The Golden1807 Journey

Golden1807

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

BadgeNorwich_City.pngV kd6auc.png

Norwich 2-1 Forest

A very poor performance and we found ourselves 2-0 down after 5 minutes. We managed to claw a goal back a few minutes later through Mike Eyre and somehow kept it at 2-1 to give us a good chance in the home leg.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

kd6auc.pngvBadgeNorwich_City.png

Forest 4-0 Norwich

(5-2)

A fantastic performance and complete domination. Stephane Rivera gave us an early lead before two goals from Henry put us 3-0 inside 15 minutes and from then on it was ours to lose. Bienvenu Ndongala wrapped it up with 20 minutes to go to send us into the final with ease. We have been incredible at home all season so I was always hopeful going into this one.

Just got this offer days before the biggest game of my career:

ShaunPearceNews_Inbox-5.png

I think I'll delay this for a week because I have no idea what to do with this. It is probably the biggest offer I have had yet and the transfer budget is huge in comparison to what I have at Forest. However I am on the verge of managing in the Premier League and don't know if the Ukrainian League would be a step back from that. I have never managed there so I have no idea what to expect. I just don't think I'd be making any progress in my career by going here. Taking Forest into the Prem could eventually open up bigger offers compared to this, though I am definitely attracted to the financial side of this one. The playoff final could play a big part in this decision.

Playoff Final

kd6auc.png v watfordfc-logo1.jpg

Forest 1-1 Watford

(Forest win 3-2 on pens)

Incredible drama! My god I nearly had a heart attack during this. I went 1-0 after 10mins and spent the rest of the match bombarding the Watford box. The equaliser finally came in the 90th minute via Henry to send this tie into extra time. Henry scored again in the 117th minute only for it to be ruled out and leave me slumped over my laptop a la Keegan 96.

Pens

Alain Eto'o SCORES for Forest (1-1) Blaz Kavcic SCORES for Watford

Henk Baum SCORES for Forest (2-2) Clesio Bauque SCORES for Watford

Henry MISSES for Forest (2-2) Alain Arsene MISSES for Watford

Bienvenu Ndongala MISSES for Forest (2-2) Arvydas Novikovas MISSES for Watford

Jonathan Mexique SCORES for Forest (3-2) Mauro Vanic MISSES for Watford

I was surprised to see Henk Baum convert. Despite boasting 18 for penalty taking I think he's missed all but one of his penalties for me. It was also a surprise and a shame to see Henry and Ndongala miss as they have been superb for me this season but nevertheless... we are Premier League bound!

2019/20 Season Review

Nottm Forest

kd6auc.png

Media Prediction: 24th

League Table

Form Graph

An unbelievable season from start to finish and to wrap it up with a dramatic promotion was just beyond my wildest dreams at the start. With a prediction of 24th I was seriously worried going into this one but my players surpassed all expectations. I had several job offers throughout this campaign from Ukraine, Turkey, Russia and Greece but my growing success here left me with no choice but to stay. So far in my career I've had very up and down seasons that often ended in a late surge but as the graph shows, this was a solid season throughout.

Star Players:

Two stand-out players for me were Bienvenu Ngongala and Henry with the former scoring 21 in 42 and the latter 25 in 26 since joining. Henry was in lethal form ever since he played his first game and I think if I had him for the whole season we could have went up automatically. He had a minimum fee release clause of £2.2m but I negotiated a new deal with him and increased that to £6.5m. However it says "Higher Division Clubs" so I'm guessing that clause can't be activated now that I'm in the Premier League.

The Future:

It would take a really top job for me to leave Forest now. I want to at least see how I do in my first season in the Prem before looking to progress. During the season I negotiated several deals to bring players in on free in the summer and I am very excited about adding them to my squad.

