FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

purefun

I've never played my -18's so much either, thought it might make progress better, and some of the results they got I think they might have, yeah I wont be needing anyplayers for a while now, was going to get Lloris but he went to Villareal so I'll just leave it with Coupet for now until Costil is good enough to replece.

Yeah it will make them progress faster but don't play them too much than they overplay themselves. I hope that makes sence.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I know what you mean, so that they don't peak too soon, all the ones that are old enough have been loaned out this season aswell, nobody wants Sakho on loan though, well not playing him 1st team, although I'm getting bids of around £4m for him lol

Will your feeder clubs take him on loan? If not, get a new one?

p.s sent you a email already \o/

Yeah they'd take him but I'm not sure whether he'd get games there, I suppose I could send him out and if he's not getting used just recall him.

What teams are your feeders?

---------

I'm not home yet. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by real_betis:

Ale appears to have benefited greatly from his loan at Belenenses. Seems to be turning into a great DM:

Ale

Looks great a very good loan. Portugal is good country to send loanees at imo. I have V. Guimaraes as feeder there.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah they'd take him but I'm not sure whether he'd get games there, I suppose I could send him out and if he's not getting used just recall him.

What teams are your feeders?

---------

I'm not home yet. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

purefun

Theres a couple that you start with and the only one I've picked is Hercules??? Spanish 1st division, I'm mainly waiting until around December when I think I can pick what type then.

Originally posted by real_betis:

Yeah I have Belenenses as my feeder. Gonna send a couple of players there in the coming season. Could really do with a merchandising feeder, though. Do you have one, purefun, and when did you get it?

First or second season iirc. I ask three feeders a year. June, July and January. I got my first in June and my second financial feeder in July icon_biggrin.gif. But it doesn't make a lot of money mate. Last season i made again iirc about 48 mil euro on merchandising which isn't a lot imo because on last years version i got around 150 mil euro a year which is a lot better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

Yeah I have Belenenses as my feeder. Gonna send a couple of players there in the coming season. Could really do with a merchandising feeder, though. Do you have one, purefun, and when did you get it?

First or second season iirc. I ask three feeders a year. June, July and January. I got my first in June and my second financial feeder in July icon_biggrin.gif. But it doesn't make a lot of money mate. Last season i made again iirc about 48 mil euro on merchandising which isn't a lot imo because on last years version i got around 150 mil euro a year which is a lot better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still better than the £4m I'm making now icon_biggrin.gif

Well after a long period away from FM08, and not a single game lasting more than one season, I've decided to come back to the game. I was playing a bit of FM07 in my period away from 08 of course. icon_wink.gif So my obvious choice was Lyon as my favourite team to play with. Lets see how far I go this time eh?

I haven't had a proper go since 8.0.2 came out so will need a little help from Purefun and co. Mainly I would like to know some coaches, scouts etc to sign as a starting point.

What the hell!?

He was transfer listed by requested when he was 100% owned by Roma, I bid £12.5m for him and it was accepted, but he chose Milan's co-ownership (£7.25m) over me. He moved to them, I looked at his Transfer Status and he was still listed by request with his value set at 0! So I jumped at the chance and bid, I presumed it was just a mistake and it wouldn't be accepted or whatever but it was. Potential bug?

Originally posted by glory utd:

I haven't had a proper go since 8.0.2 came out so will need a little help from Purefun and co. Mainly I would like to know some coaches, scouts etc to sign as a starting point.

Obvious choice offcourse. icon_wink.gif

As for coaches and scouts : Desailly as ass. manager is a must but that could wait for another year if you want (i did).

I hired some regens and really unknown coaches, i just filtered with the attributes and signed only the best ones. Pretty easy way to get seven star training.

Also stole some from Marseille and Bordeaux. Don't remember the names though.

Real behanger

Great result against Real Madrid mate.

Real Betis

Some very nice dealing there. icon14.gif

Really looking forward to Aquilani mate. Also tried to sign him but i always failed. Great deal and yes it is a bug. Also Taiwo is a great one.

Already two trophies to start the season with.

Real Betis

Some very nice dealing there. icon14.gif

Really looking forward to Aquilani mate. Also tried to sign him but i always failed. Great deal and yes it is a bug. Also Taiwo is a great one.

Already two trophies to start the season with.

