FSS Clan - Serie A

BJT

logoligaitaliaseriea.jpg

Game Info

Fm 2k12: Latest Patch

League: Serie A

Database: Large

Starting Leagues: Italy / Spa / Eng (top tiers)

Game Times: Fridays (8pm-11pm) / Sundays (7pm to 10pm)

Managers

Gene Moss (G.M) - Inter

Craig Mitchell - Milan

Jordan Cozzi (BigCozz) - Roma

Hans Stadem - Udinese

Sean Macleod - Juventus

Damien Coney - Palermo

Point System

Europe / World

Champions League: 15 points

Europa League: 3 points

World Club Championship: 1 point

Domestic

Serie A: 8 points

Runners Up: 2 points

Coppa Italia: 3 points

Super Coppa Italia: 1 point

Others

Sacking: -5 points

Manager of the Year: 2 points

Rules

*Matches Viewed 2D Classic / Key Highlights / No Replays / Speed: Max or Max-1

*Assistant Plays Friendlies

*No Staff Poaching

*Timer 2 mins (Transfer Period) / Timer 30 secs (Season Period)

*No Custom Skins

*Sacked - Retake club in 11th to 20th Predicted Positions (w/non EU competitions)

G.M (Inter)

10 points

Serie A Winners - (2011)

Super Coppa Italia x2 - (2011, 2012)

Sean Macleod (Juventus)

xxx

Craig Mitchell (Milan)

0 points

Serie A - Runners Up: x1 (2011)

Coppa Italia - (2011)

Sacked - Milan (2012)

BigCozz (Roma)

-5 points

Sacked - Roma (2011)

Hans Stadem (Udinese)

xxx

Damien Coney (Palermo)

xxx

inter2r.jpg

Squad

Goalkeepers: Cesar, Castelazzi, Orlandoni

Defenders: Lucio, Samuel, Ranocchia, Chivu, Maicon, Zanetti, Ansaldi, Nagatomo, Jonathan

Midfielders: Cambiasso, Sandro, Palombo, Stankovic, Motta, Muntari, Poli, Sneijder, Montillo, Coutinho

Strikers: Forlan, Milito, Pazzini, Zarate, Castaignos

Board Objectives

Champions League: Semi Finals

Serie A: Challenge for Title

Italian Cup: Unimportant

Italian Super Cup: Unimportant

Formation

4-1-2-1-2

First XI

abBuLG0aia.jpg

Transfers

Transfers In

Ansaldi (11.5m), Palombo (13.0m), Montillo (14.5m), Sando (15.0m)

Transfers Out

-

Nett Expenditure: 54mil

Overview

I’m quite happy with the depth of my squad this year, since the signings made pre-season. It is an ageing team, but for this forthcoming year there won’t be any further additions, unless any serious long term injuries occur. The biggest area concern is going to be us going forward offensively. We don’t have any real width, and our strikers are passed their best years. Sneijder will have an important role to play this year if we are going to have a successful season.

The Serie A is going to be extremely competitive this year, with many teams improving. Minimum expectation I have of my side is to achieve champions league qualification, whilst hopefully bagging a trophy.

Juventus - Season 1 preview

Squad

GKs: Buffon, Storari, Manninger

Def: Sorensen, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli,Grosso Motta, Litchsteiner, Motta, De Ceglie

Mid: Pirlo, Marchisio, Pazienza, Vidal, Costa, Pepe, Krasic, Elia, Matri

Fwd: Del Piero, Vucinic, Toni, Quagliarella.

Objectives

Title challenge and back into Champions League are my main aims.

Formation

4-1-2-2-1

First 11- I will be picking on form, not reputation ;)

Transfers

In: Douglas Costa - £8.5m

Out: None

Overview

Pleased with depth. To much depth with Amauri and Inaquinta on wage bill.

Went for Costa for age, two footed, can play in variety of positions.

Disappointed in transfer market as targets got long term injuries and failed medicals. Looking for a pacy small striker, Kevin Gamiero mould.

Youth could do with additions.

