Starting a new game...

One of the things I struggle most with is the amount I have to do when starting a new game, I love micro management but still find it daunting to start a new game and make it my own!

What are some of the things you first do when taking over a new team and how do you get into your saves?

I have taken to removing the transfer budgets for the first window - it forces you to make the best of what you have and I find this gets me hooked sooner - players that you might otherwise have discarded straight away can become cult heroes.

always the same thing every time i start a new game :

1. sort out staff

2. sort out training

3. sort out scouting

4. look at transfers and whats needed for the squad and bid/transfer list as necessary.

5. sort out tactics for the season

6. press continue for the first time

Literally exactly the same as me welshace!

To the original poster try taking over a team in a league with vastly different rules. For example the MLS. Rules are totally different to anything you will have experienced on FM. I was getting burnt out from dominating everything in my path with English,Spanish,Italian and national teams so I took a punt on the MLS. Brushed up on the rules via a few google searches and very helpful posts on this forum and bingo. Most fun ive had on FM in years testing myself within rules ive never even slightly experienced.

1. sort out staff

2. sort out training

3. sort out scouting

4. look at transfers and whats needed for the squad and bid/transfer list as necessary.

This covers it very well! Not sure about #6 though, ha ha!

1. sort out staff

2. sort out training

3. sort out scouting

I do this but swap 4 and 5 around, because who I keep/transfer list/look to buy depends on my tactics.

I wonder if this is best or if it's advisable to build a squad and then think about what tactics work best for that group of players....

Archived