Cheers mate. It's a known bug then? Was thinking about reporting it. I feel a bit guilty, exploiting the bug icon_biggrin.gif But I suppose if I hadn't signed him one of the other teams would've.

purefun, i might start a new career with lyon but i was wondering firstly if u could tell me where to improve if need be and also any new potential faces for the future. may i also ask that you post screenies of sakho, saivet, menez and that lyon right back. i want to see how good they become. thanks

Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

purefun, i might start a new career with lyon but i was wondering firstly if u could tell me where to improve if need be and also any new potential faces for the future. may i also ask that you post screenies of sakho, saivet, menez and that lyon right back. i want to see how good they become. thanks

I'll post the screenshots tomorrow night mate no problem. And its Abenzoar.

As for youngsters go for the usual (they are mostly french so that isn't a problem).

Areas to strenghen are in first place defence and a versatile midfielder and maybe a striker.

I'll go in detail if you start as Lyon!! icon_wink.gif

2nd Season Update - Current Date 1st December

Players Brought

Luis Jiminez - £3.4m

Matthieu Flamini - Free

Thaigo Motta - Free

Arturo Vidal - £5m

Carlos Pereira - Free

Garry Bocaly - £4.5m

Players Sold

Ederson - £11m

Migliore - £750k

Cris - £3.3m

Delle - £120k - With buyback

Mounier - £2m

Delgado - £4.5m

Motta - £3m

Loans Out

Piatti

Costil

Altidore

Adrien

Traore

Grax

Sankhare

Saunier

Abenzoar

Benzerga

Le Tallec

Saivet

So Far

Matches Played - 30

Goals Scored - 70(2.3)

Goals Conceded - 15(0.5)

Ligue 1

Played - 19

Won - 17

Drn - 2

For - 47

Ag - 12

We also retained the Champions Trophy and Won the Euro Super Cup & Club World Championship for the first time.

purefun

I hope he does, goalkeepers is the one are that I'm lacking enough talent really.

Coupet is fine but getting on, Vercoute(sp?) I'm not so keen on being a first choice for a long time, Costil - well I'll see how he turns out,

Thats why I wanted Lloris but he chose Villareal.

It's my fault too though as I don't like spending much money but they all cost a fiar amount!!

Ben oster is out of contract thoug so I'll try unsettling and prasing him, atm he's rejecting mine and Man Utd's contracts.

Well if you're right Scott then I'll be very happy!!!

Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't even thought to check.

He should have a releaseclause but if its low i don't know. Let us know!

Originally posted by sherica-:

quick question...how many seasons is Juninho worth keeping for?

He was quality forme in the first 2 seasons as a first team regular, and still contributed in the 3rd season as a bit-part player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenalandaa4life:

alright thanks mate. i started a new game and squillaci is brilliant. are there any signing i should make apart from the obvious youngsters

I'll post the screenshots tomorrow night mate no problem. And its Abenzoar.

As for youngsters go for the usual (they are mostly french so that isn't a problem).

Areas to strenghen are in first place defence and a versatile midfielder and maybe a striker.

I'll go in detail if you start as Lyon!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal ...

As promised

Sakho is out injured so a little drop in his stats but quality.

Saivet statwise not so good but everybody wants him and bids are currently around 70 mil + 50 %.

Menez quality although this season not so many assists but still influential.

Abenzoar Superb thats all i have to say.

At the end of season 1 in my Lyon game I get the change to vote for players, You have to choose 3 players but you can't vote for your own players. But I had only 2 players from other clubs in the choose list. So I've put my own players in mine reserves and so I could vote on all my own players. Comes in handy

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

At the end of season 1 in my Lyon game I get the change to vote for players, You have to choose 3 players but you can't vote for your own players. But I had only 2 players from other clubs in the choose list. So I've put my own players in mine reserves and so I could vote on all my own players. Comes in handy

So if you put them in reserves than you can vote on them. Didn't know that. Will use it the next time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

So if you put them in reserves than you can vote on them. Didn't know that. Will use it the next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get the vote screen, put them in the reserves. And then go back to the news screen and then back to your voting screen and vote for your own players

purefun

Your Abenzoar and Sakho look brill, hopefully mine become like that, Saivet on my game looks like his stats arent so good aswell although he does well still.

Season 2 - End Update

A very good season was had, improving on the previous year, things are looking up at Lyon.

Transfers In

Luis Jiminez

Matthieu Flamini

Thiago Motta

Arturo Vidal

Carlos Pereira

Garry Bocaly

Hugo Lloris

Joe Mattock

Total of £27.5m

Transfers Out

Ederson

Fracesco Migliore

Cris

Joris Delle

Anthony Mounier

Romain Dedola

Cesar Delgado

Total of £18.75m

alot of players were loaned out and 6 players given free transfers.