Overall happy

Squad - AC Milan

Goalkeepers:

Abbiati, Amelia, Roma,

Defenders: Mexes, Nesta, Yepes, Silva, Zambrotta, Antonini, Taiwo, Abate

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Bommel, Gattuso, Nocerino, Flamini, Seedorf, Emanuelson, Aquilani, Boateng

Strikers: Robinho, Cassano, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Pato

Board Objectives

Champions League: Semi Finals

Serie A: Challenge for Title

Italian Cup: Unimportant

Italian Super Cup: Unimportant

Formation

4-3-3

First XI

x11.gif

Transfers

Transfers In

Tevez, Musacchio (Loan deal)

Transfers Out

Silva (for Tevez +£3mil)

Net Expenditure: 0.00

Overview

I've taken over quite an old team to say the least, my long term aim is to spend time with the youths to bring them up to replace the aging players and hopefully have a decent side where I don't have to make any huge transfers in to cover the gaps.

I've been very unsuccessful in the transfer market with only £6 Mil to spend, so have no chance to cover all the places where my players are above 33. (10 players).

Ibrahimovic will be my most important player this season but it will depend on how Pato trains and plays.

A.S ROMA Official Announcement

as+roma.gif

New Roma owner Thomas DiBenedetto today has announced the immediate termination of Luis Enrique's contract stating that "his inexperience at the 1st division level and lack of knowledge of Italian football has led me to reconsider our stance". TBD, DiBenedetto's nickname, has moved swiftly to replace Enrique with decorated manager Jordan Cozzi formerly of Murcia in Spain. Cozzi has a vast experience in Italian, Spanish, and German styles of football due his his history of management in each of those countries. La Magica faithful can now only wait and see what this charismatic manager can bring to the Eternal City. Cozzi is scheduled to have a press conference at some point later today at Trigoria in Rome to announce his intentions and preview the squad.

Well its been a pretty odd few games thrown at Milan.

I cant for the life of me see how these games ended in a draw but at least I am joint first if you don't take goal difference into account.

Results:

Lazio 3-1 W

Leverkusen 3-5 W (I was 3-0 down at half time - good team talk and tactical changes)

Cesena 2-2 D A disappointing result really but some times you can't with them all

Siena 3-2 W - I was reduced to 10 men on the 20th Minute thanks to Van Brommel

Atalanta 2 -2 My bad tactical decision to let a few youths onto the pitch at 2 - 1. I put my loanee on and he gave away the penalty that made this game a draw :(

Trabzonspor 2 -1 This game wasn't going my way again so had to shake this up a little and come out with the win (top of the table in the CL sounds good to me but got Arsenal next so is going to be a tough one but if I win it should mean I'm through to the next round)

Now down to one of the last games of the night

Juventus 2-1 Me vs Mr T - This turned out to be a very close game where my attacking line up were shooting all over the place and at half time 2-0 up I thought it might be a good place to just relax a little more and make a few youth subs. Come to think about it I think I got a red card in this game as I had to play Roddy Ely at Right back.

The last game of the night was against Palermo when we all got D/c'd so was an odd formation of 4-4-2 with Tevez on the right wing silly assistant manager result ended in a 1-0 win.

Latest Team picture:

To Follow the Sunday session.

Super Coppa Italia (Final)

(N) vs Milan (won 2-1)

- A good debut into management. Went a goal down, but we kept battling on and got a deserved victory. First trophy in the bag. Sneijder scored a peach of a goal. Great to get a head to head victory over new AC boss and rival Craig Mitchell.

---

Serie A

Pre Xmas (current position: 1st )

It's been a good first half of the season in the league. We've had a fair good performances over the course, and have shown the ability to be able to grind out results in tight games. Our defence was a bit shaky at the start, with a bit of an injury crisis forcing Cambiasso to play a few games at centre back. We were able to get results in these tricky games, and now have a strong position in the league going into January. Udinese though are pushing extremely hard, with a defensive record to match ours.

A couple performance highlights would be...

(A) vs Milan (won 1-0) - This was an away fixture to Craig's AC Milan in a very tightly contested game. The game was decided by a Diego Milito penalty giving us a 1-0 victory. Perhaps controversial, but we controlled the game for the majority quite well. If any side deserved to get a bit of fortune, I think it was us.