Andrija Deak

Nicolas Fournier

Maciej Jasinki

Jamie King

Ma Oh-Seong

I couldn't be happier with my career so far, I've felt slightly regretful leaving both previous clubs at the stages they were at but where I've taken Forest has shown this was a good move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   |  Team                |  League/Tournament            |  Country       | League Position   |               Notes              |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2011/12  |  Hereford United     | League Two                    |  England       |        20th       |                 N/A              |

| 2012/13  |  Port Vale           | League Two                    |  England       |        12th       |                 N/A              |
| 2013/14  |  Port Vale           | League Two                    |  England       |        4th        |       Promoted via Playoffs      |
| 2014/15  |  Port Vale           | League One                    |  England       |        8th        |                 N/A              |

[b][i]| 2015/16  |  Uruguay             | N/A                           |  N/A           |        N/A        |                 N/A              |
[/i][/b][b][i]| 2016/17  |  Uruguay             | N/A                           |  N/A           |        N/A        |                 N/A              |
[/i][/b][b][i]| 2017/18  |  Uruguay             | N/A                           |  N/A           |        N/A        |                 N/A              |[/i][/b]
[b][i]|   2018   |  Uruguay             | 2018 World Cup                |  N/A           |        N/A        |           Quarter Finals         |
[/i][/b]
| 2018/19  |  N.Forest            | League One                    |  England       |        2nd        |               Promoted           |

[b][i]|   2019   |  Uruguay             | 2019 Copa America             |  N/A           |        N/A        |               Winners            |
[/i][/b]
| 2019/20  |  N.Forest            | Championship                  |  England       |        3rd        |        Promoted via playoffs     |

Congrats on promotion! I think you made the right call sticking with them too. More impressed with Wolves running away with the league. I'll take that next season thanks!

Cheers!

Haha should have stuck with Mick!

You'll be delighted to know they had two seasons of finishing 7th, in 2012/13 and 16/17! They gave me a stuffing in the cup this season though.

ShaunPearceNews_Inbox-6.png

Another tempting job offer to consider, this time Real Sociedad. This has come a year too early or else I would have accepted it because I feel I need at least a season with Forest in the Prem to see how it goes. Might have to be my last though because I can't keep rejecting offers.

ShaunPearceNews_Inbox-7.png

After a hectic summer of trying to bolster my squad at Forest, I get this offer. I think I'd be an absolute fool to turn this down given the nature of my save. It'l be a shame to leave Forest in my first season up but the aim is all about winning things and this is a great chance.

I wouldn't normally wish relegation on anybody, but as you're F*rest I'll make an exception! ;o)

Seriously though, good read so far. KUTGW.

haha I've just left for Chelsea but I hope to have left them in good shape! The money at Chelsea was too good to turn down after many seasons of shoe-string budgets.

And cheers :thup:

Advice needed

I'm looking for a new defensive midfielder to eventually replace Felliaini(32) and have found this one.

Duncan Hughes

My scouts only rate him as 2.5 stars but that seems harsh given his stats.

I was wondering what people thought about him based on his stats? Do you think the scout is being harsh with this one?

Season 2020/21 Preview

Chelsea F.C

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Nickname: The Blues

Stadium: Chelsea Stadium

Capacity: 58,750

Balance: £87,906,919

Transfer Budget: £51.37m

Wage Budget: £2,013,616 pw

Wage Spend: £1,718,123 pw

My first action was to bring in my own Assistant Manager and scouting team and send them off around the world. In terms of transfers I have only brought in

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/MrDSchrute/ArsenalvChelseaInformation_Overview.png[/img]Not a massively important competition but it's always nice to start off with a win especially against rivals."]Horacio Straconi (£17m over 48 months) who I know from managing Uruguay. I managed to sell my current goalkeeper to Barcelona for £20m so a cheeky little profit there. I've been quoted ridiculous price for players so far which I'm not prepared to pay yet. I think I'll just stick with the current squad which looks good enough for the moment and then move on transfers when my scouts come back to me. I am however making a move on Duncan Hughes despite my scouts not rating him too highly. I was going to trust my scouts at first then I saw Man City sniffing about so I'm pulling the trigger.

