Football, bloody hell

alexcharliemann

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most English are just crap at wearing clothes. To match our weather people love wearing grey and dull brown outfits. If they look like this on the outside you can imagine what these people are like on the inside - yep, dull!

The men go to work nowadays dressed in 'Business Casual'. In England this means that the guys simply wear the same suits and shirts they have always done but without a tie! Bloody hell guys that's pushing the frontiers of fashion and non-conformist behaviour. We now have a working population commuting to the office everyday looking as though they all woke up too late to finish getting dressed.

Keep safe! Have a good day ^_^

Most English are just crap at wearing clothes. To match our weather people love wearing grey and dull brown outfits. If they look like this on the outside you can imagine what these people are like on the inside - yep, dull!

The men go to work nowadays dressed in 'Business Casual'. In England this means that the guys simply wear the same suits and shirts they have always done but without a tie! Bloody hell guys that's pushing the frontiers of fashion and non-conformist behaviour. We now have a working population commuting to the office everyday looking as though they all woke up too late to finish getting dressed.

Keep safe! Have a good day ^_^

Well I'd already won the league and cup double, there is nothing else to win domestically. I could have stayed to win some european stuff but that would have taken a few years and I'd rather move on and win in another country. I have a few offers: will compile them all and leave them here over night while I think about it!

If I were offered that selection, it'd be a straight fight between Rayo Vallecano and Elfsborg. I'd rule out Barcelona B on the grounds that league rules mean you can't be promoted. Palermo's budget is too small. Do you really need to go to the Championship when you have top flight offers? Bellinzona does also look interesting though.

186.png

Club Brugge

Season Review - 2018/19

Juliper Pro League - Champions

Juliper Pro League - a very good season in which we dominated all the way through, taking the lead right from the start. We almost conspired to throw it away at the death, but we held on to win the title for the first time since 2005.

Cofidis Cup - we completed the double despite having to play a top flight team in every round bar the first. Almost made it without conceding a goal. The final was comfortable again.

Key Players

Bob Martin - Break through season for the young Belgian, a tower in defence. Will be a big star and made it into the national team.

Kristof D'Haene - Really consistent season at left back and added some more width to our attacking line up, overlapping the inside forward well. Wouldn't sign a new contract and now departs for Hoffenheim.

Alejandro Gomez - Was adamant at the start of the season he wanted to leave, glad I held onto him! Played across all 3 inside forward positions and netted 18 goals and numerous assist. Starting to age a bit though and is still angling for his big money move.

Joeri De Bruycker - Signed in January for £7.5m from FC Utrecht and was the difference maker that hauled us over the line. Played as the central IF and scored 11 goals in 22. Phenomenally quick.

Carlos Gonzalez - Signed from Boca at the start of the season, I think he is the best player in the league by a distance and were it not for injury would have romped to the Golden Boot from left IF. The ball stays glued to his feet. Lost count of the goals he scored starting on the wing, before going on a mazy wing and heading for the near post to blast it in.

Squad - As you can see, strength in depth, with a number of players reaching double figures. And all 3 of our top scorers were midfielders.

Next Season

I thought about staying for a Champions League campaign, but I want to win titles in as many different countries as possible. I fancied a new challenge. Belgium was nice while it lasted.

Career Overview

Season    Club            Country    Division                Position   Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012      Frigg            Norway   Second Division Group 4  2nd        None
2013/14   Crewe Alexandra  England  Blue Square Premier      1st        Promotion; FA Trophy Runners Up
2014/15   Crewe Alexandra  England  League Two               2nd        Promotion
2015/16   Crewe Alexandra  England  League One               2nd        Promotion
2016/17   Crewe Alexandra  England  Championship             11th       None
2017/18   Crewe Alexandra  England  Championship             11th       Resigned 18th November
2017/18   Club Brugges     Belgium  Juliper Pro League       3rd        None
2018/19   Club Brugges     Belgium  Juliper Pro League       1st        Cofidis Cup Winners

Youth Products

YP1 - Jan Morten Kjolberg - Moved to another Norwegian lower league club and is back up.

YP2 - Dom Yoffe - Second season at Watford as they finished 12th. Didn't score many goals but has established himself in the England squad.

YP3 - Martyn Brunskill - Led the Crewe line well with 15 goals in 30. Has a continental reputation but no signs of leaving them yet.

YP4 - Michael Hill - A poor season again only 5 goals at Crewe. Not turning the attributes into performances.

YP5 - Tom Dunne - A big season for him as he got a move to Manchester United for £5.25m and won the title. He was mainly a squad player but they seem to hold him in high regard and he made his England debut.

YP6 - Patrick Challinor - Got a £5m move to Premier League Leicester but struggled to break into the first team and is already looking for a move away because of it.

Former Club Watch

Frigg - Bounced straight back into the Adeccoligaen (second tier) by winning their third tier league at the first attempt.

