2 tactics to conquer your league and CL on 8.0.2 (4-4-2 and Counter)

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

Dont use it as you're away tactic, use it depending on your odds, and if you think you really should beat a team then use the 442

With the oi, i always check to see what the players stats look like, eg

Bravery is below 12 = Tackle hard

Speed and accel are below 12/13 = Always close down.

And then always check out the feat thing and put that on,

I dont use tight markly as i see defenders getting dragged out of pos and getting lost.

I do OI for the Wingers and strikers and if the scout warns me about a central defender.

you are a legend mate, i had never thought of this, great deep analysis! icon_smile.gif

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

polat_dgn. Much respect to you, this is a fantastic tactic. I have tried to implement it over to xbox 360 although it's a little harder to do as I am unable to save your tactics and import them into the game.

I have read all posts in this thread and have managed to take details in order to create both tactics. For the easy matches, I have not had many problems (could be because I play as Chelsea and have the right players available to play well with it) I am having problems with the counter formation, I believe this is due to the fact that I have no idea what the individual player instructions are.

I know you are a busy guy but I was hoping either you or someone else who is using these tactics could let us 360 owners know the individual player instructions for both formations. It would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Hi, I've started a new career with spurs. The tactic really isn't working. The opposition usually scores in teh first 10 mins, usually scores 2 or 3 against me, home or away. The oppo has 60% possession in 9 matches out of 10. I csn have 14 shots in a match and 2 will be on target. It really gives away ALOT of goals. I dunno, it just ain't working. Tried the counter tactic when I'm underdgog but that just means you lose by a few less goals generally. Any ideas?

Originally posted by robmatey:

Yo Polat. Any ideas why this isn't working for me? It just lets in so many goals and the midfield can't keep any kind of possession.

do you use the OI like explained above? i think it is really useful..

I am also a 360 user and would like to try these tactics too.

Can anyone post the individual player instructions as of course we cannot share tactics on the 360.

many thanks.

To just update, I am still using these tactics.

My Aston Villa team are now on a run of 32 games won in a row in the premiership. Our goal average is over 3 per match and we have conceded less than one per game. The only blip was a 7-6 win over Chealsea in the league cup semi final.

I am the first to admit that my team is rediculace this year, i have filled it with most of the best players from around the world. But even I am amazed that I have not draw a game yet.

When I get to the end of season I will post the league table, mainly so i can gloat.

How about if someone could list the individual player instructions? I guess 90% of people who have read this thread are using the tactic, how about giving something back to the community by making this tactic accessible to console users??

Polat. I was selecting the tactic based on your advice at the start of this thread and I was getting stuffed pretty much every game. The I changed to playing the counter tactic for most mathces and got a few 1-0 and 2-1 wins which built up team morale and so I used the 442 at home when I was the favourite and got a few results like that. Now I'm 9th in the Prem, my record is W9 D3 L10. I don't know if I'm missing something but I'm not getting the incredible results a lot of other people are. I'm not critisizing your tactics but some advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

Originally posted by robmatey:

Polat. I was selecting the tactic based on your advice at the start of this thread and I was getting stuffed pretty much every game. The I changed to playing the counter tactic for most mathces and got a few 1-0 and 2-1 wins which built up team morale and so I used the 442 at home when I was the favourite and got a few results like that. Now I'm 9th in the Prem, my record is W9 D3 L10. I don't know if I'm missing something but I'm not getting the incredible results a lot of other people are. I'm not critisizing your tactics but some advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

mates please be sensible, we are talking about posting about 20 player instructions here, it requires a lot of work, i cant promise to do that, at least for the time being... but i will try.

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robmatey:

mates please be sensible, we are talking about posting about 20 player instructions here, it requires a lot of work, i cant promise to do that, at least for the time being... but i will try. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the same sense I was not addressing your post with my request, you have already given a lot of advise to people. I was referring to the guys who have already downloaded this tactic who maybe would like to give a little back.

Regards

The 442 tactic is working to well for me i always use this one. Played 8 games and only lost one to United. I need help with strikers though, i have aquero adebayor and eduardo and wanna know which ones shall i use in the two forward positions on the 442 tactic? Thanks

Originally posted by JW10:

The 442 tactic is working to well for me i always use this one. Played 8 games and only lost one to United. I need help with strikers though, i have aquero adebayor and eduardo and wanna know which ones shall i use in the two forward positions on the 442 tactic? Thanks

of course Aguero and Ade ...

Originally posted by JW10:

Yeah yeah have been usind these 2 its just i read you should use 2 small fast strikers and eduardos been bangin in goals?

i didnt mention small, just faster would be better and i think Adebayor is faster than Eduardo assuming u play in 8.0.2...

Polat_dgn,

Thought i would congratulate you on his little set of tactics.

Am Liverpool and have just finished the 4th season. Up until now, all i had won was the FA Cup in the 2nd season, this win persuaded the board of offer me a new 2 year contract.

Anyways, i have just won the Premier League with about 7 games to go. Beat Arsenal 1-0 in the League Cup final, and beat Arsenal 3-0 in the FA Cup final. I also lost 1-0 to Barcelona in the CL final.

