FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Jonah

In what position do you play him and what instructions? (delgado)

I play him at AMR with a curved arrow pointing next to Benzema </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought so really i heard from others that play him like that and he does great that way. Thx. icon14.gif

Lyon is the most fun game I played so far on FM08, great team (even with the all selling chairman) and an easy league. Europe is the challenge.

Now, as I stated on another thread, who should replace Juninho, Kallstrom (Bodmer, Ederson and Toulalan are out) or someone else?

Originally posted by C®ouch:

Lyon is the most fun game I played so far on FM08, great team (even with the all selling chairman) and an easy league. Europe is the challenge.

Now, as I stated on another thread, who should replace Juninho, Kallstrom (Bodmer, Ederson and Toulalan are out) or someone else?

Depends which formation your playing and where you play Juninho, If your playing him as MC then theres no reason why Kallstrom cant do it, but have a look at Jeremy Menez, Very good and versatile, Or if you can lure Nasri away,

But with Keita, Delgad, Ben Arfa, Kallstrom, you should have enough cover in your team mate.

Like Hopey said.

Anyway Juninho is an MC so you need to replace him with an MC and the best options are Adrien and Martinez (Bilbao) those are affordable.

Than you have the next level and that is buying Toulalon back or offcourse Fabregas but i rate the first one higher and this is not biased.

I already have Menezicon_smile.gif Been using him as a winger though. What do you think of the suqad:

----------Lloris

Clerc Barzagli Zapata Pander

Govou Poulsen Juninho Ben Arfa

------Benzema (41 goal 1st season) Fred

2nd squad

--------Vercourte (Bouzanis as a youth)

Behrami Cris Sakho Luiz (or something, some kid I signed for 2 mil when Grosso left)

Keita Ahumada Kallstrom Menez

------Briand Fauvergue (scored 31 in the league 1st season for LOSC so I snapped him up)

Sakho is rather slow. I was planning on getting Taiwo when Grosso left, but they wanted much more then I had so I bought this Luiz guy... Or was it Hernandez... Or was it something third... No matter, 9 points clear in the league, the fans are singing me praises after trashing Maresilles 8-2 away... lol

After 59 pages of vouyerism, I have decided to contribute and will be starting a Lyon save tonight.

Will no doubt be on tomorrow for some advice.

I'll be playing on 8.0 and think i'll be making moves for the usual crowd....saivet, sakho, briand, etc .....going to try and keep a french flavour to the side.

At the start of January, first season, and I've got a dilema.

Madrid have made an offer of £32,500,000 (47m Euro) for Toulalan with 40% sell on clause. He's not been brillian for me so should i sell?

If yes, who's a good replacement?

Originally posted by sniell:

Madrid have made an offer of £32,500,000 (47m Euro) for Toulalan with 40% sell on clause. He's not been brillian for me so should i sell?

If he didn't perform for you well you could sell him but he is easely one of the best out there. Still great money mate.

J. Martinez from Bilbao is great but will set you at least 15-20 mil back.

Hi guys, just starting my first Lyon save, using 8.0.2.

Going to use a lot of advice from here on the players.

Firstly which no EU players are easiest to sell?

And also, who are the best options for Captain and playmaker?

Mark

Welcome mate and good luck.

Well its best to sell Anderson (but he is injured for a long time) and Santos (but he is loaned out) just sell them when they return.

If i'm not mistaken you have Fred and Crosas as non-EU and also Cris but also injured. Fred has been toned down a lot but can still a job but Crosas (sp) isn't good enough send him back.

So you could still buy some none-EU's mate.

Captian is Cris and vice is Juninho. You could replace Cris with Squillaci, Bodmer or Toulalon.

Playmaker : Juninho or Ben Arfa.

Just thought Id give a little update as Im halfway through my 7th season..........................

I have just gone through the January Transfer window, prior to which I played in the World Club Championships, and have won the competition for the 2nd time in 3 seasons!

