Mums go to Iceland

ashton321

11924_Vikingur%F3lafsvik.gif

With a massive nod in the direction of the Youth of Tord thread I have started my own Scandanavian Youth Project.

This is a thread to document my journey with Vikingur Olafsvik. It will be a one club journey where I will buy no players and will work with only my youth players who come through.

I will have a few aims:

- Win the Icelandic Titles

- Win the European Titles

- Win the World Cup with Iceland

- Promote Icelandic Youth

Club Information

Facilities

As you will see from my details of my clubs I have a lot more work to do with my club before I can even dream of getting near what I want

Pre Season was nothing to really write home about so I cracked on with the League Season.

Leiknir Reykjavik 1-2 Vikingur O - UL

A team who will be in my league this year and I was hoping to get a result to start off on a good footing. We went behind after 20 mins through an own goal. We didn't manage to get level until injury time in the second half we scored two goals to record a win in our first game.

Viking O 2-2 IR - UL

Another team in my league this year and I was hoping for another win it was not to be however. We went two nil down in the early part of the first half. I was not best pleased but at the half I let the team know my feelings. We came out in the second half and managed to get a draw out of the game.

IBV 2-4 Vikingur O - UL

A Premier Division side but I thought we could get a win over the higher league side. We got ahead in the first minute and added another in the 8th minute. We added two more before the end of the half, they also added one on either side of the half but it was enough for us to record another win.

Vikingur O 4-0 BI/Bolungarvik - UL

We destroyed a side in our league this year with two goals either side of the half to go top of the league.

Vikingur O 1-4 Fram - UL

We were not good enough in this game and the result against the bigger side shown it.

Vikingur 1-4 Vikingur O-UL

A local derby against a Premiership side and we recorded a massive win with Magnusson scoring all four.

Viingur O 0-2 Valur

The biggest side in the league and we lost we did not put much effort in relly and this knocked us out.

Upper League Table

Guomundur Magnusson was amazing in this cup and I am hoping he continues his good form.

Well, this will be a career I will be following.

I had an amazing save with Olafsvik on FM11, winning the Champions League in 2028. I hope you'll have the same success.

Too bad that Kristmundsson is no longer at the club, he was terrific for me.

Good luck!

Nice to see another Iceland save!

Good Luck :)

Cheers mate I have just read yours some amazing success

Looks good.

I would hope you did think it looked good, I pretty much stole your layout

Well, this will be a career I will be following.

I had an amazing save with Olafsvik on FM11, winning the Champions League in 2028. I hope you'll have the same success.

Too bad that Kristmundsson is no longer at the club, he was terrific for me.

Good luck!

I have also had previous success with this team so nice to be back with them.

This looks good, and I love the title.

Cheers mate.

KA 1-1 Vikingur O - Div 1

We went down 1-0 early in the second half we responded almost straight away throughMagnusson we just about managed to hold despite not being anywhere near as good as we have to be.

Vikingur O 3-1 Prottur - Div 1

Again we went 1-0 down to an early goal before Hilmarsson added a goal for us, we then went ahead through an goal. I was happy when Hafsteinsson added a third through a pen.

Vikingur O 3-1 IA - Div 1

Once again we went behind really early on and I was once again not happy about it. It then turned into the Magnusson show as he put three in the back of the net to send the fans wild.

Vikingur O 3-2 BI/Bolungarvik- Div 1

Magnusson for once put us ahead with a brace Beslija added another just after the break. The away side fought back with two of their own which gave us a bit of a nervy finish.

Vikingur O 1-1 Fjolnir - Div 1

Fjolnir were top of the league going into the game so I was happy to get just a point. Magnusson again scored we held on until second half injury time when they got level.

Vikingur O 2-1 Leiknir R-Div 1

Beslija enjoyed a rare start with a brace from our usual super sub, Hafsteinsson added a third before the break in a match we really controlled.

Grotta 0-2 Vikingur O - Div 1

Magnusson added another two goals in response to two from a decent Grotta side. Asgeirsson added a late equaliser for us.

