United we Stand, United we Fall

mark wilson27

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 8th: The draw for the League Cup Semi Final see's us pitted against Arsenal in the two legged tie

Manchester United v Birmingham City

A slow start for both teams as niether team seemed able to keep the ball for more than a couple of passes, Anderson was the worse culprit in my team as he wasted possesion on numerous occasions. On the 26th minute we did take the lead as Tevez fired home from 10 yards after Ronaldo's throughball was well met. Birmingham had only the one chance in the first half but it was very very poor, would have looked better on a rugby pitch. At half time I replaced Anderson and told him what I thought of his performance.

The second half was just as bad but on the 52nd minute Birminghma were reduced to ten men after Ridgewell decided to kick Tevez instead of the ball. It took us till the 69th minute to take advantage as Tevez doubled his goal tally and ours with a fine diving header.

Manchester United 2 Tevez 26, 69

Birmingham City 0

In truth a very poor performance by my team and I let them know that it was unexeptable. Next up was the final group game in the Champions League and with us already qualified I might rest some of the players, especially Anderson after his pathetic effort in the Birmingham match

December 12th: Olympiakos v Manchester United; Champions League Group Stage

With my fringe players given there chance in this match I told them they had to provide me with a good reason to keep them involved in first team matters. My players did themselves lots of favours as we dominated the Olympiakos team. It wasn't long till we had our first effort as Saha fired just wiode of the upright. Despite our dominance we didn't create much after this forst effort, yet on the 42nd minute we fianlly broke the deadlock as Carrick fired in after a poor clearance by the Olympiakos defence.

The second half was a very quiet affair with very little action to speak of, yet on the hour the opposition were reduced to ten men after Antzas was sent off for kicking Saha. This killed the game as the Greeks kept there defence very tight and we failed to score again.

Olympiakos 0

Manchester United 1 Carrick 42

Final Group Table

1st - Manchester United 15pts (Qual)

2nd - Valencia 10pts (Qual)

3rd - Marseille 8pts (UEFA Cup)

4th - Olympiakos 1pt

December 15th: Wigan v Manchester United

I put my full strength team out for this game and they did very well as we dominated the first half with some excellent possession football.On the 11th minute Tevez had our first effort with a rasping daisy cutter from 18 yards which went just wide, but in truth the keeper had it covered. Seven minutes later though the keeper stood no chance with our first goal as that man again Tevez fired a thunderbolt into the top corner after a great pass by Ronaldo eluded the whole Wigan defence. Ten minutes later we came close again, this time it was O'Shea who's header went thundering against the crossbar and was cleared by the Wigan defence. On the 33rd minute we doubled our lead as Tevez was fouled cynically by Bramble in the area, Ronaldo stepped up and fired in the resulting penalty.

The second half was alittle tighter as Wigan started to play better and began to cause us a few problems. Yet they couldn't break clear of my solid defence. Just before the hour Tevez again came close but again he somehow managed to miss the goal with whatr should of been an easy tap in. On the 81st minute Wigan finally opened there account as Cotterill fired past Van Der Saar to give them some hope. Unfortunatly any hope was lost when Papac was sent off for a proffesional foul on Ronaldo as he broke clear for goal.

Wigan 1 Cotterill 81

Manchester United 2 Tevez 18, Ronaldo pen 33

December 19th: Transfer news see's reserve player Gerard Pique completeing a deal to move to Inter Milan for £4,200,000. He will be leaving Old Trafford on January 2nd

Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers:

A real dire game as both teams seemed to play, The only real action came in the 38th minute as Blackburn came close to opening the scroing but there effort went just wide. Apart from that a real waste of money for the paying fans

Manchester United 0

Blackburn Rovers 0

December 21st: The draw for Champions League 1st Knockout Round has been made and my team will face the mighty Barcelona. Not the tie I really wanted but it will be a good test of my managerial skills. Luckily I have to February to prepare

Thanks xibom, glad your enjoying the story. I know I could of got some more for Pique but I didn't really have any intension of playing him so I didnt want to lose him on a free... There was some sort of method in my madness lol

December 22nd: Manchester United v Sunderland

Another tight game as Sunderland shut up shop for the majority of the game, we did however get through a couple of times as Anderson showed great footwork to evade Arca and fire low towards goal, unfortunetly for us the keeper was there to tip the shot round the post. Anderson's effort was quickly followed by Owen almost breaking the upright with a powerful effort from 10 yards.