In the semi final we faced New York Red Bulls. I played a weakened side hoping some of my back-up players could impress me sufficently to play more regular football, but they didn't really. We struggled to win the game, but finally over came them 3-1 after extra time. The players got decent ratings, but the performance wasn't really good enough, with only youngster Philippe Fernandes really leaving a mark on the game in my opinion.

World Club Championship Semi Final

In the final we met Brazilian side Sao Paulo. For this game I briought back the first team players, but again we struggled to perform. The ever reliable Hatem Ben Arfa put in a typically good performance as we won 2-1. We were lucky to win in truth, but at the end of the day its another trophy to add to my CV!

World Club championship Final

I have also made a couple of signings, something which I dont usually do in winter transfer windows. I have bought a right midfielder to offer me more options, aswell as a young goalkeeper.

Celsinho - £5.25million - Levante

Jonas Mjos - Free - IK Start

Like I already said, Celsinho will offer us an alternative on the right hand side, and Jonas Mjos is a good looking young keeper who can surely get better. For now he has gone out on loan to my feeder club Zulte Waregem so he can play first team football.

I'm back playing as Lyon. Continuing my seventh season. After selling so many players i'm getting really rich now. Second richest club in the world after Barca and closely followed by Real. Only 19 mil and i'm past Barca.

Everything going well in the league still to play in europe though but a fairly easy group.

Will post after midseason.

That is a good price, I sold him for £20m and have regretted it ever since, although he didn't preform for me that well either

Just so you know I did accept the bid and bought in Menez for 16.75(euro)/£11.5m and that still leaves me with a transfer profit of £8m.

Start of second season squad

GK: Kameni/Coupet/Costil

RB: Clerc/Reviellere

LB: Grosso/Mathieu

CB: Squallaci/Cris

CB: Samba/Sakho

RM: Keita/Govou

LM: Menez/Ben Arfa

DM: Mokoun/Flamini (on loan for a second season)

AM: Jimenez/Kallstrom/Bodmer/Ederson

ST: Benzema/Briand

ST: Fred/Vennegoor of Hesselink

Just beaten PSG 3-1 in the Champions Trophy, now preparing for the first game of the season away to Sochaux. Bring it on!!!

Sniell

Did you bring in Menez to replace Toulalon or to play at aml (his natural position)?

Twatty

Good squad but i still feel you should replace Govou (when you still get money for him).

Four amc's isn't that to much!! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

Sniell

Did you bring in Menez to replace Toulalon or to play at aml (his natural position)?

I'd been playing Toulalan at DM, so instead I've been playing Bodmer/Mathieu there instead and got Menez to keep the squad number at a reasonable level.

Sniell

Twatty

Good squad but i still feel you should replace Govou (when you still get money for him).

Four amc's isn't that to much!! icon_smile.gif

I do plan to sell Govou, and as for the AMC's I'm not sure who to sell out of Bodmer or Kallstrom as I may send Ederson out on loan

Sniell

Okay now i understand. Bodmer is better at DM than Toulalon tbh. Thats probably the reason he didn't perform so well.

Anyway Menez is a great but you won't regret it mate.

Twatty

Don't sell Bodmer he could easely replace Flamini when he goes back to Arsenal. He is a worldplayer on my game.

I would keep Jimenez and Kallstrom in rotation at the amc spot.

Loan or sell Ederson but thats just my opinion.

Sniell

Okay now i understand. Bodmer is better at DM than Toulalon tbh. Thats probably the reason he didn't perform so well.

Anyway Menez is a great but you won't regret it mate.

Twatty

Don't sell Bodmer he could easely replace Flamini when he goes back to Arsenal. He is a worldplayer on my game.

I would keep Jimenez and Kallstrom in rotation at the amc spot.

Loan or sell Ederson but thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the advice icon14.gif After sleeping on it I may sell Ederson. Just wondering if anyone has advice into selling lesser players like Cleber Anderson, Santos and Baros because I just can't shift them

Well thats easy (i sold them all for good money tbh) mate.