Vikingur O 0-2 Selfoss - Div 1

Magnusson added two more to add to an early own goal from Selfoss. In the end were had a very poor second half to only manage a point.

League Table

looks good so far could we sneak a promotion charge

KA 1-1 Vikingur O - Div 1

We went down 1-0 early in the second half we responded almost straight away throughMagnusson we just about managed to hold despite not being anywhere near as good as we have to be.

Vikingur O 3-1 Prottur - Div 1

Again we went 1-0 down to an early goal before Hilmarsson added a goal for us, we then went ahead through an goal. I was happy when Hafsteinsson added a third through a pen.

Vikingur O 3-1 IA - Div 1

Once again we went behind really early on and I was once again not happy about it. It then turned into the Magnusson show as he put three in the back of the net to send the fans wild.

Vikingur O 3-2 BI/Bolungarvik- Div 1

Magnusson for once put us ahead with a brace Beslija added another just after the break. The away side fought back with two of their own which gave us a bit of a nervy finish.

Vikingur O 1-1 Fjolnir - Div 1

Fjolnir were top of the league going into the game so I was happy to get just a point. Magnusson again scored we held on until second half injury time when they got level.

Vikingur O 2-1 Leiknir R-Div 1

Beslija enjoyed a rare start with a brace from our usual super sub, Hafsteinsson added a third before the break in a match we really controlled.

Grotta 0-2 Vikingur O - Div 1

Magnusson added another two goals in response to two from a decent Grotta side. Asgeirsson added a late equaliser for us.

Vikingur O 0-2 Selfoss - Div 1

Magnusson added two more to add to an early own goal from Selfoss. In the end were had a very poor second half to only manage a point.

League Table

looks good so far could we sneak a promotion charge

Haukar 2-0 Vikingur O - Div 1

This was a game that we never even looked like getting into. In the end it could have been a lot more so I was happy for it to remain just 2.

Vikingur O 1-0 KA - Div 1

First half was a drab affair where never side looked like scoring. The second remained similar it was only when Besliya grabbed one late on in the second half that sealed the three points for us.

Vikingur O 1-2 IR - Div 1

We went ahead in the 4th minute through an own goal. I was hoping to build on this but I was unable to do so as IR locked up. In the end they grabbed two late goals to win.

HK 0-1 Vikingur O- Div 1

Hafsteinsson scored on the stroke of half time to put us ahead and that’s the way it remained until the full time whistle. This put us second in the league and in a position to go up.

Prottur 1-4 Vikingur O - Div 1

Magnusson was again his sublime self scoring all four in a bit of a rout. They got one but that was through a late pen. This was our best performance of the year.

BI/Boluganik 2-1 Vikingur O - Div 1

Magnusson again got the goal to put us up early on but it was not enough as they scored a brace one either side of the half to snatch the points.

Vikingur O 1-0 IA - Div 1

Magnusson added another to his massive tally to put us second with one game to go. We would face third place and a win for us would put us up.

Fjolnir 2-0 Vikingur O - Div 1

It was not to be, in reality we never turned up and we slipped down to third place. We would spend another season in this league.

End of Season Review

League was a slight let down in the end. At the start of the season if you were to offer me third place at the start of the season I would have snapped there hand off but to be so close to promotion and to loose out at the last minute was heart wrenching.

Magnusson is my player of the season and to be fair I don’t think it could have been anyone else he really was good this year. I am hoping next year he can get even better.

Next Season

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Decent intake this year for players who could make an impact in the coming years, I will be hoping to blood some in the League Cup early on.

Aims – I would love to get promotion this year but I am not sure how achievable that would be so I would happy with just another half decent performance.

Season      League       Pos             IC               UC
2011         Div 1       3rd          Rnd 1        Group Stage

Vikingur O 4-5 KF - UL

We went down early on to a first minute goal. Magnusson Pulled level straight away he added another just before the second half. Just after the break KF scored a quickfire double to ahead. Magnusson scored another to get level. Hafsteinsson scored with 10 minutes to go to put us ahead, we then conceded two late goals to loose the match.