At the interval I told my players to push forward abit more and start to really pressurize the Sunderland defence.

All credit to my players they did just that as they piled on forward. Yet it was Sunderland who had the first effort of the half as Van Der Saar ahd to be at full stretch to stop a daisy cutter from 18 yards. On the 74th minute we made the break through as Rooney latched onto a Giggs throughball to fire past the unfortunate Sunderland keeper, who had been so impressive all day. Unfortunatly it wasn't to be our day as a minute from time Sunderland grabbed an equaliser as Whitehead rose highest to head past the flailing Van Der Saar. I was gutted to have lost the lead so late in the game

Manchester United 1 Rooney 74

Sunderland 1 Whitehead 89

December 26th: Portsmouth v Manchester United

A great start saw us take the lead after seven minutes as Tevez fired in from a Rooney pass. It was the perfect start we needed and it seemed to lift my players as we began to really dominate Portsmouth. On the 21st minute we again came close as Tevez again fired towards goal but this time hios effort went just wide. This was quickly followed by a Rooney effort going over the crossbar. It took us till the 42nd minute to double our lead as Ferdinand headed in from a Ronaldo corner to give us a good end to the first 45 minutes. The second half started well as after only ten minute we added another goal as Rooney finally got on the score sheet as he tip toed past the Portsmouth defence to slot home past the onrushing keeper. We continued our dominance and the ball in the net again but it was ruled our for offside. We finished the scoring deep into injury time as Rooney doubled his tally for the day with a thunderous effort from 20 yards. A good present for the travelling fans

Portsmouth 0

Manchester United 4 Tevez 7, Ferdinand 42, Rooney 55, 90

Thanks Dynamo, not the easiest of draws with Barcelona but we'll have to see how my team do..

December 29th: Reading v Manchester United

Reading came straight at us and it wasn't long till they had there first effort as Van Der Saar was put into action with a fine dive to his left to tip the ball round the post, from the resulting corner we counter attacked Reading and Tevez came close to opening the scoring but his effort went just over and into the crowd. On the 22nd minute we went a goal behind as Alonso fired past Van Der Saar after some p@ss poor defending by Evra, this was followed six minutes later by Reading doubling there lead as Sonko headed into an open net. I was livid with the way my team were defending and especially how Evra was performing.

Reading continued the onslaught down the left side and on the half hour they came close again as they fired just wide. At that point I decided to bring O'Shea on for Evra with the hope he would manage to tighten that side up. Evra wasn't best please and stormed down the tunnel. On the 42nd minute we somehow pulled a goal back as Rooney fired in from 18 yards.

At the break I was furious with my team and told them they didn't deserve the goal they got and if they carried on like this Reading will thrash us. As for Evra I told him that I am the manager and if he doesn't like being substitued he can find another f@cking club.

The second half began poorly for us as yet again Reading dominated the play and on the 55th minute they went a further goal in front as Alonso again fired in to give them a 3-1 lead. The onslaught was continuos and it wasn't long till Reading put the ball in our net again, but this time the assistant referee must have felt sorry for and called it offside, but from where I was looking it looked perfectly legit. We did manage to pull one goal back as Tevez fired in on the 73rd minute but that was it for us as Reading kept hold of the ball and we went back to Manchester with our tails between our legs. Very Very dissappointing

Reading 3 Alonso 22, 55, Sonko 28

Manchester United 2 Rooney 42, Tevez 73

December 30th: I called Evra into my office and gave him a dressing down, where I fined him the maximum allowed. To make matters worse he didn't offer any sort of apology and continued to argue his case saying he shouldn't be substitued and that he should be counted a first team player, with that I told him he was on the transfer list and that he would never play for the club again.

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 51pts (20)

2nd: Chelsea 42pts (20)

3rd: Newcastle United 40pts (20)

January 1st 2008: The end of year awards ceremony went ahead and the results are as follows:

World Footballer of the Year:

1st: Diego Milito

2nd: Lionel Messi

3rd: Wayne Rooney

World Player of the Year:

1st: Francesc Fabregas

2nd: Wayne Rooney

3rd: Cristinao Ronaldo

European Footballer of the Year:

2nd: Carlos Tevez

European Striker of the Year:

1st: Diego Milito

2nd: Carlos Tevez

European Midfielder of the Year:

2nd: Silva

3rd: Cristiano Ronaldo

A good ceremony for my players and the Preniership.

