The Sammarinese Challenge

TWFL

Season 2013/14

CLUB - Serie C1 Group A - 4th

A decent season in the league. Strong end of season form propelled us into the play-offs. We beat Lecce in the Semi's with a 3-1 away victory turning around a 2-1 home deficit. After another home loss in the final we took a 3-0 lead away from home. It was not to be however and we conceded 2 second half goals and another in extra time to leave us in the third tier for another season.

League Table -

The Team

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 27 yrs) - Doesn't look quite good enough at club level but always plays well. Averaged 7.09 last season.

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 27 yrs) - International right back. Brought in on a free transfer from Rimini. Not amazing but I had a sentimental attachment...

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 17 yrs) - Developing well. Will be the best San Marino international in a few years.

CB Tiziano Berti (San Marino, 16 yrs) - Also coming on well. Wouldn't play but for his nationality, has decent potential.

LB Cristiano Biraghi (Italy, 21 yrs) - Close season free transfer from Inter. Quality left back.

RW Fausto Rossi (Italy, 23 yrs) - Free transfer from Juventus, will convert to the right wing.

CM Attila Filkor (Hungary, 25 yrs) - Had a decent season last year on the right wing. Will play centrally this season.

CM Giovanni Scampini (Italy,22 yrs) - Averaged 7.24 last season following a free transfer from Pavia.

LW Mohammed Gulraiz (France, 24 yrs) - Going into his third season at the club.

ST Wilfred Osuji (Nigeria, 23 yrs) - Right winger converted to a striker. Scored 13 goals but I expect more this season.

ST Daniel Bessa (Brazil, 21 yrs) - Brazilian midfielder will be converted to play upfront following his arrival from Inter.

INTERNATIONAL - World Cup Qualifying Group 8 - 6th

I have a number of young players bedding in nicely. The two centrebacks play for my club side and are developing well. The left-back will also get a number of games for the club. All are 17 or younger. I have just brought the right back Palazzi to the club who is the best international player for San Marino currently. We are light in midfield currently.

A World Cup qualifying point against Montenegro was a highlight this year in September. Since then though six defeats including a 4-1 home defeat to Andorra(!) have been disappointing although only Andorra was heavy.

2013 Fixtures

2014 Fixtures

World Cup 2014 Qualification Group

Euro 2016 Qualification Group

World Ranking - 196 - We peaked at 176 at the tail end of 2013 but six defeats on the trot have knocked this somewhat.

The Team

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 27 yrs, 45 Caps) - Undisputed no.1 at international level.

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 27 yrs, 20 Caps) - Best player in the team for quality will now play for San Marino's club team.

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 17 yrs, 13 Caps) -17 Year old centreback partners Berti at the back for club and country.

CB Tiziano Berti (San Marino, 16 yrs, 10 Caps) -

LB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 17 yrs, 0 Caps) -

DM Fabio Bollini (La Florita, 30 yrs, 18 Caps) -

RW Matteo Vitaioli (Fiorentino, 24 yrs, 35 Caps/2 Goals) - Switches to a striker if we play as a 4-4-2.

CM Roberto Casali (San Marino, 18 yrs, 14 Caps) - u20 player for the club but first choice midfielder. Will get more playing time in the league next season.

CM Pier Filipo Mazza (Sant'Ermete Sanvitese, 25 yrs, 21 Caps/1 Goal)

LW Alex Gasperoni (La Florita, 30 yrs, 32 Caps/2 Goals)

ST Mattia Stefanelli (Crotone, 21 yrs, 13 Caps) - Target man is a reserve for Serie B side Crotone, out of contract next summer so will aim to sign him.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have managed to sign some quality players for Serie C. it really looks like you have a team to push for promotion. You also look to be getting some good young players early on too, so your rise internationally should be fairly swift. I can see you breaking the 150 with the right friendlies setup and a few draws in qualifying matches.

Unlucky in the league, though I think it is merely bump in the road. That team should get you through next season.

World Cup Qualifiers Game 7

San Marino v France

We had a tough top of the table match which would likely determine the automatic qualifier of Group 5. France were heavy favourites for this game and came out showing it as they dominated the match early on. In typical Sammarinese style though, we held in there and forced them to take a lot of long shots. The half plateaued out as France struggled to break us down. We were happy to go in with 0-0 scoreline, but it clearly got to the French, who were looking to seal first place in the group.

They came out much more aggressively in the second half, which put us on the back foot, but also gave us an opportunity as we used our pace upfront to counter attack the French who let slip as their defenders came up on one wide attack. We beat them down the middle and Benvenuti, back from injury, pounced on the through ball to slot home the goal to put us 1-0 against the run of play. The home fans roared to life and helped keep the team going forward as the French seemed to sprout another 2 players as they rained down on us. They tallied over 20 shots by the the time the final 10 minutes came around, and tired legs started to show as the French finally struck the back of our net.

To our relief though, the ref blew the whistle and called the play back, which kept our slim lead as 3 sets of fresh legs came on in the form of experienced winger Bucci, and defender Zanotti, while up and comer Albani slotted in to the middle of the park to try and keep things fresh for the final few minutes as we tried to dictate some of the tempo. As stoppage time approached, France even sent their keeper up for what was to be the final play of the game, however Zanotti had other plans and jumped on the cleared ball to shoot a long range goal with the final kick to seal the deal and round out an unlikely 2-0 win over the French!

This puts us two points clear at the top of the group with just 3 games to go as we look to qualify for another World Cup.

p9ew.jpg

A 3-1 loss to Sweden was not expected and has put us back in a precarious position. Luckily France failed to overcome Hungary and their draw keeps us 1 point above them with 2 games left. Below are the following fixtures:

San Marino v Hungary

San Marino v Malta

France v Malta

Norway v France

We have 2 home games remaining against sides we should be able score victories against with Hungary being the toughest of the lot, while France have an away match against Norway which may prove the biggest challenge of the 4 matches.

Hi guys. Apologies for going slightly off-topic but I haven't had a response in GD.

I'm doing this challenge but am unable to post pics. I used to know how to do it using my old pc and laptop, (using paint and then photobucket), but with my new laptop, (using Windows 8), I simply haven't a clue. I don't seem to have paint, (or a similar programme), so I have no idea how to take pics that I will then upload to photobucket. Any chance that someone can help me out and post a basic walkhrough for posting pics using Windows 8.

Pretty please.

:o

I have managed to catch up my games and then some and with one Qualifier left, we sit atop the pile in a tightrope finish. Our 2-0 win over Hungary may be what push us over the edge, however a draw in the final game will not be enough as France V San Marino yields a 6-5 aggregate to the French over both matches. We will need a win, as do the French.

fjyg.jpg

Our Key players at the moment are:

Aldo Angelini

Nicola Mularoni

Daniele Ugolini

Alex Benvenuti

Francesco Mularoni

It is obvious to see that our strengths are up front and in the middle of the park. We have two leading Serie A strikers who are fed well by a pacey central midfield and a fantastically experienced holding midfielder in Mularoni who still plays well at club level in the Serie A (currently averaging over 7.94 in 9 appearances this season). We also have experience in goals with Angelini, however we concede a lot of goals due to our flimsy defence.

Marco Bollini and Matteo Macina narrowly missed out on the list, as I only wanted to display our top 5 and they are also players which I would like improvement in those areas. I am hopping that we can get some good youth in soon as we are slowly ageing.

Our final game against Malta is up next and I will play this and provide an update before I switch off for the night.

Not the best performance. Not by a long shot, and at one stage I was sweating on the result as Malta levelled and really pushed us at points. In the end though, we did it fairly comfortably despite the 2-1 scoreline. We had a goal disallowed and were behind on possession but Malta where constantly back footing and never really threatened much at all in the second half. World Cup, here we come again! Third time straight!

oupl.jpg

Transfers

Aitor Lopez (Free) was brought in at the age of 35 from Real Madrid for, despite his age, he was still a very capable striker. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for in his mental stability and he was an absolute must for his experience at both club and international level. He had amounted over 110 caps for spain and is still plying his trade, hopefully until the 2042 World cup, which is what sparked his need to move on from Real Madrid, where he was no longer a starting player, though he managed 360 league appearances in his time at the club to become an icon with their fans. With just under 285 league goals, Lopez would be an instant impact player and would fill the void of experience left by the retired Marlon bovu at the end of last season.

Leonel Bogao (£5m) played on loan with us last season from River Plate and though only making 6 appearances, looked very capable of forming cover for Mamone. Though Mamone is still young and the preferred left back, Bogao can fight for a place if his rapid improvement continues.

Out

David Rodriguez (£1.2m) was let go as he was seen as surplus, being sold to Feyenoord, making only 40 appearances over his 3 seasons at the club. Though he was very capable on the ball, he lacked strength and speed, and his rapid decline was evident in his 11 games last season. Also, at 33 he was also moving on and with the likes of Ivo, Fowler, Bishop, Zumbi and Strain all being younger and preferred midfielders, it left him way down at the 7th choice, sitting behind Guevara who was still performing when given a chance.

Season so far

We had a good off season winning all our friendlies including wins over Leverkusen and Barcelona in our toughest fixtures.

Modena then took a thumping 4-0 to us in the Super Italian Cup, which was an indication of the form to come.

We went 3 straight in the league with convincing wins over Inter (3-0) and Cesena (4-1). Here is where he save crashed previously and unfortunately in the reloaded version, though we held on against Stuttgart, we took a 1-0 loss to Pro Vercelli (whom we beat easily before the crash). We recovered from the loss to beat Palermo and Parma before going 2 from 2 in the CL with a huge 4-0 win over Panathinaikos. Varese were the biggest scare since our 3 dropped points but we held on to a 2-1 win thanks to a Zumbi Penalty. Genoa copped a full force side as we steam rolled them 4-0 before PSG provided a bit of a speed bump, with only a controversial penalty coming to our aid in a tight 1-0 win. Roma, also aiming for a CL place this season took a 3-1 loss against us, which was probably our toughest league match of the season.

jqrl.jpg

Ok, so I have been playing for a few seasons now and after leon kindly showed me how to find paint, I might as well give you a proper update. The pics are all dated March 2017, (sorry), so may be a little out of date in terms of what players looked like at the time, but it should help you get the gist.

Just so you know by the way.....

(SMR) indicates that the player is eligible to play for San Marino. (really just used to I can prioritise SMR players over Italian/other players.

* indicates that the player has some sort of potential that warrants development.

(year) indicates that this was the best young player to come through the youth programme/adacemy that season.

(abbreviation) indicates Nationality of player, (ITA) unless mentioned.

Club update.

2012/13. First season was all about avoiding relegation, (which we did via the playouts after finishing 13th). I never even knew there was such a thing as "playouts", and if I'm honest, I think I quite like them. The season was pretty forgettable as a whole and the only thing of note being that we had Stefanelli in on loan. I tried to sign a mixture of freebie Sanmarinese players and the best free non-Italians that i could find. I guess in a league full of Italians I was just looking for players that could stand out and who I could get a "feel" for.

Best signing. Coda. he might be a bit slow, (and Italian), but he has been my most astute signing to date. Scores double-figure goals every season in a pretty poor team, rarely gets injured and is never unavailable due to International commitments. (This is actually a bigger issue than it sounds as all my fringe Sanmarinese players are regularly jetting off to get hammered by someone or other and most of my youth team flesh out the bulk of the U21's and U19's squad at NT level.

Best youth product. Rossi * (2013). Yeah he isn't great even now, (4 years on), but he is reasonable enough for a back-up player at club level and is good enough to start with Stefanelli in the NT, (and even has 2 NT goals to show for his carpness.

----------

2013/14. We didn't even need the playouts to avoid relegation this season, (finished 12th), but that's really all the improvement there was. We didn't have Stefanelli this season as he refused to return for some reason, (and instead languished in Crotone Reserves).

Best signing. All the proper signings I made were pretty guff I'm honest. Rodriquez (ESP) has come on loan from Pavia every season since I started. he was brought to my attention by my Ass Man and I have just kept getting him in each season rather than looking for someone else. His history shows that he has not exactly been a regular, (neither has he been prolific, although he has hit double figure goals twice). He often features from the bench and always plays when all by home-based players are away on International duty. (That sounds so impressive but REALLY isn't).

Best youth product. Marin * (2014) was just what I needed. He played in the position I would have picked if I could choose and was perfect in every way, (seems to have decent potential), with the exception that he is Italian and not Sanmarinese. :-( This was the player that I was initially thinking about when I made the enquiry about gaining SMR as a 2nd nationality. Oh well. I guess I will just have to accept that he will have an impact on the club side but not the NT side. Can't really moan when you are gifted such a gem as him.

----------

2014/15. We had some significant improvement and a late run of good form saw us finish 1 position outside the playoffs, (yes that's the playoffs not the playouts). We weren't anywhere near good enough for the next level though and as soon as we reached a double header International, the squad was absolutely decimated as most of the club squad were in one of the NT squads and we really struggled as a result. There seems to be no such things as Serie C1/A games being called off due to players being away on International duty. Never mind, can't be helped.

Best signing. I have to mention both Crivello & Villanova who had both been on co-ownership when I arrived. Not having dealt with this before, (at least not for years), I didn't really know what to do and after delaying the decision for 1 year, I eventually won both signatures for the nominal fee fo £1,000 each. I was pretty impressed with myself at the time because both players were featuring regularly and were actually worth a few quid. The real star of the show though, (and my best signing to date), was Ludovic (FRA). he really is a cut above the rest of the squad and I was astonished that he agreed to sign, he has already gone out on the lash and missed a league game, demanded to move, (twice), and spanked in a few direct free-kicks, (we hadn't done that until he arrived). He's hard work, (but well worth it).

Best youth product. Fornicari (2015) is a GK, (good), but his potential doesn't seem to be great and in any case he is Italian, (meh!) We will just have to see how he develops, (but I am not overly hopeful). I am desperate for a young SMR GK to come through because Aldo is the only even average SMR keeper and we really need some depth.

----------

2015/16. We again finished 6th, but this time it was more deserved and we were more consistant. We were finally starting to look like a proper tean when everyone was available, and the only thing still causing me angst was our inability to defend against set-pieces and at the same time be unable to score from them ourselves, (especially corners). We were playing teams off the pitch but then conceding a rubbish goal. During this season my contract was renewed and as things were going well I decided to add in an emphasis on introducing home-produced players. While that might be my intention, the emphasis seems to be on "new" home produced players and it didn't seem to matter that half the team were products of our youth academy. They wanted more. The problem was that what was left just wasn't good enough. I'm mindful that this challenge is a marathon and not a sprint so I decided to rotate things a little, blood a few more youngsters and although our form was hit a little, the board were now happy again so can't complain.

Best signing. Well I was really expecting it to be Conti who I signed on a free from Atalanta, (but he has been really guff, and Italian anyway), so it is a choice between Ferreira (POR) and Deplacie (BEL). Ferreira (POR) has gone on to become a key defender for us and Deplacie (BEL) was the 1st player I managed to sell for actual cash and the £160,000 that Salernitana paid for him, (how can they afford that at this level?), was a club record for us.

Best youth product. Marcello * (2016) has some real quality, (and is Sanmarinese to boot). Already good enough to stroll into both the club squad, and the NT starting line-up, he looks to have significantly more potential than anything produced so far. The coach report says he will play in Serie A. If he does, I hope it will be for us because he also supports the club so with any luck I will be able to hang on to him with reasonable progression. Lots of clubs have already come in with co-ownership bids for him and although I need the money, there is no way I am letting him go, (I really don't understand co-ownership). Chievo, Como & Cremonese are still sniffing about, (but hopefully a recently added £5M valuation will put them off).

----------

Summary so far.

Well I suppose I have done ok. Yeah I could have made the playoffs last season but I just wanted to ensure that the board are kept happy. We are obviously struggling financially and only surviving by virtue of them pumping regular cash into the club. (Last season it was about £1.6M off the top of my head). If we are delayed a season to keep them happy then so be it. I was expecting them to want to start flogging players well before now. They want it done, but they are not forcing the sissue. The aim for 2016/17 is to finish in the playoffs with a view to promoting in 2017/18.

ps. leon. My pics are coming up small. What am I doing differently to you?

NT Update.

I'm not going to bother with too much info for the NT update. Let's be honest, I could just say, "conceded shed-loads and scored a few" and that would just about cover it. I will keep it suitably brief.

2012. 0-0 at home to Ukraine in my opening competitive fixture probably lulled us into a false sense of security.

Played 6.

Won 0.

Drawn 1.

Lost 5.

Goals for 2.

Goals against 18.

2013. The less said about this the better I think with the solitary highlight being Stefanelli scoring a brace against Georgia.

Played 11.

Won 0.

Drawn 0.

Lost 11.

Goals for 4.

Goals against 49, (no that is not a typo).

2014. We were improved on last year, (not hard I know), but a draw with Liechtenstein was our only reward.

Played 9.

Won 0.

Drawn 1.

Lost 8.

Goals for 3.

Goals against 25.

2015. A win a win a win! Finally a win! Yeah it was against the Faroe Islands and yes it was only a friendly but basically, who cares. We won!

Played 11.

Won 1.

Drew 0.

Lost 10.

Goals for 11, (yes really).

Goals against 35, (who cares we looked great going forward).

2016. Fewer games this season, (not sure why to be honest). Think I may have lost an Ass man at some point so that may be it, so I will have to keep an eye on that and make sure we get our full quote of games in.

Played 6.

Won 0.

Drawn 0.

Lost 6.

Goals for 1.

Goals against 25.