(H) vs Juventus (won 2-1) - It was Marcello Lippi's 2nd game in charge of the Zebras, with their side producing an unbelievable comeback against Cozzi's Roma in the previous game, being 3 nil down at half time to win the game 4-3. This was another very tough game, in which Juve stole the lead against the run of play. We controlled a good 70% of the match I would say, and created many more chances. We showed great resiliency and strong mental strength to overturn this deficit, and took a well deserved 2-1 victory which helps keep our gap over Udinese in tact.

Wesley Sneijder has been our best performer so far, with Maicon coming in a close second. Pazzini has done very well up front at times. With Forlan injured for quite a bit of the season so far, and Milito struggling to find form he's been relied upon and hasn't disappointed.

With a budget increase coming start of December, I've been able to further strengthen areas in which I feel we maybe a little lacking this year. Javi Martinez is coming in from Athletic Bilbao. A good strong ball winning midfielder to work along with Palombo, and to replace the ageing Dejan Stankovic. A good solid wingback in Criscito, who'll be a great addition to the left back area currently occupied by Cristian Ansaldi. We also have Nicolas Otamendi coming in from Euro Cup Winners Porto. He should provide a bit more pace at the back, if Lucio ends up getting injured.

My only concern is still our offensive power, but there is no intention to delve further into the market. I believe we do have enough to last the season if we can avoid any serious injuries to our offensive players in the squad.

Post Xmas (final position: x )

xxx

---

Champions League

Group Stages (Group B) – final position: 1st

*Inter, Villarreal, Copenhagen, Basel

It’s been a comfortable passage for us through the group stages. We won potentially our hardest match away to Villarreal in the first game 2-0. Since then, we’ve won every game in the group stages giving us top spot coming into the next round, with a string of good and hard working performances. I’m very pleased with our progress so far in this year’s competition.

---

Knockouts

1st Round - vs Arsenal

Quarter Final -

Semi Final -

Final -

---

Coppa Italia

1st Round -

---

Statistics

Head to Head vs Milan (Craig Mitchell)

Won: 2

Drawn: 0

Lost: 0

---

Top Goalscorer:

Top Performer:

----

End of Season Press Conference

xxx

• 2 weeks later...

After a rocky few games I have finally got some good form going and beginning to chase the leading pack.

There has been a few scares with the Press saying I'm under Pressure and thankfully that has stopped now.

It is now the January Transfer Window and I don't have any funds that are available £1.4mil and only £1.1k left in my wage budget so going to have to look for some cheap players to tide me over for the rest of the season.

I have noticed there is a quick and easy way for me to improve my Transfer Budget next year .... Let all the older players leave or give them a reduced terms contract. Estimating to save around £300k a week :rolleyes:

Might need to sell one of my strikers to make sure I can get some better defenders or a keeper. With letting in a total of 21 goals my back four are a bit shaky.

Champions League Results

Arsenal 1-1 D

Arsenal 3-1 W

Leverkusen 1-0 W

Trabzonspor 4-2 W (Reserve Team)

For coming top of the league I now have the pleasure of playing Real Madrid. (they are fourth in the Spanish League so hopefully might be able to steal something.

League I am now sitting in fourth place behind 3rd - Napoli, 2nd - Udinese, 1st Inter (10 points away from me)

Palermo 1-0 W

Fiorentina 0-5 L (Bad game)

Napoli 2-2 D

Cagliari 2-2 D (I should have won this one dodgey linesman)

Parma 0-2 L

Roma 2-0 W

Inter 0-1 L (Diving ******* they won by getting a pen even thought I was dominating the game)

Lecce 2-0 W

Chievo 3-1 W

Genoa 3-0 W

Novara 5-0 W

As I said, I am starting to get form and score goals. With my strikers I wouldn't expect anything less.

Tevez is right up there on the goals scored table and hopefully will be able to walk away with it.

Pato is scoring loads as well now and is showing a big improvement ( Gene was saying that would be one of the strikers he would buy when I said I'll looking to sell one.