1. Put them on the transfer list and set them on "not needed by the club".

2. Set the asking price at 0 pound/euro.

3. Wait a day or two before you offer them around by this time clubs should be interested.

4. Offer them around at a reasonable price f.e. when (this in my game) Baros is worth 8 mil euro offer him at 5 mil upfront and 7 mil over 24 months or you could devide that in any sort of payment you would like to receive f.e. after int. app. ... .

5. If teams are interested they will make a bid others might say that the price is to high the only thing you need to do is lower your upfront fee and the 24 month part you can make higher than ...

6. Its as simple as that. icon_biggrin.gif

This doensn't work everytime but between 80-90 % of the time it does.

-----------

On my game finally Toulalon has returned after a lenghty injury and now Obi Mikel is out for 2 months.

By chance I just discovered a way to vote for my own players when voting for Ligue 1 Orange Player/Goalkeeper/Most Promising Player of the year. All you have to do is move the player you want to vote for to your reserve team. I only discovered this because Benzema is currently in my reserve squad recovering from injury.

Hi

First of all i want to say my Lyon game is the best game ive had and im only at the start of my 2nd season.

After winning the league, french cup, coupe de la leauge and reaching the semis in the champions league Hatem Ben Arfa has decided not to sign a new contract for me and wants to leave the club. Barcelona are offering £17million for him. Should i accept and get someone else? If yes who should i get?

Thanks

By chance I just discovered a way to vote for my own players when voting for Ligue 1 Orange Player/Goalkeeper/Most Promising Player of the year. All you have to do is move the player you want to vote for to your reserve team. I only discovered this because Benzema is currently in my reserve squad recovering from injury.

Very very interesting going to try that next time. icon14.gif

Originally posted by cobras112:

Hi

First of all i want to say my Lyon game is the best game ive had and im only at the start of my 2nd season.

After winning the league, french cup, coupe de la leauge and reaching the semis in the champions league Hatem Ben Arfa has decided not to sign a new contract for me and wants to leave the club. Barcelona are offering £17million for him. Should i accept and get someone else? If yes who should i get?

Thanks

How many years does he have left on his contract?

Originally posted by cobras112:

ive just found out hes got 24 months left so still good for one season. I will look to jimenez to fill his boots when its time to sell Ben Arfa.

No no mate buy Jiminez now because he'll cost to much next season. Just rotate him with somebody. About Ben Arfa leave him alone for about 6 months, give him a lot of game time and after that offer him a new lenghty contract with key player and he will sign.

Right, well I'm too lazy to write every detail of my first season but basicly I won all the domestic competitions only losing 1 game in the league. As far as the Champions League goes I got passed the groups stage, past AC Milan before Chelsea knocked me out (1-0 on aggregate) due to a 90th minute goal in the first leg at the bridge.

No player was particually outstanding, it was Samba who led my scoring charts in the league although he was some way off top scorer and Benzema who was injured a lot managed a reasonable amount.

So now, start of second season I'm looking to add to my squad. Preferably young French players, any ideas who to go for??

I already have Menez, Dia, Saviet...

If its not to much trouble could you post a s.s. of your team and maybe even reserve and -18 team?

Makes it easier.

Have a look at Socheaux -18 they seem to produce some worldclass regens on my game.

Tbh mate i wouldn't buy anyone for first team unless offcourse you are going to sell players like Grosso and Reveilleire. Than i would buy nobody to replace Reveileirre because you have Abenzoar (who turns out great) and i would buy Sakho to replace Grosso just to keep it french.

Another GK would be nice but thats up to you : Costil, Lloris, if possible Frey (expensive).

Juninho is also up to you if you sell than get Toulalon back or buy J. Martinez.

For the rest i would buy the usual youngsters or start searching for some great regens.

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

I am now half way the first season. I am on the first place but sill not going very well. How do you guys play? I play 4-4-2 but conceding to much.

Could you post a s.s. of your team and tactic (with the players you use as first team)? thx

Archived