I must admit that it is not unknown for me to holiday an International game. It's really just largely irrelevant at the moment. As we start to improve, hopefully this side of the challenge will start to interest me more.

I use Image shack for my pictures where they have an option to resize or keep them at original sizes. I am not sure what options photobucket have but they may have a sizing option available when you upload each image?

Co-Ownerships are whereby you are able to allow a club to buy half of a players contract, after an agreed period of one or two seasons, both clubs then make a bid for the remaining 50%. The highest bidder for the remaining 50% of the contract wins the player's services for the duration of the contract length.

In FM13 however, Co-Ownerships at this level usually work in your favour as teams will not payout your 50% (no bid from either side means that the player's current club he is playing for retain his services) which means that he will stay at your club as you usually retain the rights to play the player over the Co-Owner's side.

Seems like you are really starting to get some momentum and promotion shouldn't be far away. Coda did fairly well in the early days for me also, but I think you are really building a pretty good squad that will also be competitive in Serie B once you make the step up.

Co-Ownerships are whereby you are able to allow a club to buy half of a players contract, after an agreed period of one or two seasons, both clubs then make a bid for the remaining 50%. The highest bidder for the remaining 50% of the contract wins the player's services for the duration of the contract length.

In FM13 however, Co-Ownerships at this level usually work in your favour as teams will not payout your 50% (no bid from either side means that the player's current club he is playing for retain his services) which means that he will stay at your club as you usually retain the rights to play the player over the Co-Owner's side.

I have just realised this, (to my cost). Accepted a co-ownership with a smaller club for an average fringe player, (just to experiment), but when it came time to bid, the board wouldn't give me any transfer kitty, (all I wanted was £1,000), so we both bid £0 and they won because I had let him go to them.

Oh well. A lesson learned and all that.

Yeah thanks for the info on the pics. I will have a look when I am posting the next lot.

Seems like you are really starting to get some momentum and promotion shouldn't be far away. Coda did fairly well in the early days for me also, but I think you are really building a pretty good squad that will also be competitive in Serie B once you make the step up.

That's the plan. I have really just been missing that final piece of the jigsaw, (Ludovic), and now he is here things are progressing nicely. Last things started off poorly and then with International call-ups and injuries and whatever, we were off the pace from the start and never really got going. Now, with the youngsters starting to develop and make an impact, I think things are well set for some consistant progress.

Season 2014/15

CLUB - Serie C1 Group A - 12th

A disappointing season to forget at club and country level. It took 6 wins from the last 9 games just to avoid the relegation playouts for the club, my insistence on sticking with my up and coming San Marino internationals might have been my undoing. This season I will try and bring in some more experienced players to complement them, particularily to bring in when we are in a bad run of form.

League Table -

The Team

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 28 yrs) - International keeper keeping his place by virtue of his national team status but again performed well.

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 28 yrs) - National team right back had as decent a season as any.

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 18 yrs) - Slower development this season and overshadowed by Bologna.

CB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 18 yrs) - Rapid development saw Bologna promoted from reserve to first choice centre-back swiftly this season.

LB Cristiano Biraghi (Italy, 22 yrs) - Signed from Inter last summer and is attracting interest from Serie A.

RW Fausto Rossi (Italy, 24 yrs) - Not a fantastic season for the ex-Juventus man. Hoping for better next season.

CM Attila Filkor (Hungary, 26 yrs) - A good season for the Hungarian international.

CM Giovanni Scampini (Italy,23 yrs) - Probably the star player this season.

LW Frederico Mattiello (Italy, 19 yrs) - Wide midfielder incoming from Juve. Had a loan spell with us in 13/14 as cover.

ST Roberto Inglese (Italy, 23 yrs) - Chievo forward agreed to a free transfer this summer to freshen up an unproductive strike force.

ST Simone Corazza (Italy, 24 yrs) - Sampdoria striker signed for £325k following the sale of Wilfred Osuji to Red Bull Salzburg for £1.9m.

INTERNATIONAL - Euro 2016 Qualifying Group B - 5th

At international level, we went into the June qualifying internationals off the back of 22 games without a win and only 3 draws. We didn't managed to avoid defeat in any of 8 internationals in 2014. We again were defeated at home by Bulgaria but the only high point of the season was our first competitive win, at home to Finland in a Euro 2016 qualifying game. Vitaioli slipped in Luca Rossi to score a 55th minute winner and we always looked comfortable to hang on.

Having a succession of friendlies against low ranked international sides who still were always going to be too much for us (such as New Zealand and Wales who have things such as professional players...), I decided to take control of arranging the friendlies myself. I have arranged some games against opposition in the same international ranking bracket as us. St Lucia visited in March and in November we have a European minnow double header against Andorra and Liechtenstein.

2014 Fixtures

2015 Fixtures

Euro 2016 Qualification Group B - 5th - Off the bottom with the win over Finland.

World Ranking - 203 - We slipped back in the rankings this season but the Finland win should see this increase.

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 28 yrs, 55 Caps) - Still no competition for Simoncini as San Marino no.1

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 28 yrs, 26 Caps/1 Goal) -

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 18 yrs, 23 Caps) -

CB Tiziano Berti (San Marino, 17 yrs, 19 Caps) - Still only 17 but looking less likely to develop into a player good enough at club level. Lost his play in the club side to Bologna at the start of this season.

LB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 18 yrs, 10 Caps) - Plays leftback for the national side, broke into the team at the start of the season and has progressed dramatically.

RW Lucca Rossi (San Marino, 19 yrs, 21 Caps/2 Goals) - Once a club regular but rarely gets off the subs bench, regular for the international side though and scored the winning goal against Finland.

CM Roberto Casali (San Marino, 19 yrs, 23 Caps) - Promising midfielder, unlikely to break through at club level but the weakest area of the national team.

CM Pier Filipo Mazza (Sant'Ermete Sanvitese, 26 yrs, 29 Caps/1 Goal)

LW Enrico Cibelli (Tre Penne, 27 yrs, 17 Caps)

ST Matteo Vitaioli (Fiorentino, 25 yrs, 43 Caps/2 Goals) - Plays left wing in most games in a 4-5-1, shifts upfront against weaker opposition.

ST Mattia Stefanelli (Crotone, 22 yrs, 21 Caps) - Still awaiting a first international goal.

leonavich - Congratulations on a third World Cup qualification. I've been trying to backtrack through some of your updates (there's quite a few), am enjoying the detail. I like the look of your international strikers, it shows what can be produced a way down the line.

Jimbo - That Marcelo is far better than anything I've produced from my youth team so far. It gives me optimism though.

Club Update.

2016/17. Well we had a bit of a disasterous start to the season as Internationals and then injury impacted on our league form. We finished well though, (unbeaten in our last 12), but our final league position of 9th, shows that we were in trouble before we found our late-season form during the run-in.

That we used 32 different players in Senior games, (9 of then Sanmarinese), suggest that things are developing nicely, but as indicated earlier, this was simply down to players being unavailable, (International duty or injury), and me not really having a choice.

Coda * and Rodriguez * (ESP) led the way with regards to goals, (13 & 13 respectively). Stefanelli only managed 7 goals in 12(1) appearances this season and was much disrupted by International selection and injury.

Ludovic (FRA) created mosts assists (10), but was suported by Suciu (ROM) with 9 and Rodriguez * (ESP) with 8. Villanova had a below-par season and only contributed 6 assists.

Constantino played the 1st half of the season, (when we struggled), before being replaced by loanee Stojanovic (AUT). I like Constantino, (and don't really like investing playing time in loan players), but we were losing and I needed to do something to stop the rott.

Best signing. It's got to be Stojanovic (AUT). I thought that Constantino was going to do me fine but it just wasn't working. Stojanovic (AUT) made a Serie A appearance last season, (for Bologna), and made a huge impact when he arrived.

Fans Player of the Year. Ferreira (POR), (centre-half).

Misc awards.

Rodriguez (ESP) came 2nd in the goal of the season as his winner against Real Spal was deemed far better than it actually was. Marin * (2014) popped it off to Ludovic (FRA). He launched a long ball at Coda. He nodded it on to Rodriguez (ESP), who smashed it home. (Not even in my top 10 goals of the season by us).

Best youth product. Berardi * (2017)

Finances. We are in the red to the tune of £1.52M, (and I'm getting a little concerned). If we don't look like we are going to do well this season then I am going to be forced to sell some of the non-SMR guys who I have tied down to long-term contracts. We have players valued at in excess of £200,00 and I might be forced to cash in on them.

Contract. The board have again offered me a new contract, (this time 3 years taking me to 2020). I'm not overly keen on the "develop players using the clubs own youth system", because I think I need to make progress this season and possibly make the most of certain players before they are sold. "Make the most of set-pieces" jumps out at me as one I might want to take advantage of in the future, and after 3 clean sheets to end last season, "play defensive football", has it's appeal, but I think for the moment I will be giving them all a miss.

Club Update.

2017/18 I know that pre-season means absolutely nothing, (and I don't usually control the matches anyway), but the omens are at least good that we went through a pre-season schedule against the likes of AZ Alkmaar of Holland, Wolfsburg of Germany and Levante of Spain, unbeaten. Things continued into the normal season as we went unbeaten in 15 of our openining 16 matches, (and only lost when reduced to 10 men).

Then we struggled for a little period that saw us lose 3 out of 4 C1/A games. We were playing well and things were just not going for us and we soon got back on track and did so in style.

What followed was a sequence of 19 unbeaten games, (including 9 consecutive wins on the bounce), that saw us beat Bari, (of C1/B), home and away in the Serie C Cup Final, and pip AlbionLeffe to the Serie C1/A title on the last day of the season as they lost to Pro Patria and we demolished Cittadella. After the last match of the season was the one and only time that were topped the table. I had long ago resigned myself to the playoffs and was just determined to take a good run of form into them. I did know we were in with a chance because I checked at half-time and AlbionLeffe were losing, but it was far from a done deal.

The Serie C Cup Final just came at the right time for us and we were in top form. Bari didn't know what hit them and after going 3-0 up at home in the 1st leg, even a soft goal and a dodgy pen meant that we took a lead to us when we travelled away to the San Nicola Stadium. 2 early goals from Coda gave them a mountain to climb. They never remotely looked like doing it.

Bari got their revenge in the Serie C Super Cup, (love it by the way), but I won the 2 that mattered. They can have the Super Cup. lol

It's not all good news though. Ludovic (FRA) kept refusing to re-sign and in the last moments of the window he agreed to go back to his native France and join Clermont Foot in French League 2. I'm gutted he has gone because he really made us tick, but I'm hoping that it will prove easier to sign a replacement after we are in Serie B.

Best signing. Well I am going to give a joint award this year. We actually only made 2 signings, (both loans), and both were vital. Mbida (CMR) came in from Ascoli and after we sold Crivello he was the only recognised left back in the squad. Ofusu (Gha) arrived from Modena and although he isn't brilliant, his strength allowed me to play Coda in a different role and thus give us more options.

Fans Player of the Year.

Misc Awards.

Well Rossi * (2013) (SMR) scored the goal of the month for September, (at least I think it was September). He watched a crossfield ball from the left drop out of the sky and from about 35-38 yards just smash-volleyed it past a hapless keeper. It was brilliant. If it doesn't win goal of the season then...

Rossi * (2013) (SMR) did indeed win the C1/A Goal of the Season award.

Constantino (GK) was named in the C1/A Team of the Year.

Ferreira (POR) (DC) was named in the C1/A Team of the Year.

Best youth product. Crescentini * (2018) (SMR)

Finances. Despite really trimming the squad down and selling players to the value of £550,000, we still really struggled with cash. As a result, the board got sick of sticking their hands in their pockets and restructured the debt into a £1.8M loan over 10 years. It didn't work though as we have already built up a debt of £937,000 and to be honest I'm pretty fearful of the financial situation that i might encounter in Serie B. I know from reading leon's updates that it's not until Serie A that you start to make money. My only hope is that by taking my time in C1/A, I have built a squad that might be able to challenge in Serie B straight away, (at least if I can replace Ludovic).

My name has been added to the clubs roll of honour and I am now considered an Icon, (along with Coda & Ferrero). Players on the favoured list are Rodriguez * (ESP). Marin * (2014), Villanova & Ferreira (POR). None of those are Sanmarinese. :(

I've just been thinking what I am going to take pictures of and the like and decided that there is little point me taking pictures of players that are not Sanmarinese. So instead I will post more of fringe players who are at least going to feature for the NT.

Bonfini (SMR) 21 years old. 40 caps. 2 goals.

Was the best (SMR) player at the club when I arrived. He has been a regular at the club, (despite his lack of ability), and has done ok. He has even done ok at club level when called upon, (but he really isn't good enough).

Rossi * (2013) (SMR) 35 caps. 3 goals.

Jumped out as the best youth player in the first draft. He did ok in the short-term, is a regular alongside Stefanelli for the NT, and made vital contributions this season.

Marin * (2014)

Might be Italian rather than Sanmarinese, be he is at least home-produced so he at least gets a mention. He was a regular this season, alongside Lukovic (FRA) until he tore his hamstring.

Fornaciari * (2015)

Another Italian, (and not a very good one at that). Saying that, we are desperate for a (SMR) GK so I would had been delighted if he had just not been bloody Italian.

Marcello * (2016) (SMR) 16 caps.

The best product of the academy so far. Even at the age of 18 he was a regular for both club and Country, and filled the gap left by the injured Marin *.

Berardi * (2017) (SMR) 5 caps. 1 goal.

Youngest player to play for (SMR). Youngest player to score for (SMR). Youngest player to score in C1/A. Youngest player to play in the C1 Super Cup. So far really only appearing from the bench for either club or Country.

Crescentini * (2018) (SMR)

Broke Berardi's record for youngest goal-scorer in C1/A, (albeit by only 6 days). Yet to make his (SMR) NT debut but will instantly make an impact. We have a number of big useless centre-backs who should be able to at least compete in the air, but we are lacking exactly this sort of player. He also then went and broke Berardi's record for the yougest player to feature in the C1 Super-Cup.

Jimbo - That Marcelo is far better than anything I've produced from my youth team so far. It gives me optimism though.

Yeah, but it's really frustrating. I know I have rubbish facilities right now, but even when I do unearth a decent youngster, there seems to be a reasonable chance that they are Italian anyway. Crescentini * (2018) (SMR) looks brilliant, but he has just rejected my call-up to the (SMR) NT.

(The inconsiderate little buggar!) :thdn:

At this rate, producing a decent player every couple of years, (who may or may not want to play for (SMR) anyway), I'm never going to get anywhere.

Currently still reading page 3 to try and catch up with leon's exploits.

NT Update.

As before, not much point in going into much detail at this stage, (for obvious reasons).

2017. Well I decided to just let the Ass Man control friendly matches and my faith was repaid by losing 3-0 at home to Faroe Islands, conceding 8 against Albania and as if that wasn't enough, 9 against Belarus. I think I will be controlling friendly matches from now on because that's ridiculous. Carp we may be, but we're not that carp. I don't mind getting hammered by the likes of England, France and Sweden, but when you get hammered by the likes of Malta, Faroes, Albania, Lithuania and Belarus, then something has got to change. No more holiday for me.

Played 10.

Won 0.

Drawn 0.

Lost 10.

Goals for 7.

Goals against 56, (yes really).

The only positive thing to report is that the San Marino NT now have a new record goalscorer. Stefanelli has now scored 9 International goals in 40 appearances at the age of 25.

Yeah, but it's really frustrating. I know I have rubbish facilities right now, but even when I do unearth a decent youngster, there seems to be a reasonable chance that they are Italian anyway. Crescentini * (2018) (SMR) looks brilliant, but he has just rejected my call-up to the (SMR) NT.

(The inconsiderate little buggar!) :thdn:

At this rate, producing a decent player every couple of years, (who may or may not want to play for (SMR) anyway), I'm never going to get anywhere.

Currently still reading page 3 to try and catch up with leon's exploits.

It can be extremely frustraing how even the poorest duel citizen will refuse a call up for a highly unlikely Italian call up. The good news however, is that if they are not good enough by the age of 24, they eventually can be persuaded to represent the Sammerenese jersey. The dissapointment is usually the wasted 8 years between 16 and 24 when they are a shoe in for the national team.

9 in 40 is a very reasonable tally, especially considering the circumstances of the team. I didn't hint double digits until Righi I believe, so you may be in line for higher achievements for the national team far sooner.

Good to see you gain promotion, and is such style too! Good luck in the Serie B. You should be able to sustain yourself in the division with your squad.

Season 2015/16

CLUB - Serie C1 Group B - 1st

Serie B here we come. A much improved season, we were in the mix at christmas at the top of the table but not running away with it. A handful of good January signings propelled us on and meant that the league was won at a canter.

League Table -

The Team

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 29 yrs) - Still no.1 for club and country. While he plays well it will stay that way.

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 29 yrs) - Not really good enough but holds his place due to his nationality. Had a good season though.

CB Simone Passa (Italy, 22 yrs) - January signing from Inter for £60k, solidified a porous defence.

CB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 19 yrs) - The star of the national team and deserved his club place on merit. In the Serie C team of the year.

LB Jacob Laursen (Denmark, 21 yrs) - Another January signing, might make way for Bologna to move back to the left back spot next season.

RW Boadu Maxwell Acosty (Ghana, 24 yrs) - Winger signed to add pace to the team in January, brought in for £325k in a co-ownership arrangement with Fiorentina.

CM Attila Filkor (Hungary, 27 yrs) - A decent third season with the club for the Hungarian. Rotated in the midfield and often covered right wing.

CM Tommaso Ceccarelli (Italy,24 yrs) - Signed in a co-ownership deal from Lazio to add competition in the midfield. Often rotated with Scampini.