Haukar 1-1 Vikingur O - UL

Magnusson scored just at the start of the second half before they levelled again late on in the game.

Vikingur O 3-1 Fjolnir - UL

Birgisson scored early on to put us ahead, before Fjolnir got level. Magnusson scored just after the second half and Hafsteinsson scored just before the end of the game to give us the three points.

Grindavik 3-0 Vikingur O- UL

We were awful, in this game and the less said the better.

Por 3-2 Vikingur O - UL

Another game which we should have won but going 3-0 down in the first half was always mean we were going to struggle. Asgeirsson and Hilmarsson grabbed a brace in the second half but this was not enough to get us anything.

KA 1-5 Vikingur O-UL

A game in which we really dominated despite going down really early on., Hafsteinsson grabbed two. Hilmarsson, Magnusson and Asgeirsson all scored to cap a really good game.

League Table shows that we were inconsistent in this competition and not really good enough to go through, I am not happy with how we played and hoped for much more.

May 2012

Vikingur O 1-1 Leiknir R – 1st Division

This was a game we should really be winning if we want to go up this year, we didn’t manage to. In the first half we were awful and went down to a late goal, it took a last minute goal from Hafsteinsson to salvage a point for us.

Haukar 0-1 Vikingur O – Cup – Rnd 1

Magnusson got an early goal to send us through to the next round. Haukar has been somewhat of a bogey team so this was a good result.

Grotta 2-2 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Beslija put us ahead in another game we should be winning. Grotta got two before half time to go ahead before a goal from Magnusson spared our blushes.

Reynir 2-1 Vikingur O – Cup – Rnd 2

Magnusson got an early goal against our non league opponents. I thought this would then turn in to a bit of a rout but it was not to be in the end we fell out of the cup to two second half gaols, I was not happy.

Vikingur O 2-1 Njarovik-1st Division

Hilmarsson put us ahead in the first half and Magnusson added another midway through the second period. It was a match we really controlled and never looked in real danger.

League Table shows that we need to turn a draws into wins and we could really push on, we have not looked to bad at all this month and the only real disappointment was the cup loss.

June 2012

IA 0-2 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Hilmarsson continued his good form this year with a first half goal to put us in a great position to get three points. Beslija grabbed another late on when he came off the bench to keep his reputation as super sub.

Vikinur O 6-0 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Por were looking like a side who could go up this year so the rout was even more impressivbe. Magnusson started the scoring in the first half along with a brace from Hilmarsson, Asgeirsson added two at the start of the second half before Luba finalised the scoring.

Haukar 2-0 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We got back to normal loosing ways against Haukar to end our unbeaten run in the league.

Vikingur O 2-3 Grindavik – 1st Division

Magnusson got two really early goals to put us in a commanding position, in the second half we did not turn up loosing three goals to leave us with another defeat.

KF 1-3 Vikingur O-1st Division

An own goal gave us the lead before the quickly responded. Hilmarsson and Magnusson added goals either side of the half to give us a well needed three points.

Prottur 1-3 Vikingur O-1st Division

Hilmarsson again added a goal in the first half. In the second half it was the Magnusson show as he added another 2 to his total. They added a late goal but it did not wipe the smile off my face.

League Table looking good with a decent month behind us. We lost two games mid month when we should have took away at least a point from them. Hopefully if we cut out the errors we can really push up the league.

July 2012

Vikingur O 4 – 1 BI/Bolungarvik – 1st Division

Hilmarsson scored again from midfield to put us off on a good footing. They responded fairly quickly before an Own goal put us ahead. Magnusson scored just after the break to put us even further ahead and the great result was capped off by a great goal from Asgeirsson

KA 2-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Magnusson put us ahead in the first half in a match that we were dominating, two lapses in concentration midway through the second half was enough to seal our fate.

Leiknir R 0-3 Vikingur O – 1st Division

A great win was started off by Beslija early on. Magnusson added another before the break to leave us in a commanding position. Hilmarsson added a late goal to give us a win.