The club accountant has informed me that as a business we made a loss of around £3,360,000

Manchester United v Chelsea

The perfect start to New Year see's us face bitter rivals Chelsea, and as usual the match was billed as an exciting match when in fact it was the biggest pile of crap I've ever witnessed. There was very little in the way of attacking as both midfields stifled the each other. In the first half there wasn't even a shot worth accounting but there was plenty of tackles, yet the referee wasn't eager to get his cards out.

The second half wasn't much better as again the midfields ran the game and the ball very rarely went of the middle third. However on the 71st minute we were reduced to ten men after Ronaldo who was getting very frustrated decided to sythe Lampard down right in front of the referee who had no option but to produce the red card, this had a great affect on us as we deiced to play alittle more and surprisnngly Chelsea seemed to drop a gear. On the 80th minute we managed to grab what turned out to be the winning goal as Rooney fired in from 10 yards. Itb was a very good start to season but I know that we will be missing Ronaldo for at least one match and I'm sure that it will be more when the FA have there way

Manchester United 1 Rooney 80

Chelsea 0

January 2nd: Transfer news see's us say goodbye to 2 players as Gerard Pique leaves us for Inyter Milan in a deal worth around £4,200,000 and reserve player Graig Cathcart joins Portsmouth for £600,000 which could rise to £1,000,000 depending on appearance's etc

January 5th: Manchester United v Cheltenham; FA Cup 3rd Round

The differnece in classs showed as we dominated Cheltenham from start to finish and on the 13th minute we took the lead as Tevez opened the scoring with a beautifully placed ball into the bottom left corner. We carried on pressing forward and it wasn't long till we fired another goal in as Carrick fired in from just outside the penalty box. On the half hour Cheltenham came close themselves as they had Kusscak diving at full strecth to save the ball. Just before the break we came close to adding another goal but Rooney fluffed his penalty into the keepers hands after Anderson was fouled by Lindegaard.

The second half was only a minute old when we did add another goal as Nani placed the ball past the Cheltenham keeper to make it 3-0. Cheltenhams day didn't get any better as on the 56th minute Parks was sent off for a second yellow card. With this my players pile forwad and on the 74th minute we made it 4-0 as Owen headed in from 6 yards after a Nani corner. It was becoming a rout as Cheltenham rarely got a touch of the ball and we wrapped up the scoring on the 85th minute as Owen again fired in to send us hurtling into the 4th Round

Manchester United 5 Tevez 13, Carrick 24, Nani 46, Owen 74, 85

Cheltenham 0

January 7th: The draw for the FA Cup 4th Round see's us facing either MK Dons or Coventry City

January 8th: As suspected the FA have handed Ronaldo a further two match ban for his sending off against Chelsea

January 9th: Manchester United v Arsenal; League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg;

My team were in confident mood after the good win against Cheltenham and they knew this was there first chance to get me some silverware. Arsenal came out all guns blazing and it set the game up to be rip roaring, and it was just that as both teams piled forward in a real end to end match. Yet despite all the attacking football the first real effort didn't come till the 27th minute as Arsenal were awarded a penalty after Giggs had fouled Fabregas in the area. Van Persie stepped up for the penalty but Kuszcak managed to save the ball and tip it round the upright. Eight minutes later we took the lead as Gigg's cross was fired in with pin point precision by Nani. Yet unforutnatly my defence lapsed within five minutes of the goal as Downing equalised for Arsenal.

At the break I told the players to keep up the great play and to concentrate.

Within two minutes of the restart we had to replace Scholes after two footed lunge on him caused a leg injury. We however got revenge for Scholesy as Owen fired in to reatake the lead. The goal knocked my players into another gear and we started to control the Arsenal team and late into the game we pulled further in front as Anderson fired in a brilliant 35 yard freekick after Owen was fouled on a run towards goal. It got even better for us as deep into injury time we got a penalty awarded to us after Van Persie fouled Ferdinand as he went for an Anderson cross. Nani stepped up and fired it hard into the goal to give us a 4-1 aggregate lead going into the second leg

Manchester United 4 Nani 35, pen 90, Owen 52, Anderson 86

Arsenal 1 Downing 42

Injury news: Scholes will be missing from action for around two weeks after recieving a nasty gashed leg

January 13th: Everton v Manchester United

We started quietly in this game as Everton kept possesion pretty well. Yet it was us that had the first effort of the match as Owen headed just wide of the upright, soon after Everton came close with a rasping shot that Van Der Saar had to be alert to save. On the 24th minute the first goal of the game went in as Tevez fired in from just outside the area after a poor clearance by the Everton keeper. AT half time I told my players to keep possesion better and try to stifle the Everton front line.