Currently using Torres and Matias Fernandez as my two strikers, but trying to get Aguero in the break.

Thanks again for a great tactic.

Sarge

Originally posted by sarge:

Polat_dgn,

Thought i would congratulate you on his little set of tactics.

Am Liverpool and have just finished the 4th season. Up until now, all i had won was the FA Cup in the 2nd season, this win persuaded the board of offer me a new 2 year contract.

Anyways, i have just won the Premier League with about 7 games to go. Beat Arsenal 1-0 in the League Cup final, and beat Arsenal 3-0 in the FA Cup final. I also lost 1-0 to Barcelona in the CL final.

Currently using Torres and Matias Fernandez as my two strikers, but trying to get Aguero in the break.

Thanks again for a great tactic.

Sarge

thanx mate. i am happy that at least there are a few conquerers using these.. icon_smile.gif

polat_dgn these tactic are really spot on. With them I won the league, FA Cup and Champions League in my second season with Arsenal using these tactics. I had really struggled on tactis until then so thanks your a legend icon_smile.gif

Do you use any type of opposition instructions? I haven't been using any and was wondering if you had insight on this?

Originally posted by higgsy:

polat_dgn these tactic are really spot on. With them I won the league, FA Cup and Champions League in my second season with Arsenal using these tactics. I had really struggled on tactis until then so thanks your a legend icon_smile.gif

Do you use any type of opposition instructions? I haven't been using any and was wondering if you had insight on this?

yeah mate i sometimes use them, especially a few posts above, someone had posted very useful hints about OI, i advise you to read it..

Guest chrisekins1

brilliant tactic mate. Im playiing with madrid and after using this for a full season, i won the league, the league cup and got to the semi's of champs league. Also won the Spainish equilivant of the Charity Shield. Champions League is all i want know!!!

Thanks again.

Here are the 4-1-4-1 instructions as well.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/andrewhedley/pl...tructions4-1-4-1.png

For those interested, I have altered these instructions on my game slightly, I play with my forwards less attacking and I use the right side of my field as an attacking option while the left is a crossing option.

I also have one of my defenders set to sit slightly deeper and the other one with slightly increased closing down.

Is no one still using these tactics???

I am now in my 5th season as Liverpool, and currently on a 33 match (league) unbeaten run.

My squad is:

Ustari / Akineev

Rafinha / Richards / Hoyte

Bale / Insua / Aurelio

Breno / Agger / Sakho / Bocaly

Mascherano / Lucas / Ducasse

Gerrard / Martinez / Kenia

Farfan / Modric / Rodriguez / Fernandez / Elano / Reyes / Babel

Torres / Aguero / Owen / Goitom

I know that there a lot of players (and not many english) but that is the way that i play, i would rather have someone, then let them go to someone else... icon_biggrin.gif

The stadium is being upgraded to 76000 seats, and i am finally making money slowly, not every month, but all in all we are making a profit.

I am still using my slightly modified version of these tactics. So far in 2016/2017 I have just lost my first premier match of the season 3-2 to second place Arsenal. Every other match was a win before that and i have scored 91 goals so far and only conceded 12. Granted I am probably the best team in the world now, based on my players ability.

That may all change when i go into administration from buying al those world class players, balance is currently at -26 Million and dropping fast. Word to the wise, never sign too many players on monthly instalments in one season.

RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT my eyes are now very sore from reading the whole topic for about 2 hours (i'm a slow reader!) i am using this tactic on my Bournemouth side who are in the championship and i am happy with results, a few almost hicups, but thats to be expected from bournemouth in the championship! i somehow managed to pursuade dentinho and gai assulin to join my club and i really can't wait to see what they are like in a few years time on the couter attack tactic, i think it is made for them!!!

Great work Polat this has deffinatly bought back the love of FM08 for me!

Originally posted by The_Unknown_Artist:

I tried to find if someone else has already wrote it... but no luck.

My question is, what opp. instructions should i give with these tactics...?

...and will they work if i try them on FM2007, has anyone tried that?

Mate, the OI's that i follow are on page 6. I dont always do them. For example if it is a team that dont really see as a threat i dont bother.

As for FM07, not a clue.

Originally posted by The_Unknown_Artist:

I tried to find if someone else has already wrote it... but no luck.

My question is, what opp. instructions should i give with these tactics...?

...and will they work if i try them on FM2007, has anyone tried that?

Will almost certainly not work well on FM07, based on the fact that none of the tactics from FM07 work well in Fm08.

If you do want an excellent tactic for FM07, do a forum search for Minimal Fuss, the tactic we worked on last year rocked and the thread has pages of advice on tweaking it.

ok i think i remember someone having posted something like this before, but i have noticed that there are a lot of shots off target in the 4-4-2 formation, i'm going to have a little play with it tonight, to see if i can get a bit consistancy in the shots on target between the two tactics. i will report back some time soon with my findings, hopefully!