LW Fausto Rossi (Italy, 25 yrs) - A much improved second season from the ex-Juventus man. Contributed 15 assists.

ST Roberto Inglese (Italy, 24 yrs) - ex-Chievo striker signed last summer on a free. Scored 26 goals in 29 games in the league.

ST Umberto Eusepi (Italy, 27 yrs) - Signed in January from Brescia for £120k. Contributed 8 goals in 12 games.

INTERNATIONAL - Euro 2016 Qualifying Group B - 6th

Following last seasons victory over Finland we followed up with a draw away against the Netherlands in Rotterdam. We led until the 64th minute following a Tiziano Berti goal from a set piece. Holland enjoyed considerable possession of theb ball and has a large number of shots but only ever created one clear cut chance and didn't look much like breaking us down. Ironically, I was having a minor celebration in my computer room after ten minutes having not conceded.

There were no further wins following this but we drew all of our friendlies I set up against fellow European minnows. Disappointingly we still can't come up on top in these games, it appears there is still a lot of work to do.

2015 Fixtures

2016 Fixtures

Euro 2016 Qualification Group B - 6th

World Cup 2018 Qualification Group 2

World Ranking - 159th - Significant improvement off the back of a win against Finland, draw against Holland and a number of friendly draws.

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 29 yrs, 63 Caps)

RB Mirko Palazzi (San Marino, 29 yrs, 31 Caps/1 Goal) - Likely to be moved into a lightweight midfield next season.

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 19 yrs, 28 Caps) - Lost his place in the club side this season but still first choice at international level.

CB Tiziano Berti (San Marino, 18 yrs, 27 Caps/1 Goal)

LB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 19 yrs, 16 Caps)

RW Lucca Rossi (20 yrs, 29 Caps/2 Goals) - Without a club having been released. Still a regular at international level.

CM Roberto Casali (San Marino, 20 yrs, 30 Caps/1 Goal)

CM Pier Filipo Mazza (Sant'Ermete Sanvitese, 27 yrs, 36 Caps/1 Goal)

LW Matteo Vitaioli- (Fiorentino, 26 yrs, 51 Caps/2 Goals)

ST Andrea Vennerucci (San Marino, 18 yrs, 8 Caps/1 Goal) - Was regular at club level in 2014/15, rarely gets a game now though.

ST Mattia Stefanelli (Crotone, 23 yrs, 28 Caps/1 goal) - Will sign for me as a club player in the summer. Finally hit his first international goal against the Faroe Isles last August.

Andrew

What skin are you using?

I see you finished Season 14/15 in C1/A but started 15/16 in C1/B. What happened?

Bloomin hell! I see you have spent £325k on a player, (and then noticed that you had sold Osuji for £1.9M). I have been so busy trying to read through and catch up with leon's exploits that I have sort of just skimmed yours and missed that completely. (/Goes to look).

Yeah Marcello does look good, but what I wouldn't do for a Bologna. My centre-backs all seem to want to play football. I just want an old-fashioned stopper like him.

Congrats on promotion to Serie B.:applause:

I see that you have started arranging NT friendlies yourself. I think that is deffo the way to go, but i found that I couldn't travel outside Europe. How do you get games against non-European Nations?

Andrew & leon

I have no problems scoring goals, but stopping them at the other end seems to be a HUGE problem. I think this related to a low, (very low), familiarity rating for the 442 tactic I'm using. I have been considering using a more conservative 4141 tactic, but I think the problem is less the tactic itself and more the players lack of familiarity with it. Where as I can use the Match preparation with the club side, (and have no issues with any of 3 tactics), I can't even seem to get it to a basic level for the NT. Now I try and keep a similar squad, (I have just ignored the old guard so the bulk of my squad has been the same for each of the last 4 seasons, (playing the same tactic). Do you have any suggestions as to how I might affect/improve the NT familiarity? I appreciate that there is significantly less training time with the NT, but I had expected some sort of team cohesion improvement in 4 seasons. :confused:

I've just gone back and looked at Osuju. (very nice). I get the impression that what makes the basis of a good player in this game (FM13), has changed a little since my time with FM09. Osuji looks ok, (by my outdated way of thinking), but where as physical stats seemed to dominate success in the older games, (I haven't played FM10, 11 or 12), it seems that mental is far more important now, (and rightly so). I had sort of stumbled across this myself as I signed an 18yo called Angelozzi on a free from Viareggio after he was released without making much of an impact. Initially I signed him because I was desperate and Stefanelli wouldn't re-sign and money is really tight. he is not the sort of player I would usually look at at all, (certainly not in FM09, and that's still how I'm thinking). He has average physical stats, pretty nice mental stats, (nicer than I had initially recognised actually), and.... well reasonable at best technical stats, (only 1 stat is lower than his finishing stat and he's a striker!) Despite my reservations, he has started Serie B on fire and has scored 4 goals in 6(1) appeances in a team that seems a little light-weight in the absence of Ludovic.

Angelozzi

[Edit]

On the subject of NT tactics and familiarity, I have just played 2 matches in Oct 2018 and after taking a look at tactics I notice that there was significant improvement after these games. Not sure why it hasn't been happening before now. Anyway, whatever I was doing worng before, it seems I am no longer doing. (The fact that we got a draw in a competitive game after 31 consecutive losses would seem to suggest some improvement).

[Edit2]

Interestingly, Angelozzi currently has the 2nd highest % of shots on target in Seri B, (according to a recent message). 68% of his shots have been on target. Now he doesn't have any PPM's, (so no "places shots"), and his bfinishing has just gone up to 9, (so not exactly good). Composure is now 14 which is decent I suppose.

We are still struggling, but he has scored 8 goals in 10(1) appearances. That is waaaay beyond my expectations.

I found I struggled early on with the national team's familiarity. It didn't start to improve until I had started to get some results. I found that momentum and moral played a large part in their cohesion.

I think it is much more overall now in regards to player stats. For example, pace was more important that technical for a wing back, while mental stats more so for defensive midfielders and passing/finishing/technical for central midfielders/attackers.

It will obviously vary for everyone as hidden attributes would also contribute, but it has been interesting to see a 35-40 year old Borges still average a 7 as a DM while a youthful striker like Ademir would struggle to reach the high 6.X's

Cheers Jimbokav :).

The skin is Steklo and I use my own background pack that I've been putting together for a few years. I'm quite happy with the two San Marino pictures I have picked out. Might release the background pack at some stage, trying to get it into some form of order at the moment. I'll have to work out the new resource system for FM2014 but I'm finally going to do what I say every year and wait until the last patch in March before I buy the game. I lasted two days last year...

I didn't even notice I'd switched from C1A to C1B until I realised non of the teams I played were familiar about 10 games in... I think the regions must have re-adjusted with the promotions/relegations.

Sorting out my own friendlies is definately the way forward, I got fed up of being thrashed by teams in the 100-50 ranking who I consider as minnows in real life but who are a millions light years ahead of San Marino. I just go to the 150+ teams and they all seam to be there, maybe you have a limit imposed. Not too sure really.

I'm not sure about national team familiarity as I'm a bit of a novice at international level (never played it until this challenge), I'm just happy to keep the score down most of the time. I find that as you suggest a 4-1-4-1 system works, I use the same system of 4-4-2 I usually use but drop back a striker into the DMC spot. It seems to make it a lot harder for the opposition to create chances in the box. When the playing standard is so low going for the win isn't really in the equation.

With regard to attributes, for strikers and wingers I always go for pace and/or dribbling which suits my tactic. Sometimes I will go for a player who has extreme pace and little else. It was more pronounced before the first patch came out, on my first game as Kendal a 30 year old Wilfred Zaha was averaging 8.6 for me in the premiership. Otherwise, I go for mental characteristics with youngsters as I think technical and physical characteristics develop quicker.

Club Update.

2018/19.

So in truth I was scared. Usually a promotion means financial development, but I know from reading this thread that it's simply not the case and in fact Serie B is more like a Financial wasteland. As a result I tried to loan out just about everyone that I didn't think would play a part, and the plan is to get as many loanees in as I can to flesh out the squad. The reality was that because of our poor financial situation, I couldn't even get players in on loan. None, nil nada. As well as losing Ludovic (FRA), we have lost Mbida (CMR), (loan finished), Ofusu (GHA), (loan finished) and Stefanelli (SMR), (contract expired) all from our Best Eleven last season.

Things started ok and we won our 1st game, (which surprised me), but after that it was sort of win/lose/draw in equal measure. The bigger problem, (than our results), was that not only did I not have the finances to sign new players, I couldn't even afford to extend the one's I had. :(

In 2017/18 I sold 7 players totalling £558,000 and it barely touched the sides.

In 2018/19 I had already agreed to sell 3 more players, (Villanova, Conti & Bassoli), for a combined £745,000, (again barely keeping us going), but I had done a deal to sell GK Constantino to Inter for another £425,000, (at the end of the season), before a bigger bid for someone else came in to give us something to build on.

Ferreira (POR) had been our stand-out defender, but despite that it would have been silly to turn down the £1,200,000 offered by Academica of Portugal. Instead I countered suggesting that I also wanted not only a friendly, but also 25% of any future sale value. (That should come in rather nicely if he continues to develop as I hope he might).

Just as I was rubbing my hands and swapping transfer budget for wage budget, a ridiculous bid came in for stiker Angelozzi. Our parent club, (Cesena), offered £250,000 to co-own him, (after 2 years), and he could stay with us for the 2 years. Well call me stupid but.... he is only worth £240,000 in the first place and he has 2 years on his contract, so...... effectively he would have been likely to move anyway if I was unable to gain promotion to Serie A, (not really sure how likely that is at this stage). I jumped at the offer.

As I understand it........

I signed him on a free.

He's scoring goals for us.

He is signed for 2 seasons.

Cesena have just given me £250,000 (and he is still my player).

It's possible that in 2021 I will bid £1,000 for him and he will still be my player.

I then have the option to re-sign him and continue playing him, or sell him.

That does sound like free money. Doesn't it?

So anyway, that's about £2.4M coming in and nothing going out, (apart from wages).

I also tried to flog Coda for £500,000, (18 more goals this season to bring his tally for San Marino to 147), but unfortunately he fractured his back towards the end of the centre and I was unable to sell him and he was also unable to breach the 20 goal mark.

Best signing. Sergio (POR). Signed on a free after being released by Tolouse. We were much improved after he joined

Fans Player of the Year. Marcello (2016) (SMR).

Misc Awards.

Best youth product. Barichello * (2019) He looks quite good but of course he is Italian and I am not overly keen on defensive midfielders over normal midfielders.

While he wasn't the best youth product this year, I think It's worth mentioning Gian Nicola Marchi * First of all he is FAR from special, but you have to understand the absolute dearth of Sanmarinese goalkeepers in my game. Until recently I just used to select Aldo as my starting GK in the NT and then pick a useless bloke on the bench and then because I wasn't picking a 3rd keeper in the squad, (well why choose 2 blokes who are not going to play), I was forced to go on holiday to force the squad through, (we need 3 GK's). Aldo is already 32 so I really am desperate for someone to come in from somewhere. Marchi is by no means good, but he is the best option I've got.

Matches postponed, (or not as the case may be), due to International call-ups. I've just played Norway in the Euro Qualifiers, (lost 2-0 on 29th March 2019), but the club side have a league match the following day, (30th March 2019). I have the 7 players unavailable in the 1st team squad for the club side who were all on International duty and still the match isn't postponed. eh? That's the end of my 7 match unbeaten run then!

:(

So we finished 15th and we have a squad that is stronger and has more depth than last season. Yeah we struggled without any full-backs at times and yeah we really miss Coda when he doesn't play, but we are improving and are doing so with a few Sanmarinese playing a part in the squad. Priorities are a new GK to replace the departing Constantino, extend the contracts, (those that I can), of those that I want to stay, a replacement for Coda, (and hopefully flog him for £0.5M).

Finances at first glance seem ok, (£382,104 in the bank with about £0.5M to come in from Constantino and maybe even another £0.5M from Coda), but the problem is that we have already sold players to the total of £2,583,276 this season and we are barely keeping our heads above water. As well as keeping us from taking out another loan, I have really been trying to get the board to invest in improving the youth facilities, but it isn't happening. Marcello (2016) (SMR) will be leaving at the end of next season if we are not promoted. While I would love to keep him, he is San Marino's best player and it would be silly to stunt his growth when he can go on and play at a big club and continue to develop. He's currently valued at £800,000 so I would expect to maybe get £2.5M for him a year from now. I might also flog Crescentini (2018) (SMR) at the same time. On the other hand, keeping him here might put the mockers on him being called up for Italy U21's. That's more of a danger than the NT.

Bonfini (SMR). 48 Caps. 2 goals. He has been on loan at Lucchese in C2/B where he didn't have a good season at all. In a team that finished only 1 spot outside the playoffs, he only scored 2 goals and created no assists in 28 appearances.

Rossi * (2013) (SMR). 44 Caps. 4 goals. Although he made 23 appearances this season, (and only scored 3 goals and created 5 assists), he actually did ok. better than ok in fact. Of his 23 appearances, 10 were made from the bench and when he played, it was often in a weakened team as I decided to rest almost a full team for an away game that I was unlikely to win, (especially if it was quickly to be followed by a 2nd game that we had a reasonable chance in).

Marin * (2104). He had a slow start to the campaign as he tore his hamstring at the end of last season and obviously without a pre-season it took a while for him to get up to speed. His number of appearances suggest how important he has become to us.

Fornaciari * (2015). Another who was sent out on loan, however he went to an unplayable team, (Gavorrano), who were relegated from C2/B a couple of seasons ago. it's a scary thought, but I am considering just playing him next season when Constantino goes. He's cheap, here already, and he looks to have some sort of potential so let's not see what he's got. I am already sort of resigned to losing players when we are not promoted so why not plan for that?

Marcello * (2016) (SMR). 25 Caps. 1 goal. He played fewer games as I tried to rest him on occasion to try and get the best out of him. Goals and assists were probably a bit of a let-down if I'm honest, but then he was doing a huge amount of defensive work for us in the middle of the pitch.

Berardi * (2017) (SMR). 13 Caps. 2 goals. I tried to ease him into things and really wanted to use him sparingly. 7 goals in 8(7) appearances suggest that he might be doing ok. With Stefanelli still not at a club, (and still not willing to re-join us), he continued to make an impact on the NT.

Crescentini * (2018) (SMR). He has dual Nationality SMR/ITA and is so far resisting my attempts at a call-up. he has struggled playing for the club side this season. He spent the early part of the season playing out of position at full-back, (they were all injured), and then when he moved to centre-half it was suggested that he was feeling the pressure of the big clubs sniffing around him. (By big clubs I mean the likes of Bologna and Napoli who have both expressed an interest).

Barichello * (2019). I gave the young Italian his league debut from the bench at the back end of this season and he did ok. We have a few players in that position so I might consider loaning him out next season, but I'm also hopeful that he can develop and be in a position to fill the void left by Marcello when he leaves.

Ok. So as I mentioned before I am having a few issues with the Familiarity of the NT tactics that I am using, It seemed to me that it was just never improving, but after I looked the last time, it seemed to improve after the next pair of games and I thought all was well. The problem is that I have just looked at it, (end of season), and it's pants again.

Here is how it looked at the end of the season in May 2019.

Here is how it looked after the Lithuania game in June 2019.

Here is how it looked after the Ukraine game in June 2019.

So initially I was letting the NT Ass Man look after the NT Match training. Since it has been an issue though I have been looking after it myself. The problem is that it seems to be different to how it works at club level. At club level I get a session before/after a game and it can be worked on then. With the NT though I don't get a specific session on a specific day. I just get "additional focus area" at the bottom left hand side of the screen on a drop-down menu.

Tactics only.

Teamwork.

Def. Positioning.

Att. Movement.

Def. Set Pieces.

Att. Set Pieces.

I am really just using this to see what I am doing wrong/right, and to see if any of you are encountering it too. Hopefully there isn't a problem and I will soon work out what's going on. It looks like things are improving as expected, but I am wondering if the issue is that the levels will slowly drop off between now and the next match in 2 months.

Good stabilising season there Jimbokav. Looks like even though you let a lot go, you were able to counter that. The Co-ownership deal looks a good one for you too.

As with the National team, that does seem to happen, as their are lengthy breaks between matches, and the squad can change considerably depending who is called up, I find the familiarity and cohesion drops, but then also builds after a few games. I usually schedule a lot of games right before tournaments or one or 2 before a qualifier to build up that rapport. I used to loose a lot of those games as the players would get tired and it was against fairly high level opposition but it meant we were better prepared for the matches that matter, and it may be due to this that we tend to get better results in the important matches after getting flogged in the friendlies that don't really matter too much.

International 2040

Almost a flawless season a shick 1-0 loss to DR Congo and a tight 0-0 draw with Scotland our only blips in an otherwise fantastic year. We heralded wins over France (2-0) against all odds, as well as decimated Sweden (6-2) and Japan (5-2). But we also ovecame some tight wins, including a late 2-1 win over Hungary a similarly, a late winner in a 3-2 win over Bosnia-Herzegovia. This boads well for our future as we ae starting to be clinical in the final third of the matches, especially against big opposition, noting our second half strike and stoppage time sealer against the French. We also pushed into the top 10 this season, though only briefly.

My concearns now are no youth players coming through of any real quality, despite state of the art facilities. We need some players, especially in defence otherwise all this good work building the national team up will be for naught if it can't atleast be maintained.