The second half was very quiet as my midfield did a brilliant job of doing what I asked with some excellent tackling. Just before the hour though Evertopn came very close to scoring but they were denied by the crossbar after Ferdinand had made a very poor pass. Despite all Evertons pressure they failed to get past the defence and we ended up with a well fought three points

Everton 0

Manchester United 1 Tevez 24

January 16th: We will be facing Coventry City in the FA Cup 4th Round as they beat MK Dons 4-0 in the replay

January 19th: Manchester United v West Ham United

We got off to a bad start as my team went a goal down within six minutes as Ashton broke clear of my defence to slot past Van Der Saar. West Ham then tested our defence again with another good effort from Ashton but this time Ferdinand managed to throw himself in front of the shot. We finally got our first effort off on the 15th minute as Tevez headed into the West Ham keepers arms. On the 21st minute we equalised as Rooney's specualtive effort managed to dribble past the poor West Ham keeper. Five minutes later West Ham nearly retook the lead as my defence completely fell asleep at a corner and Anton Ferdinand rattled our crossbar with a thunderous header.

At half time I told my players they needed to control the game more and stop West Ham keeping possesion.

The second half was only ten minutes old when West Ham broke clear of my defence again, but luckily for us the effort was poor and went well wide of the goal. On the 62nd minute we lost midfielder Nani to injury after a studs p tackle left him with a nasty cut down his left leg. The filthy West Ham player didn't even get a yellow card. I was furious.

On the 71st minute though we got our revenge as Owen slipped his defender to slot past the onrushing West Ham keeper to give us the lead. We began to gain much more of the ball and on the 90th minute we added our third goal as Rooney fired in his second of the game.

Manchester United 3 Rooney 21, 90, Owen 71

West Ham United 1 Ashton 6

Injury News: Nani will miss the next two weeks with a badly gashed leg

Next up was the second leg of the League Cup semi final and with a good great 4-1 aggregate lead I was confident of reaching the final at the end of February.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

It was a good win over arch rivals Chelsea, they were favourites by the bookies to win that game. Craig Cathcart is a good player but was never get a game so better to sell him than lose him on a free

January 23rd: Arsenal v Manchester United; League Cup Semi - Final 2nd Leg (agg 4-1)

The perfect start for us see's us cancel out Arsenal's away goal with a thunderous goal by Tevez on the 3rd minute. The home fans were silenced but not for long as after seven minutes Van Persie equalised the game with a great free kick after Ferdinand fouled Adebayor on the edge of the area. Arsenal however went a goal down as Tevez doubled his tally for the game as he headed in from short range after Anderson crossed in a peach from the right side. The game started to become real end to end stuff with both teams attcking really well and it was Arsenal scored the next goal as Senderos headed in on the 44th minute. As before though Arsenal lost a goal soon after as Rooney fired in on the stroke of half time.

At the break I replaced Tevez with Owen.

It was an inspired substitution as ten minutes into the half Owen scored to make it 8-3 on aggregate and basically sent us into the League Cup final.

Arsenal 2 Van Persie 10, Sederos 44

Manchester United 4 Tevez 3, 16, Rooney 45, Owen 55

Manchester United go through 8-3 on aggregate

We will meet another London team in the Final as Fulham will join us in the first Wembley final of the season

January 25th A good bit of transfer news see's trouble maker Patrice Evra join Barcelona for a fee of £8,250,000. I was in truth glad to see the back of him and lets hope it will show other players that I will not stand for diva's in my team

January 26th: Manchester United v Coventry City; FA Cup 4th Round

Within 23 seconds of the start we were a goal up as Hargeaves fired in from the edge of the area, Coventry looked well shocked. On the 6th minute we nearly doubled our lead as Tevez fired just wide after a great pass by Carrick. After that the first half seemed to die a death with some very slack passing and general crap football. I told the players that they should really be beating a lower division side like Coventry and the fans will want more in the second half.

