Mums go to Iceland

ashton321

11924_Vikingur%F3lafsvik.gif

May 2015

Fjolnir 2-3Vikingur O - Magnusson (49, 69, 88)

Vikingur O 4-2 Selfoss – Hjaltalin (16), Magnusson (30, 85), Hafsteinsson (72)

Vikingur 2-0 Vikingur O

Vikingur O 2-0 Valur – Vihjalmmson (47, 59)

League Table

I needed a massive start to try and keep my head above the drop zone again and facing a side who will be contenders to go down was not the way I wanted to start off my campaign. It was a nervy match for both teams in the end we just squeezed out a win to give us the best possible start. We took another three points at home against a very decent side that I was very happy with. We lost our next game but we played very well and deserved at least a point. In the final game of the month we beat one of the perennial big boys in a close game. The young lad who scored both against Valur will be the lad who will challenge for a starting role over Magnusson onver the next few years. Part of me hopes he does not win it because if he scores anything like Magnusson I will be saying his name a lot in my updates.

June 2015

Briedablik 0-2 Vikingur O– Pordarson (12), Hjaltalin (88)

Icelandic Cup Round 3 – Vaengir Jupiters 1-3 Vikingur O - Vihjalmsson (15, 57, 74)

Vikingur O0-0 Stjarnan

KR 1-1 Vikingur O – Hafsteinsson (12)

Fylkir 2-0 Vikingur O

Icelandic Cup Round 4 - FH 4-2 Vikingur O –Pordarson (13), Kristinsson (90)

Vikingur O 3-4 Fram – Hafsteinsson (30, 77), Jonasson (89)

Pordarson

Jonasson

These two are my best youth players to have come out of my academy and I really think they will go far in the game.

League Table

The cup began again this month and I felt like we were in with a shot of some progress this year especially with the good form we found ourselves in. We beat a non league side in the opening round quiet comfortably. That would be the only win we had this year as we crashed out against one of the big boys in an end to end game.

After the first league game of the month we found ourselves top of the pile which was amazing to see. I do not think many fans would have thought we would have ever got here. We then just could not win we failed to win any of our remaining games and were generally just very poor.

Cheers mate glad you are enjoying it, one of my youth players has already become my vice captain and is one of the best players at the club. He is my Icelandic Stevie G

Always good to see your youth products come through. My two best youth products got into the national team, but I've had crap ever since.

Something I've found useful is using the upper league cup for early season tactical tweaking with competitive football without effecting your league positioning.

Good start to the season.

Cheers mate was a little bit shocked by it.

Always good to see your youth products come through. My two best youth products got into the national team, but I've had crap ever since.

Something I've found useful is using the upper league cup for early season tactical tweaking with competitive football without effecting your league positioning.

I do try and blood some of the youth in the cup games, I am always tweaking the tactics throughout the season.

July 2015

Vikingur O 1-3 FH – Magnusson (71)

Vikingur O 0-2 Fjarbabyggo

Vikingur O 0-3 Fjolnir

Selfoss 3-1 Vikingur O– Magnusson (56)

League Table

This was awful and its not even August. We did not play well all month and the results really shown that. The two middle results were especially poor as the our opponents were teams that we need to be beating if we want to stay in this league. All our early season promise and optimism has now vanished, I will be amazed if I stay in this league with the way we are playing. Things need to improve in the next two months,

August 2015

Vikingur O 4-0 Vinkingur – Hafsteinsson (22), Magnusson (62, 78), Own Goal (71)

Valur 4 – 1 Vikingur O - Magnusson (61)

Vikingur O 1-4 Breidablik – Magnusson (33)

Stjarnan 3-3 Vikingur O– Magnusson (19), Helgasson (45, 51)

Vikingur O 1-2 KR – Vihjalmsson (60)

League Table

I had to have a decent time this month if I wanted a shot at staying in this league this year. I battered Vikingur and we were so good, if we played this well all year then we would near the other end. We got two pastings from decent sides in this league, I was not happy with the performance with the boys after the last game. We got a point against a very good side who are underperforming to make it very tight at the bottom. We lost the last game of the month against one of the better sides in the league.

September 2015

Fram 2 – 1 Vikingur O - Magnusson (60)

Vikingur O 0-0 Fylkir–

FH 4-3 Vikingur O – HAfsteinsoon (5) Magnusson (20, 44)

Fjardabyggo 2-4 Vikingur O– Sviensson (3, 15) Magnusson (17, 67)

This was always going to be make or break for us this month and I knew we had not been playing well at all. We began against my bogey side and played well but not enough to take away any of the points. We then played a massive rival in the drop zone and the end we were very lucky to even take a point. We got beat by a top side who perhaps we should have won the game we into the final game needing a win. We had been in decent form recently and even though we had been loosing some games we had still been playing well and that shown in our final game where we won.

End of Season Review

League not really good at all I was hoping for a slightly better position this year. We were really terrible and its only the fact that other teams were worse than us that managed to keep us up this year. We must really improve on this next year or we could really go down.

Next Season

Star 1

Star 2

Star 3

Decent intake which gives me hope, I think a couple of players will make an immediate impact next year.

Aims – We have to become better we really have to or we could go down.

Season      League       Pos             IC               UC
2011         Div 1       3rd          Rnd 1        Group Stage
2012         Div 1       4th          Rnd 2        Group Stage
2013         Div 1       2nd         Rnd 4         Final
2014         Premier    10th        ¼ Final       Group Stage
2015         Premier   9th         Rnd 4           Group Stage

Archived