2041 Best XI

I may have to do away with this list as the teams are not updating in the best XI list and this is not accurate (F. Mularoni not in the team at the moment due to injury). As a result, next season I will highlight our key players only.

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                | Club        | Team   | Caps   | Goals  | Yth Apps | Yth Gls| Value  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK     |        | Aldo Angelini       | San Marino  | Main   | 162    | 1      | 0        | 0      | £3.1M  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR     |        | Matteo Giannini     | San Marino  | Main   | 84     | 1      | 15       | 0      | £575K  | 
| DCR    |        | Matteo Macina       | Taranto     | Main   | 57     | 1      | 0        | 0      | £600K  | 
| DCL    |        | Mattia Canini       | Grosseto    | Main   | 44     | 1      | 0        | 0      | £675K  | 
| DL     |        | Davide Bollini      | Padova      | Main   | 104    | 4      | 0        | 0      | £120K  | 
| DMC    |        | Nicola Mularoni     | San Marino  | Main   | 175    | 10     | 6        | 0      | £425K  | 
| MC     |        | Claudio Broccoli    | Real Rimini | Main   | 37     | 1      | 25       | 1      | £450K  | 
| ML     |        | Samuele Albani      | San Marino  | Main   | 9      | 0      | 1        | 0      | £325K  | 
| STCR   |        | Alex Benvenuti      | San Marino  | Main   | 49     | 34     | 0        | 0      | £16.5M | 
| STCL   |        | Marco Bollini       | San Marino  | Main   | 117    | 39     | 3        | 1      | £2.1M  | 
| S1     |        | Davide Rinaldi      | Triestina   | Main   | 10     | 0      | 3        | 0      | -      | 
| S2     | Rst    | Francesco Buttignon | Real Rimini | Main   | 40     | 2      | 14       | 0      | £325K  | 
| S3     |        | Gaspare Barone      | Tre Fiori   | Main   | 45     | 8      | 11       | 1      | -      | 
| S4     |        | Mauro Bucci         | -           | Main   | 132    | 7      | 21       | 0      | -      | 
| S5     | Rst    | Matteo Zanotti      | Real Rimini | Main   | 88     | 3      | 0        | 0      | £275K  | 
| S6     |        | Daniele Ugolini     | San Marino  | Main   | 83     | 13     | 5        | 0      | £1.8M  | 
| S8     |        | Lorenzo Bacciocchi  | Gubbio      | Main   | 11     | 0      | 29       | 2      | £24K   | 
| S9     |        | Antonio Andreini    | San Marino  | Main   | 9      | 0      | 6        | 0      | £250K  | 
| -      | Inj    | Denis Lonfernini    |             |        |        |        |          |        |        | 

Fixtures

Players with Potential - 23 and Under - Bold signifies new entries.

Samuele Albani (17)

Played a few games out on the wing as Broccoli and Ugolini still hold the midfield position as their own, though building towards a solid future.

Antonio Andreini (18)

As Mularoni ages, he has been getting more and more game time. This will remain the same, and increase over the next couple of years. Mularoni will be hittin 34, so I can see the position becoming his within the next 2-3 seasons.

International Rankings

2012 – 209
2013 – 208
2014 – 209 
2015 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/826/ranking171.jpg/"]171[/url][/b]
2016 – 190
2017 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/855/163rd.jpg/"]163[/url][/b]
2018 – 180
2019 – [b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/15/rank114.jpg/"]114[/url][/b]
2020 – 145
2021 – 175
2022 – 131
2023 – 135
2024 – 131
2025 – 121
2026 – 126
2027 – 149
2028 – 150
2029 – 110
2030 – 121
2031 – 116
2032 – [b][url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2363/breaking100.jpg"]82[/b][/url]
2033 – 44
2034 – 49
2035 – 47 
2036 – 20
2037 – 27
2037 – 26
2038 – 20
2039 – 18
2040 – 17
2041 – 12

Overall Best XI

Overall XI Players who have represented both Club and Country

Aldo Angelini

Cristian Bernardi

Luigi Bertolini

Davide Bollini

Marco Bollini

Matteo Della Valle

Andrea Giancobbi

Nicola Mularoni

Massimo Raschi

Nicolo Zanotti

International Awards & Achievements

[i]Top 10 Most Caps[/i]  - Nicola Mularoni        (175)  
                 - Aldo Angelini          (162)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi       (154) 
                 - Mauro Bucci            (132)  
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni     (131) 
                 - Nicolo Zanotti         (130)             
                 - Luigi Bertolini        (117)
                 - Marco Bollini          (117)
                 - Davide Bollini         (104)
                 - Cristian Bernardi      (103)

[i]Top 10 Most Goals[/i] - Francesco Mularoni      (46)
                 - Marco Bollini           (39)
                 - Alex Benvenuti          (34)
                 - Nicolo Zanotti          (21)
                 - Andrea Giancobbi        (19)
                 - Andrea Pelliccioni      (14)
                 - Daniele Ugolini         (13)
                 - Mattia Righi            (12)
                 - Nicola Mularoni         (10)
                 - Andy Selva              (10)

[i]Most Goals in a match[/i]   - Mattia Righi       (3) [3-0 v Andorra 2019]
                       - Marco Bollini      (3) [5-5 v Cyprus 2031]
                       - Daniele Ugolini    (3) [6-4 v KAC Marrakech 2038]
                       - Francesco Mularoni (3) [5-2 v Estonia 2039]
                       - Francesco Mularoni (3) [3-2 v Moldova 2040]
                       - Alex Benvenuti     (3) [5-3 v Sweden 2040]
                       - Alex Benvenuti     (3) [5-2 v Japan 2041]

[i]Most Assists in a match[/i] - Tiziano Colantonio (3) [4-3 v Liberia 2021]
                       - Alex Benvenuti     (3) [5-2 v Estonia 2039]
                       - Alex Benvenuti     (3) [6-2 v Sweden 2041]

International Honours

[b][u]World Cups[/b][/u]

World Cup's Qualified         - 3 (2034), (2038), (2042)
World Cup Second Round        - Second Round 3-4e v USA (3034)
                             - Second Round 0-1 v England (2038)

[b][u]European Championships[/b][/u]

Euro Championship's Qualified   - 2 (2036), (2040)
Euro Championship Runner Up     - Runner Up 2-2P v Spain (3036)
Euro Championship Quarter Final - Quarter Final 1-3 v Ukraine (3040)

[b][u]World Cup Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2012-14 - 6th in Group 8
2016-18 - 6th in Group 7
2020-22 - 6th in Group 8
2024-26 - 5th in Group 7
2028-30 - 4th in Group 2
2032-34 - 2nd in Group 1  (Qualified via Play off win v Ukraine)
2036-38 - 1st in Group 9  (Qualified First)
2040-42 - 1st in Group 5  (Qualified First)

*Currently in progress

[b][u]European Championship Qualifiers[/b][/u]

2014-16 - 6th in Group A
2018-20 - 4th in Group B
2022-24 - 4th in Group H
2026-28 - 5th in Group F
2030-32 - 5th in Group E
2034-36 - 2nd in Group A  (Qualified second behind Ireland)
2038-40 - 2nd in Group B  (Qualified second behind Belgium)

*Currently in Progress

Records

[i]Highest World Ranking[/i]                        - 10th (2041)
[i]Fastest Goal in European Qualifications[/i]      - [url="http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3749/fastestevergoalineuros.jpg"]Mattia Righi, 11 seconds v Croatia[/url] (2023)
[i]Highest Attendance[/i]                           - [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2111/recordhighnational.jpg"]21,760 v Croatia[/url] (2024)
[i]Lowest Attendance in European Qualifications[/i] - 100 v Northern Ireland (2026)

San Marino Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order. Being the first year, there has been 6 inducted players.

Class of 2026

1. Luigi Bertolini (2014-2031) - Once the All time cap holder, Bertolini has been one of the best Sammarinese product in the country's history. Has been inducted during his playing career and is the first of the inducted players. He has been the most consistent player for the national side and since his debut at the age of 16, he has been a guaranteed stater while fit. There has been none better in the history of Sammarinese football, and is known as a living legend. The only Sammarinese player to be a key component to a professional outfit in the Serie A and to have one silverware including Europa League, Italian Cup and the Serie A. Has since tutored and been involved in the development of Sammarinese players at the club side to boost the national team. The most gifted and greatest Sammarinese player ever and will be tough to beat considering the period of which he played, during their toughest years.

2. Andy Selva (1998-2015) - Was the All time top scorer with 10 goals at one point in time. Was a rock and played for the national team until he was 40. Played in a time before some of the better players arrived and did most of his national service as a one man team. Captain of the side for 2 seasons.

3. Cristian Bernardi (2014-2030) - The second highest capped player and the best keeper in the history of the country. Has had no close competition and has been as solid as possible in a side that struggles to be competitive early in its history. Tutored and mentored Angelini who has taken over between the sticks, and even managed an assist from goals in his time with the National team. Will be missed and has reached Legendary status for his achievements.

4. Mattia Stefanelli (2010-2019) - The heir apparent to Selva. Lived up to the bill as best as possible but struggled with only 3 goals. Was the only striker choice for many seasons when Selva retired and captained the side briefly.

5. Aldo Junior Simoncini (2004-2018) - The first goal keeper and vice captain. Played for 6 years before retiring with 54 caps. His stats are not known, however he was a valuable member of a side struggling to find players to field. Was one of 3 original players to be automatic selections, along side Selva and Stefanelli.

6. Matteo Vitaioli (2013-2021) - Retired with 56 caps and 4 goals, he was a solid midfield player in an era that saw very little come through in they way of midfield talent. Though not the best of players, he was admirable in our engine room.

Class of 2027

7. Michele Cervellini (2006-2020) - His stats may not look all that great but he was the unsung hero for a number of years as he played a role in the middle for over a decade. Was a solid player who was always on the starting sheet until he reached his mid 30's and faded at the start of when the new crop of youngster where coming in.

8. Tiziano Colantonio (2013-2022) - Only had 39 caps for the national team but has a number of achievements that came with his short stint. He was the youngest ever player, breaking in to the starting line up of the national team at just 15 years and 290 days. He is also the record holder for the most assists in a match, standing at 3. His downfall in the national team came when the formation shifted from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-1-3-2 and wide players were removed from the starting line up. He was still given opportunities off the bench and did reasonably well, but his spell will be remembered more as the youngster with much potential who had a good first 5 year with the national team, rather than the squad player off the bench that he obtained for the remainder.

Class of 2028

9. Damiano Vannucci (1992-2013) - Only had one year in the national team under my guidance but has stood the test of time to be one of the highest capped players. Was looked up to by the younger generation and though he played in a difficult era, was still able to make the midfield role his own

10. Alessandro Ceccoli (2014-2026) - His debut year in football came when I entered management and for 13 out his 18 seasons he was a mainstay in the national team backline. He played through the tough years until we started to see some real progress in the national side and will be sorely missed as he was always a key player and valuable member. He managed 4 assists from the left hand side of defence in a team that has always struggled to score, showing he was a main component to anything creative on the left of the field.

Class of 2029

11. Fabio Francini (2016-2028)

Was a handy little midfielder who became a great servant for the national side. His role was primarily to support attacks, and showed good composure in a tough side to manage 3 assists and a decent rating of 6.41. Became a fan favourite and one of our key players during his peak for the national side and will take some beating as one of the better midfielders the country has had.

Class of 2030

12. Mattia Berardi (2015-2028)

Probably the most versatile defender we have had for the national side with the ability to play anywhere in the back line. Not only did he have decent ability technically, he was also one of our fastest defenders for his error, which made him very reliable at the back. In a time where Bertolini and Pellicconi have dominated the central defence, Berardi was on either side with Ceccoli or Riccio, helping to make the most formidable backline the National side has ever seen and the main reason for our sturdier defence and rise up the rankings towards breaking the top 100.

Class of 2031

13. Francesco Riccio (2015-2024)

Defenders have been the strongest component of the national team for a long time, and its no thanks to Riccio on the right helping out with this. A strong player, he was always solid and well deserving of a place in the national team. Currently the right back in the overall XI which shows his contribution was huge and he was one of the reasons that helped make San Marino competitive in the earlier stages of the national side.

Class of 2032

14. Mattia Righi (2019-2031)

Currently the all time top scorer with 12 goals for his country, he could of gone on to become much greater if not for serious injuries hampering him during his younger years. Was also over shadowed towards the latter part of his career with some more talented youngsters, but regardless, still went on to etch his name in history as the first Sammarinese player to hit a hattrick in a match as well as to become the top scorer. He totalled 54 caps by the time he retired at

Class of 2033

15. Alessandro Valentini (2015-2028)

A great player who sparked the attacking flair of the team of the best art of a decade. Was a mentor and teacher to the youth players as they came through such as Zanotti and Mularoni and would of been happy to be part of the squad on their push to creating future stars that would compete on the bigger stages of football. Decided to retire at 32 but was part of the national team for the best part of 13 seasons and has helped hand the torch over to the next line of midfield players who are leading the team to new heights.

Class of 2034

16. Devid Vendrame (2016-2026)

The first player to fit in to the Defensive holding role, which has now become the pivotal role of the side, anchoring defence and helping to build attacks. Devid was key to our rise in the earlier years and did a lot with the talent he had. He was never the best technically nor did he have much speed, but he was able to work hard to get the job done. A very gritty player, he managed 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 Player of the Match awards in 49 appearances and led the way for the likes of Nicola Mularoni who have followed in the footsteps of an underrated player of the national team.

Class of 2036

17. Andea Pelliccioni (2021-2036)

By far the best and most consistent player to ever pull on a Sammarinese shirt. The defender was raised in the mould and followed in the footsteps of icon Bertolini, even so far as to emulate his style and be mentored by him. The two went on to be the middle of the defence for the national team for a decade between 2021 when Pelliccioni entered the national stage until 2031, when Bertolini left it.

Pelliccioni is not only the current all time cap holder, but was at one stage the highest goal scorer in national history, with 12. He ended his career with 14 goals to his name, the most of any defender, but proved you can get better with age, with increasing ratings of 7.5 and above, including an 8+ average rating in recent years. The biggest accomplishment is his ability to lead the defence, as he racked up an incredible 32 Player of the match awards, usually in a side that would either lose or be expected to lose. He managed to perform at such a high level, during the team's rough patch while still ranked at 175th, and was a key player in their European Championships runner up result in 2036, when they reached a then record high of 25th.

To further emphasise his stature as a San Marino Legend, he is the only Sammarinese player at the time of writing, to average above a 7 rating for his international career. In fact, the only player to average above a 7.50! These boots will not be filled lightly, and a huge amount of expectation will sit atop any shoulders that tries to do so.

Class of 2037

18. Andrea Casadei (2017-2032)

Played his whole career at Tre Fiore in San Marino, Casadei went on to become one of the most successful Sammarinese bred playes of all time. He represented his country on 66 occasions, manaing 2 goals and helped bridge the era which led to San Marino cracking the top 100. He was just 2 years shy of their first ever World Cup but was involved in the initial stages and helped pull the strings for over a decade prior. Was a tutor to current an first golden generation and remains on board as a coach of the under 19's to continue providing that help and growth of the national side.

Class of 2038

19. Matteo Della Valle (2027-2038)

This is what happens when you let a player leave the club. They retire early. Della Valle retired from football at just 27 and had 76 caps, being an integral part of the first Golden Generation of Sammarinese football. He was released from the club and could not find a senior side, opting to move back home to San Marino and leave football. He was a solid defender who could play across the backline but preferred the central or right positions. Always performed fantastically and above his abilities to become a leader of the backline in the absence of Pelliccioni. Will be sorely missed, more so as he was the last of the cross-over from generations in the backline, yet still had many more years to give.

Class of 2039

20. Marcello Bianchi (2020-2039)

One shy of reaching half a century of caps for the national side. Played in the era where goals were hard to come by, but managed to notch 7, at one every 7 games. Binachi spent his entire career playing in San Marino with the Majority at Tre Penne, managing 160 goals in just over 550 games for his career. Served admirably for the national side and was unfortunate to be more acknowledged for his contribution to the side as one of the more consistent and prolific scorers in a tough era for Sammarinese football.

Class of 2040

21. Dario Treccani (2019-2030)

Played 72 caps scoring 4 goals as a playmaking midfielder who also created chances. Was much the quite presence on the field, doing his job rather than standing out, but managed some crucial goals when called upon to step up. Not the most glittering of careers, but one of the few players talented enough to be an integral part of the national squad despite never playing his football outside of the Sammarinese league.