Ibrahimovic is not performing, so it was a good thing I got Tevez. Im not sure of the best way forward at the moment sell him for something in the transfer window and regret it or keep him and hope he comes good on the second half of the season ? Both Sam's seem to be interested when I said I might get rid of him but it depends if they have deep enough pockets and could I possibly find a replacement to him whilst also providing enough money for a defender or a keeper ?

I am a manager of Lazio!

When I took over the control, I could see that there was alot of work to do as most players in Lazio was below average to play for Serie A but I will have to do with the team and try to get the best out of them if I could and then hopefully see if I can capture some players on loan seeing as I only have £3.3m left in transfer kitty, I plan to save that and use that for summer transfer.

However, I managed to break the Lazio record by being unbeaten for 7 games and that began a game after I took over which is only a good sign, hopefully that will carry on for longer and put us in decent position.

Tactics; mainly I use 4-4-2 diamond. But that will be changed quite alot depending on the opposition my team will face. So far so good so that tactic will stay.

A.S ROMA

As-Roma.jpg

As everyone now knows, Jordan Cozzi is the new man in charge at Roma. He brings alot to this new look Roma in both experience and passion. Fans hope he can take the club to the world class level, something that has been difficult for the club to achieve over the years.

As some people may not fully understand the meaning behind being apart of this club, summed up in one word, INSANE. From the supporters, right to Er Pupone, the club has never been short of personality or character. Always known as underdogs, its time to live up to expectation. Rome is unique because of its global reputation, its an attractive location for many reasons, and I want to make A.S Roma the only reason.

Ok so now the formal stuff is done, now for some fun. I will be completely honest with you, I hate Inter and Lazio, and that means I hate the managers too. Sorry Gene and Sam2 nothing personal lmao. Inter, the obvious criminals to go unpunished after Calciopoli, are just plan and simple cheaters!!! As for Lazio, what do you expect, we play in the same city, stadium, and basically divide Rome between us. There is alot of political issues etc involved so this rivalry is not just on the pitch. When Roma play Lazio, neutral fans dare not enter the Stadio Olimpico.

Taking over the club in September, I was unfortunately unable to add any players but I took the opportunity to acquire many great coaches to build the most sought after staff in Italy it seems. Just ask Signore Hans. I will definitely look to strengthen my squad in the winter but I am very happy with my team thus far.

Key Players:

Erik Lamela- Youngster blessed with great skill and speed, he will turn out to be a world beater in the years to come.

Bojan - Needs no introduction, known around the world as a player with unlimited potential. He will be given much more playing time with me as a winger to exploit his quickness.

Daniele De Rossi - Il Capitano Futuro, he is one of the best all around mids in the world. I will build my team around him and expect him to lead it.

Simon Kjaer - A talented young defender who will lead the line for years to come. Along with DDR the team will be built around him.

Jose Angel - A good young LB with ability in the final third. He will get better as he ages and I will hold onto him as I expect alot from him.

Maarten Stekelenburg - A class keeper that Roma has been missing for ages.

Miralem Pjanic - Another amazing young talent. He will only get better over time and I cant wait to see what he is capable of. Long term replacement to Totti.

Last but not least, Il Capitano, Er Pupone, Il Bimbo d'Oro, Il Gladiatore, The master of the Cucchiaio, Francesco Totti. Club and Country Icon, top active goalscorer, Legend. I will squeeze whatever I can out of him in his last days at the club.

Formation:

I have used to some success a 4-2-3-1 built around an all important Trequartista in which time is being split between Totti and Pjanic. Lamela has been very affective on the left as has Bojan on the right. Borriello is on a great run of form and Osvaldo has also been very trustworthy when called upon.

Steklenburg

Cassetti---Burdisso---Kjaer---Angel

----------Gago-------DDR----------

Bojan------Totti/Pjanic-------Lamela

---------Borriello/Osvaldo-----------

Season Update:

Key games:

1-1 vs Inter - The rivalry continued as I came up vs. a tough veteran side well managed by Gene. I looked to sit back and hit on the counter as I knew Gene had a very strong midfield that I would not be able to control. I came away with a well earned point at the Meazza so I am satisfied. I hate Inter.