Crewe - Sold 5 of their best 6 players for £22.5m but only spent £1.8m. Finished 12th in the league. I can't see them going any further as they're a selling club. Entirely depends if they spend the money.

1802.png

Elfsborg

Allsvenskan

Elfsborg are the undoubted new kings of the Swedish game, as they have won the Allsvenskan 7 years in a row now. However, with their legendary coach retiring soon, they were on the slide and have had a very poor start to the season that sees them well off the pace, out of the title race, and in 9th place. Coming in it is clear why: the best of their squad has been cherry picked by big foreign clubs, but these players have not been replaced, and so left behind is an ageing squad with all the championship quality players long gone. This is going to be a re-building job and a massive clear out will be required.

I takeover in July, and this is a league that runs from April to November, with 16 teams playing each other twice. In addition to the title, the top team qualifies for the Champions League, and second, third and fourth for the Europa league. As we won last year, we are in the Champions League starting at the Second Qualifying round. We have only ever made the group stages once where we bottomed out. The Swedish league isn't awash with money as the league winners only get £555,000 prize money. The bottom two teams are relegated and a third enter a relegation playoff. The current league leaders are Malmo by some distance. My task this season will be to get us back into the European places, and start building a squad for next season. Our big rivals are Göteborg and they are in second. The league is currently ranked 38th (down from 26th) with two and a half stars. That is the same as Belgium, but the big difference here is the clubs do not do well at all in Europe.

Manager wise things have been stable as the last guy had been here for a decade. There is very little backroom staff so I will be trying to bring in a lot of my own guys. The chairman Bosse Johansson is a Swede and has been here from the start with no sign of leaving yet. Financially the club is doing well with £7m in the bank, the majority of which is available to me for transfers. As I am finding though it is unlikely I will be able to even come close to spending it as very few players are interested in a move to Sweden and building a squad capable of competing in Europe is going to be incredibly difficult.

The first thing I did was release 22 players in the youth team were awful, and put half the first squad up for sale. They had about 50 players on the books, and only 12-15 of those do I really want. The wage bill is around £58k - very small! We don't really have a recognised goalscorer or midfield. The defence at least looks decent. I'd normally put some key player profiles up but it's all going to change this season so I won't bother for now.

Facilities wise things are ok. We play at the Boras Arena with a capacity of 16894 (12000 seated), with under soil heating. The pitch is synthetic (!). We have top training facilities, good youth facilities, average junior coaching and above average youth recruitment. We have 5 feeder clubs in Sweden, Iceland, Albania, Ghana and Brazil but I can't see that we've ever used them.

This is going to be a fun little challenge!

90.png

June - August 2019

96.png

94.png

Having already been knocked out of the domestic cup when I took over, it was straight into an away match with the runaway league leaders, which ended badly. With morale rock bottom it took us a few games to get going. The fact that in my first month I either sold or released 37 players tells you how bloated and unfocused this squad was, so getting a sense of a first choice XI and working on teamwork was on the priority list. Slowly, we started gelling and scraping together some results, mainly by one goal margins. This has hauled us up into eight, and if we win our games in hand, back into the hunt for a European spot, although the title is beyond us. The season is short though with only 30 games, so we need to keep the run going.

95.png

Our Champions League run has been a highlight, although hardly challenging given our opponent's included the champions of Estonia, Moldova and Bosnia. Still, we dispatched them easily, and earned ourselves not only the £6m for getting to the group stages, but an amazingly tough group with Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and Liverpool. Ouch. Six defeats there without question but the money is good. I've never played in Europe from Scandinavia before though so playing Europe in the close season will be odd.

93.png

September-December 2019

97.png

98.png

We couldn't finish the season with any sort of form and so just hung around in mid-table and we finished in 8th place. Disappointing given how dominant this club had been in Swedish football, but the team just isn't good enough. I will look to re-build in the close season and start completely afresh.

99.png

100.png

Unsurprisingly we were completely outclassed in the Champions League. We did decently enough though and didn't get utterly pasted in any of our games. No European football next year though.

Career Overview

Season    Club            Country    Division                Position   Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012      Frigg            Norway   Second Division Group 4  2nd        None
2013/14   Crewe Alexandra  England  Blue Square Premier      1st        Promotion; FA Trophy Runners Up
2014/15   Crewe Alexandra  England  League Two               2nd        Promotion
2015/16   Crewe Alexandra  England  League One               2nd        Promotion
2016/17   Crewe Alexandra  England  Championship             11th       None
2017/18   Crewe Alexandra  England  Championship             11th       Resigned 18th November
2017/18   Club Brugges     Belgium  Juliper Pro League       3rd        None
2018/19   Club Brugges     Belgium  Juliper Pro League       1st        Cofidis Cup Winners
2019      Elfsborg         Sweden   Allsvenskan              8th        None

I am not going to do a season overview for Elfsborg as I joined halfway through, and honestly, none of the players are worth introducing to you! It was in fact so despiriting that if any good job offers came I'd probably consider them.

Archived