Steam....

Not true. The game was cracked and available for download on release day. Steam is not a way of protecting a game from pirating and never has been. However, it is a way of reaching gamers who might not look for your genre of game and are introduced to it via steams bullying advertising. It is a game platform not an anti pirate platform.

I agree with you fred, Steam is nothing but a pain in the ass and if people want to play online it should have been made an option to use it or not and not just forced on people.

If I go and download the pirated version now I could be playing my save again in no time but as it stands I am now coming up to 4 days of not being able to access a game that I bought. I know I keep saying this and I'm sorry but it really is making me mad now.

The more you talk of downloading a pirated version of the game, the more chance you'll be banned. Not that anyone would miss you. People have tried helping you, but the more you go on about how you're considering downloading a pirated version, the less help you'll get.

If you could read properly you would see that I have not said 'I will download' anything, all I said was that I could and after the experience I'm having I can understand why people would.

Also, I'm fully aware that people are trying to help so if you try reading correctly again you'll see that I've thanked those people.

The more you talk of downloading a pirated version of the game, the more chance you'll be banned. Not that anyone would miss you. People have tried helping you, but the more you go on about how you're considering downloading a pirated version, the less help you'll get.
He never said he'd consider downloading a pirated copy - he basically restated the paradox that the more DRM you stick on a product, the more tempting the pirated copy becomes. Which is not surprising, seeing as how extremely tough DRM, like Spore's, ends up with then-record piracy rates.

Yeah, if you read properly, I said the more you talk of downloading. You said you could. Even if you don't plan on doing it, having said it means that's it's crossing your mind and you've said that. So yeah :herman:.
I could walk down the street and murder someone. I'm talking about murder - does this mean I should be arrested?

He's not a pirate, nor is he advocating piracy.

Yeah, if you read properly, I said the more you talk of downloading. You said you could. Even if you don't plan on doing it, having said it means that's it's crossing your mind and you've said that. So yeah :herman:.

Every forum I have ever been a member of has people like you in them, all you do is post comments to provoke arguments but you're not getting one hear so if you haven't got any worthwhile advice or information on the subject in hand it would be better if you just didn't post here.

I agree with you fred, Steam is nothing but a pain in the ass and if people want to play online it should have been made an option to use it or not and not just forced on people.

With the exception of not being able to play fm whilst its patching, I think steam is brilliant and I think its far more accessible and easier with it being on Steam, plus the SI guys find it easier to patch etc.

I just think the loudest voice on the internet is the people that complain, thats why guys like the OP think they are the majority in disliking it.

With the exception of not being able to play fm whilst its patching, I think steam is brilliant and I think its far more accessible and easier with it being on Steam, plus the SI guys find it easier to patch etc.

I just think the loudest voice on the internet is the people that complain, thats why guys like the OP think they are the majority in disliking it.

My God, how many more misquotes are we going to see in here? Where did I say 'the majority'?

It won't be long before someone comes in here and says it was me who said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction!

I'm very pleased for you being totally happy with Steam but I can assure you there are thousands maybe even millions of people world wide who are not, all you have to do is read posts in other forums and you know this.

This is the bit where I assume you feel your in the majority.

If "millions of people worldwide" are not happy with it noone is forcing them to use it, and if you hate it that much you can always go back to fm11!

thats why guys like the OP think they are the majority in disliking it.
The OP has paid for the product and he can't play the game because of Steam. :D Of course he dislikes Steam! It has absolutely nothing to do with the Steam/anti-Steam divide. It is just one customer who can't play the game, which he legally purchased.

Steam babbling can go into other threads, if the moderators allow it.

None of this is helping the OP, who has legally purchased the game, to actually play his game.

The OP has paid for the product and he can't play the game because of Steam. :D Of course he dislikes Steam! It has absolutely nothing to do with the Steam/anti-Steam divide. It is just one customer who can't play the game, which he legally purchased.

None of this is helping the OP, who has legally purchased the game, to actually play his game.

Quite right again mate, thank you (again).....

@ rimm, 'millions' worldwide doesn't necessarily mean or imply a majority mate, when you consider there are an estimated 850 million Internet users 1 or 2 or even 3 million is nowhere near a majority.

thread title is 'Steam....'

I recon 'Steam babbling' can go in here as well, if thats alright with you of course sir!

Great news, well it is for me at least, I've finally heard off Steam and it appears that 'our' first suspicions were right and it was indeed 'an attempt' to hijack my account. All account details have now been changed (ably assisted by Steam support). I had to re-install FM12 but fortunately my saved game has gone straight back in with no issues at all. I have also enabled 'Steam Guard' which I highly recommend you all do if you haven't already.

Thanks very much to you guys that helped out here!

All in all - Steam recognised your account was hijacked and blocked it. I say the delay in getting back to you was them investigating it.

On another note had an issue with Steam today myself. Computer crash and steam wouldn't load.

I had to

Run CCleaner to rid the registry and program files

Then reinstall steam

Couldn't remember my Steam details

Sent off account verification - and got email instant

Sent off password verification - got email instant

Launched steam

For some reason it downloaded FM 12 again

And then it launched fine

Playing game now.

Yes you could quite possibly be right Eugene, Steam may well have been investigating because I don't suppose they knew for sure if I was the genuine user of the account or not, maybe that's what took so long, they were trying to work out who was telling the truth, me or 'him'.....lol

Anyway, crisis over thank God...... and thanks for your help again mate.

(nice to hear you sorted your's too).

After all the troubles STEAM caused which only some posting about it in this forum, I find it extremely amazing that so many users still praise it sky high. I almost convinced one got handsomely reward for that... :)

Well it certainly won't be me mate and I still remain unconvinced but enough said on the matter now, everything is working as normal again.

Archived