Vikingur O 4-2 Grotta – 1st Division

Hilmarsson put us ahead in the first half before Grotta got two to go ahead. In the second half it became the Magnusson as a hattrick sealed the win for us.

League Table looks good for a chance at going up, with only two months left in the season it could be our year.

Looking very good for the end of the season.

You may have spoken to soon.....

August 2012

Njarovik 2 – 1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

In somewhat of an even contest it took until the 80th minute for us to go behind, they scored another three minutes later. Magnusson added a late consolation goal.

Vikingur O 0-1 IA – 1st Division

We absolutely battered them from start to finish but could not get a goal, one lapse in concentration in the 15th minute was enough for us to come away with nothing.

Por 1-0 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Another game, another shocking show, we conceded just before half time and in honest never looked like threatening. This run is going to cost us promotion.

Vikingur O 1-1 Haukar – 1st Division

Beslija scored early on and I was hopeful of a win to turn our fortunes round. It was not to be as we conceded in the second half to drop another two points.

Grindavik 1-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We did not manage to get a win this month and it could have been worse, we went behind again and only a late goal from Magnusson saved a point.

League Table shows how terrible this month has been for us. It really is now going to be tough for us to go up this year and we may need to spend a third year in this division.

You play well in the middle and then screw it up. Just so unlucky.

Tell me about it, I really thought I was going to do it this year.

September 2012

Vikingur O 2 – 0 KF – 1st Division

Magnusson got us off to a great start with a great goal to get us going. We controlled the whole game before Beslija added another to seal a comfortable win.

BI/Bolungarvik 5-4 Vikingur O – 1st Division

BI went up with three quick goals in the first half, Hjaltalin

responded with a brace of his own just before the end of the first half. Asgiersson and Goncars added a goal each in the second half to put us in the lead before we conceded two late goals. This all but ends our promotion hopes.

Vikingur O 1-0 Prottur – 1st Division

Another game where we conceded two early goals, Beslija added one either side of the half to get back level before they took the lead again. Hilmarsson added a late goal to give us a point.

Vikingur O 3-1 KA – 1st Division

Beslija again scored in the first half as did Magnusson before Asgeirsson added a third before half time. They got a second half conciliation but it was never in doubt.

End of Season Review

League more than last year it really feels like a case of what could and perhaps should have been. We were in a great posistion to go up and managed some how to throw it away. Our poor August really let us down. We need to keep going from start to finish next year.

Magnusson again superb it worries me what would happen if I did not have him. I have just signed him up to a new long term deal as he got picked for the Under 21s. He is key to me having any chance of promotion this year.

Next Season

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Fairly happy with what has come in this year, they should make an impact of the next couple of years, maybe even being first teamers in two years.

Aims – I really want to go up this year. I would love a little cup run as well. In reality anything around last year would be a decent finish but if I can keep my form going into the later part of the year we should go up.

2012         Div 1       4th          Rnd 2        Group Stage

Vikingur O 2-0 Prottur - UL

This was a tight affair with only a late goal from Beslija in the first half and Asgeirsson in the second getting us off to the best possible start.

Stajrnan 2-1 Vikingur O - UL

Magnusson put us ahead in the first half, but against this Premiership team we were never good enough and two goals in the second half was enough to put us to the sword.

Vikingur O 0-1 Por - UL

Another game where we did not play well enough to get anything out of the game, we were awful.

IA 1-2 Vikingur O- UL

IA went ahead with a great goal and I was fearing for the worst but we managed to turn it around and a great performance from Magnusson who got a brace to give us the win.

Vikingur O 2-0 IR - UL

Emilisson scored in the first half to get us ahead, Magnusson scored to give us a vital win to put us in with a chance of progression.

Selfoss 2-4 Vikingur O-UL

What a first half we had here Hafsteinsson, Emilsson, Magnusson and Helgasson all scored to give us a really great start. Selfoss got two in the second half but we were truly imperious in this game.

Grindavik 0-2 Vikingur O-UL

Our opponents had already qualified from our group and we knew a win would send us through to the semi finals. Win we did. Magnusson and Helgasson scored to move us out of the group stage for the first time.