0-2 vs Udinese - I knew this was going to be a tough one, I was outplayed all over the pitch and when given a chance Handanovic proved he is quite the keeper. I still have the home fixture but it will prove tough as new Manager and long time FM companion Hans has taken over.

0-2 vs Milan - This one hurt alot as I was at home and came up vs. a struggling Milan side. All credit to Craig as he proved his tactics are effective as he completely outplayed me.

4-0 vs Lazio - What a victory. This makes up for the disapointing losses as I completely destroyed my biggest rival in the derby. Sazo has now taken over so I assume the next bout will be much more of a contest.

3-4 vs. Juve - Mr. Lippi is a magician. I began this game up 3-0, it was all but over when Juve came to life on the counter and completely destroyed me. I can't even explain what happened, I watched my Roma dominate possession in the Juve half and then I blinked and Juve countered and scored. 4 times. Wow, just wow.

Its safe to say I am a contender for at least a Champions League finish this season, but I will push for the Scudetto. I am out of the meaningless Europa League so I can focus solely on my domestic goal. I need to stay healthy and hope to get the best out of my players in the second half of the season.

Transfers:

I have yet to decide if I will strengthen my squad in January, I think I will focus more on next season with Bosmans since I lack the funds currently.

P.S I was having issues uploading my screenshots so sorry for the lack of color, I blame Gene...

inter2r.jpg

** NEWSFLASH **

After reading a recent interview made by new Roma boss Jordan Cozzi's, Moss was understandably angered by the provoking comments made about himself and his employers, and had this to say in his response:

"When you talk about unprofessionalism at the highest level, then you don't have to look much further than this chump. He's clearly looking for a bit of attention, as he's clearly incapable of proving himself as a manager. Not only in addition to putting a well respected club's reputation down the pan, he's brought inconsistency, disharmony, and inexperience into Roma.

You only need to look at some of his club's results so far this season. What sort of a manager, can lose a game after being 3-0 up at half time? That was also against a team who had just lost their manager, and the club in dissaray. And it's just not me who he's stirring up issues with. New Lazio Sazo Johno has been on the receiving end of some unprovoked jibes.

It's all well bringing in alot of passion into a team, but if your clearly tactically inept, you won't cut it in a tough league like Italy's Serie A. He needs to concentrate more on his own team and himself as a manager, rather than trying to stir up arguments and controversy with his fellow managers and clubs.

And at this moment in time, I'd even prefer our rivals Milan to join us in the Champions league spots. Our clubs may have a great historical rivalry between each other, but it's a pleasure to endure such rivalries with a good respectable manager such as Craig Mitchell, who presents himself in a great demeanor."

AS Roma Press Release

After such an unnecessary attack directed to him from Inter CARETAKER Gene Moss, Signor Cozzi had some words of his own.

"I don't understand the motive behind these statements, I did nothing to deserve such rude comments. Is it true that I dislike Inter, yes, I would be lying if I said otherwise. Inter represents a club of negativity. They have hardly ever given a chance to young Italian players as they are too concerned with buying the next best Argentine. They can be blamed for Italy's poor development of youngsters in recent times."

"After Calciopoli, Inter won all its Scudetti, they won them all with no direct competition for the trophy, hardly an accomplishment if you ask me. Sure some can say why didn't Roma win, and I respond to them, if Roma had a financial influence and power of clubs like Inter, then she would have won 10 times as many! Since Mourinho left Inter is a shadow of its former self, if Moss thinks he can rescue them he is delusional, he posses none of The Great One's talents and has no hope in hell to achieve such great heights! I do not wish to get into an argument with Moss, I am better than that, however his attack on me in the media proves he is afraid. I wish him luck at Inter and hope he isn't over shadowed by the other half of Milan, the better half!"

Press Release:

Rumor has it Inter manager Gene and Lazio manager Sazo have joined forces in the ever colorful media fiasco between Roma manager Cozzi and now new friend Craig, manager of Milan. This should make for a serious 2nd half of the season in the penninsula as things are starting to get heated.

In other news, Inter and Lazio are merda...

inter2r.jpg

** Press Release **

Moss Smug after Rivals Defeat

After a recent interview with the Inter boss in which Roma boss Jordan Cozzi was the main topic of debate, it's been reported Moss is already reigniting their feud after another little jab following Roma's recent 3-4 defeat at home to Napoli.