Future Transfers

Ben Foster - Free

Competitions

Ligue 1 Orange

Much better this season, because I loaned out the younger players I was forced to play 1st team pretty much all the time,

Finished 1st place again; With a total of 104 points.

Record - Played 38

- Won 34

- Drn 2

- Lst 2

- GS 101

- GA 23

- GD +78

Between 2nd and 7th there was only 10 points difference, PSG were 2nd with 74 points.

Ligue 1 Orange Top Scorers -

Jimmy Briand - Stade Rennais Fc - 29

Marama Vahirua - FC Lorient - 24

Karim Benzema - OL - 23

Ligue 1 Orange Top Assist's

Hatem Ben Arfa - OL - 15

Walter Erviti - PSG - 12

Samir Nasri - OM - 12

Ligue 1 Orange Highest Av Rating

Christopher Samba - OL - 7.49

Benjamin Gavanon - AS Nancy lorraine - 7.41

Karim Benzema - OL - 7.41

Hatem Ben Arfa - OL - 7.39

Champions Trophy

Winners vs OGC Nice - 3-0

Samba

Kader Keita

Fred

Coupe De La Ligue

4th Round vs FC Lorient - 1-0

Karim Benzema

QF vs OM - 3-0

Benzema(2)

Jeremy Menez

SF vs FC Sochaux - 2-0

Samba

Benzema

Final vs Stade Rennais FC - 4-1

Ben Arfa

Benzema(Pen)

Squillaci

Fred

Winners - Olympique Lyonnais

French Cup

11th Round vs PSG - 3-2

Menez

Ben Arfa(2)

QF vs Stade Rennais FC - 2-4

Matthieu Bodmer

Fred

Wer'e Out Again - Briand Hat Trick

Eventual winners - OGC Nice

Euro Super Cup

Final vs Valencia - 1-0

Karim Benzema

We won icon_wink.gif

Club World Championship

SF vs Salt Lake - 3-0

Wijnaldum

Sakho

Ben Arfa

Final vs Boca - 2-0

Jeremy matthiu (Pen)

Fred

Winners - Olymipiqu Lyonnais

Champions League

Group Stage

vs Roma - 3-0

vs Osasuna - 6-0

vs red Star - 2-1

vs Red Star 2-1

vs Roma 0-1

vs Osasuna - 0-0

OL - 13pts

Roma - 12pts

Red Star - 5pts

Osasuna - 3pts

First Knockout Round.

vs Leverkusen - 4-1

Menez(2)

Bodmer

Jeremy mathieu

vs Leverkusen - 2-2

Benzema

Jiminez

Benzema (sent off 41)

Quater Final

vs AC Milan - 0-0

vs AC Milan - 4-1

Fred

Bodmer

Flamini

Jeremy Mathieu

Semi Final

vs Valencia - 3-1

Menez

Samba

Kallstrom

vs Valencia - 2-2

Vidal

Benzema

Champions League Final

vs Barcelona - 2-0

Benzema

Mathieu (pen)

Winners - OL

Current Squad Main Players some youths reserves missedout.

GK- Lloris, Costil, Coupet, Vercoutre

LB- Grosso, Matthieu, Mattock, Ab Raz Traore

RB- Clerc, Abenzoar, Bocaly, Reveillere

CB- Vidal, Saunier, Sakho, Paillot, Recordier, Samba, Squillaci

DM/CM- Flamini, Benzerga, Sankhare, Mehamha, Juninho, Adrien, Thiago, Toulalan, Boderm, J Mathieu

AM's - Wijnaldum, Ben Arfa, Keita, Menez, Saivet, Piatti, Jiminez, Kallstrom, Hazard

ST Saivet, Le Tallec, Hazard, Altidore, Benzema, Fred, Grax

Transfer Targets for Next Season

I'll try and bring in Armand Traore at LB and possibly N'Gog as a striker.

------------------------------------------

I can't think of what else to put really, if you want any SS's just ask!

Liam

As long as you have sevenstartraining (a nice long word isn't it) and a good mix of games they will turn out that way mate.

Would like a screen of Foster and Benzerga is possible thank you. icon_smile.gif

Lovely season mate. Now next season the main cup and your king of the world. icon_biggrin.gif

Keep it up.

Oh and could you also give a screen of your finances. I'm always curious about that tbh.

Archived