Grindavik 0-2 Vikingur O-UL – Semi Final

In a strange turn of events we faced Grindavik again. Magnusson and Hilmarsson scored this time to place us in a final of the Upper League Cup, for a team that has never even been to a semi final this was massive.

Vikinur O 0-2 Briedoblik-UL –Final

We faced a side who really were a lot better than us, they had a goal ruled out in the first half before Magnusson put us into the lead allowing us all to dream a little. In the end our opponents class really began to tell as they controlled the half scoring two and taking the Upper League Cup.

League Table shows that we went through as runners up. I was amazed to reach the final and really pleased to get the little cup run I wanted.

Notable News - We have our first feeder club in Samhejar I have already sent out numerous players to give them experience.

May 2013

Grindavik 2 – 1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We played this team three times already this year and the score has been the same everytime, only difference is this time they got the better of us. We were deflated after the cup final loss Hafsteinsson grabbed a late goal but we really didn’t show up.

Vikingur O 3-2 Grotta – Cup – Rnd 1

Grotta are a poor side and we made it closer than it should have been here. Magnusson scored a quick fire brace early on, immediately they pulled one back. Luba scored just after the half to put us ahead, they scored with ten minutes to go to make the end nervy but in the end we had done enough.

Vikingur O 3-1 IR – 1st Division

We went behind to a side who I thought we be challenging for the promotion places this year. Magnusson continued his early season promise with two more to put us ahead. Beslija came on late to score another.

Alftanes 0-1 Vikingur O – Cup Rnd 2

Hafsteinsson spared us any embarrassment with a late goal to fire us past this non league side. We would be in the 3rd round for the first time under my tenure.

Njarovik 3-0 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We got demolished in this game, the least said the better.

League Table shows how poor we have been this month. We have not performed in the league as well as we could and should be doing. The cup has been ok, but we are still not playing well. We will need to improve if we really want to escape this division.

June 2013

Vikingur O 2-4 Fjolnir – 1st Division

We started off well with a goal from Magnusson, we could not keep it up as they scored four goals without response. Helgasson added a late goal to try and add something for us but it was not good poor showing.

Bredablik 1-3 Vikingur O – Cup – Rnd 3

The team that beaten us in the final of the Upper League side and my boys wanted revenge. Hafsteinsson scored a cracking goal to put us ahead. Magnusson and Helgasson added a goals just before the half. They scored a late goal but revenge is ours.

Fjarbabggo 0-5 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Hjaltalin scored early on to set us off on a good note. Helgasson added another straight of the bat. Magnusson then scored a big hat trick for us to seal a huge win.

Vikingur O 1-1 BI/Bolugarvik – 1st Division

Magnusson put us in the lead but it was not enough to take the three points as a late goal put them level and we could only take away a point.

Vikingur O 1-1 Leiknir R – 1st Division

Another game where we could not keep a clean sheet as we let one in early on, Magnusson got a goal for us to draw level.

Vikingur O 2-2 Keflavik – 1st Division

Magnusson put us ahead in the first half before Helgasson added another just after the break. I thought I had a win until I conceded two late goals for them to scrape a draw.

Vikingur O 1-2 Fram (ISL) – Cup Rnd 4

Magnusson scored but we could not get any where near their two goals as we were awful and it was the end of our cup dreams.

Prottur 1-3 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Magnusson got a goal for us to put us in the lead. They did draw level but Beslija and Helgasson sealed the win for us.

League Table we had not been great this month but we look to be improving slightly. We need to turn the draws into wins and we should be ok.

July 2013

Haukar 2-3 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Beslija grabbed an early goal to put us ahead. Hafsteinsson added another straight away to put us in a commanding position. Halfsteinsson added another in the first half to put us well ahead. Haukar did get two goals back in the second half, it was a good win.

Vikingur O 3-2 Grotta – 1st Division

Hjaltalin put us ahead to get us up again. Grotta went ahead just before the break with two quick goals. In the second half it became the Helgasson show with two goals to give us another win.

Vikingur O 1-0 Grindavik – 1st Division

Magnusson scored an early goal to give us a solid win in a game in which we totally dominated.

IR 2-0 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We were totally battered in this game and we never ever looked like getting the win. We will need to improve if we want to go up.

Vikingur O 4-0 Njarovik – 1st Division

Magnusson with two goals in the first half to put us in a good position, he is really becoming a true legend at this club. Hafsteinsson added another goal to his record for this season. Finally we were given a huge win with an own goal added.

League Table what an improvement we made this month we are now in a really good position to go up to the Premiership.

August 2013

Fjolnir 1-3 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We went behind to an early goal against our promotion rivals. I really wanted and win this week and told the lads that at half time. The response that I wanted came about with an own goal. Hafsteinsson added another for us to put us ahead. Magnusson added another late on to seal a fine victory.

Leiknir R 0-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Another week, another promotion rival game. We scored in the first half through Hjaltalin we managed to hold on all the way through second half to give us another win.

Vikingur O 2-0 Fjaroabygo – 1st Division

Magnusson scored again to put us in the lead again, Hafsteinsson added another goal to put us well in the lead and to give us another win.

BI/Bolungarvik 7-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

We went ahead through Magnusson in the 2nd minute and I was expecting another win here. In the end we got demolished as they scored 7 goals and embarrassed us.

Vikingur O 3-2 Prottur – 1st Division

Another game in which we were really awful in this game again. Magnusson saved us three goals in the second half but we did not deserve this at all.

League Table what an improvement we made this month we are now in a really good position to go up to the Premiership.

September 2013

Keflavik 4-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Again we were awful in this game and deserved nothing out of it. We did manage to go ahead again the ever realiable Magnusson but it was no way near good enough as once again we were shown to be awful in defeat.

Vikingur O 2-3 Haukar – 1st Division

Another game another awful performance from my team, amazingly we scored throughMagnusson scored through a pen, they added an own goal. They were all over us from start to finish and added three goals to beat us.

Grotta 1-1 Vikingur O – 1st Division

Magnusson scored again in the first 10 minutes before they got level. That was how it ended. Was it enough for us to seal a long awaited promotion or had we thrown it away again……….

Congrats on the promotion, remember to up the junior coaching though.

Hahahaha I uploaded the wrong photo to that table. I did go up in the end. I have kept asking for the Junior Coaching but only had one upgrade. I am currently in the mist of a takeover so I am going to get nothing sorted now.

End of Season Review

League shows that we finally managed to seal promotion.

This after years of trying I am amazed that we have managed to sort this out and get up. We have been awful this year and had been better in previous years but I dont care how we went up just that we have. Finally.

Magnusson has another brilliant season and I can honestly say that without him I would not have got the team up. He again has been epic, I am amazed every year that he seems to score so many, he had a few injurys to deal woth this year but he was still great.

Next Season

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Players that have come in this year look decent and I think may even get a little chance next year to show they can shine. I am hoping next year maybe the first year my original intake can start to play.

Aims – I want to stay up and that is all.

2013         Div 1       2nd         Rnd 4         Final

Upper League Cup 2014

Vikingur O 3-1 Vikingur – Helgasson (23,27), Luba (43)

Fylkir 2-0 Vikingur O

IBV 0-4 Vikingur O – Hjaltalin (17), Hafsteinsson (49), Magnussin (66,90)

Vikingur O 5-2 IR – Hafsteinsson (8,13), Magnusson (30), Helgasson (44,79)

Keflavik 3-1 Vikingur O Magnusson (51)

Vikingur O 4-1 Prottur – Magnusson (22,52), Hilmarsson (82), Pordarson (88)

KR 2-3 Vikingur O – Magnusson (65,73), Hilmarsson (80)

League Table

It was a great month in the Upper League Cup. As this would be our first appearance in the Premiership, I was keen to go in with good form. We started off like a house on fire with a massive win over Vikingur who had performed well themselves last year. We were really taught a lesson in our next game and the score could have been worse so in a strange way I was happy enough.