Class of 2041

22. Marco Berardi (2014-2029)

A very solid midfield player for the national team for the best part of the late 2010's He was the best passer during San Marino's poor early years, but was evident to have some real talent on hand as he tore up the Sammarenese league. Though only making 44 appearances, he managed 4 goals a handful of assists at a time when goals were hard to come by and was one of the key inspirations to the current 2040 crop of the golden generation of players that are now leading the team to greatness.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8519/96512934.jpg"]| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 117  | 1         | 5           | 6   | 6.91   |[/url]
|-----------------------|------|------|-----------|-------------|-----|--------|
[url="http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9551/24649436.jpg"]| Cristian Bernardi     | GK   | 103  |0(201)     | 1(22)       | 1   | 6.68   |[/url]
[url="http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6314/mattiaberardi.jpg"]| Mattia Berardi        | DRLC | 56   | 0         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
| Marco Berardi         | MC   | 44   | 4         | 5           | 1   | 6.58   |
[url="http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6592/wymj.jpg"]| Marcello Bianchi      | ST   | 49   | 7         | 4           | 2   | 6.79   |[/url]
[url="http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3325/z1d0.jpg"]| Andrea Casadei        | MLC  | 66   | 2         | 3           | 1   | 6.63   |[/url]
[url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4896/ceccoli.jpg"]| Alessandro Ceccoli    | DLC  | 59   | 0         | 1           | 0   | 6.47   |[/url]
| Michele Cervellini    | MC   | 53   | 1         | 1           | 0   | 6.17   |
[url="http://imageshack.us/f/521/tiziano.jpg/"]| Tiziano Colantonio    | AMR  | 39   | 0         | 3           | 1   | 6.38   |[/url]
| Matteo Della Valle    | DCR  | 76   | 1         | 5           | 5   | 7.03   |
[url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3751/francini.jpg"]| Fabio Francini        | MC   | 43   | 1         | 3           | 0   | 6.41   |[/url]
[url="http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7184/pelliccioni.jpg"]| Andrea Pelliccioni    | DC   | 131  | 14        | 5           | 32  | 7.51   |[/url]
| Francesco Riccio      | DR   | 51   | 2         | 0           | 0   | 6.49   |
[url="http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2765/righi.jpg"]| Mattia Righi          | ST   | 52   | 12        | 5           | 4   | 6.71   |[/url]
| Andy Selva            | ST   | 74   | 10        | 1           | 0   | N/A    |
| Aldo Junior Simoncini | GK   | 54   | 0(187)    | 0(2)        | 0   | 6.45   |
| Mattia Stefanelli     | ST   | 48   | 3         | 0           | 1   | N/A    |
| Dario Treccani        | MC   | 72   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.70   |
[url="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6/valentini.jpg"]| Alessandro Valentini  | MC   | 62   | 4         | 5           | 0   | 6.49   |[/url]
| Damiano Vannucci      | MC   | 67   | 0         | 0           | 0   | 5.55   |
[url="http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2011/venddrame.jpg"]| Devid Vendrame        | DMC  | 49   | 2         | 2           | 2   | 6.22   |[/url]
| Matteo Vitaioli       | MCL  | 56   | 4         | 1           | 1   | N/A    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

NT Update. 2018.

I think I forgot to post this somehow. I think it was largely down to my dissatisfaction with the Ass Man performances as I holidayed the friendlies, and my

dissatisfaction of my own management during the competitive games. We did however collect our 1st competitive point of my tenure in a 1-1 home draw against Faroe Islands, (without the injured Stefanelli). We took the lead through Marcello (2016). Should have won but could have lost near the end so all in all can't complain too much.

Played 8.

Won 0.

Drawn 1.

Lost 7.

Goals for 4.

Goals against 24.

The point picked up against the Faroes was not the only plus, as in the last game of the year we did well against a strong Estonia team, losing 4-2 after leading early on and then conceding late goals, (it's a bit of a pattern actually). Very realistic but also very frustrating. Still. At least we are moving in the right direction at last.

[insert swear-word here]

Crescentini (2018) has a U19 link next to his name on the National pool page. I thought that meant he had changed his mind and had agreed to represent San Marino. No such luck unfortunately.

He's in the Italian U19 squad, (at age 17).

Oh well. It's U21's and NT that count isn't he so it's not over yet.

[insert swear-word here]

Crescentini (2018) has a U19 link next to his name on the National pool page. I thought that meant he had changed his mind and had agreed to represent San Marino. No such luck unfortunately.

He's in the Italian U19 squad, (at age 17).

Oh well. It's U21's and NT that count isn't he so it's not over yet.

He is able to have as many full caps for Italy as he likes. As long as they are non-competitive (ie friendlies), he can still change his mind and represent San Marino.

For this reason I have not given up hope on Muratori. He has not only represented Italy on numerous occasions, but has even scored, yet he is still available for San Marino. I hope to secure him as long as he keeps being over looked for competitive matches.

leon. the reason I am not commenting on recent posts is that I am still trying to catch up on your exploits. Will get there over the weekend. ;)

Not a problem, I take a lot longer for updates these days as I spend more time on GTA, but They will keep coming, even if rather slowly. You are better off avoiding the Hall o fame and award sections until later on however as these are accumulative. I am considering omitting these every 5 years or so and keeping track off forum, so that I can get reports out quicker.

NT Update. 2019.

Record goal-scorer Stefanelli has been out of contract for a season, (after leaving us), but has just joined Borgo. They are now in C2/B as I think they were relegated the season we were promoted. They were rubbish anyway. He should at least be a regular starter there and be in reasonable form when I call upon him.

We beat Belize, (1-0) and we drew with the Dominican Republic, (1-1), but they were both friendlies and largely irrelevant. We had decent competitive performances but were not even close to winning until we absolutely smashed Lithuania 4-0 at home in Euro Qualifying. 2 goals each from Marcello (2016) & Berardi (2017) did the business but it was a real team effort. Rossi (2013) created 2 assists from the bench but Bonfini also had a great game on the right hand side. Lithuania were ranked 112th and we had somehow sneaked up to 206th. I am guessing a big competitive win like this will boost us up a bit.

It did indeed and we rose from 206th to 182nd. :)

That win was a HUGE shock to the system but we weren't lucky. We actually hit the post and had a goal chalked off for off-side. We literally tore them to shreds.

As if 1 competitive win wasn't enough, we then went and added a 2nd a month later as we beat Faroes in a 2-1 that was well deserved.

A friendly win against Dominica meant that we finished 2019 with 4 wins and a draw, and have scored in our last 6 matches, (including 2 against Norway).

The result of this is that we have somehow risen to.... 155th in the rankings.

Stefanelli is still his Countries all-time top scorer with 9 goals from 54 appearances, (pretty respectable all things considered).

He is soon to be eclipsed by the much improved 18yo Berardi (2017) who has now scored 8 International goals in just 20 games. I'm a bity gobsmacked by that. Astounded actually. I currently have him valued at £40M, (his real value is only £350,000), but still Sampdoria are still sniffing around for a co-ownership deal. he currently has 2 years left on his deal but I will be seeing if I can extend that. Why we have improved can easily be traced by looking at his stats. He has scored 4 goals and created 3 assists in just 8(1) Euro Qualifying games.

The other reason for our improvement was of course Marcello (2016). Although he hasn't created as much, (no assists and I'm a little surprised by that), he did weigh in with 4 goals from midfield in 10 Euro Qualifying games.

It's not just been down to our 2 best players though. Rossi (2013) chipped in with 1 goal and 3 assists in 5(3) appearances. He is the real surprise for me. He's really not got the class of the 2 mentioned above, but he is doing rather well, (now usually featuring from the bench), and that he now has 5 NT goals is brilliant. When you also consider that he has 6 assists in only... 43(6) appearances, I'm really happy with that. Rossi (2013) is one of the players that I obviously have a soft-spot for. He was the best youth player promoted during that 1st season and I will try to hang on to him as long as I can.

To show you the standard of the average player in the squad, Meluso played a key part in our success before injury ruled him out of the Belize game. His stats don't show it for some reason, (possibly because he is no longer in the NT Squad), but I have a feeling he was MOM in either the Lithuania or Faroes game, (and was good in both). he isn't really good enough for us now that we are in Serie B, (at least not if we want to get promoted), but he is doing better when he has featured this season and if I can coax him along and then maybe get him sold off to another professional team then that will be job done. I just don't want to see him vanish back into the obscurity of San Marinese non-league.

Censoni came in to replace Meluso and played his part well in a MOM performance, (and a goal), against Belize. As he was also MOM against.... someone else, (Faroes I think), he now has the NT record for most MOM award in 1 year. (That's right, 1 was the old record). lol

On the subject of these stats I am not sure how reliable they are because I am sure that Censoni scored from either a corner or a free-kick that was taken by Marcello (2016). He must have some assists. The game is wrong. (Mmmmm. I have just gone back and checked and apparantly not).

Season 2016/17

CLUB - Serie B - 10th

A decent first season in Serie B. I am looking to change most of the first team however and have signed up a number of new players to arrive when their contracts expire in the summer. I am hoping to bring in a decent amount of cash from player sales. Encouragingly two first teamers have come through this season from the youth team. In particular Manuel Casadei looks to be very promising and went straight into the first team aged 15.

League Table -

The Team

GK Enrico Cammaroto (Italian, 20 yrs) - Won his place in the team in October when Simonichi was injured. Too good to leave out.

RB Giacomo Guerra (San Marino, 16 yrs) - Came through the youth team in March. Going to give him a shot, reminds me of a younger Bologna.

CB Manuel Casadei (San Marino, 15 yrs) - Straight into the first team at 15 having come through the youth ranks. Averaged 7.60 over his 9 games.

CB Loris Bacchetti (Italian, 24 yrs) - Good centre-back will be sold in the summer most likely.

LB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 20 yrs) - Still quality and deservedly first team at club level.

RW Bakary Karamoko (French, 21 yrs) - Bought him just for the pace! Had to convert him to the right wing, not a centre-mid...

CM Simon Vukcevic (Serbian, 31 yrs) - Quality player but will be moved on.

CM Nejc Praprotnik (Slovenian, 24 yrs) - I am undecided as to whether Nejc will move on but unlikely to be first choice next year.

LW Luca Siligardi (Italian, 29 yrs) - Decent on the left wing but will probably be sold to make way for younger talent.

ST Robert Inglese (Italian, 25 yrs) - Another decent season but likely to join the exodus of the current squad.

ST Umberto Eusepi (Italian, 28 yrs) - A good goalscorer but set back by a bad injury last year.

INTERNATIONAL - FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying Group 2 - 6th

We picked up a point from Northern Ireland in the qualifying group but not a lot else to report. Both games against fellow no hopers Lithuania are yet to come so I hope to score a few more points there.

2016 Fixtures

2017 Fixtures

World Cup 2018 Qualification Group 2

World Ranking - 171st - Peaked at 156 but not much to shout about since, slowly slipping.

The Team

GK Aldo Junior Simoncini (San Marino, 30 yrs, 70 Caps) - Warming the bench for the club but still does okay for the national team.

RB [/url] (San Marino, 16 yrs, 0 Caps) - Will be blooded ASAP at international level, hopefully I can drive on his development.

CB Manue Casadei (San Marino, 15 yrs, 0 Caps) - The jewel in the crown for club and country.

CB Alberto Rossi (San Marino, 20 yrs, 36 Caps) - Previous star of the side. Doesn't get into the club side these days.

LB Alberto Bologna (San Marino, 20 yrs, 21 Caps) - The best international player for San Marino. Just wish he played a more crucial position.

RW Enrico Cibelli (Tre Penne, 29 yrs, 30 Caps) - Competes with clubless Luca Rossi for the right wing spot.

CM Marko Palazzi (San Marino, 30 yrs, 34 Caps/1 Goal) - Right back moved into midfield to strenghten here due to a decent players in this position.

CM Gerardo Perillo (Cosmos, 20 years, 0 Caps) - Much of a muchness with my other midfield choices. Perillo at least is young.

LW Andrea Venerucci (San Marino, 19 yrs, 15 Caps/1 Goal) - Not a lot of choice on the left wing.

ST Francesco Valentini (San Marino, 18 yrs, 6 Caps) - Adds a little pace alongside Stefanelli if I decide against playing a defensive midfielder.

ST Mattia Stefanelli (San Marino, 24 yrs, 32 Caps/1 Goal) - Target man leads the line. Had a good season of development but rarely more than a sub at club level.

23 games in an a 2-1 in over Pro Vercelli sees us take a 2 point advantage over Modena in the title race with 15 games to go. The table currently looks as so:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | San Marino     |       | 23    | 19    | 0     | 4     | 67    | 24    | +43   | 57    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Modena         |       | 23    | 17    | 4     | 2     | 42    | 11    | +31   | 55    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma           |       | 23    | 11    | 8     | 4     | 44    | 29    | +15   | 41    | 
| 4th   |       | Torino         |       | 23    | 12    | 3     | 8     | 31    | 29    | +2    | 39    | 
| 5th   |       | Lazio          |       | 23    | 11    | 4     | 8     | 49    | 34    | +15   | 37    | 
| 6th   |       | A.C. Milan     |       | 23    | 9     | 10    | 4     | 38    | 34    | +4    | 37    | 
| 7th   |       | Inter          |       | 23    | 11    | 2     | 10    | 40    | 37    | +3    | 35    | 
| 8th   |       | Juventus       |       | 23    | 8     | 8     | 7     | 35    | 27    | +8    | 32    | 
| 9th   |       | Cesena         |       | 23    | 7     | 7     | 9     | 33    | 32    | +1    | 28    | 
| 10th  |       | Alto Adige     |       | 23    | 7     | 7     | 9     | 31    | 45    | -14   | 28    | 
| 11th  |       | Parma          |       | 23    | 9     | 1     | 13    | 28    | 37    | -9    | 28    | 
| 12th  |       | Napoli         |       | 23    | 8     | 4     | 11    | 40    | 41    | -1    | 28    | 
| 13th  |       | Pro Vercelli   |       | 23    | 7     | 6     | 10    | 30    | 40    | -10   | 27    | 
| 14th  |       | Salernitana    |       | 23    | 8     | 3     | 12    | 26    | 42    | -16   | 27    | 
| 15th  |       | Ascoli         |       | 23    | 6     | 9     | 8     | 31    | 40    | -9    | 27    | 
| 16th  |       | Genoa CFC      |       | 23    | 7     | 5     | 11    | 26    | 43    | -17   | 26    | 
| 17th  |       | Varese         |       | 23    | 6     | 5     | 12    | 35    | 41    | -6    | 23    | 
| 18th  |       | Bologna        |       | 23    | 6     | 5     | 12    | 35    | 49    | -14   | 23    | 
| 19th  |       | ACF Fiorentina |       | 23    | 5     | 6     | 12    | 25    | 42    | -17   | 21    | 
| 20th  |       | Palermo        |       | 23    | 5     | 5     | 13    | 29    | 38    | -9    | 20    | 

There is a huge 14 point gap to third, so at least top 2 is virtually guaranteed at this stage. Old rivals Juventus seem to have dropped oh this year as they sit in 8th, while Torino prove the surprise package so far this season sitting in 4th, behind Roma.

At the other end, the relegation fight could prove tough as 8 points separates 9th from 20th. The final 15 games will be an interesting roller-coaster story.

The critical game of the season is here. Modena v San Marino.

Currently the standings are as follows:

Modena......31...73...+44

San Marino..32...73...+45

With just 6 games to go. This game could potentially split us up by 3 points. The slight advantage at this stage of the season could prove the difference, so as a result, I will provide an update for this match.

First Half

Modena dominated early and it showed with a 4th minute goal to Albarraccin. Though we levelled out the match over the next 20 minutes, Mannini showed his class to strike a well times volley and put Modena 2-0 up. With 5 shots apiece it was a little disheartening to see the scoreline as it was not truly reflective of our performance. Bishop stood out best chance of the half as he struck just wide with a very good driving shot late in the half, but the scoreline remained 2-0 as 45 minutes past.

Second Half

The second half saw us create more chances and we really controlled the match for most of the half, our lack of accuracy letting us down as we failed to hit the target with a single shot. I decided Muratori and Benvenuti were not working dangerously together so went for the experience of Lopez up front and Zumbi in the middle. The impact looked immediate as we struck with our first on target shot, only for it to be ruled out. I was happy with the impact and held some hope of a fight back with 35 minutes left, but the goal chalked off seemed to work in the other direction for the team as it led to lapses in concentration and finally, to conceding a 3rd goal. A late flurry saw us strike twice through Fowler and Muratori though it was enough as we couldn't get another in the final few seconds.

The game ended 3-2 and the slump hit us hard as we saw ourselves move 3 points adrift, and Modena having a game in hand. we had just 5 games to go while Modena had 6, and the gap was looming large over us.

• 2 weeks later...

Club 2041-42

Season Review

We had made a good start to the second half of the season, but Modena kept pace, as the pack struggled to keep up. Modena pounced on a a poor run of form as we lost 2-1 to Juventus before Modena took the top of the table with a 3-2 win over us. Napoli beat us in the following game to give us 3 losses within 5 matches and give modena a 5 point buffer atop the ladder. Champions League was also not going in our favour as we lost 3-2 to Athletico, but held out on aggregate. We then struggled for a 3-3 draw with Chelsea in the Semi Final first leg, before succumbing on aggregate after drawing 0-0 away in the second leg.

We managed to win our remaining 3 matches including a 2-0 win over Lazio, however it wasn't enough as Modena held on to win the title back with 86 points, while we were behind by just 1 point on 85. Though Moedan wrestled the title away from us, you can be sure we will be back next season. Before that happened though, we had the chance to exact revenge on Modena in the Italian Cup final. A reply of last seasons, and one we came out fired for as we beat them off 3-1 to go back to back in the Italian Cup.

League Table

Benvenuti and Muratori shone brightly for us this season as they hit 29 and 24 respectivley. Ivo and Lopez also chipped in with 12 and 10 to round out our double figures while Connola managed 9 from the backline.

Seguin and Angelini both made the Serie A Goalkeeper of the year, coming first and third respectivley, to show how dominant we were between the sticks. While Macagno and Connola dominated the Defensive, Italian and Serie A players of the year, coming first and second in all three catagories. As a result, both where in the team of the year to round out a top season, while Muratori came runner up in the Young player of the year award.

