Ever made a successful 4-2-3-1?

This may have already been answered (I'll have a look back at the thread later on), but has anyone managed to create a 4-2-3-1 system where the AMC will drop back into the deeper midfield to overhaul the opposition in that area. Here's my midfield set-up and what I'm looking to achieve;

midfieldsetupafc.png

As you've probably guessed, I'm an Arsenal fan and I often observe in reality that the 'reported' AMC drops deep into the 2-man midfield to create, almost, a flat 4-3-3 midfield. I'm just inquiring to see whether anyone's managed to achieve this, or has any words of advice to help me do so. I'm thinking that a flat 4-3-3 formation will be the best way forward, but I can't seem to get the MC, who would be the AMC in a 4-2-3-1 formation, to get up alongside my Trequartista, Robin van Persie.

You could try using the AMC as an Attacking Midfielder on a Support duty because as per the TC description, he will drop back and help out in defense. Or you could try a flat 3 in midfield with the MC as a Box to Box midfielder, he will get alongside the striker at times and also back to help out in defense at times.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could try using the AMC as an Attacking Midfielder on a Support duty because as per the TC description, he will drop back and help out in defense. Or you could try a flat 3 in midfield with the MC as a Box to Box midfielder, he will get alongside the striker at times and also back to help out in defense at times.

I'm not too fussed about him helping out in defence, I just want to see him drop into the 2-man midfield to overhaul, or outpass, the opposition midfield. I'm going to try the idea of a flat 4-3-3. If anyone has anything to add, please do :thup:

Alter his mentality manually and make it a lot deeper. You'll only be able to achieve what you want him to do by doing it manually.

I always tend to alter the player instructions manually. Anyway, here's my set-up for the AMC;

amcpi.png

I don't know what you want to make of that. Anyway, I've just created a flat 4-3-3 set-up which, in theory, should work well. Looking forward to trying it out.

Archived