"I can't say it has saddened me looking at the weekend's results just gone. If anyone was questioning my judgement of the Roma boss' abilities, then surely their latest loss at Napoli supports my claim that there should be someone more experienced and deserving for the Roma role. Losing 4-3 once is from such a strong position in the game, it can happen although it should never really happen. But to do this twice and half the season not gone yet? It's suicidal, especially if you have title aspirations like he claims Roma has.

We've drawn his side away in the Coppa Italia Quarters - it hasn't been an intention of mine to play a first team until the semi's of this competition. So this draw couldn't have been kinder. It will be a game where I can provide experience to the youngsters, and improve the match fitness of my less regular playing players. But also having the knowledge that we will also be tactically superior, giving us an advantage in making the semis".

After January transfer window, I managed to do some wheel and deals, getting Bassong and Macheda on loan while bought Michael Owen for £500k.

So theres my team in full.

Goalkeeper - Albano Bizarri, Federico Marchetti and Juan Pablo Carrizo.

Defender - Giuseppe Biava, Modio Diakte, Marius Sankevicuis, Abdoulay Konko, Stefan Radu, Sebastian Bassong, Andres Dias, Javier Garrido and Guglielmo Standardo.

Midfielders - Lorik Cana, Alvaro Gonzalez, Hernanes, Hosny, Cristian Ledesma, Matuzalem, Cristan Brocchi, Giuseppe Sculli, Stefano Mauri and Senand Lulic.

Strikers - Michael Owen, Federico Macheda, Katlego Mphela, Miroslav Klose and Djibril Cisse.

When I took over Lazio, the match result is;

Inter 1-0 Lazio; Lazio 3-0 Lecce; Lazio 3-2 H Tel Aviv; Chievo 1-1 Lazio; Lazio 2-2 Genoa; Lazio 4-0 CSKA (Sofia); Novara 2-3 Lazio; Lazio 2-1 Bologna; Udinese 5-1 Lazio; Lazio 3-1 Bologna; Lazio 1-1 Cataina; Cesena 1-1 Lazio; Udinese 5-1 Lazio; Lazio 1-2 AC Milan.

Overall the match results isnt what I want (Especially with the Udinese results!) and hopefully the new comers players will change the result sooner than later. But with good news, I cant wait for the end of season to arrive as I successfully snagged 3 players on bosman and those are; Paulo Ferreria, Tulio de Melo and Karim Alt Fana.

Mid Week Press Conference

Roma manager Jordan Cozzi had some kind words to say to Signor Moss at Inter, "I've grown to respect Gene. I mean what else is there to do but respect when a foreign manager such as Mr. Moss tries his absolute best to have any sort of success and fail so miserably.

He was so over confident in such a mediocre aging squad that he fielded a team of has beens vs. La Magica in our Quarter Final Match and lost unsurprisingly. When Stankovic scored such a late meaningless goal I almost began to cry, I was sad because that is the last goal Moss will ever get with Inter in the Coppa due to his inevitable sacking by seasons end at the latest.

Its unfortunate that inexperienced managers like Moss aren't given more time, I feel sorry for him, I believe hes in over his head. I wish him luck ahead of his sacking, he truly is a great Assistant Manager.

inter2r.jpg

"Moss Defends 2nd String Selection"

After what many have perceived as very unprofessional comments recently made by a jubilant Roma boss Jordan Cozzi, Moss had this response:

"Of course it is disappointing to lose against Roma, and it's the same in any cup quarter final fixture. But the performance throughout the game was still a good effort. We conceded two goals from two corners. Roma created nothing else all game. Their keeper had to play a good match to restrict our goal tally to just the one. Perhaps the lack of matches from the players who played this game this season part contributed to our lack of concentration. But I still remain proud of their efforts. Being able to outplay the home team in such a daunting atmosphere deserves credit. I'm quite sure the home fans would have appreciated our game much more than what their home side produced. They've won a one off match, like cup games do inspire the occasional big match for the underdog. But if their play is anything like this at all for the remainder of their season, I see them struggling to qualify for the Champions League. With the squad they have this year, that must be their minimum expectation.

