Coaches attributes query?

So I'm trying to get 4.5 star in my shooting coaches department, what I understand the stats needed are Attack / Technical / DDM, the trouble is there aren't many coaches with all the desired stats for the 4.5 stars I craze. So can you get 2 coaches with say:

Coach 1.

Attacking 18

Technical 10

DDM - above 12

Coach 2.

Attacking 11

Technical 17

DDM - above 12

Star rating is based on the attributes from your best coach. Adding multiple coaches only helps with workload. More stars in training does not have that much of an effect though. Try to find a 3.5 or 4 star coach, it will not make that much of a difference. Get a young coach if you can, with some luck he develops his attributes over the next years.

I know I'm not wrong. Having won the Premiership with Bolton without giving a hoot about training. (Time and time again). You can say you disagree but not that I'm wrong. Unless of course you can prove it???

Bad coaching wont stop you winning things, but it wont exactly help you develop players as you'd like. They may develop well, but with good training and coaches, it makes that slight difference. Any difference is worth it.

Bad coaching wont stop you winning things, but it wont exactly help you develop players as you'd like. They may develop well, but with good training and coaches, it makes that slight difference. Any difference is worth it.

Agreed.

Winning the Prem has nothing to do with player dev. which is why we have coaches for training in the first place.

Of the two viewpoints expressed here ("coaches to be completely irrelevant" and "coaches make ALL the difference "), I personally lean more towards the irrelevance. The biggest influence on CA gain is match time, at the highest level possible. Any coaching distributes the gained CA pretty much the same, the quality of a coach simply speeds redistribution of attributes. If you get your players in young enough, they won't need much redistribution, as they will be fitting what you want long before their CA maxes out.

The biggest influence on CA gain is match time, at the highest level possible.

This doesn't match my experience at all. In my experience, the most important factors for player progression, in order, are:

- Match Fitness (at what level is irrelevant, as long as they're kept fit and playing matches)

- Full Time Contract

- Standard of Training Facilities

- Standard of Coaches

- Intensity of Training Schedules

- Morale/Happiness

The level they're playing at doesn't even enter into it. I've had a bunch of guys become world class players (160+ CA) playing under 19s football, with hardly a first team appearance between them. Poor facilities, though, always equals poor results, and good coaches are far more important than first team appearances.

The level they're playing at doesn't even enter into it. I've had a bunch of guys become world class players (160+ CA) playing under 19s football, with hardly a first team appearance between them. Poor facilities, though, always equals poor results, and good coaches are far more important than first team appearances.

I find that hard to believe, so your saying a guy stuck in the reserves can become world class without playing first team football?

That's interesting, and I admit what I experienced may have been influenced by something SFraser wrote in his guide to developing youngsters. Experimental bias, rookie mistake, so sucks to be me. Removing the level of play from the equation though, I'll definitely agree that match time matters a lot more than coaches ability.

My coaches are telling me most of my youths' development has stalled due to lack of challenge. Given that I used the editor to give my club perfect training facilities and excellent coaches, I interpret that as meaning they need to be playing at a higher level.

Which version are you playing? I've never had that message (and I'm genuinely not exaggerating with my post above), but most of my FM time has been in 10 and 11. I haven't delved that deeply into FM12 yet.

Archived