Player Search screen is very slow

I can't even see or edit the attributes that I stipulate for the scouts?

Say if I assign Giles Grimandi to France U18s and 3.5 stars. I can't see that I've done that when I go back into the Scouting screen.

In my experience, the time the player search screen needs to load depends on the columns you select. It is a lot faster if you exclude the graphics, thus star-rating, club badges and national flags. I also noticed that if you sort players by their star-rating, it takes longer for the list to load than if you sort by an attribute.

But I need the star rating and the nationality automatically puts a flag in? The News column is a Star, and I need that too?

I'll try it.

But for me it was removing over 4,500 scout reports and it's working a lot faster now. It only took me most of yesterday :(

Yeh I've posted it in the bugs forum. It really needs to be sped up.

I definitely have faster player search screen now. But I have very few scout reports. It took hours to remove them all, as removing them all in one go caused the game to stop responding.

I know only have my scouts specifically searching for players with 3.5 stars or above, and 18 years of age. As I have a young squad already, so I don't need any new players right now. But want to build for the future.

However, once a month I still have to go back into the Player search.

Search for Players with 3 stars or less. Then remove those scout reports.

You can tell who has a scout report by including that column under Insert Column>Scouting> Days Old

It's really annoying. I would hope my Scouts only returned with Reports of players that would fit into my squads? Not a 0.5* star player? Why are reports being generated for all players?

Yes. It's quite a quandary, I don't know the answer.

What about making a sub-shortlist, that is not active, of scouted players?

I just wish the Scout Reports for certain Star rated players were not generated at all. I wish that was a preference I could set on the Scouting screen.

Somewhere on that screen to set up a scouting range (say star rating of potential and age) then drag and drop certain scouts into that "Search Pool" and they only reported on just those.

Currently, with the Scouting, you can't even see what you have set them scout for, except the region. I have mine set to scout for 3.5 stars and 18 years of age, but it's not reflected on that screen, nor can I edit those without first removing the scout report.

The Scouts need to be smarter and easier to ammend searching + delivering relevant scout reports.

I think you should be able to set a "Relevancy" in the Scouting screen to only generate reports for certain "Star rated players"

PLUS - I think it should remove the scout reports of any player that falls below this threshold.

• 3 months later...

Its no good saying "it's your system". It isn't.

If it was your system and being the same number of players to search, why would it take a hell of a lot longer 3 months into the game? It doesn't happen with every save, just some.

Never had a problem with it until the last but one patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived