Fix the transfer system

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dead weight isn't even the worst part, the worst is that then since u dont use 'em they ask to be transfered, u promise them u will and then u cant cuz nobody will buy 'em not even for 0 or a free loan lol.

ViG1980 yeh mate, i mean the press news can be seen as just rumours although their coach is always watching my games lol, i've got a negative balance although i've won pretty much everything i could cuz when i want a player i'll fight for him and i'm playing with benfica which has no sugar daddy not like chelsea or city, they should offer stupid ammounts of money for players they really want and need, i could see either of those teams offer 60M or more for a world class player they really need, unfortunally that doesn't happen in the game and as the years goes by those giants become way way weaker..

... as the years goes by those giants become way way weaker..

This has been my issue with the game for years...are you saying it is still not fixed in FM12? (Which FYI, is the first FM I have not bought since the very first one back in the early 90s!).

I am yet to see mate like u i'm talking with the experience i have from other fm's and by what it seems to be happening on this one too, something is wrong when entire teams are almost reaching their 30's and they are not searching for talents as big as the ones they got, Barcelona suffers a lot from this, i reckon barcelona won't be able to have another team like the one they got now for years after their players retire, tho' i dont expect them to become an opponent i can win against and still have 59% ball possession on nou camp like it happened on my last CL.

And u should buy it mate, all problems aside which every FM has, it seems refreshing next to the last one IMO.

I had the problem of promising players to transfer/loan and couldn't do it too.

2 youth players want first team action, despite they're both 17 or younger... I tell them I'll try and loan them out, as they're 4½ stars in potential.

Not even when I offer to pay the full salary and offer them as a free loan does any club 'bite' when I offer them to clubs... And that's with every league added to my game :(

I think you have to consider a lot of factors but personally the system is pretty fair. I can't be the only person who has had my own players laugh when I try to sign an aging world class players for a lower league team, literally my own team had "pr" messages which said something along the lines of "glad to see his manager has a good sense of humour." AI teams will also have to contend with this, it would surely add to players losing faith in their manager etc. Plus you have to look at recent pretty recent talk of blackburn signing ronaldinho and beckham, I know the whole scale of things is different but fans laughed at that too. I cant imagine that SI dont model things like this into the game, plus now with agents on the game you dont really want to throw an offer at them when you cant afford it otherwise you just annoy their agaent and the chances of signing them are up in smoke.

Agents need to be utilised more, if a player wants out he should be speaking to his agent to drum up interest & generate offers, if I want to move a player on I should have the ability to contact his agent to go over the situation & ask him to find a potential buyer for his client, this would obviously involve my club paying a fee should the agent succeed in generating a successful offer.

Conversations are something which could always be used to get more from players/staff in the game but SI would have to strike a balance or make more happen behind the scenes otherwise FM would end up like facebook and you could spend hours talking instead of winning trophies. But transfers must be a nightmare to write into a game tying to balance things long term, avoiding big teams buying up all the players and developing lots of newgens and then just casting aside all the masses of unhappy players they dont need every year. Personally its a pretty good balance at the moment, sometimes im delighted with who I sign and sell and other times massively frustrated but that is football!!

And u should buy it mate, all problems aside which every FM has, it seems refreshing next to the last one IMO.

In all honesty, there are 2 main reasons I have not bought this one and they are not related to this directly:

1. Waiting on getting a new PC to support the crazy match engine - I have a dual core 2.6Mhz, 4 gig of Ram and a 512MB Nvdia card and it cannot handle the match engine - stutters a lot.

2. Time - not had the time to dedicate to it.

However, if there was a huge turnaround in the manager AI area, I would be more willing to buy it sooner rather than later.

Agents need to be utilised more, if a player wants out he should be speaking to his agent to drum up interest & generate offers, if I want to move a player on I should have the ability to contact his agent to go over the situation & ask him to find a potential buyer for his client, this would obviously involve my club paying a fee should the agent succeed in generating a successful offer.

This would be a conflict of interest and would only be allowed with the player's consent, all relevant parties must then comply in full with the requirements of the process regarding player consent laid out in the FA's Football Agents Regulations.

I assume you're referring to the second part of my post? Something like this should be within the abilities of SI, as mentioned by steverevo it would just need linking to the player interaction function.

Archived