[TM] Tiki-Taka Beyond Barcelona [FM12.2]

This tactic is a mixture of current tactics available by other players, with little tweaks from myself. Therefore I give credit to...

Krunccrni: For his amazing Barcelona tactic which makes up most of this tactic. I haven't had a PM back from Krunccrni unlike everyone else, so i'm guessing he may have left the forums, especially because his tactic is no longer an active thread. The only problem that I ever had with his tactic was the goalscoring, which motivated me in making this tactic.

Fuss: For another amazing tactic that a lot of people like. I have ripped his strikers settings and put them into Krunccrni's tactic. It seems to work very well for me and fixes the previous problem of the lack of goalscoring from Krunccrni's tactic, making the whole experience that much better!

Mr.Hough: Another amazing tactic that I love, although I have only ripped his set piece's from the tactic. I will be releasing 2 seperate tactics, one with Krunccrni's set pieces and one with Mr.Hough's set pieces, allowing you to choose what sort you prefer.

Papamogl: I haven't tried his tactic, but I'm sure it's very good and with permission already being obtained, i'm able to impliment any of his tactic into the next version. He believe's that his Full Backs in particular are at top class settings, so it will be interesting to see if it will help. I will however need to convert the tactic from classic to do this.

I may attempt to obtain permission from several other people to see if I can improve the tactic further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a top team, this is almost Plug & Play, but please read the guide first. If you are Barcelona, the guide may help you but it is definately just Plug & Play. If you are any other team, you will definately need to read the guide as this tactic wont work unless you have the right players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1 Guide:

Before I move on to the positions and what's required for those individual positions, I would like to quickly talk about what you need and what to expect. As previously explained, this is not a plug and play tactic, but once you have what is needed, it can be extremely satisfying to watch! You can expect huge amounts of possession and plenty of goals. There is only one problem that I have come across and I will be working on a seperate tactic, because away games seem to be more difficult to dominate and win. I believe this is down to the pitch size and so I will need to work out a way to play this style on a smaller pitch.

A very important point to make here... You need to build a squad that you can rotate! It's not good having the important positions with nobody to cover them. If Luka Modric got injured for your Tottenham side, your form would drop drastically and the tactic would probably start to fail, you need someone decent enough to back him up.

The following positions are the most important positions and you need to get them right, otherwise the tactic will just fail miserably; Right Back, Left Back, Defensive Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Central Attacking Midfielder. You need to make sure you get those right and after a test I have done with Tottenham Hotspur, I can reveal the type of player you should be looking for with a team like that, as opposed to the top clubs.

Goalkeeper: Obviously in any team this is a very important position, but thankfully it doesn't come into the most important for this tactic. With Tottenham I was using Gomes and he played extremely well, so you don't particularly need World Class goalkeeper. I would expect that several teams in the Premier League would do well with their current goalkeeper's.

Right Back: This is an extremely important position... When not using a team like Barcelona, you need to look towards players like Kyle Walker and for those who can afford more, Christian Maggio. Both are fast players, so your looking for players with pace and decent stamina is probably vital! Natural Fitness wouldn't hurt either. For further information, look at those two players. If your going to have the spending power of Barcelona, or you are using Barcelona then Daniel Alves is immense, so look for someone like him.

Centre Back: I've noticed that this position isn't one of the important ones, due to several defenders doing very well here! I'm not sure why this is, but i'm not going to argue :) For Tottenham, i've used Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul, who are good players, but are not really considered World Class and they have a 7.46 and 7.34 average rating over 5 games. On my Barcelona save i've used a few more, using Gerard Pique who has picked up 7.34 AVMR over 18 games, Carles Puyol with 7.48 AVMR over 9 games, Andreu Fontas with 7.04 over 5 games and Javier Mascherano with 8.00 with 1 game at centre back. The fact that Fontas did very well over 5 games speaks for itself, being far from the likes of Dawson and Kaboul who are also far from the likes of Pique and Puyol. I would say that you need to use common sense here and pick a solid defender with good heading, marking, tackling, composure, concentration, anticipation, positioning, jumping and strength. Other stats are a bonus.

Left Back: Much like Right Back, this is an extremely important position... Yet again, if your going to look to be a team who don't have Barcelona's ability, then you need to look towards a player with consistency. I first tried using Benoit Assou-Ekotto and it failed miserably and because this position is so important, it affected the entire team. I then restarted the test and picked up Leighton Baines to replace Assou-Ekotto and Baines picked up a 7.56 AVMR over 5 games! The left hand side is the more attacking side, so it's important that he can be more of a team player and pace would only be a bonus. Look at Leighton Baines to see what sort of stats your looking for.

Defensive Midfield: Another very important position, with this player being the one who breaks down or slows down attacks. Unlike the rest of the team, this player wont be your pass master and wont do much passing during the game, or maybe just not be involved as much as anyone else. For Tottenham I tried using Tom Huddlestone on both tests and he failed miserably, so don't use anyone like him. When the team was playing at it's best, I was using Scott Parker. You need someone with good tackling, team work, work rate, concentration, bravery, decisions, anticipation and plenty of Stamina! Look at Scott Parker for more information on stats.