As promised and purely for my bragging rights, here is the final table using these tactics on my best in the world side.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/andrewhedley/Englishpremier.png

The loss was 3-2 away to Arsenal and the Draw was a disappointing "super Keeper" encounter away to Sunderland. Home record had us score 77 and concede 5. Please remember that I now have a first 11 valued at over 250 million pounds, so don't expect to match these results with an out of the box side. That said this is my 5th title in a row and the 2nd using this tactic set.

Polat, reading your post I imagine you must be a tactical mastermind. I have one question for you. I'm not trying toi use your tactic I want to create my own tactic. I have managed to setup my defense correct, not conceeding to much goals. The problem is keep ing possesion. For instance, my defenders allways hoof the ball away as soon as the can and my midfielders wait too long before they play the ball. Can anyone help me out with this one. For once I would like to see my defender not panicking but just looking for the correct solution. Thanks!

Originally posted by Tio Toi:

Polat, reading your post I imagine you must be a tactical mastermind. I have one question for you. I'm not trying toi use your tactic I want to create my own tactic. I have managed to setup my defense correct, not conceeding to much goals. The problem is keep ing possesion. For instance, my defenders allways hoof the ball away as soon as the can and my midfielders wait too long before they play the ball. Can anyone help me out with this one.

For once I would like to see my defender not panicking but just looking for the correct solution. Thanks!

What are he's Player Instructions? How close is the midfield mentality wise to your defender?

I have My Defenders Set Up Like So:-

Mentality - 4

CF - 1

PS - Short 4(Team Setting)

CD - 3

Tack - Norm

FR - Rar

RWB - Rar

LS - Rar

TTB - Rar

CB - Rar

Cross From - Deep

These are the settings for my Centrebacks and there getting in over 40 passes a game (at least).

Hope this helps it also helps having a MC with a mentality near the defenders mentality within (4-5 notches i find) as it gives them a passing option, also they need a decent passing level aswell , as this obviously helps.

Originally posted by Wes_Coulam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tio Toi:

Polat, reading your post I imagine you must be a tactical mastermind. I have one question for you. I'm not trying toi use your tactic I want to create my own tactic. I have managed to setup my defense correct, not conceeding to much goals. The problem is keep ing possesion. For instance, my defenders allways hoof the ball away as soon as the can and my midfielders wait too long before they play the ball. Can anyone help me out with this one.

For once I would like to see my defender not panicking but just looking for the correct solution. Thanks!

What are he's Player Instructions? How close is the midfield mentality wise to your defender?

I have My Defenders Set Up Like So:-

Mentality - 4

CF - 1

PS - Short 4(Team Setting)

CD - 3

Tack - Norm

FR - Rar

RWB - Rar

LS - Rar

TTB - Rar

CB - Rar

Cross From - Deep

These are the settings for my Centrebacks and there getting in over 40 passes a game (at least).

Hope this helps it also helps having a MC with a mentality near the defenders mentality within (4-5 notches i find) as it gives them a passing option, also they need a decent passing level aswell , as this obviously helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mentality,Creative Freedom and Passing Style (mixed) on my Defenders is higher than wath you have. But Still they just kick it away. Ho do you setup your Full Backs?

Tio Toi

With your defence, you have hit the nail on the head in your last post.

Mentality is how attacking you are. If it is higher, the players are going to push the ball forward rather than side ways.

Creative freedom can also be seen as a command to "ignore my instructions and do what you think is best". So if you want your defence to do exactly what you say, keep it low.

Passing Style, this is to do with how long a pass they go for, it is obviously pointless setting it to "short" if you have no one to come get the ball off them.

Have a look at the mentality setting of your players near to the defenders on the pitch. If there is a big difference between mentalities, then gaps will open in your midfield.

Have you read the tactical bible? I learnt most of what I know from that thread.

Right, well after extensive "research" it seems to me that the best way to increase you number of shots on target with the 4-4-2 formation is to keep it the same and buy some strikers who can actually see the goal! i did notice a slight difference when i increased the attack mentality of the left sided CM and brought the overally team tempo down a little, but that leaked more goals so i deceided it was not worth it! again Polat, what a tactic, i thank you - SI should that you - but my girlfriend hates you!!!

Originally posted by nedlack:

Right, well after extensive "research" it seems to me that the best way to increase you number of shots on target with the 4-4-2 formation is to keep it the same and buy some strikers who can actually see the goal! i did notice a slight difference when i increased the attack mentality of the left sided CM and brought the overally team tempo down a little, but that leaked more goals so i deceided it was not worth it! again Polat, what a tactic, i thank you - SI should that you - but my girlfriend hates you!!!

If you have a good AML/FC or AMR/FC, have a go at reducing his crossing of the ball and increasing his running with the ball. I have a regen who excels at this, he gets more than his fair share of goals, most of them because he is on the end of the cross from my other wing.

Also, have a pop at reducing the attacking mentality of the right midfield and both your strikers, I know that sounds counter to what you are hoping for, but linking that with a slower build up will see you get more shots on target.

Slow tempo works well if the opposition want to sit back and not press you,

Archived