Star Players:

Romelu Lukaku

Ad Bravenboer (Age: 26, RB) - Started his career at Ajax but made a £4.2m move to Werder Bremen before he had even played a league game for the club. A fantastic season in Germany attracted interest from Chelsea who made a £10.75m swoop in 2019. He is currently into his second season and has 1 goal in 21 appearances for Holland.

Antonio Almeida (Age: 24, CB) - Chelsea took Almeida from Porto for £5.75m before he had played a game for them. He is now into this third season with the club and has 1 goal in 23 appearances for Portugal.

Robert Bosschaart (Age: 23, CB) - Six good years in the Eredivisie with PSV sparked interest from Dortmund who took him to Germany for £15m. He only went on to make 24 league appearances for the Germans before a £30m move to Chelsea in 2019 where he enters his second season. He currently has 26 caps for Holland with no goals.

Ivan Simecek (Age: 24, CM/AM) - Having burst onto the scene at a young age Sikecek played a pivotal role in his first 7 seasons at Werder Bremen before a £5.75m move to Spartak Moscow. He spent two years here before a £11.75m move to Chelsea in 2019 where he now starts his second season. He currently has 2 goals in 14 appearances for Czech Rep.

Thomas Sasse (Age: 25, CM/RM) - Sasse spent 8 years at Leverkusen with a loan spell at Villarreal inbetween but failed to hold down a regular spot. It was in 2019 when Chelsea signed him for £14.75m where he now enters his second season. He currently has 4 goals in 18 appearances for Germany.

Evgeny Victorov (Age: 27, LB) - Having started his career at Shakhtar, Victorov made the move to Dinamo Moscow for £4.8m where he spend two years before an £11m move to Chelsea in 2019. He currently has 11 caps for Ukraine with no goals.

Dougie Kennedy (Age: 22, RW) - Man Utd signed Kennedy from Rangers as a 15 year old and he had several loan spells at Spartak Moscow and Molde before leaving permanently for Chelsea in 2019 for £20.5m. He now enters his second season as a Blue and has 1 goal in 10 appearances for Scotland.

Angelo Sacchelli (Age: 25, LW) - Sacchelli is starting his third season at Chelsea following an £11.5m move from Torino in 2018. So far he has 1 goal in 22 appearances for Italy.

Some good quality throughout the team also including Mata, Walcott, Ox-Chamberlain, Fellaini, Luiz, Ramires, Asanaldi and Koscielny. Obviously with my transfer budget I will be looking to improve it but that will probably come in January.

Young players to keep an eye on:

Dan Platel (On loan at Sheff Wed) - 20 year old youth academy product who has had two previous loan spells with Charlton and Crewe that didn't really set the world alight. Both loan spells combined he managed 11 goals in 55 league appearances.

Dmitrijs Tarasovs (On loan at Sheff Utd) - 19 year old RB/CB who was signed from Metalurgs for £850k back in 2017. He has had loan spells at Blackburn and Stoke as well as making 5 league appearances for Chelsea.

Mark Dockerty - 21 year old striker signed from Torquay for £2.1m in 2015. I'm still trying to get this one out on loan. I have been getting a few loan bids but for use as backup which I never see the pint in. He has had previous loan spells at Leicester and Brighton and has been to Standard (Link) several times but without much success. His stats look impressive but I'd rather he'd have made a bit more of an impact either at the club or on loan by this age. He has scored 7 in 17 at U21 level.

Luciano Martinez (On loan at Sheff Wed) - 20 year old AM/CM signed from Estudiantes (LP) for £1.2m in 2018. So far he has had a spell at Standard where he was only given 5 games. I'm starting to think I need to cut ties with Standard, not many of my players seem to have been given a chance there. He has scored 1 in 4 U21 appearances for Spain.

Darren McCabe (On loan at Sheff Wed) - 20 year old ST/RW product of the youth academy who has had two loan spells at Crystal Palace and my old boys Port Vale scoring a total of 10 in 26.

Fikret Hadzic (On loan at Sheff Wed) - 20 year old LB signed from Velez for £625k in 2018 who has so far had successful loan spells at Bolton and Lokomotiv Moscow. He has scored 1 goal in 26 appearances for Switzerland U21s.