Central Midfield: This player has to be your very own Xavi! Probably the most important out of anybody as he will be involved the most out of anybody. I decided to use Luka Modric for Tottenham after looking at the players they had. You need good dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, creativity, DECISIONS, team work, work rate, agility, balance, natural fitness and stamina. Other stats are a bonus of course. Luka Modric picked up a 7.70 AVMR over 5 games, so you can see how well he played as Tottenham's Xavi. I would say, if your going to spend money, then make this your main position.

Left Attacking Midfield: This doesn't appear to affect the team, no matter who you put there. However, Gareth Bale played extremely well on both tests, with the current test picking up a 7.60 AVMR over 5 games. Obviously Pace is important, but less pacey players can still do a job here. Stamina wouldn't go a miss either and if you can find someone with good passing, you could get better results than I have with Gareth Bale. Crossing isn't particularly a big need, due to the fact that this is Tiki-Taka football. You could probably use Niko Kranjcar in this position and still pick up good results.

Central Attacking Midfield: Our last of the most important positions. This is just like the full backs positions, if you don't have this covered, the tactic will just fail. I've picked to use Van Der Vaart here, whilst using Thiago on loan from Barcelona as his back up. Vaart is obviously a lot better, but Thiago can do a very good job here as well. I picked up Guti on a free transfer, but he didn't do too well here, so I'm guessing he'd fit the Xavi type position better. Niko Kranjcar did very well in his game in this position as well, so you just need a consistent player really. Look at Kranjcar for the minimum stats you should be looking for in this position. First touch, passing, technique, anticipation, composure, creativity, decisions, flair, off the ball, team work, work rate, and stamina are probably the most important stats.

Strikers: Both positions have the exact same settings, so both require the same sort of players. With the team looking to just pass untill they can get a through ball to a striker, either striker could score. Your looking for a player who can consistently score goals here, but thats just normal with any tactic! Obviously on my Barcelona test, Messi and Villa were immense, with Villa's scoring stats becoming insane. With Tottenham, we have Louis Saha who did well in his first game, but struggled a little bit in his other 4 (3 as a sub), but picked up a 7.22 average rating. Jermain Defoe picked up 3 assists over 5 games (1 as a sub), but didn't manage to score, picking up a 7.18 average rating. Adeybayor was the main threat goals wise, with 5 goals over 4 games and an 8.13 average rating! If you can get two Adebayors, your going to be laughing! Look for top class Physical stats, dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, composure and off the ball, with any other stats being major bonuses. Look at Adebayor to see what your looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playmaker: Central Midfielder is your playmaker. He is the one that will pass the most out of anyone and be involved in all areas.

Team Talks: I have just praised the team when they deserve it and told them if I am not happy basically. I'm sure there are much better ways to motivate the team, so if you know those ways then you will probably get even better results than I have.

Opposition Instructions: None, i've not attempted to use OI's, although I may look into this in the future.

Match Prep: Teamwork (Maximum) and adjust accordingly once they have learned the tactic.

Training: I haven't made any training schedules yet, but once I start using this for my Chester side, I will be creating schedules. Look for training schedules that have been succesfull with the public.

Pitch Size: Maximum - This allows the teams to pass, but most importantly, allows the team to switch from Tiki Taka football to fast paced football up front from the strikers.

Key Point: A very important point which has been pointed out by Fuss on his tactic. Sometime's you may lose a game and this has nothing to do with the tactic. This can come down to your strikers inability to convert, a defensive error (they occur no matter who you are or who you have), an in form striker or other possibilities... It's also important to remember that Morale makes a huge difference. If your morale is low, your team isn't going to perform like they would if it was good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tactic's....

[TM] Tiki-Taka Beyond Barcelona V1

[TM] Tiki-Taka Beyond Barcelona [Mr.Hough Set Piece's] V1

Please Note: If you want better results and you are familiar with how tactics work, tweak the tactic to fit your players. It's pointless having someone who has no creativity, playing as a creative player and visa versa.

For away games I would reduce the amount of people that will hold up the ball. When you are at home teams will sit back and allow you more possession. When you are away from home teams will look to close you down and if players are dwelling on the ball it could cause issues.

I read Krunccrni's thread and got a tactic going from it that got me this at home

ManUtdvIpswichSplitView.png

ManUtdvIpswichAnalysis_Analysis.png

but away from home i was getting beaten. Badly.

So i took off hold up ball from all players, played around with mentalities and started to get better results. till have the bulk of possession but fewer passes.

Fman1, sounds brilliant and thanks for the advice :) The problem I had with Krunccrni's tactic was that it didn't consistently produce big results, just lots of possession. With this tactic i've attempted to balance it out, whilst still having 60 - 75% possession, but scoring plenty of goals.

I'm currently using this with my Chester side who just came 15th in Premiership and it's working very well. We are struggling sometimes and not keeping possession as well as i'd like, but with the type of players I have at my disposal, it's obviously going to be difficult, we are nothing like Barcelona! On the up side, it seems very strong defensively!

gonna download and see if its fit for my Sampdoria saves ( currently no signings )

amazing results with Tottenham !

As previously stated, there is still an issue with away games where it doesn't seem to work, but i'm working on a fix for that. Got another result coming your way for Tottenham, which was frustrating, dominant and a win.

Another Tottenham Home Game

I will be looking to test this further with Tottenham, whilst also trying to improve the away game problems. I've currently made changes and created an away tactic, but it is as yet to be seen if it works.

The following match VS Sunderland was very frustrating, with 5 goals disallowed, 3 offside, but 2 onside and also hitting the post 2 times!

596D5963716912EA68A3A4D26A9F72FAFDC3D0DD

9E8BDA5CE374EE7C3EF760341C7D7CFAC3E3F852

Well in fact that this tactic is getting far too less attention (think due to the Euros ;) ) I decided to show some results from the season I tested this with.

bundesligaberblickbersi.png

I played the short corner version whole season, so no h4ckZ whatsoever :D

The barca matches were sad ones, dominating them at home with 63% possession and 11 to their 5 shots, but didn't seem do convert any.

But I'll respect that, cause the teams harmony was at a point of 64% in the confidence screen, plus this was my first season managing them with a whole new eleven.

Great work! It's a beauty to watch also. Chairman and supporters are also satisfied with the nice football the team is playing :)

Yes :-\ We dominated almost every match except Real away, which was even. My strikers are all pretty young, 19, 23, 18, 19, and 22 except for G.Rossi who is 31 in the meantime. So I didn't want to get deeper in this, because it is no critizism to the tactic, just like IRL the team didn't have any experiences yet on this level.

Still got into the quarter finals of the Euro League, unlucky to get Barca in that - lol

Edit: Have to say with Hough's tweak or even a DC attacking near post it would have gone mad.

Tactical analysis says it's weakest against 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 3-4-2-1 and 3-4-3. But immense against 4-1-2-2-1 with 17:1 goals, 5-3-2 6:0, 4-1-2-1-2 22:4 and 4-4-2 (mainly played against obv.) with 66:12 goals. I am not good into tactics but may it help you haha. The stats against lower rated teams are great, with 93:7 goals scored :D

I may have stumbled onto something here with the away problem, but due to the team I was up against, i'm taking nothing for granted and will do further testing!

928AA62204149E8BD33158DE844832EF745FF841

What about making two tactics instead one. If the first one works for home matches, then I dont see any reason why you should change settings!

What about making two tactics instead one. If the first one works for home matches, then I dont see any reason why you should change settings!

Read the thread. He is already making an away tactic by adjusting the home one :)

What the hell :D

borussiadortmundvfbstut.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

German League Cup, 1st against 2nd from the last year...

I have made some changes to the tactic I thought are realistic for away matches, playing faster, ticked offside trap, def. line to normal and some player changes.

Yeah, I also unticked HUB from the players and ticked it for the strikers, to leave the ball away from our half as much as possible. Also made the DCs some more attacking, to cope with the attacking FBs.

For the winger I tried to run him with the ball often, giving him more CF and playing him more attacking, he thanked me alot. I changed his Roaming to Moves Into Channels, so did I for the AMC, which I also gave some more CF, playing more attacking but forward runs mixed.

First away match of the season, won 6:1 against Bielefeld, had 24:6 shots :)

Haven't got the time yet to play with the midfielders mentalities, theoretically the MC is too much isolated from the AMC and AML, but in matches they aren't. The reason the MC is on lower mentality is I thought in away matches we need a more solid, maybe more defensive passing, trying to build the DCs in to open play.

There is simply no way you can lose like that with Barcelona... If i can dominate Chelsea and Arsenal with Tottenham, then Barcelona should be a doddle... You also need to use your brain, when things aren't going well, substitute the players who are causing the problems. It doesn't matter if it's your playmaker, your best striker, whoever, just substitute them.

There is simply no way you can lose like that with Barcelona... If i can dominate Chelsea and Arsenal with Tottenham, then Barcelona should be a doddle... You also need to use your brain, when things aren't going well, substitute the players who are causing the problems. It doesn't matter if it's your playmaker, your best striker, whoever, just substitute them.

But I do not win. Every time I play against Madrid with them I can not. I've tried thousands of tactics and everyone is doing well miss my. I thought the possibility that I bought a game different from others.

But I do not win. Every time I play against Madrid with them I can not. I've tried thousands of tactics and everyone is doing well miss my. I thought the possibility that I bought a game different from others.

Whats your Squad?

Archived