Unlike Cozzi, I'm someone who always looks at the bigger picture. The Coppa Italia is a cup to provide our younger players with a chance, and to improve our squad's match fitness. Our board don't consider a must win objective here. I would be very surprised if the Roma board didn't consider this cup in the same way, as the bigger Italian clubs tend to follow our philosophy of the Coppa Italia.

We have other competitions with greater priority to concentrate on. We are in a strong position in the league, currently top by 4 points. Unfortunately we have Sneijder out for the next month, but if we can maintain our current position I'm confident we can make a very strong challenge for the Scudetto this year. We are also undefeated in the Champions League, and are all looking forward to the ties coming up against Arsenal."

Current Serie A Table

10gamesleft.jpg

G.M. - Inter

C.M - Milan

J.C - Roma

H.S - Udinese

S.J. - Lazio

S.M. - Juventus

Round Up

It's coming to the last quarter of the season, with the race hotting up for the top 3 champions league spots up for grabs. The last weekend of fixtures saw a crucial away win for Moss' Inter against Hans' Udinese outfit. A game with huge controversy, ended up with Palombo's 30 yarder being the difference between the two sides. It's the first time Udinese haven't been in the top two since round 7.

After inconsistent starts, Craig's AC and Cozzi's Roma are both showing some good consistent league form. Both sides are also in the Semi Finals of the Coppa Italia, with this form no doubt being part of the reason for their progression. However, Hans' Udinese stand in Cozzi's way of making the final, with the Roma boss needing to overturn a 2-1 deficit for the 2nd leg. Craig's Milan are looking a safe bet to make the final, taking a 3-0 first leg advantage going into the 2nd match at the San Siro.

New Juventus boss Sean Macleod has had a tough start at the Bianconeri. They are perhaps the biggest of the Italian sides who look like their attempts of hitting a top 3 are as good as over. He did take over a side though which have had great instability this year, and we can only really judge Sean's credentials when he's had a full season in charge.

He's being closely hunted by Lazio's new boss Sazo Johno. He's unfortunately his the sick bed and not been able to watch his side's progress over the last few weeks, but they have had 5 wins on the bounce. If they can keep this good run of form going for the last quarter of the season, there''s no reason why his side can't challenge for a EURO cup spot with 6th place being the target.

In Europe, Roma failed to make the EURO cup knockouts, and Milan fell to Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid outfit. Moss' Inter overcame a tricky tie against Arsenal, scraping through on away goals, with Han's Udinese still going strong in the EURO cup. The draw for the next stages are still awaiting. Moss will be hoping to draw Olympiakos being the easiest tie of the clubs remaining, after impressively knocking out French side Lyon.

Not a bad end of the season for me I ended up been 2nd in the league which was my target from when my team started playing up.

I am now on a mission to find the best cheap players I can find to improve my squad as I doubt I'll get a good budget.

Main feat - Obtaining Champions League Football and winning the Italian Cup =)

Negatives - Having such a bad mid season that took me a while to get it back on track.

Grand total of 5 points

Inter - 9 points

Depending who gets manager of the year that could change

season1final.jpg

Overview

With a good few games to spare, Moss' Inter became champions ahead of last year's winners Milan. But Mitchell's boys won the Coppa Italia last year won by their rivals Inter.

It was a tense finish for the battle for Champions League spots. Hans had been in a good position all year, but a huge list of congested fixtures along with injuries to key players meant his thin squad couldn't quite hold onto their CL place for next year. Napoli being the beneficiaries here, stealing 3rd place.

Not much luck for Hans in the cups either. Making two finals, the EURO cup and Coppa Italia, his side were beaten on both fronts. But great optimism should be taken from their season, as they have clearly overachieved and could be a Manager of the year award potentially.

However, Cozzi's Roma is no more. After his war of word's consistently throughout the year with Inter boss Moss, the Serie A winner had the last laugh, playing a major part in the decision the Roma board made in giving Cozz the chop. To quote the Inter boss: "Not is he not only the right man for Roma, but he really isn't suited to a job in this profession either".