My words seemed to fall on deaf ears as we still struggled to rbeak down this Coventry side and we got punished as on the 67th minute Doyle equalised for the sky blues. To say I was furious was an understatement and my players could tell. There play improved alittle and it was enough to give us the winner as on the 80th minute Tevez fired in the winner. It was a poor match for us and the full house crowd showed us what they thought of our performance and in truth I can't blame them.

Manchester United 2 Hargreaves 23sec, Tevez 80

Coventry City 1 Doyle 67

After the final whistle I let my players know what I though of that performance and told them in no uncertain terms that I didn't want a performance like that again

January 28th: The draw for the FA Cup 5th Round has seen us pitted at home to either Newcastle United or Sunderland

January 29th: Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspurs

A tight start as both teams did there best not to give up possession, much of the play concentrated in the middle third but on the 22nd minute Tottneham managed to break clear to record the first shot of the game. Luckily for us it wasn't much of a shot and Van Der Saar watched it sail wide. On the 34th minute we opened the scoring with our first shot of note as Owen curled a beautifully placed effort past the Tottneham keeper.

At half time I told the players that we needed to press Tottneham more and pressure them into a mistake.

The first goal of the second half was unfortunatly scored by Tottenham as Pongolle showed my attackers how to pressurize a defence. It nearly got worse as Tottneham's Berbatov managed to fluff a penalty after Ferdinand had fouled him in the area. Luckily for us this seemed to wake my players up and on the 76th minute we took the lead as Tevez nodded home from 6 yards after a good cross by G.Neville. To round the day off we went a further goal up as Ronaldo fired in a trade mark free kick from 20 yards after Tevez was fouled. A win but a poor performance by my team

Manchester United 3 Owen 34, Tevez 76, Ronaldo 87

Tottneham Hotspurs 1 Pongolle 62

January 30th: I've decided to sell defender Vidic to AC.Milan for £14,250,000. I know the famns won't be happy but in my eyes it was a good price for him and it will help me fund some moves in the summer.

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 63pts (24)

2nd: Chelsea 51pts (24)

3rd: Newcastle United 50pts (24)

February 1st: The club accountant has let me know that we made a profit of £26,350,000 last month.

I have also recieved the Manager of the Month Award.

February 2nd: Aston Villa v Manchester United

A tough game saw us struggle to break down europe chasing Villa, they were the first to have an effort as Van Der Sar had to dive at full stretch to save a rasping effort on the 11th minute. We soon tested the Villa keeper as Nani headed just wide the upright after some great play by O'Shea. On the 28th minute we took the lead as Owen ran clear of the Villa defence to round the keeper and slot into the open net, a pure piece of skill. This was quickly followed by Villa rattling our upright after some slack play by my whole defence.

At half time I told my players to concentrate and not to get complacent,

The second half was much better by my team as we begna to show our superior class and it wasn't long till we came close again as Tevez headed into the keeeprs arms after he managed to find a yard on the Villa defence. We didn't have too wait long till we doubled our lead as Ferdinand rose highest to nod in a VCarrick corner after Tevez's initial shot was tipped round the post. An overall better performance by my team and I was even more pleased with a good three points

Aston Villa 0

Manchester United 2 Owen 28, Ferdinand 69

February 9th: Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers

We faced local rivals Bolton and in truth they gave us a great match as they showed theyw ere no pushovers, despite there poor League position. On the 15th minute we had our first effort as Tevez somehow managed to miss the gaping goal and head wide. He looked embaressed with his effort. It wasn't long till he had the chance to redeem himself and he would of done if it wasn't for the brilliance of the Bolton keeper and about a millometre of paint on the upright. We continued to press forward in the hope of breaking the deadlock yet it was Bolton who had the next effort as they had Van Der Sar diving at full stretch to tip the ball round the post.

The second half began well for us as we continued to pound the Bolton defence and on the hour they had the crossbar to thank as Ronaldo's freekick sailed into it. It looked as though it was going to be one of those days as we fired shot after shot into the Bolton area but luckily our persistance paid off as on the 71st minute Giggs showed my attackers how to do it with a rasping effort from 20 yards to claim the winner for us

Manchester United 1 Giggs 71

Bolton Wanderers 0

FA Cup news see's us facing Newcastle United in the next round after they beat Sunderland 1-0 in there replay, the game will be played in a weeks time

February 16th: Manchester United v Newcastle United; FA Cup 5th Round

A full house witnessed a cracking game as my team deicded to up the geas and show the rest of England what football is about. Newcastle were on the back foot from the start as they struggled to contain my front three of Owen, Rooney and Tevez. If it wasn't for there keeper we could of been several goals up before the 15th minute. On the 20th minute we finally broke the deadlock as Owen came back to haunt his old club. Owen fired in a cracker from 18 yards. We peppered the Newcastle area with shot after shot yet we couldn't get past the keeper.