Squad

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name              | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Philippe Seguin   | 33      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 84%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.02   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Int  | Paolo Bindi       | 28 (4)  | 2    | 7    | 1    | 79%  | 7.55 | 1.32 | 38%  | 5    | 0    | 7.39   | 
| DCR  | Int  | Franco Macagno    | 51      | 5    | 5    | 10   | 73%  | 4.06 | 0.94 | 69%  | 5    | 0    | 7.76   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Gennaro Connola   | 46 (1)  | 9    | 4    | 6    | 77%  | 2.29 | 0.42 | 58%  | 5    | 0    | 7.61   | 
| DL   | Int  | Alessandro Mamone | 45 (3)  | 4    | 10   | 1    | 75%  | 6.21 | 2.03 | 41%  | 5    | 0    | 7.23   | 
| DMC  | Int  | Nicola Mularoni   | 36 (3)  | 4    | 11   | 4    | 75%  | 6.14 | 0.46 | 50%  | 6    | 1    | 7.31   | 
| MCR  | Int  | Ivo               | 34 (8)  | 12   | 9    | 6    | 78%  | 6.12 | 0.82 | 48%  | 5    | 0    | 7.48   | 
| MC   | Hol  | Guillermo Guevara | 18 (7)  | 5    | 6    | 0    | 74%  | 5.15 | 0.93 | 46%  | 0    | 0    | 7.23   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | Zumbi             | 25 (12) | 5    | 4    | 0    | 84%  | 5.33 | 1.19 | 36%  | 7    | 0    | 7.06   | 
| STCR | Hol  | Aitor López       | 19 (16) | 10   | 3    | 0    | 78%  | 2.36 | 0.91 | 49%  | 3    | 1    | 7.12   | 
| STCL | Int  | Davide Muratori   | 38 (4)  | 24   | 10   | 4    | 72%  | 2.34 | 0.72 | 60%  | 1    | 0    | 7.52   | 
| S1   | Int  | Aldo Angelini     | 23      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 91%  | 0.04 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.04   | 
| S2   | Int  | Alex Benvenuti    | 46 (3)  | 29   | 22   | 2    | 76%  | 2.20 | 1.51 | 50%  | 7    | 0    | 7.40   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Leonel Bogao      | 12 (7)  | 1    | 2    | 0    | 77%  | 5.18 | 1.09 | 25%  | 1    | 0    | 7.11   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Bruno Fioretti    | 24 (8)  | 0    | 3    | 0    | 85%  | 6.43 | 0.62 | 23%  | 0    | 0    | 7.20   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Andy Beill        | 1 (3)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 74%  | 4.63 | 0.66 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.73   | 
| S6   | Trv  | Paul Fowler       | 35 (7)  | 8    | 8    | 0    | 74%  | 6.10 | 0.97 | 49%  | 11   | 2    | 7.36   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Gerardo Micco     | 3 (16)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 71%  | 3.26 | 0.36 | 25%  | 1    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| S8   | Int  | Marco Bollini     | 0 (2)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 70%  | -    | -    | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
| S9   | Trv  | Simon Bishop      | 30 (4)  | 6    | 9    | 2    | 78%  | 7.35 | 1.03 | 43%  | 7    | 0    | 7.52   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Periklis Sapounas | 32 (12) | 2    | 4    | 3    | 75%  | 2.31 | 0.41 | 57%  | 1    | 0    | 7.27   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Joe Strain        | 22 (11) | 5    | 3    | 0    | 82%  | 5.28 | 1.10 | 42%  | 8    | 2    | 7.07   | 
| S12  | Hol  | Walter Leotta     | 6 (6)   | 2    | 2    | 0    | 78%  | 1.44 | 0.57 | 43%  | 1    | 0    | 6.99   | 
| -    | Hol  | Yao Traoré        | 9 (6)   | 0    | 3    | 0    | 76%  | 5.29 | 1.27 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 7.17   | 
|      |      |                   |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

Club Honours

[b][u]Under 20's[/b][/u]
[i]Under 20's Group 1 Runners Up[/i]      - 2038-39, 2039-40
[i]Under 20's Group 1 Champions[/i]       - 2034-35, 2036-37
[i]Under 20's Cup Runners Up[/i]          - 2026-27
[i]Under 20's Cup Champions[/i]           - 2038-39, 2039-40

[b][u]Serie C1/A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie C1/A Third Place[/i]             - 2015-16

[b][u]Serie B[/b][/u]
[i]Serie B Runners Up[/i]                 - 2021-22 

[b][u]Serie A[/b][/u]
[i]Serie A Third Place[/i]                - 2036-37, 2037-38
[i]Serie A Runners Up[/i]                 - 2026-27, 2029-30, 2031-32, 2041-42
[i]Serie A Champions[/i]                  - 2030-31. 2034-35, 2035-36, 2038-39, 2039-40, 2040-41

[b][u]Italian Cups[/b][/u]
[i]Italian Cup Champions[/i]              - 2028-29, 2029-30, 2034-35, 2035-36, 2040-41, 2041-42
[i]Italian Cup Runners Up[/i]             - 2032-33
[i]Italian Super Cup Champions[/i]        - 2031-32, 2035-36, 2036-37, 2039-40, 2040-41, 2041-42
[i]Italian Super Cup Runners Up[/i]       - 2029-30, 2030-31

[b][u]European Leagues[/b][/u]
[i]Champions League Champions[/i]         - 2037-38
[i]Europa League Champions[/i]            - 2028-29, 2031-32
[i]European Super Cup Champions[/i]       - 2029-30
[i]European Super Cup Runners Up[/i]      - 2032-33

[b][u]World Tournaments[/b][/u]
[i]Club World Championship Runners Up[/i] - 2038-39

Player Awards

[b][u]Wins[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i] 	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/5/topgoalscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
[i]Player of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]	          - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/819/playeroftheseason.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/7/playeroftheyearm.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2015-16)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie C1/A[/i]               - Davide Poletti       (2012-13)            
                                         - Francesco Di Tacchio ([b]2013-14[/b]), ([b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2014-15[/url][/b]), ([b][url="http://imageshack.us/f/685/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]2015-16[/url][/b])
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/831/teamoftheyear.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)[/url]

Serie B

[i]Capocannoniere Serie B[/i]                    - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/255/topscorer.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
[i]Team of the Year Serie B[/i]                  - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/707/teamoftheyearh.jpg/"]Frederico Laurito    (2019-20)[/url]
                                         - [url="http://imageshack.us/f/713/teamoftheyearn.jpg/"]Frencesco Di Tacchio (2020-21)[/url]
[i]Serie B Goal of the Year[/i]                  - Givestin N'Suki      (2021-22)  

Serie A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - [url="http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/833/topscorerx.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
                                         - Alex Benvenuti       (2039-40)
[i]Team of the Year Serie A[/i]                  - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7969/teamoftheyeard.jpg"][b](2025-26)[/b][/url], [b][url="http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2026-27)[/url][/b], [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url], (2035-36)
                                         - Franco Macagno       [url="http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2031-32)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38)
                                                                (2038-39), (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
                                         - Simongiorgio Marini  [b][url="http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2028-29)[/url][/b], [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2029-30)[/url], [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9854/teamoftheyear.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Alex Benventuti      (2035-36), (2039-40)
                                         - Paolo Bindi          (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38), (2039-40)
                                         - Aldo Angelini        (2036-37), (2037-38), (2038-39)
                                         - Gennaro Cannola      (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
                                         - Paul Fowler          (2039-40)
                                         - Zumbi                (2039-40)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9201/foreignplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Guillermo Grille     [url="http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7887/foreign.jpg"](2030-31)[/url]
                                         - Zumbi                (2040-41)
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                         - [url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5606/youngplayeroftheyear.jpg"]Macelo Olivari       (2027-28)[/url]
                                         - Paolo Bindi          (2040-41)
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5555/manageroftheyear.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2027-28)[/url], (2031-32), (2035-36)
[i]Serie A Fair Play Player of the Year[/i]      - [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/673/schneiderh.jpg"]Tino Schneider       (2030-31)[/url]
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Philippe Seguin      (2031-32), (2035-36), (2041-42)
                                         - Aldo Angelini        (2036-37), (2038-39), (2039-40)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38)
                                                                (2038-39), (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]Serie A Fans Player of the Year Award[/i]     - Franco Macagno       (2033-34), (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38), (2038-39), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - Franco Macagno       (2035-36), (2036-37), (2038-39), (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2035-36), (2036-37), (2038-39), (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)

International

Africa
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4771/africanfootballerofthey.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2029-30), (2032-33)
[i]African All XI Team of the Year[/i]           - Marlon Bovu [url="http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9766/africaxi.jpg"][b]         (2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8910/africanteamoftheyear.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34)
                                                                (2035-36), (2036-37)
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2033-34)
[i]Broadcaster's African Footballer the Year[/i] - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2030-31), (2031-32), (2032-33)
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2029-30), (2032-33), (2036-37)

Europe
[i]European Golden Boy Award[/i]                 - Franco Macagno       (2031-32)
                                         - [url="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4666/europeangoldenboyaward.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2023-24)[/url]
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7239/goldenshow.jpg"]Ruud Nieuwenhuis     (2025-26)[/url]
[i]European Player of the Year Award[/i]         - Franco Macagno       [b][url="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4981/bestplayerineuripe.jpg"](2034-35)[/b][/url]

[i]Champions League Golden Shoe Award[/i]        - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)
[i]Champions League Dream Team[/i]               - Ross Hemmings        (2033-34)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2034-35), (2037-38)
                                         - Aldo Angelini        (2037-38)
                                         - Paolo Bindi          (2037-38)
                                         - Gennaro Cannola      (2041-42)
[i]Champions League Best Player[/i]              - Franco Macagno       (2034-35), (2037-38)

[b][u]Runner Up[/u][/b]

Serie C1/A

[i]Capocannoniere Serie C1/A[/i]	          - Frederico Laurito    (2014-15)
[i]Serie C1/A Manager of the Year Award[/i]      - Leon Breakenridge    [b][url="http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7072/manju.jpg"](2013-14)[/b][/url], [b](2015-16)[/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Player of the Year Award[/i]          - [url="http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2025-26)[/url], (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2033-34), (2034-35)
                                         - Alex Benventuti      (2040-41)
[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Jose Borges          (2026-27)[/url]
                                         - Guillermo Grille     (2031-32) 
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3581/runnerup.jpg"]Leon Breakenridge    (2026-27)[/url], (2036-37), (2039-40), (2041-42)
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Alessandro Mamone    (2040-41)
                                         - Davide Muratori      (2041-42)
[i]Capocannoniere Serie A[/i]                    - Guillermo Grille     (2030-31)
[i]Serie A Italian Player of the Year Award[/i]  - Franco Macagno       (2031-32), (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2037-38)
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year[/i]            - Aldo Angelini        (2037-38)
                                                - Phillippe Seguin     (2040-41)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - Gennaro Cannola      (2041-42)

International

Africa
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          [url="http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5673/africa2nd.jpg"][b](2026-27)[/b][/url], [url="http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/482/africanmidfielderrunenr.jpg"][b](2027-28)[/b][/url], (2030-31), (2031-32), (2034-35)
[i]African Player of the Year Award[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2034-35)

Europe
[i]European Player of the Year Award[/i]         - Franco Macagno       (2035-36), (2038-39)
[i]European Golden Shoe Award[/i]                - Alex Benvenuti       (2040-41)

[b][u]Third Place[/u][/b]

Serie A

[i]Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Award[/i]  - [url="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9707/borgesbovuforeignplayer.jpg"]Marlon Bovu          (2026-27)[/url], (2036-37)
[i]Serie A Young Player of the Year Award[/i]    - Ruud Nieuwemhuis     (2025-26)
[i]Serie A Defender of the Year Award[/i]        - [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8396/defender3rdplaceseriea.jpg"][b]Tomaso Surano        (2027-28)[/b][/url]
                                         - Mussa M'ong          (2031-32) 
                                         - Paolo Bindi          (2039-40) 
                                         - Gennaro Cannola      (2040-41)
[i]Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year Award[/i]      - Philippe Seguin      [url="http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3313/goalkeeeroftheyear3rd.jpg"](2029-30)[/url]
                                                - Aldo Angelini        (2041-42)
[i]Serie A Manager of the Year Award[/i]         - Leon Breakenridge    (2032-33), (2040-41)

International

Africa
[i]African Midfielder of the Year Award[/i]      - Marlon Bovu          (2033-34)

[b][u]World[/b][/u]
[i]Ballon D'or Winner[/i]                        - Franco Macagno       (2039-40)
[i]Ballon D'or Runner up[/i]                     - Franco Macagno       (2034-35), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]Ballon D'or Third Place[/i]                   - Franco Macagno       (2033-34)
[i]Ballon D'or Nomination Shortlist[/i]          - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32), (2032-33)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38), (2038-39)
                                                                (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]World Player of the Year Runner up[/i]        - Franco Macagno       (2034-35), (2039-40), (2040-41)
[i]World Player of the Year Third Place[/i]      - Franco Macagno       (2033-34), (2035-36)
[i]World Team of the Year[/i]                    - Marlon Bovu          (2031-32)
                                         - Franco Macagno       (2032-33), (2033-34), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2036-37), (2037-38), (2038-39)
                                                                (2039-40), (2040-41), (2041-42)
[i]World Cup Young Player of the Tournament[/i]  - Paolo Bindi          (2038)

Club Achievements

Highest League Placing            - 1st Serie A                                     (2030-31), (2034-35), (2035-36), (2038-39), (2039-40), (2040-41)
Most Club Appearances             - Jose Borges 637                                 (2036-37)
Most League Appearances           - Jose Borges 529                                 (2036-37)
Most Club Goals                   - Ruud Nieuwenhuis 273                            (2034-35)
Most League Goals                 - Frederico Laurito 223                           (2023-24)
Most Club Assists                 - Marlon Bovu 172                                 (2040-41)
Most League Assists               - Marlon Bovu 129                                 (2040-41)
Most Club Player of the Match     - Franco Macagno 142                              (2041-42)
Most League Player of the Match   - Franco Macagno 90                               (2041-42)
Highest League Rating in a Season - Franco Macagno 8.32 (38 appearances) (Serie A)  (2039-40)
Highest Club Rating in a season   - Franco Macagno 8.23 (49 appearances) (Serie A)  (2039-40)
Highest Transfer Fee Paid         - Simon Bishop, Manchester City, £19,500,000      (2036-37) 
Highest Sammarinese Transfer      - Francesco Mularoni, Ascoli, £3,200,000          (2035-36)
Highest Club Transfer             - Marcelo Olivari, Real Madrid, £15,500,000       (2027-28)
Highest Attendance 	          - 43,520 v Roma (Serie A)                         (2034-35)
Highest Average Attendance        - 43,376                                          (2036-37)
Highest Gate Receipts 	          - £1,950,000 v CFR Cluj (Champions League)        (2034-35)
Fastest goal 	                  - 14 seconds Frederico Laurito v Empoli (Serie B) (2016-17)
Biggest Win 	                  - 8-2 v Crotone (Serie A)                         (2038-39)
Consecutive Wins                  - 9                                               (2039-40)
Games Without Losing              - 35                                              (2034-35)
Most Goals in Serie B Record      - 107                                             (2020-21)
Team points in Serie A            - 100                                             (2040-41)
Youngest Player in Serie A        - Andrea Giacobbi v Roma (15 Years 233 Days)      (2025-26)

100+ Appearances for San Marino Since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps |
|----------------------|------|------|
| Jose Borges          | DCM  | 637  |
| Marlon Bovu          | AMC  | 615  |
| Tino Schneider       | MC   | 588  |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | DLC  | 579  |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 564  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  |
| Luigi Bertolini      | DC   | 486  |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 460  |
| Nicola Mularoni*     | DMC  | 438  |
| Philippe Seguin*     | GK   | 427  |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  |
| Mussa M'ong          | DC   | 418  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  |
| Alex Benvenuti*      | ST   | 363  |
| Alessandro Grilli    | GK   | 353  |
| Paul Fowler*         | MC   | 341  |
| Gennaro Connola*     | DC   | 337  |
| Guillermo Grille     | ST   | 325  |
| Formiga              | DR   | 318  |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  |
| Alessio Luciani      | DCLR | 303  |
| Dirk Stahl           | D/DMC| 303  |
| Aldo Angelini*       | GK   | 291  |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  |
| Paolo Bindi*         | DR   | 285  |
| Simon Bishop*        | MLC  | 283  |
| Erik Cabalceta       | CB   | 259  |
| Alessandro Mamone*   | DL   | 250  |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  |
| Ross Hemmings        | ST   | 212  |
| Davide Muratori*     | ST   | 206  |
| Guillermo Guevara*   | MC   | 202  |
| Denis Bellotto       | MCR  | 170  |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  |
| Vittorio Micolucci   | DLC  | 145  |
| Emanuele Allegra     | RB   | 144  |
| Giovanni Caruso      | MC   | 142  |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  |
| Matteo Paro          | DMC  | 134  |
| Pol Garcia           | DC   | 133  |
| Bruno Fioretti*      | DM   | 132  |
| Gabriele Pacciardi   | DMC  | 130  |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  |
| Luicana Fala         | ST   | 124  |
| Carlo Pelagatti      | DRC  | 123  |
| Mauricio Ciminari    | DMC  | 120  |
| Francesco Lunardini  | DMC  | 118  |
| Francesco Signori    | DCM  | 117  |
| Mattia Minesso       | AMC  | 112  |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 100+