Cozzi has recently been giving a second opportunity in management, with relegation battlers Sampdoria for the 2012 year.

2011 Competition Winners

Champions League: Barcelona (Pep Guardiola)

EURO Cup: Leverkussen (Robin Dutt)

Serie A: Inter (Gene Moss)

Coppa Italia: Milan (Craig Mitchell)

Super Coppa Italia: Inter (Gene Moss)

MOTY Award: t.b.c

World Club Championship: Barcelona (Pep Guardiola)

inter2r.jpg

Unfortunate circumstances in this game, meant Inter & Milan boss Moss and Mitchell were unable to attend the pre season cup final. Both were stuck in the Carribbean on holiday when airlines had organised a strike which had lasted a week. Attempts were made to reschedule the game, but the difficulties in having this re-organised were too great.

In a heated battle as always between these two Italian giants, it took Inter until extra time to retain their trophy and give Moss his 3rd title in 2 years at the club. A Pazzini double was the deciding factor between the two sides, after coming off the bench for a disappointing Forlan. As always in these derbies, red was seen with Tevez losing the plot once his side went 2 down and Milan ended with 10 men.

However, the game saw a bitter blow to right back Maicon. The injury suffered is likely to keep the right wing back up until Xmas, and could seriously hamper Inter's attempts to retain their Serie A crown.

Maicon's Injury

"It's a bitter blow to lose Maicon. We have brought back Santon to the club in the offseason, but going forward Maicon is quite irreplaceable. We had a brilliant start last season, so I think it's unrealistic given the circumstances to expect ourselves to be in a similiar position this season. Milan have really strengthened aswell in a game which could have gone either way in this final. If we can keep in a position not too far off from the top, say a handful of points I'll be quite happy with that going into the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully Maicon will be quite fresh, and have some real energy going into the critical part of the year."

Transfers

"With regards to our new recruits in the off season, we have strengthened quite nicely. I believe Fernandez from Sporting will suit our system quite well. Montillo really struggled to adapt to us last year. The Essien transfer is a bit of a gamble with his injury history, but I still think he can have a positive influence, and is proven to be a big game player. At 4mil, I believe it will be a good investment. Cavani will also have a big role to play, with Milito and Forlan ageing, and Maicon out for a long while we need someone whose going to grab us the goals this year.

Investing in Frey may have raised a few eyebrows aswell, but he's been trained by our club and would have been a great backup for Cesar. But unfortunately he's going to be out till at least Xmas too. Our last buy Lovren, I hope will be a good replacement for when Lucio and Samuel decide to call it time. He's already showing great promise, and is likely to see a fair bit of first team action this year. Preparations haven't been great, but I hope we have enough in the tank to make a good fist for the title again this season. We've invested quite well."

First XI - 41212

GK - Julio Cesar

RB - Maicon

LB - Criscito

CB - Otamendi

CB - Lucio

DMC - Cambiasso

MC - Martinez

MC - Palombo

AMC - Sneijder

FC - Forlan

FC - Cavani

Board Expectations

Serie A - Win Title

Champions League - Reach Semi Finals

Coppa Italia - N/A

Super Coppa Italia - N/A

• 3 weeks later...

Well after another bad run in form my Milan side was playing Juve. My keeper had a shocking game and I lost 4-0. After the match I was sacked which was a surprise as I was only 5-6 points away from first place. I quickly rushed into Genoa's Training stadium to take charge over there. What I found was a strong 40 man squad that none of them wanted to be dropped to the reserves and was laying in 12th place in the league and not won for 4 games. I got them back on winning ways pretty soon after when I got to the transfer window and started to off load a few players and bring in some that I thought would be good for the team. Ebanks-Blake, for £2mil thank you very much and he so far has scored in every other game for the club. I tried to raid Milan for their youth talent but none of them wanted to come so going to wait till next season as Milan are still having a bad season and are on the same amount of points than me now (now in joint 6th).

My target for the season is to now better Milans position ideally I would love to get 3rd place but I think I will have to settle for fourth but it will depend on how things go and I would get creamed in the Champions League if I got there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived