Fernando Torres' Stats

My take on the situation is that Torres has completely gone off the boil, and this is why we have (in FM) CA and PA.

In my opinion Torres PA should remain high. He has proven in the past that he can be one of the best strikers in the world. However at the moment, I would say he is a mid-table type of striker. Whatever the reasons for this are irrelevant, but the facts speak for themselves. He isn't playing well, don't care what anyone say's about his general play, he is poor at the moment.

But, his CA needs reducing. To put it in perspective his CA is higher than Mata or Dzeko, and that can't be right at the moment.

Nah mate, this is embarrassing

But not as embarrassing as his goals to games ratio for Chelsea.

In any case you have not understood what I am saying - I'm not saying he is a mediocre player, I am stating that the arguement used to explain his lack of form could be used for any striker who isn't scoring goals.

Yet in that same game he scored a great goal.

That miss could have happened to anyone. There's loads of examples of great players missing sitters, doesn't make them any less great.

Torres at the moment is suffering immense lack of confidence. Once he gets that back and either adapts to Chelsea's style or they adapt to his he'll be banging them in like there's no tomorrow.

I think you just need to lower his consistency, I mean the guy still has talent, just it isn't showing at the minute, so to lower his CA would be a bit harsh.

Why is it harsh to lower his current ability? Do you really believe that his current ability is better than that of Mata or Dzeko? His CA needs to be dropped by at least 10, but keep his PA high so that he can regain his greatness in time - as he will have to in real life. Anyone that thinks he is going to turn around his season just like that by scoring a fluke or simlar is deluding themselves. He will get there in time, and through hard work.

Archived