what the hell is really going on in jolly old England

As i've already stated, it's because they have big Ego's, if you don't control them, they wont play well. Take Carlos Tevez for instance (In Real Life), he's rich, he's gone missing and wont come back to his club. He has such a big Ego and doesn't care even if the club fines him 2 weeks wages. He knows that he can do what he likes because he is rich and lots of teams would love to have him and keep him happy.

OK since you want to go there... I'll see your Tevez and raise you a Terrell Owens and a Randy Moss(2 of the best in their time). It doesn't matter. Men and their feelings means NOTHING !!! You take the job or leave it. We all know this, and this game; which we all love mind you, is so in tume to a man's feelings it almost disgusting.

Trying to clarify as best as i can. Follow me so far ( meaning do you understand what i mean, or am saying). If so please continue... This gane FM12 which i do love don't get me wrong; is more about passion than execution. If i don't stroke my players ego..... it's a Einstien thing.... you know Eienstien all about ego, Id, and super ego. Well hey my players want to take offense to me; the manager, not being pleasant to them... hence they don't perform as i would like. Get It?

It was Sigmund Freud that came up with the ego, id and super ego. Not Einstein.

Back on topic I've found that slating my players and telling them how rubbish they are has made them go on to improve.

OK since you want to go there... I'll see your Tevez and raise you a Terrell Owens and a Randy Moss(2 of the best in their time). It doesn't matter. Men and their feelings means NOTHING !!! You take the job or leave it. We all know this, and this game; which we all love mind you, is so in tume to a man's feelings it almost disgusting.

I don't know where I supposedly "Went", but you obviously don't know much about football and the fact that "Human Beings" have feelings, also that footballers have huge Ego's and their "Feelings" get hurt very easily if they are top class. I think you should stick to American Football or something.

Not true my brothers; not to get to Clock work Orange on you, but back On Topic... This game which i love mind you is based SOLEY on a man's feeling's. FEELINGS people! A man has a job to do and must perform... end of story!

Surely you must realize that a true leader makes the players perform better than what is expected from them in the same way as a poor leader makes the team underperform? Man management has made and will continue to make a huge difference in all team sports.

Surely you must realize that a true leader makes the players perform better than what is expected from them in the same way as a poor leader makes the team underperform? Man management has made and will continue to make a huge difference in all team sports.

Agreed and this is what I've tried to explain to our friend over the water.

I think he may need to accept how things are done in football, both UK AND Worldwide. Alternatively this perhaps may not be his thing. Saying that, I wonder how football is played in USA.....Becham is good example of a pampered player. I bet he doesn't get both barrels :D

Think of it like how people treat players like Kobe, LeBron and D howard in the NBA. Lebron will never get as much crap from his coach when he plays badly as some random rookie would. And Kobe has always had to be pampered to stay happy...otherwise players like this would be unhappy and choke on the court! (like Lebrons last playoffs with the Cavs).

The human emotion side of football is even more important because they stay on the pitch much longer and a single mistake can change a game.

Archived