Zdenek Nedved (On Loan at Charlton) - 19 year old LW who was signed from Banik Ostrava for £55k in 2018 in what seems a good bit of business. This season sees his first loan spell since signign. I've already rejected a bid from Barcelona for him so that alone makes me want to keep him. He has 1 goal in 9 appearances for Czech Republic U21s.

David Kohout (On loan at Westerlo) - 18 year old LM who was also signed for £55k from Pribram in 2018. I have sent him on his first loan spell to Westerlo (Link). He has 1 goal in 14 appearances for Czech Republic U21s.

I'll have to give it a year or two before I really judge some of these but some look promising. I really wish it gave you an indication of how a player will be used when you try and send them to an affiliated club.

Chelsea squad & stats (all competitions) as of Sept 1 2020

App              Goals
[b]GK[/b]
Horacio Straconi         4                 -
Wayne Hennessey          12                -
Samuel Radlinger         10                -

[b]DEF[/b]
Midhat Arnautovic        88                0
Ad Bravenboer            58                0
Evgeny Victorov          26                0
David Luiz               311               5
Laurent Koscielny        113               4
Robert Bosschaart        51                0
Antonio Almeida          106               4
Cristian Ansaldi         145               5
[b]
MID[/b]
Ramires                  276              17
Marouane Fellaini        172              31
Duncan Hughes            3                 1
Thomas Sasse             49                5
Adem Ljajic              50               10
Juan Mata                381             107
Dougie Kennedy           46               12
Angelo Sacchelli         103              11
Ivan Simecek             16                7
Rene Franta              2                 0

[b]FWD
[/b]Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  98               32
Theo Walcott             233              50
Romelu Lukaku            333             158
Lacina Traoe             227              79

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectatons:

League: Win the league

FA Cup: Reach the final

League Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach the final

Last season Chelsea pulled off the treble so I've got a lot to live up to. I've got a feeling I'll be facing Roman's famous premature axe with those high expectations. With my aims to win so many trophies I don't want a massive stay here but I'd love to get a few Premier League titles under my belt, provided I'm not sacked. I'm just relieved to have reached this stage of my career where I can pick up jobs like this. Let the fun start here!

Community Shield 2020/21:

Arsenal v Chelsea

ArsenalvChelseaInformation_Overview.png

Not a massively important competition but it's always nice to start off with a win especially against rivals. Quite a few yellow cards here for a game treated almost like a friendly.

Chelsea Stadium debut

ChelseavSwanseaInformation_Overview.png

Chelsea's first ever game in their new stadium ends in an opening day win at home to Swansea. How this was only 1-0 I'll never know. They didn't have a shot until the 85th minute and I was really dreading a smash and grab. Good start though and up next..... a trip to N. Forest!

Two new signings I have brought in:

Duncan Hughes - Age: 23 - I weighed up this move for a while but finally pulled the trigger and got him in. My other defensive midfielder options were Ramires and Fellaini so I needed to bring in somebody younger. He came through the youth ranks at Wolves and had loan spells at Bristol City, Leeds and Wigan before a £3.4m move to Premier League side Huddersfield where he spend one year with an average rating of 7.25.

Rene Franta - Age: 20 - Franta was highly recommended by my scouts and I felt I was lacking in depth in the attacking midfield area with Mata ageing. He isn't yet the finished article but like I said he won't be a starter straight away. He started his career at SK Rapid Wien where he spent 3 years making 49 league appearances contributing 16 goals and 16 assists. Ajax then snapped him up on a free where he made 31 league appearances contributing 11 goals and 4 assists before a big money move to Chelsea.

N. Forest v Chelsea

NottmForestvChelseaInformation_Overview.png

A very comfortable win on my first return to Forest. I'd like to think I was given a warm reception after my back-to-back promotions but I'm sure the nature of this defeat would have seen them chant abuse at me. If their start is anything to go by they could be in for a very tough season, though I really hope they beat the drop.

Birmingham 3-0 N. Forest

N. Forest ​0-4 Chelsea

English League Cup 3rd Round Draw:

EnglishLeagueCupOverview_Stages.png

Easy enough draw that should see me through.

I forgot to mention I won the European Super Cup after beating Werder Bremen 3-1 (aet) in a very entertaining match. That takes my trophy haul with Chelsea to two, albeit they are minor trophies.

Uruguay - Cavani - 6 to go

EdinsonCavaniOverview_Information.png

I vowed not to drop Cavani from the first team picture until he reached 100 international goals. Well he's closing in on it now with only 6 to go. And to be honest the players cominng through for Uruguay are pretty poor so there's no reason to drop him anyway. I'm really not confident ahead of the next World Cup unless something drastic happens over the next 2 years.

Season Update - September 2020

Results:

ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures.png

League Table:

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Champions League:

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-2.png

A good start to the season which has seen some high-scoring wins and a big result away at Arsenal. I completely undone my win against Inter with a defeat at Galatasaray though, but I still can't see me not qualifying. I'm still waiting for the return of Lukaku from injury but so for Traore has done well. N. Forest have had a shocking start to the campaign, one which both saddens me and leaves me relieved for taking this opportunity at Chelsea.

Season Update - November 2020

Results

ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

League Table

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Champions League Group

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-3.png

A good run of form but the home defeat to Spurs was disappointing. We didn't create much and probably deserved to lose. We can still be top if we win our game in hand though so I'm delighted wit the start we've made especially the away win at City where I thought for sure I'd taste my first league defeat. An away draw at Inter pretty much secured top spot for me, assuming I don't stuff it up at home to Galatasary. Having said that Real Madrid are currently occupying 2nd place in their respective group so that could be a potential stinker of a draw. Lukaku made his long-awaited return from injury and bagged a couple of goals before pulling his hamstring. I've excluded him from the Club Championship squad to give him time to resume full fitness for the league programme.

In other news, Forest are still looking for their first win of the season, with draws at Villa and Huddersfield giving them their only 2 points. Already 12 points behind 17th, they look doomed already.

For the people who were following Stoke and Wolves' progress they sit 8th and 11th respectively!

FA Cup 3rd Round

Crewe v Chelsea

Confederations Cup 2021 - Hosts: Qatar

ConfederationsCupOverview_Stages.png

Completely forgot about this but I'll welcome it! A chance for Cavani to reach 100 goals. (Currently 95)

Club World Championship 2021 - Hosts: Morocco

Semi Final

Es Tunis v Sao Paulo

Saprissa v ​Chelsea

Club World Championship Semi Final:

Saprissa 0-3 Chelsea

Champions League 1st Knockout Round:

Lyon v Chelsea

Arsenal v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Man City

Athletic v Marsielle

At. Madrid v Porto

Panathinaikos v PSG

Roma v Dortmund

A couple of tasty ties there. Not too pleased with Lyon to be honest, especially with Panathinaikos still hanging in there but I fancy my chances. I've also just had a £40mil bid accepted for a midfielder I was unable to sign in the summer so I'm delighted with that. I went as high as £55m in the summer so I don't know what's changed. He's just been voted World Player of the year as well. I'll update with a screenshot of him when he signs in a couple of weeks time.

Update:

Club Championship Final

Sao Paulo 1-2 Chelsea (aet)

A very entertaining match which I won in extra time. I fell behind in the first minute and didn't equalise until the 87th minute. I had rested a lot of my key players so I was expecting a close match so I'm happy to add this to the trophy cabinet.

League Cup Semi Final draw

Previous Rounds:

3rd Round - Chelsea 3-0 Hull

4th Round - Huddersfield 0-3 Chelsea

Quarter Final - Brighton 0-1 Chelsea

Semi Final:

Arsenal v Man City

Man Utd v Chelsea

A surprisingly fierce looking semi final line-up. I've been resting a lot of players during this competition but I might have to play a few of the stars in this one

Season Update - January 2021

Results

ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

League Table

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

With the Club Championships taking place I have been left with a few games in hand so this isn't a true reflection of the league. I got a massive draw away at Man Utd and probably could have won it but I think once I've played as many games I should have a comfortable lead at the top.