20+ Club Goals since 2012

| Name                 | Pos  | Apps | League | Club | 
|----------------------|------|------|--------|------|
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 218    | 273  |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 223    | 238  |
| Alex Benvenuti*      | ST   | 363  | 134    | 184  |
| Guillermo Grille     | ST   | 325  | 97     | 137  |
| Marlon Bovu          | AMC  | 615  | 99     | 135  |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 564  | 87     | 113  |
| Tino Schneider       | MC   | 588  | 69     | 81   |
| Davide Muratori*     | ST   | 206  | 51     | 74   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 70     | 73   |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 460  | 65     | 72   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 65     | 69   |
| Ross Hemmings        | ST   | 212  | 38     | 67   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 55     | 56   |
| Guillermo Guevara*   | MC   | 202  | 39     | 51   |
| Paul Fowler*         | MC   | 341  | 41     | 50   |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  | 32     | 50   |
| Gennaro Connola*     | DC   | 337  | 35     | 41   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 37     | 38   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 30     | 38   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 37     | 37   |
| Luciano Fala         | ST   | 124  | 29     | 37   |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  | 28     | 37   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 35     | 36   |
| Simon Bishop*        | MLC  | 283  | 32     | 38   |
| Ademir               | ST   | 140  | 20     | 32   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 23     | 29   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 26     | 28   |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | DLC  | 579  | 23     | 28   |
| Jose Borges          | DCM  | 637  | 23     | 26   |
| Marcelo Olivari      | ST   | 54   | 20     | 24   |
| Nicola Mularoni+     | DM   | 438  | 18     | 21   |
| Mattia Maggio        | ST   | 105  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club Assists since 2012

| Marlon Bovu          | AMC  | 615  | 129    | 172  |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 109    | 114  |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 72     | 98   |
| Alex Benvenuti*      | ST   | 363  | 75     | 87   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 82     | 85   |
| Jose Borges          | DCM  | 637  | 75     | 83   |
| Paul Fowler*         | MC   | 341  | 53     | 71   |
| Nicola Mularoni*     | DM   | 438  | 56     | 71   |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | DLC  | 579  | 55     | 70   |
| Nico Bochini         | AMC  | 421  | 53     | 70   |
| Alessandro Mamone*   | DL   | 250  | 54     | 67   |
| Paolo Bindi*         | DR   | 285  | 40     | 67   |
| Zumbi*               | MC   | 460  | 46     | 67   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 52     | 61   |
| Tino Schneider       | MC   | 588  | 42     | 60   |
| Formiga              | DR   | 318  | 39     | 58   |
| Guillermo Grille     | ST   | 325  | 39     | 57   |
| Simon Bishop*        | MC   | 283  | 42     | 51   |
| Givestin N'Suki      | ST   | 236  | 43     | 44   |
| Dejan Danza          | MC   | 288  | 40     | 41   |
| Davide Muratori*     | ST   | 206  | 28     | 41   |
| Guillermo Guevara*   | MC   | 202  | 29     | 40   |
| Luis Gustavo         | ST   | 216  | 28     | 38   |
| Nicola Girolamo      | LCB  | 291  | 37     | 37   |
| Marco Bianchi        | DRLC | 286  | 35     | 36   |
| Edoardo Pozzi        | MCL  | 314  | 32     | 35   |
| Ross Hemmings        | ST   | 212  | 30     | 35   |
| Arturo Lupoli        | ST   | 127  | 32     | 32   |
| Gennaro Connola*     | DC   | 337  | 26     | 31   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 19     | 30   |
| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 564  | 20     | 27   |
| Dirk Stahl           | D/DMC| 303  | 17     | 27   |
| Leandro              | ST   | 129  | 24     | 24   |
| Marco Villanova      | AMLR | 126  | 22     | 22   |
| Giacomo Tedesco      | DRC  | 155  | 20     | 20   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

20+ Club PoM since 2012

| Franco Macagno*      | DC   | 564  | 90     | 142  |
| Marlon Bovu          | AMC  | 615  | 46     | 59   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis     | ST   | 491  | 47     | 54   |
| Frederico Laurito    | ST   | 403  | 50     | 52   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | MC   | 419  | 37     | 37   |
| Tomaso Surano        | DC   | 487  | 24     | 32   |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | DLC  | 579  | 23     | 31   |
| Jose Borges          | DMC  | 637  | 19     | 25   |
| Guillermo Grille     | ST   | 325  | 19     | 25   |
| Luca Petrucci        | MC   | 474  | 20     | 23   |
| Alex Benvenuti*      | ST   | 363  | 17     | 23   |
| Gennaro Connola+     | DC   | 337  | 17     | 23   |
| Tino Schneider       | MC   | 588  | 18     | 21   |

*In the current squad
+New to the list of 20+

Fans Player of the Year awards

Name                   Year                Total
|----------------------|-------------------|------|
| Franco Macagno       | 2031-42           | 11   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio | 2015-18, 2019/20  | 4    |
| Jose Borges          | 2021-25           | 4    |
| Marlon Bovu          | 2025/26, 2027-29  | 3    |
| Eric Cabalceta       | 2018/19           | 1    |
| Dejan Danza          | 2020/21           | 1    |
| Vittorio Ferrero     | 2013/14           | 1    |
| Guillermo Grille     | 2030/31           | 1    |
| Federico Laurito     | 2014/15           | 1    |
| Simongiorgio Marini  | 2029/30           | 1    |
| Davide Poletti       | 2012/13           | 1    |
| Tomaso Surano        | 2026/27           | 1    |

Overall Best XI

Zumbi was added to the Overall Best XI

San Marino Legends - The Hall of Fame

Every Season, I will nominate 1-3 players to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. You may only be inducted in to the Hall of Fame once a player has retired or they have passed their peak. In very few circumstances will active/current national team players be added. There is no minimum requirement as it is based on ability, performance, relevance and significance of appearances, not the appearance number or goals scored. Each inductee will be given a brief description of their role and purpose of induction.

Statistics provided in Alphabetical order whilst brief is in induction order.

Class of 2025-26

1. Frederico Laurito (Player 2012-2025, Staff 2025-Present) Stats Career Staff

The most prolific scorer the club has seen and a one time leader in all time appearances. Vice captain for many years, he was loyal and with the club through its growth from Serie C1/A though to Serie A, picking up awards such as Top Goal scorer along the way. Is now a part of the backroom staff and looking to continue on with the club for many more years to come.

2. Francesco Di Tacchio (Player 2013-2026, Staff 2026-Present) Stats Career Staff

Captain from Serie C1/A to Serie A, the all time leading caps for the club, Di Tacchio was a loyal member of the team and family. Well respected and picking up awards throughout his career, there are none more greater than the 4 Fans Player of the Year awards he has received by the fans of the club. One of the All time greats continues on as a backroom staff member.

Class of 2026-27

3. Davide Poletti (Player 2009-2014, Staff 2014-Present) Stats Career Staff

Though he was only working with me for a short time as a player, he was our inaugural captain under my management and was our best player, making the Serie C1/A team of the year, Winning Serie C1/A Player of the Year and taking the Fans Player of the Year award. He then went on to become the u20's manager, keeping him at the club and has been involved in raising such players as Bertolini who is a future Hall of Fame candidate himself. His contribution to the team has been both on and off the field and as such, will be inducted as both a player and staff member in to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2027-28

4. Alessio Luciani (Player 2013-2019, Player/Coach 2022-2028, Staff 2028-Present) Stats Career Staff

Spent two long spells a the club, becoming one of the most capped and well respected payers the club has seen. With us from the Serie C1/A all the way through to the Serie A, he was able to command a place in the first team up until his last few years, when he became a bench and backup player. Was able to carry on until he was 37, sharing his playing career with a Reserve's Manager role for 6 seasons, now continuing this role at San Marino into his retirement. Able to play all across the backline, he became the bench mark of the ultimate defender at the club and was often revered as one of the clubs best ever, most solid defenders.

5. Dejan Danza (Player 2014-2026) Career

One of our most prolific midfielders, Danza was amazing through the early stage of San Marino, up until the Serie A. He was always able to find the right pass and ended his career with 41 assists for San Marino. Better still, he was also very good from the edge of the area and managed 38 goals for the club, some of which proved vital throughout his career. One of the best all round players to pull on a San Marino Jersey and rightly added to the Hall of Fame.

Class of 2028-29

6. Marco Villanova (Player 2010-2019) Career

Villanova was one of the first fan favourites at San Marino, spending a couple of years at the club before and after I took charge. Was absolutely amazing in his opening 2 seasons as he dominated the charts for both assists and goals and controlled the Serie C1/A side along with Di Tacchio as one of the key contributors. As San Marino improved to the Serie B, Villanova lost his footing in the side and as our shape changed from one utilising wingers to one more focused down the middle, his role went from limited to none and he was loaned out for his last 2 years of his contract. Upon its expiring, he decided not to renew his contract and instead left to retire from the game at just 27 years of age. Despite his swift fall from grace, in 4 to 5 years of the 9 he spent at San Marino, he was truly one of the sides most gifted and best players

7. Matteo Paro (Player 2012-2018) Career Staff

With us for only 6 years, Paro was the heart and sole of the team and really shone when utilised in his favoured Defensive Midfield role. In fact, Paro's ability to supply and control the tempo of the match from this position is what led us to change the structure of the team and head in the direction of an anchor in midfield. To say the team was structured around him is an understatement as he was the leader before Di Tacchio took over, and is one of the main reasons the club rose from Serie C1/A to the Serie B so quickly. He retired and continues in the sport today as a Director of Football for Juve Stabia. He may one day come back to the club in the back room, but until then, will go down as a legend and pioneer of the San Marino midfield and the style of play we utilise today.

8. Carlo Pelagatti (Player 2010-2019) Career

Was at the club before I arrived and was one of the first players to lead from the back line. He helped create a solid defence in the early seasons and was one of our most solid defenders in our push for Serie B football. He struggled with the step up though and become a reserve in his final seasons, making only one Serie B appearance, but remained loyal to the club and fulfilled his contract obligations with no complaints. He decided to retire at just 30 once his contract was not renewed as he was now struggling to keep up with players around him, but his role in the Serie C1/A side will not be forgotten.

Class of 2029-30

9. Gabriele Pacciardi (Player 2012-2017) Career

Had a stay of 5 years, but in that time proved to be a great distributor of the ball and a very consistent performer. 3 of those seasons where successful first team positions as a key player, whilst one was as a provider and rotational distributor. Gained no great accolades but managed 14 assists in his 4 seasons as one of our defensive holding players, including one season alongside Paro as our defence helped us with Promotion. A key ingredient and one of the star players during our mediocre seasons, his only fault was being part of the side in the twilight years of his career. Had he been hear during his younger years and peak, he could of become an icon, if not a legend. Retired from all facets of the game at 33 but still supports us through the media from time to time.

10. Vittorio Ferrero (Player 2011-2015) Career Staff

A fantastic defensive unit in our backline who did a lot in his short stint at the club. Though his tenure was only 4 seasons, 3 under me, he was inspirational and even took home the the Fans Player of the Year Award. Our goals and ambitions differed and he left for Pro Patria before successful stints at Andria and Catanzaro. Though his career remained at Serie C football, he was one of our key players, especially over his last 2 seasons and his love from the fans for such solid performances was undeniable. He has gone on to be a manager, currently at Venezia.

Class of 2030-31

11. Erik Cabalceta (Player 2016-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Career Staff

Was at one time our first choice defender, proving a capable and solid Serie B and A player. In his stay at the club, he had 11 years total at Titani wih 7 great seasons, however towards the latter pat of his career, as the side started to push for higher positions as well, he became out of favour and players deemed stronger in the central defence where brought in to tighten the back line. His worthiness was evident in his 259 appearances, as well as his Fans Player of the Year Award, which he got in 2018-19 and is only the second defender to do so. Would not be out of place at his peak in the team of today and enters the hall of fame only just being ousted from the starting overall XI as of last season by a future hall of famer in Surano.

Class of 2031-32

12. Edoardo Pozzi (Player 2017-2030) Stats Career

A very stable player who managed to always do enough to hang around. Was always a threat and a compatible player in the midfield, able to slip back into the defensive midfield role if required. Was a starter for much of his time with us, but became a capable bench player and proved to be handy as an impact player as his career moved on. May be forgotten by many for his head down and behind the scenes attitude, but definitely one of the cogs that ticked in San Marino's rise to the top. A place in the Hall of Fame is that his efforts will not be forgotten.

13. Marco Bianchi (Player 2018-2027, Staff 2027-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed when he was entering his peak and showed his skill with his ability to defend all across the back line, but also to get a lot of assists from defence. This was a trend we exploited, and as a result of his great abilities, it is a tactic we still use to this day, 5 years after his retirement. He amassed 36 assists in less than 300 games from the backline and at the time of his retirement, was our most prolific defender in creating opportunities. Was heavily missed but has since stayed on and helps the younger players from time to time as a scout and with the tactics that made him a San Marino Hall of Famer.

Class of 2032-33

14. Luigi Bertolini (Player 2012-2031, Staff 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

An absolute legend for both club and country, he will definitely go down as one of the best to play for the side ever. He was always solid and a key component for 20 years, even playing 14 Serie A games in his final season for an average rating of 7.23. He was head and shoulders above the rest of Sammarinese products, not just from his generation, but from all players as he is the only player to be a consistent starter in a top league, which was ranked 2nd behind the Premier League during his time.

A youth Product who played with the team from Serie C1/A all the way through to winning the league in the Serie A in his final season, was fiercely loyal and will forever be remembered as the heart and sole of his club and country. He was lucky enough to be named captain sporadically throughout his career, including a few games of, as well as the final game of their first and only Serie A title to day. More than just an Icon, he is a legend and plans are afoot to erect a statue at the stadium, to be unveiled at the opening of the newly to be created grandstand next season.

Class of 2033-34

15. Alessandro Grilli (Player 2016-2030) Stats Career

He was our first choice keeper for a decade and as of 2034, is still our best ever keeper to date. Was an amazing contributor to the team and saved us many a time in our push from Serie B towards a Serie A title challenger. was loaned out as the team got bigger, but remained loyal and was at the club until his retirement, after starting out a young, budding keeper in our first Serie B campaign. Will take a lot of pushing to move from between the sticks, but if that day does ever come, he will always hold a place in the hearts of the San Marino faithful as one of the best shot stopper to wear the Azzuri e Blanco.

Class of 2034-35

16. Luca Petrucci (Player 2016-2031, Coach 2031-Present) Stats Career Staff

One of the all time geats, Petrucci was from the era where San Marino started to make a name for themselves thanks to the likes of players like himself, Di Tacchio and Laurito who all spent at least the 6 years in Serie B through to San Marino competing in Europe and for the title. The Australian was plucked from obscurity at AIS and went on to reach 474 total appearances, at one point leading the clubs all time charts both overall and in league matches played. A great all round player who could also play on the right, Petrucci dominated midfield managing 69 goals and 61 assists for the club, as well as 76 caps and for goals for Australia. His final year marked San Marino's first Serie A title, and though he only made 2 appearances, he was allowed to celebrate the win with the team. He also played a key role in the clubs UEFA Cup win in 2030 as well as their back to back Italian cup wins beween 2029 to 2030.

17. Lodovichetti (Physio 2011-2035)

For 24 years Lodovichetti helped repair the players' as they hobbled in from training, matches or even the odd holiday related injury. Loyalty to the man who remained at the club my entire tenure until he could do it no more. the 63 year old will be sorely missed and goes down as the first all solely backroom club man

Class of 2035-36

18. Nicola Girolamo (Player 2021-2034) Career

A player who often went under the radar, he was a fantastic and loyal player out on the left from Serie B to Serie A. He became one of the first defenders in the team to become an attacking based wiger, notching up 37 assists and 11 goals in his 12 year career at the club. Durig his prime, he was superb, averaging 7.30 in two back to back seasons, including 5 out of the 7 full seasons with over 7 as an average rating of his performance. His final few seasons seasons saw his first tea appearances drop to just single figures with him only managing 18 i his final 5 seasons as competition for the left back spot and higher Serie A honors pushed him more as a supporting role player. Though his time ended at just 31 due to injuries and a lack of fooball, for the prominent rise of San Marino to a Serie A and European Force, Girolamo was right amisdt the hear of the action and has a number of awards and medals to prove just that, being involved in numerous Super Cup and Italian Cup finals as well as a number of Serie A runner up seasons and one Winning campaign back in 2031.

Class of 2036-37

19. Nico Bochini (Player 2022-2036, Coach 2036-Present) Stats Career Staff

Initially brought in on loan, Bochini went on to become a constant presence in the starting line up. One of our key sources of inspiration and creativity in the midfield, Bochini often earned double digit assists for a season, with his best spell coming in the late 2020's to early 2030's. Not only did he contribute by setting other players up, he could also score, entering the record books for not only goals and assists, but also being one of the highest capped player at the club. The Argentinan was integral to our rise to the top of the Serie A, being a pivotal player in the transition to one of the worlds greatest sides.

He now joins the ever present list of ex San Marino Players' in the backroom staff at the club.

19. Ruud Nieuwenhuis (Player 2022-2036, Coach 2036-Present) Stats Career Staff

One of the all time greats, Nieuwenhuis has gone on to be the all time top scorer at the club, with a staggering 273 goals, while being 2 assists shy of cracking 100. Brought in on loan in the same year as fellow inductee Bochini, both players go out together and get inducted together, while also continuing on in the backroom staff together! Incredible Parrellels. One thing differs though, in Ruud being arguably the most influential player in San Marino's rise to dominance and one of their best player's in history, let alone the last decade. He scored at a rate of almost a gaol a game and was made permanent midway through his first season, and never looked back, scoring at least 10 goals in the league each season bar 1 and averaginf an astonishing 7 or greater for each of those. His final season was plagued with injury and unrest and resulted in just 6 appearances before announcing retirement and joing the backroom staff of the club he loves. He has been inducted not just into the hall of fame, but is one of the few players to be deemed a legend of the club. It will be a long time until another player can have influence and ability to score so frequently, averaging more that a goal every second game. His presence up front has been sorley missed and not seeing him on the team sheet will take a long time to get used to.