Just before the break we got the ball into the Newcastle net as Tevez ran clear of the defence to score, but the assistant referee raised his flag very late and the goal was ruled offside.

The second half began much as the first ended as we dominated a poor Newcastle team. It wasn't long till we had tested the Newcastle keeper again and yet again he rescued Newcastle from going a further goal down. We finally made it 2-0 on the 63rd minute as Owen again fired in after breaking clear of the Newcastle defence. We were in complete control and Newcastle didn't manage a single effort on goal and we should of scored six or seven and would of if it wasn't for the brilliance of there keeper

Manchester United 2 Owen 20, 63

Newcastle United 0

February 18th: The draw for the FA Cup 1/4 final has seen us get the easiest tie in the draw as we face a home tie with Q.P.R

But first we have the small matter of a trip to Spain as we face Barcelona in the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League

February 20th: Barcelona v Manchester United; Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

The fans didn't realise what a classic they were about to witness as both teams put on a masterclass of football. Barcelona had the first shot of the night as they rattled our crossbar from 20 yards via a stunning Ronaldhino freekick. This was followed by a great counter attack by my team with Owen firing just wide after latching onto a Nani through ball. The first goal came in the 22nd minute as Eto'o fired in a thunder bolt from 25 yards after my defence kept backing off from him. Within seven minutesd the Nou Camp was rocking as Eto'o again destroyed my defence to slot past a helpless Van Der Sar. I was gutted that we had let Barca get two goals in front . Credit to my players there heads didn't go down and they kept on plodding forward, they were rewarded on the 41st minute as Scholes hit a wonderful shot high into the Barcelona net. The perfect end to our half and we were still in with a shout.

The second half started badly for us as nine minutes in Barcelona regained there two goal cushion as Puyol headed in from a Ronaldhino cross. They nearly added a further goal within three minutes as Ronaldhino's volley was well blocked by Rooney of all people.

We pressed forward and on the 72nd minute we pulled a goal back as Owen fired past the despairing Barca keeper to give us two away goals. It giot even better for us as on the 79th minute Owen again fired in to give us the equaliser and three away goals. Yet we nearly let all slip in the last minute as Eto'o came agonizingly close to completing his hat trick

Barcelona 3 Eto'o 22, 29, Puyol 54

Manchester United 3 Scholes 41, Owen 72, 79

Three away goals is a great reward for a well fought game, hopefully we wont let our concntration slip at Old Trafford in a forthnight. Next up was the chance for my first real piece of silverware as we face Fulham in the League Cup final at Wembley

February 24th: Manchester United v Fulham; League Cup Final; (Wembley)

We got off to the perfect start as after only two minutes we were a goal up as Tevez fired in from short range. The United end was going wild as the Fulham players looked shell shocked. On the 15th minute we came close to doubling our lead as Rooney fired just wide of the upright after breaking clear of the Fulham defence. We were all over Fulham and they looked out of the game before the first 45 minutes had been played.

The second half had barely started when Rooney latched onto a Giggs pass to slot past the on rushing keeper. Fulham then managed there only shot of the game as a slip by Silvestre nearly cost us a goal. I brought Owen on for Tevez and he nearly repaid me with a fine strike which went just over. We kept the ball in the Fulham half but couldn't add to our tally and we had done enough to earn me my first real Trophy as Manchester United manager.

Manchester United 2 Tevez 2, Rooney 48

Fulham 0

I let the players enjoy there success, but I was just thinking of the rest of the season and I knew my players couldn't rest on there laurels

February 27th: Middlesbrough v Manchester United

After the excitement of winning the League Cup this game became a bit of a damp squid as my players didn't seem to be at the races. Middlesbrough however looked just as bad as they struggled to string any sort of passing together and the fans were treat to a real crap match.

The second half was just as dire and the only bit of excitement was seeing Tevez getting himself sent off for stupidly elbowing Woodgate in the face, what made it worse was that he did it in front of the referee and then tried to deny anything happened. Not impressed at all!!!