My January dealings are:

Players In

Sergio Jara (Age: 22, CM/DM - £40m from Corinthians) - this is a player I tried my best to sign since I joined summer and even had a £55m offer rejected. My scouts and assistant manager all rate him very highly and somehow I managed to get him for $40m. I was also a genius in the contract negotiations, his agent wanted £115k and I offered £70k, he then lowered to £105k and I lowered to £56k at which point they bottled it and accepted! He looks like a quality player and if a few of those 15s turn to 16s he will look an absolute beast. Jara started his career at Cerro Porteno where he spent 4 years while having a season on loan at Sao Paulo in the process. He then made a £9m move to Corinthians where he had 3 fantastic seasons before his eventual big money move to Chelsea in Jan 2021. He is a Paraguayan international with 50 caps and 9 goals.

Christian Ferreira (Age: 21, CM - £3.1m from Guarani) - Ferreira was brought to me by my scouts and I noticed a minimum fee release clause of £3.1m. He has some impressive stats but for this season and possibly next at least he will be used for back up. I am looking to move on the likes of Fellaini, Mata and Ramires to make way for the likes of him and Rene Franta so he is continuing my building process. Like Jara he started his career at Cerro Porteno but only spent one year there before a £1.2m move to Guarani. He had 4 very good seasons here before being snapped up by Chelsea in his fifth. Again like Jara he is a Paraguayan international, with 34 caps and 5 goals.

I could really do with Uruguay producing one of these as my midfield is pretty shocking.

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/MrDSchrute/ZoubaierLanglizOverview_Profile.png[/img]"]Zoubaier Langliz (Age: 26, MR/RW - £10.5m from Brescia) - He was signed for just £10.5m which was enough to activate a release clause. A relatively low transfer fee and wages of just £42.5k makes this deal a pretty good one. Despite his average mental stats I brought him as another option for the wings because I don't see a long term future for Walcott or Chamberlain though they have both played a good bit-part role so far this season. Langliz started his career at Etoile du Sahel before spending three years at Al-Rayyan followed by three years at Club Brugge. A £2.6 deal then took him to Udinese where he spent just one season before Bresica signed him for £5.25m. He only played half a season at Brescia when Chelsea took him to the Premier League. He is a Tunisian international with 70 caps and 26 goals.

Players Out

Samuel Radlinger (Age: 28, GK - £250k to Derby) - Third choice goalkeeper who hadn't played all season. I didn't see much point keeping him on the wage bill.

Adam Ljajic (Age: 29, LW/AM - £5m to Lyon) - He was hardly getting a game especially with all the midfielders I had brought in. I was going to wait until the summer to move him on but he voiced his concern so I cashed in.

On a side-note, I recieved a message regarding the African Players of the Year and it was my prolific striker from Forest who claimed striker of the year, always nice to see. Speaking of Forest they have managed two wins lately and have climbed off the bottom of the table. Looks like they could be putting up a bit of a fight afterall.

henrystrikerofyear.png

FA Cup Draw

Previous Rounds:

3rd Round: Crewe 0-3 Chelsea

4th Round: Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

5th Round draw:

Chelsea v Millwall

Huddersfield v Man City

Blackpool/Wigan v Wolves

Arsenal/Bournemouth v Liverpool

Fulham v Everton

Leeds v Man Utd

Reading/Rochdale v Norwich

Bolton v Swansea

ALSO

I beat Man Utd 1-0 over two legs in the League Cup semi and will face Arsenal in the final

Six games to go....

The Title Race

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

There's only three teams in the title race at this point and I have a six point lead after a brilliant last minute winner at Spurs. Massive game last day of the season!

Fixtures:

Chelsea

Everton (H)

Aston Villa (H)

Fulham (A)

Wolves (H)

Sunderland (A)

Man Utd (H)

Man Utd

West Ham (A)

N. Forest (A)

Liverpool (H)