We then got our scoring boots on for the next two games scoring nine goals, we looked unstoppable and at this stage I was confident of moving out of this group into the semi finals. We looked out of sorts against Keflavik and we were very poor, I was not pleased the performance and I made that clear to the players and in the media. I expected a better performance next up in the last two games and I got them with 6 points.

In the end we did not go through to the next round I am not sure how it works as surely the top two should go through but as it happens we did not and this was the end of the road for us in the competition. Next onwards and upwards in the league.

Notable News

I extended my contract again to keep me here for a little longer, with this being a one club save this was always going to happen.

Perhaps more importantly my junior coaching budget was increased, this will hopefully pay off in the next intake. As I am currently nearly a million pounds in debt this is all that I can increase for the foreseeable future.

May 2014

Vikingur O 2-1 KR – Magnusson (22), Own Goal (62)

Breidablik 0-1 Vikingur O - Helgasson (31)

Vikingur O 3-5 FH – Emilisson (42), Magnusson (47), Masic (86)

Valur 3-2 Vikingur O Own Goal (56,90)

League Table

It was always going to be a nervy start to our first season in the top flight ever in the history of the club. I felt like we may had come up a season early as I really felt if we were still in the First Division we could have dominated the league and it would have given me another in take and given my young squad lost of confidence. I was a little worried about what a possible relegation would do to them and I was worried how they would react in relegation battle which I was positive we would be in.

We began well with a belting win over a team that I was convinced would be down at the bottom with us. I was pleased to get off to a winning start as I knew every point would count this year for us. I was pleased to see Magnusson score again and I knew my survival would be on his shoulders this year. We managed to sneak out another win against a side who will be near the top this year and that was a massive relief I was very pleased with my start. We capped off the month with two defeats in very close games which we were not outclassed at all. All in all this month was a success for us and should this continue we will be assured of our place in the Premiership next year.

June 2014

Vikingur O 1-1 Fylkir –Jonasson (45)

Icelandic Cup Round 3 - Lettir 0 -1 Vikingur O - Helgasson (78)

IBV 1- 1 Vikingur O– Magnusson (90)

Vikingur O 0-4 Grindavik

Icelandic Cup Round 4 - Vikingur O 3-0 Huginn – Hjaltalin (15), Magnusson (48,55, 78)

Stjarnan 3-2 Vikingur O Helgasson (49), Magnusson (57)

League Table

It was a really busy month in Iceland. We had the first cup games of the year and we began with a non league side. We played well but just could not seem to break down their formation of one keeper and ten defenders. In the end we had to settle for a late goal to send us through. In round four we were lucky enough to face another non league side, this one opened up a little bit which allowed us a much more comfortable win to ease us into the next round.

The league was not great this month and we began to realise where we were. It began with a couple of creditable draws which both times we had to rely on late goals to snatch a point away from certain defeat. We then hosted a decent side and we were absolutely whacked, they scored four but it really could have been forty, it was not good enough and really would have to change. We ended the month with another loss in a game that we were perhaps unlucky not to get at least a point. It shows that in this league we will need to play well in every game and need some luck to get any points. Next month we must improve.

July 2014

Vikingur O 2-1 Vikingur – Hjaltalin (1), Magnusson (21)

Fram 4-0 Vikingur O -

Icelandic Cup ¼ Final – Fylkir 4-1 Vikingur O – Magnusson (13)

KR 2-2 Vikingur O Magnusson (61,63)

Vikingur O 2-0 Breidablik – Magnusson (49,72)

League Table

The whole place had cup fever and with a first ever ¼ final experience you could see why. We have had a very easy run to get this far and despite in press stating that I thought we could win it all I knew to get past this stage would be tough and in end I was proved right. I can now revert to the old adage of ‘at least we can now concentrate on the league’.