Middlesbrough 0

Manchester Untied 0

February 28th: I called Tevez into the office after training and told him he was being fined two weeks wages, he accepted the fine and apologised for his idiocy. We'll have to see what the FA do about the sending off

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 70pts (27)

2nd: Chelsea 60pts (27)

3rd: Newcastle United 53pts (27)

March 1st: Manchester United v Derby County

The crunch month as such in the Premiership as all teams intrested in the Trophy need to start to get there acts together and vice versa with the relegation zone.

My players came out with all guns blazing and looked well in control of the Rams yet we struggled to finish any sort of move off. It was Derby who put the ball in the net first but luckily for us it was ruled out for a foul on Silvestre. On the half hour we came very close to breaking the deadlock as Owen headed the ball goalwards and the Derby keeper somehow managed to get down and tip it round the post, from the resulting corner Ronaldo volleyed just over.

The second half was only eleven minutes old when we finally got the breakthrough we deserved as Scholes thundered in a trademark effort from 20 yards to give us the lead. We continued to press forward but to no avail as we had shot after shot either saved or go wide/over. But late in the game our luck changed as Owen rattled i9n a daisy cutter from 15 yards to give us 2-0 win and all three points

Manchester United 2 Scholes 56, Owen 85

Derby County 0

After the match the club accountant revealed we had made a loss of £3,690,000

March 5th: Manchester United v Barcelona; Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg (agg 3-3)

With three away goals I wasn't quietly confident that we could progress, but I we had to be careful not to let our concentratiion slip.

Barcelona came out like the home team as they attacked us early on. On the 9th minute they came close with a rasping shot which went just wide of Van Der Sars post. They were all over us but my whole team stayed firm and didn't let them get close to getting off any sort of dangerous shot. We finally managed to get a shot towards goal as Giggys cross was headed wide by Silvestre. On the 32nd minute we got a huge slice of luck as a poor clearance by the Barcelona defence was volleyed in by Ronaldo. Barcelona nearly replied almost instantly as they rattled the upright with a great freekick after Silvestre had fouled Messi on the edge of the area. On the 42nd minute I had to replace Giggs after he fell awkwardly whilst chasing a ball.

At half time I told my players to keep up the excellent work and that they were only 45 minutes from the 1/4 finals.

The second half started well as we kept hold of the ball better than we did in the first half. However it was Barcelona who had the first effort of the half with a long range effort which went straight into the waiting arms of our keeper. On the 65th minute we made the tie safe as Owen made it three goals in the two legged tie against Barcelona. Barcelona tried everything to get back itno the tie but my defence held firm and we were through to the quarter finals.

Manchester United 2 Ronaldo 32, Owen 65

Barcelona 0

Manchester United advance 5-3 on aggregate

Injury News: Giggs will miss 1-2 months after straining knee ligaments

March 7th: The FA have informed me that Tevez will be suspended for an extra 2 matches after his sending off in the 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough

The draw for the 1/4 final of the Champions League has taken place and we have been pitted against French team Lyon

Manchester United v Q.P.R: FA Cup 1/4 Final

We had got the easier of the FA Cup ties and it showed as we taught Q.P.R a lesson in football.

We had our first effort with the first attack of the match as Rooney fired just wide after only 32 seconds, this was quickly followed by a long range effrot from Owen.We piled on the pressure and eventually Q.P.R cracked as on the 29th minute Hargreaves fired in from just outside the area after a poor clearance by the Q.P.R defence. It didn't get any better for the Championship side as on the 41st minute Owen fired into an open net after rounding the keeper. It was looking all too easy.

The second half was no different as we went three up on the 49th minute with Rooney getting in on the scoring act. We scored our fourth and final goal on the 68th minute as Saha netted after a great team move. It was a good dominant win and we were on our way to the semi finals

Manchester United 4 Hargreaves 29, Owen 41, Rooney 49, Saha 68

Q.P.R 0

March 7th: The draw for the semi finals of the FA Cup have taken place and we will face the winners of the tie between Chelsea and Aston Villa

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspurs

We got off to a great start as after a mere four minutes we were a goal up as Owen fired in from short range following a great pass by Ronaldo. unfortunatly this was a false dawn as the game became a bit of a damp squid with some poor football by both teams.

