spain

La Liga

Barcelona only needed a win at home on the final day against Sporting Gijon and drew 2-2 to lose the league.

Copa del Rey

Europe

Europa League Final

Champions League Final

Halifax Town - NPower League 2 - 2014/15

4xizO.png

This was an amazing year again. I thought for sure that we would have struggled against most of the sides in the division but with the signings that I brought in during the summer we really pushed on and challenged the best teams in the division. The only thing that I wish was different about this year was that we stayed in the division, could have really used more time to build the squad up to a League 1 team rather than have to try and cope with League 1 next year.

Our FA Cup run went into the fourth round this year where we met Arsenal which raked in 140k in TV rights and gave us our best home gate so far.

Capital One Cup we went out of at the first hurdle, lets not speak of this ever again. (the game was that bad)

6rUhR.png

We had a brilliant JPT run and the final was amazing. I went into it thinking we may get trounced but my team held possession throughout the majority of the match and scored in the 60th minute and never really looked in danger of conceding at any

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Blue Square Bet North    1st         Champions, FA Trophy Champions
2013/14   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions, FA Trophy Champions
2014/15   NPower League 1          2nd         Promotion, JPT Champions

Next Season

SURVIVE! Well actually that is what I have tried every time and gotten promoted, so maybe if I try to get promoted I will just survive? We will see.

Archived