It was a really decent month in the league this month for us and just what we needed. It began with a massive win for us to get us off to a great start, I was chuffed with the win as we were on a bit of a bad run and to turn it around was great. We then took an absolute pasting but being a young team and with the way we play its to be expected from time to time so although I was not pleased with the result I was pleased with the fight we shown. We then had a draw in a match we totally dominated and I was gutted to get a point we should have had all three but two lapses at the back let them in and to make matters worse one was in the last minute. We finished the month with a cracking win to give us a real shot at staying up as we go into a couple of months that for us in the past have been nothing short of disastrous

August 2014

FH 3-1 Vikingur O - Helgasson (24)

Vikingur O 1-3 Valur – Magnusson (90)

Fylkir 5-1 Vikingur O - Magnusson (51)

Vikingur O 1-1 IBV – Jonasson (43)

Grindavik 1-2 Vikingur O - Own Goal (41), Halfsteinsson (56)

League Table

Is there a month that is filled with more hatred than a bloody August I hate. I think I should leave Iceland and go to a league that does not play in August I hate. I am convinced that my players take a summer holiday in August we are just so poor. This August was no different we began with an awful loss to a couple of big sides that were not in the best of form, realistically we could have won both games but we just did not look sharp enough. We then took an absolute beating from a side that are becoming more and more my bogey side. We went ahead in the next game and with a minute to go we were winning but had to settle for only a point thanks to a last minute equaliser. STOP THE PRESSES we won a game in August. We have only ever won in August in one season but now we have again we beat a decent side in a scrappy game that could just about mean that we could stay up. Next up dreaded September

September 2014

Vikingur O 3-2 Selfoss – Emilisson (43,76) Magnusson (78)

Vikingur O 2-2 Stjarnan – Magnusson (31), Jonasson (90)

Vikingur 1-0 Vikingur O

Vikingur O 3-4 Fram – Hafsteinsson (5,54) Vihjalmsson (21)

I hate September almost as much as August, the reason I hate August more is because in the past August has ruined my ambitions with Vikingur O, and then in September we just resign ourselves to defeat.

We began with a great win to put us well with a shot of staying up. I new that I needed more points and when we were 2-1 down with a minute to go in our next game I feared the worse but once again Magnusson saved the day with a late winner. We finished the season with two poor defeats.

End of Season Review

League shows that we finally managed to seal promotion.

This after years of trying I am amazed that we have managed to sort this out and get up. We have been awful this year and had been better in previous years but I dont care how we went up just that we have. Finally.

Magnusson has another brilliant season and I can honestly say that without him I would not have got the team up. He again has been epic, I am amazed every year that he seems to score so many, he had a few injurys to deal woth this year but he was still great.

Next Season

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Pleased with this bunch of players I think they all will join the first team squad next year or the year after. Hopefully they will continue to improve and will get better as a group which will help the team.

I signed another extension and was overlooked for the Under 19 job which annoyed me slightly.

Aims – I just want to improve again, I think we could do that again.

2013         Div 1       2nd         Rnd 4         Final
2014         Premier    10th        ¼ Final       Group Stage

Upper League Cup 2015

Breidablik 3-1 Vikingur O – Helgasson (47)

Vikingur O 2-1 Selfoss – Magnusson (15,90)

Vikingur O 1-3 Fram – Magnusson (40)

HK 3-2 Vikingur O – Own Goal (13), Llorens (40)

Vikingur O 2-2 Fylkir – Magnusson (23), Jonasson (78)

IBV 4-2 Vikingur O – Hafsteinsson (11), Magnusson (16)

Vikingur O 4-2 Keflavik – Magnusson (2, 16, 78), Helgasson (56)

League Table

Again another decent enough performance in the Cup, we began with a bit of a disappointing loss where I expected a little better. We then pulled out a cracking win with a last minute goal to get the winner, it was good to do this as far too often we have been on the receiving end of these. We then lost to a side who seem incapable of beating no matter what. We then lost another game that we should have won, we were by far the better side but lost.

We finished off the campaign with a win, draw and a loss and to be honest that pretty much summed it up. We were never good enough to go for the top spot but performed ok and where we ended up was about right.

Notable News

After putting another year onto my contract to take my to 2017. I also managed to get the Junior Coaching budget increased again so hopefully this will help.

Archived