[FM12] Australian pyramid

With the Singapore issue, it is usually to do with the change to the minimum number of teams in several of the state leagues - off the top of my head they are Brisbane Premier League, NSW Premier, Victorian Premier, WA Premier and SA Premier. I managed to sort this out by ensuring those leagues had the minimum number of teams required - 4 teams... it didn't matter if I added more than 4 into these leagues, it still worked.

I've managed to solve the Singapore issue whilst keeping it working with other files. However to achieve this I had to remove the Queensland D1 and replace this with the Brisbane Premier League and also I had to reduce the relegation from State Premier to first divisions from 3 to 2 (the total number promoted and relegated can't be more than the min. number of teams which I had to set at 4 for some divisions in order to fix Singapore).

@prot no idea why that is happening as this was done on the basic editor. Are you using the new update? Might be the issue as I've seen a few bugs raised about it.

@jlm I've not paid attention to it in my testing but it should do by default as it's what the game engine does for 'out of the box' leagues. Yes you can.

I have made it work but a puzzeling question ? How have you managed the relegation issue from group C to the relevant states ? EG if 3 teams go down and are from Victoria, NSW and OLD ? Do they go into there appropiate divisions when relegated ? Because if 3 go up and they are from WA SA or Tas how are those leagues functional now they have lost a team from there divisions and VIC Qld and NSW have gained extra teams . Also what happens when Wellington Phoenix get relegated from A To C League then relegated again fron the C League ? ( Where do they go ) ???????????????????????????????

You said you ran this for 2 full seasons with no issues but the leagues are floored

After 1st season 3 teams were relegated from Hyundai C league 1 NSW 1 Vic 1 Qld team . From the state teams the 3 promoted were 2 NSW and 1 Vic team . In the new season the deleted teams were all over the place and in the Northern Territiry league i found 3 Adelaide teams and there were 2 Northern Territory teams in the NSW League.

Sorry this is a floored system and not your fault . Many have tried but there is no solution to the way it stuffs up . After 5 years teams will be all over the place

Good luck anyway and i do like the system but it does not work

Regarding the issues flagged up I will set set regional divisions to all teams. Hopefully that should stop the mass displacement of teams.

The issue may also may be with the number parameters I set in relation to max no. of teams which I had to set at certain levels in order to have the file work with Singapore.

Well you can see if that works but no one has managed it yet even powelly-lad02 has not managed to find a way . I set boundries for all leagues but the problem is what i stated above. If you have a NSW Premier league set to 12 and a VIC Premir League set to 12 teams or even a range from 6 to 12 teams it wont work because if 3 NSW teams go up from Premier League and Say 3 Vic teams are relegated from C League you are left with only 9 teams in NSW Premier league and 15 Teams in VIC Premier League. Do this for a few seasons and its a stuff up. Also Wellington Phoenix ? From C-League to where ?

I really hope you find a way but its the editor that is not capable. Simple though if you could attach a numer to a NSW league ( Say 101 ) and every team from NSW has the Same number attached they would prob go to right divisions

Good Luck

As I've said the best solution is assigning each team a regional division.

As for Wellington I'm not sure where I'd set them to. In of literal geography Tasmania is the state with the closest point to NZ but given the weakness of the Tasmanian teams I will set them to either NSW or VIC.

• 11 months later...

Archived