The second half was no better and the only thing to note in the half was a sending off as Tottenham were reduced to ten men after Emre got a second yellow card on the 89th minute. I had to feel sorry for both sets of fans after watching this 90 minutes of *****

Manchester United 1 Owen 4

Tottenham Hotspurs 0

Cheers gandycoleuk, same with your story, enjoying your alot. shame about the Sunderland result

March 15th: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United

Another good game for us as we dominated a poor Blackburn team, it took us till the 18th minute to get our first effort on target though as Owen headed wide from a Nani cross. This was quickly followed by the same player raspiong an effort wide of the upright. It was all one way traffic as we piled into the Blackburn area at every oppurtunity. We finally broke the deadlock on the 40th minute as Ronaldo's freekick deflected off the foot of a Blackburn defender to go in.

The second half started with a flurry as my team killed the game off within the first 15 minutes of the half. On the 51st minute Rooney doubled our lead as he slotted past the helpless keeper, this was followed five minutes later by Scholes thundering in a typical long range effort from him. On the 62nd minute Blackburn pulled a goal back with there first shot of the afternoon as Bentley slotted past Van Der Sar. Blackburns day didn't improve as on the 87th minute theyw ere reduced to ten men after Rigters was sent off for an elbow on Silvestre

Blackburn Rovers 1 Bentley 62

Manchester United 3 Ronaldo 40, Rooney 51, Scholes 56

After the match I was informed that we will be playing Aston Villa in the semi final of the FA Cup after they beat Chelsea 1-0 in there replay

I hate games like that Gandy, but it does happen unfiortunetly... good luck with the rest of your campaign and keep up the good story

March 22nd: Fulham v Manchester United

I was expecting Fulham to come at us all guns blazing and trying to avenge there League Cup final defeat by us in February, instead they were crap.

We started the rout on the 9th minute as Ronaldo tiptoed his way round the Fulham defence to give us the lead. A few minutes later the same player rattled the crossbar with a freekick from 25 yards after Rooney was fouled on his way to goal. The Fulham defender was lucky not to be sent off. We continued to pile forward and on the 28th minute we doubled our lead as Ronaldo fed Rooney for him to slot past the Fulham keeper. It got even worse for Fulham as eleven minutes later Rooney added another goal to make it 3-0 going into the break.

The second half was all us again as we continued the dominance of Fulham. On the 57th minute Rooney completed his hat trick as he fired past the keeper after yet another great ball by Ronaldo. Fulham just weren't at the races today and we completed the rout on the 83rd minute as Owen headed in from yes you've guessed it another Ronaldo cross. However late into injury time we had to replace Fletcher after a high tackle saw him unable to get up.

Fulham 0

Manchester United 5 Ronaldo 9, Rooney 28, 39, 57 Owen 83

Injury News: Fletcher will be out of action for at least a month after fracturing a couple of ribs.

March 29th: Manchester United v Liverpool

Liverpool proved a harded task than Fulham did. We started the better though as we tested the Liverpool defence early on with some fine football. On the 7th minute we had our first shot as Rooney rasped an effort over the crossbar and into the fans. Liverpool then came close but there shot was as bad as Rooney's and ended in the crowd. The deadlock was finally broken on the 19th minute as former Liverpool hero Owen fired in from short range. We nearly blew the lead though a minute later as Liverpool rattled the upright after a shot was curled round Van Der Sar. On the 25th minute we doubled our lead as a great counter attack ended with O'Shea heading in after a cross by Anderson, it got even better as a minute later we made it 3-0 with Nani scoring the goal. Liverpool's players heads didn't drop as they piled forward in search fo something in the game, and on the 37th minute they managed to sneak a goal in as Leto fired in past a flailing Van Der Sar.

The second half was alot quieter as we seemed to drop a gear, we didn't test Liverpool much in the half but we did enough to keep them at bay. Yet on the 87th minute they pulled another goal back as defender Carragher headed in from a dodgy freekick. Despite this late goal it wasn't enough for Liverpool to get anything from us and we got a great three points.

Manchester United 3 Owen 19, O'Shea 25, Nani 26

Liverpool 2 Leto 37, Carragher 87

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 85pts (32)

2nd: Chelsea 73pts (32)

3rd: Newcastle United 60pts (31)

April 1st: Anderson has been rewarded for his fine form this season with the Young Player of the Month award, I recived the Manager of the Month award.

The club accountant reported that we had made a profit of £1,200,000

Archived