20. Flavio Roma (Goalkeeper Coach 2014-2037)

Roma was a goalkeeper coach at the club for 23 years and helped to improve the level of keeping at the club from Serie C1/A to Europe and Italian Champions. He has been involved in creating Italian Serie A Goalkeeper award winners Phillipe Seguin and Aldo Angelini, while grooming club legend Alessandro Grilli. All keepers have enjoyed long, successful careers thanks to his guidance.

Class of 2037-38

21. Jose Borges (Player 2017-2037, Coach 2037-Present) Stats Career Staff

An absolute workshorse, he has been one of the most complete players to ever pull on a San Marino shirt. The current highest capped player ever at the club, was brought in as a youngster and spent 20 seasons in the first team, always being a presence and an integral component of the midfield. He has created a culture and been the heart of the side in the holding midfield role and has had the honour of captaining the side on many an occasion while being the vice captain for many years. Is a part of all the statistics, reaching the list of caps, goals scored, assists and Player of the match awards to be one of the most successfull and all round players at the club. He has also mentored well, leaving a future hall of famer Mularoni to fulfill his role. The Portugese will sorely be missed and has been with the club long enough to become an honorary Sammarinese resident. He continues to walk the halls however, continuing his affinity with the club as a coach for many more years to come.

22. Tomaso Surano (Player 2021-2035) Stats Career Staff

A fantastic Center back who was not only solid, but contributed going forward. He was part of the a very solid defence and helped to herald in possibly one of our best backlines in history with youngsters Macagno, Connola and Bindi coming from the mould of Surano. A throw back to the classic defender, he and Bertolini held the line in what would generate defensive powerhouse players such as Marini, M'ong and Girolamo. Has found himself in the best XI backline for his contribution and will be missed. Spent his final 3 years out at Como, but will hopefully rejoin the club one day in the backroom staff as he takes up a career after the game.

Class of 2038-39

23. Formiga (Player 2028-2036, Coach 2036-Present) Stats Career Staff

Was signed in his prime for his ability to create chances, consistancy and his pace and he duely delivered, becoming a fan favourite within his first season, notching up 58 assists in just over 300 games for the club. Became the mould that generated Bindi, the latest breed and future hall of famer on the right. Formiga was the new feature to a faster, stronger backline that led the way in a more attacking and defensively oriented attack as the first player brought in to cater for a tight midfield. As a result, he is one of the highest creators of all time and the second ont he all time ranks of fullback as of 2039, behind fellow wing back Marini who played onthe opposing side. A player that helped not only create, but changed the style of defense at the club over the past decade.

Class of 2039-40

24. Guillermo Grille (Player 2029-2039, Coach 2039-Present) Stats Career Staff

He was signed to work in parellel with Nieuwenhuis and ended becoming a star in his own right. He had some fantastic seasons, being runner up for the top goalscoring honours in the leagueand managing 37 in his first season. He looked the good to carry the tourch when he almost hit consecutive 30 goal seasons, just shy wih 29 before injury struck and he was no longer the player he once was. He still managed to display flashes of brilliance as an impact player and often shared a rotation role in the deep lying forward position where he managed plenty of assists and being the third highest goal scorer in the clubs history at the time of writing with 325 appearances to his name. To think that he was etched into history with such horrific injury troubles, it is inconceivable to imagine how far he really could of gone. He was influential in not only winning th league, but was also present in ihs final season as the side won its first Champions League trophy.

Class of 2040-41

25. Marlon Bovu (Player 2024-2041, Coach 2041-Present) Stats Career Staff

Signed as a bright eyed 23 year old from Ajax CT in South Africa, Bovu had already been making waves Nationally in his home land since he was 15. He was a standout in his first season notching 7 goals and 6 assists before hitting his stride, 7 times eclipsing 10+ assists in a season, once hitting dizzy heights of 22, while three times breaching the 15+ barrier in goals with 15, 16 and 15 in all forms for the 2028-29, 2029-30 and 2031-32 seasons. He went on to captain the side for 15 years, between 2026 and 2041 and was player of the year 3 times until the arrival of Macagno. Not only is he the highest assists creator for the club at 172, he is the highest in Serie A with 129, surpassing mentor Di Tacchio who previously held the record at 109. He is also 5th in the all time scoring charts at the club, and the first midfield player to reach over 100 goals for the club. Bovu smashed many records continentally in Africa, as both African Player of the year and African Midfielder of the year and was named as the Broadcaster's Player of the year on many occasions. He is also the most capped player in the African XI of the year and tallied over 100 caps for south Africa before his retirement from international duty at just 29. It is amazing to think what else he could of acheived had he stayed on nationally, and thankfully not having the what if had he left San Marino at 27 for a future in the Premier League. One of his proudest records would also be breaking the oldest player in the Italian Cup, at 40 Years 137 days, when he lifted San Marino's 5th Italian Cup as captain and also tallying one assist. One o the finest legends of the game and humblest of players, Bovu has decided to stay on as a fitness coach to continue his stay at San Marino.

26. Michele D'Ambrosio (Assistant Manager 2013-2041) Career Staff

The Wing man to the rise of San Marino. D'Ambosio was more than just your typical Assistant Manager, he took a more senior role right from the get go and handled many media conferences, team meetings, player discussions and even ran the occasional match when Leon was sent to the stands for poor conduct. He was idolised at the club and was a fantastic tactician, casting his web from the shadows for 28 years. What will be missed the most however, is his feirce loyalty as he was with the club from the humblest of beginnings in Serie C and helped guide them to Champions of Europe and Italy, winning League titles, Europa Leagues and even the Champions League, not once faulteing in his loyalty, never hinting at leaving the club he helped groom. How the team moveson without him will be a tall ask as their current manager Leon, has only ever had D'Ambrosio by his side in his 28 years at the club. Though retired, he has been granted life time access to matches and the backroom staff, should he ever decide to return to the game, even for a dabble in a game or two. One of the finest assistants of all time, and his incumbent, Lionel Messi, will have huge boots to fill (How ironic given the large boots Messi left behind on the field all those years ago, who would of though he would have to fit in to anothers later in his career.)

Class of 2041-42

27. Tino Schneider (Player 2023-2038) Stats Career Staff

A fantastic midfield player who plyed his trade for San Marino fo 15 years. He was a midfield general, peforming consistently week in and week out and became one of the hearts of the team as he contibuted a large amount of passes and ground coverage, averaging some of the highest in both categories per season. He was also a fair, but firm player, picking up the Fair Player of the Year Award, something not done too often by Sammarinese players with their overly attacking and aggressive play. Was allowed to retire in his home country of Germany, but came back to San Marino to help coach the U19's National squad. He is a legend for the club side, but unfortunatley never had the change to represent Germany, going down as potentially, the geatest player to never represent his country. One of the few players to represent the club in each category of Goals, Assists and PoM records, he was truely an underrated super star of his time.

| Name                  | Pos  | Apps | Goals(C)  | Assists(CS) | PoM | Rating |
| Luigi Bertolini       | DC   | 486  | 16        | 8           | 13  | 7.07   |
| Marco Bianchi         | DRLC | 286  | 9         | 36          | 9   | 7.00   |
| Nico Bochini          | AMC  | 421  | 37        | 70          | 12  | 7.03   |
| Jose Borges           | DCM  | 637  | 26        | 83          | 25  | 7.26   |
| Marlon Bovu           | AMC  | 615  | 135       | 172         | 59  | 7.42   |
| Erick Cabalceta       | DC   | 259  | 11        | 4           | 14  | 6.93   |
| Dejan Danza           | MC   | 288  | 38        | 41          | 8   | 6.96   |
| Francesco Di Tacchio  | MC   | 419  | 56        | 114         | 37  | 7.22   |
| Formiga               | DR   | 318  | 9         | 58          | 13  | 7.10   |
| Vittorio Ferrero      | DC   | 73   | 3         | 0           | 4   | 7.12   |
| Guillermo Grille      | ST   | 325  | 1327      | 57          | 25  | 7.22   |
| Alessandro Grilli     | GK   | 353  | 0(537)    | 3(96)       | 2   | 6.86   |
| Nicola Girolamo       | DLC  | 291  | 11        | 37          | 16  | 6.94   |
| Frederico Laurito     | ST   | 403  | 238       | 85          | 52  | 7.21   |
| Alessio Luciani       | DLRC | 303  | 12        | 13          | 6   | 6.81   |
| Ruud Nieuwenhuis      | ST   | 491  | 273       | 98          | 54  | 7.21   |
| Gabriele Pacciardi    | DMC  | 130  | 8         | 14          | 0   | 7.01   |
| Matteo Paro           | DMC  | 134  | 5         | 15          | 2   | 6.92   |
| Carlo Pelagatti       | DRC  | 123  | 0         | 9           | 3   | 6.97   |
| Luca Petrucci         | MC   | 474  | 69        | 61          | 23  | 7.08   |
| Davide Poletti        | MCL  | 50   | 11        | 15          | 7   | 6.97   |
| Edoardo Pozzi         | MC   | 314  | 28        | 35          | 7   | 6.99   |
| Tino Schneider        | MC   | 588  | 81        | 60          | 21  | 7.16   |
| Tomaso Surano         | DC   | 487  | 38        | 30          | 32  | 7.24   |
| Marco Villanova       | AMRL | 126  | 29        | 22          | 3   | 6.98   |

| Name                  | Role(s)            | active       |
|-----------------------|--------------------|--------------|
| Michele D'Ambrosio    | Assistant Manager  | 2013-2041    |
| Lodovichetti          | Physiotherapist    | 2011-2035    |
| Flavio Roma           | Goalkeeper Coach   | 2014-2037    |

(C) - Goals Conceded
(CS) - Clean Sheets

So the time has come for the World Cup of 2042. With our team ageing, this is probably our last, realistic chance of making any impact in the competition. The furthest we have made it previously was to the second round, losing to both the US and England but playing reasonably well in both matches. With our strikers on hand, I am targeting at least the same, possibly more, depending on the luck of our draw, though our group game will be a tricky navigation with Colombia (30), South Korea (44) and Portugal (31).

The rankings are not a true reflection of the talent of our group, so we will be on our toes. Our 23 man squad was eventually selected and had the following players:

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name               | Club       | Team   | Caps   | Goals  | Yth Apps | Yth Gls| Value  | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK     |        | Aldo Angelini      | San Marino | Main   | 172    | 1      | 0        | 0      | £3.3M  | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| At 33, Angelini has World Cup experience and is a strong leader of the team. A Serie A Calibre Keeper     |
| DR     |        | Matteo Giannini    | San Marino | Main   | 94     | 1      | 15       | 0      | £600K  | 
| A decent right back, in his prime at 26. Is very experienced at this level but lacks club experience      |
| DCR    |        | Matteo Macina      | San Marino | Main   | 67     | 1      | 0        | 0      | £600K  | 
| Only 21, but dropped into the team at a time when our best center's retired. May be lacking at this level |
| DCL    |        | Matteo Zanotti     | San Marino | Main   | 95     | 3      | 0        | 0      | £275K  | 
| A diverse player who can play across the back or in the midfield. Will be a key verstaile component for us|
| DL     |        | Christian Bollini  | San Marino | Main   | 7      | 0      | 2        | 0      | £500K  | 
| Young at 17 and new to this level, will be eased in to matches, but our current future left back          |
| DMC    |        | Nicola Mularoni    | San Marino | Main   | 184    | 10     | 6        | 0      | £250K  | 
| 34 and still the heart of the team. the DM will carry both the middle and back, being key to our success  |
| MR     |        |Matteo Vannucci    | San Marino | Main   | 33     | 0      | 14       | 0      | £350K   | 
| Since Bucci retired Vannucci has done well to cover the right. Expect his pace and crossing to help us win|
| MC     |        | Daniele Ugolini    | San Marino | Main   | 92     | 13     | 5        | 0      | £2.1M  | 
| One of the fastest in the team and decent dribbling ability, Ugolini will dictate the game with Mularoni  |
| ML     |        | Andrea Giacobbi    | San Marino | Main   | 164    | 19     | 0        | 0      | £230K  | 
| 31 and having lost a lot of his pace, he is still key to our success, scoring and setting up from the left|
| STCR   |        | Alex Benvenuti     | San Marino | Main   | 57     | 37     | 0        | 0      | £16.25M| 
| Our most reputable player, key to our success, we will need him to fire. In his prime and in club form    |
| STCL   | Wnt    | Francesco Mularoni | Ascoli     | Main   | 62     | 57     | 0        | 0      | £5.5M  | 
| Our National top scorer, leading a devestating frontline partnership with Benvenuti. A Golden Boot chance |
| S1     |        | Davide Rinaldi     | Triestina  | Main   | 10     | 0      | 3        | 0      | -      | 
| Backup for a decade now, but ready to step up if required. Our second best keeper, which is a bit worrying|
| S2     |        | Lorenzo Bacciocchi | Gubbio     | Main   | 16     | 0      | 29       | 2      | £45K   |    
| Versatile on the right, can play in the back or middle and will support our tiring wingers if required    |
| S3     |        | Antonio Andreini   | San Marino | Main   | 12     | 0      | 6        | 0      | £250K  | 
| The 19 year old has big shoes to fill as our backup DM. But this will be a fantastic learning experience  |
| S4     |        | Samuele Albani     | San Marino | Main   | 14     | 0      | 1        | 0      | £325K  | 
| Another young squad midfielder. Has played a few matches and will be ready to step up. Needs improvement  |
| S5     | Ret    | Davide Bollini     | -          | Main   | 107    | 4      | 0        | 0      | -      | 
| Veteran left back is still be our main defender and will look to him for leadership. Lost the pace he had |
| S6     | Wnt    | Claudio Broccoli   | San Marino | Main   | 43     | 3      | 25       | 1      | £450K  | 
| Pacey midfielder, another young player however already experienced, making the 30 man squad 8 years ago   |
| S7     |        | Fabio Bugli        | San Marino | Main   | 5      | 1      | 0        | 0      | £350K  | 
| Another young winger/striker in the team. Will become the youngest World Cup player by almost a year at 16|
| S8     | Wnt    | Roberto Ceccoli    | Tre Fiori  | Main   | 45     | 0      | 0        | 0      | -      | 
| Veteran wing back who will be rotated amongst our right and left backs. Versatile and experienced         |
| S9     | Ret    | Nicolò Zanotti     | -          | Main   | 131    | 21     | 0        | 0      | -      | 
| The second player already announcing his retirement once the tournamanent ends. Once our best midfielder  |
| S10    |        | Marco Bollini      | San Marino | Main   | 122    | 40     | 3        | 1      | £2M    | 
| Backup winger and striker, our most impacting player off the bench, expect him to get plenty of chances   |
| S11    |        | Michele Zafferani  | San Marino | Main   | 1      | 0      | 14       | 0      | £200K  | 
| Only one cap and not likely to get a run in as our third choice keeper. Quality between 1 to 3 is huge    |
| S12    | Inj    | Mattia Canini      | San Marino | Main   | 50     | 1      | 0        | 0      | £650K  | 
| Becoming more and more used as a solid defender, expect him to get a few chances as a starting center back|

World Cup Warm up Matches

San Marino 0 - 1 Egypt

We didn't come out to play and it costed us. Giving a few of the younger guys a run, we conceded early and failed to work our way back in the game. Not too concerned as we restored parity on the field, but need more from our strikers to finish of our chances.

San Marino 4 - 0 Mali (C. Broccoli [1, 64], A. Benvenuti [9], F. Mularoni [23])

A much better performance as we scored 3 first half goals in a very strong opening. We went with our best line up, bar Broccoli starting over Ugolini and it showed as we slotted to an early lead. One second half goals as some changes were made and we took the foot of the pedal, however I was most satisfied with our defence, who kept a clean sheet.

San Marino 2 - 0 Singapore (F. Mularoni [47, 52])

A more composed performance despite the scoreline as we looked to control the match. Mularoni showed why he is our leading national scorer as he hit a brace and was supplied well from the midfield. Another good defensive display.

San Marino 2 - 1 Austria (F. Bugli [35], M. Bollini [89])

Our biggest test to date and we stood up well. Taking an early lead, we failed to keep another clean sheet, letting Austria back in it. However a late goal to substitute Bollini was a good sign we had some end game difference makers as he hit the winner to keep our pre tournament form on track.

San Marino 1 - 1 Peru (A. Benvenuti [62])

Against an 80th ranked side, we should of won, however Peru are a very misconceived team, possessing pace and a solid midfield. They were a good challenge and what we needed going into a tournament with a lot of pacey and fast sides. Benvenuti managed to get off the mark, but it showed our defence will struggle against fast opposition.

Still, 2 goals against in 5 matches is quite good. We managed 9 in 4, with only our first game not being able to hit the net, so we should be able to remain competitive even if limited with a couple of chances per game. We will need to make sure we feed the forwards well as they are by far our best players and most likely to make a difference.

Game 1 v Colombia (30)

On Paper, Colombia had the better side, but we were superior by our ranking. The first half proving uneventful if not for a lovely Mularoni strike to give us the lead, however it wasn't until the second half that we came to life with Mularoni striking a brace. Colombia knocked one back to keep the game tight, but Benvenuti extended it back to 2 in the 69th minute. We finally killed it off when Mularoni rounded out his hattrick to give us an opening round win and an important 3 points in a tough group.

6ztk.jpg

Archived