Comprehensive Guide To The Ligue 1 Orange

jonahno6

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

Did you lose agains Lyon?

And sign Menez from Monaco when they get relegated mate? Also have a look at Zola!

Beat them actually. Still got to play them for the 2nd time. But they have a much easier run in than me.

And don't worry, I'm currently unsettling Menez, I will look at Zola now.

Originally posted by purefun:

Do you have money left?

Around 900k, should get around £10m in the summer, and should be able to raise it by £5m by selling deadwood.

Also have Jimenez joining for £3.2m in the summer, forgot I planned to sign him

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Do you have money left?

Around 900k, should get around £10m in the summer, and should be able to raise it by £5m by selling deadwood.

Also have Jimenez joining for £3.2m in the summer, forgot I planned to sign him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh very nice signing with him you'll be champion!!!

I've recently been playing in France as PSG. After a frustratingly inconsistent first season (finished 6th, just made the Inter-Toto), the team is finally starting to gel a few months into the second season after a dodgy start. We're playing some lovely stuff, easily beating most teams and climbing up the league. Currently in 4th, but with a game in hand on everyone else.

The squad:

parissaintgermainpsgtacjh1.th.png

Riquelme and Cabanas have been excellent in attack, linking up superbly. We've looked a bit shakey at the back, Bellaid in particular, so have got Vidal coming in for £4.5m in January. Otherwise looking for a new RB, AMR and long term Riquelme replacement (now that will be difficult to find), but for now the team is fine.

Cheers for replies.

Jimenez went to Lazio I think, so it will be difficult to persuade him to come to play in France, but he would be the ideal replacement.

Gouffran has already moved as well and his value is pretty high, but Bocaly is a great shout, he's turned out excellent on my other games. Never heard of Pjanic, will look him up.

End Of Season Update

A superb season, qualifing for the CL and really pushing Lyon close.

League

Table

As you can see, only 4 points away from Lyon. Should really challenge next season.

French Cup

Knocked by some rubbish team in the National leagues on penalties icon_frown.gif

Awards

Top Goalscorer

1st. Mame Biram Diouf - 26 goals

Player's Player Of The Year

3rd. Thiago Neves

Most Promising Player Of The Year

2nd. Thiago Neves

Ligue 1 Orange XI Of The Year

Sylva, Neves and Chygrynskyi all included

Goalkeeper Of The Year

1st - Tony Sylva

Manager Of The Year

3rd - Me

Star's Team Of The

Sylva, Chygrynskyi, Diouf, Neves and Bastos.

Squad

1. Tony Sylva

16. Gregory Malicki

3. Marvin Angulo

4. Dmytro Chygrynskyi

14. Franck Beria

19. Peter Franquart

20. Gregory Tafforeau

23. Adil Rami

25. Nicolas Plestan

2. Mathieu Debuchy

5. Ever Banega

13. Jeremy Mathieu

17. Jean II Makoun

24. Rio Mavuba

29. Stephane Dumont

6. Pierre-Alan Frau

8. Michel Bastos

11. Thiago Neves

27. Kevin Mirallas

10. Mame Biram Diouf

28. Alberto Bueno

Transfers

Arranged Transfers In

Luis Jimenez - 3.2m

Distel Zola - 350k

Ever Banega, Rio Mavuba and Alberto Bueno are all on loan this season so won't be here next. So I will promote Berzenga into the squad. And I will be looking for a new striker to either rotate with Diouf or replace him, B.Gomis is who I want to sign from Saint-Eteinne. Will look for another centre back to, aswell as another right back. Also a back up keeper is needed.

Can I have some opinions on a few potential deals?

1. Kevin Mirallas - Free

Will probably go for this, as it's a free so I can always sell him on for profit if he doesn't do the business. Will mainly be used at AMR, stats look good for a 21 year old, anyone had experience with him?

2. Gael Etock - £3.4m

Wouldn't usually spend that much on a 17 year old, but my scout regards him as a definite purchase and says he has the potential to be much better than Salvador Cabanas. Key stats look very strong, how good does he turn out with training + match experience?

3. Distel Zola - £2.5m + 15%

This is probably the one I'm least likely to go through with. He's turned out awesome on some of my games, and average on others. Already have Sankhare and Digard in the CM spots and I can see them there for years to come, so not convinced there's a real need for him.

All advice appreciated. For those who don't know, I'm PSG, half-way through the second season and with about £7m to spend.

Voice of reason

Mirallas a big yes for me but thats because i'm from Belgium. Is much better irl though.

Etock never had him but show us a screenie mate!!

Zola becomes good mate but you need to buy him now otherwise let him go. Its always handy for injuries to have someone extra or maybe rotation.

In the end I signed Etock and Zola, but Mirallas rejected me and a load of other French teams for Anderlecht icon_frown.gif

purefun, this is Etock at the moment. Excellent finisher and good in the air, so would fit in my tactic as a lone forward perfectly. Trying to bring him on for the last 20 mins of games we're winning comfortably just to give him some match experience.

ive just started a game with PSG, ive signed Jimenez but hes not coming until start of 2nd season, this is leaving me with £2.4M left for transfers. im on the 8.0.2 patch and want to build up a young squad.

so,anyone have ideas?

Transfers In:

Luis Jimenez - £3.2m

Distel Zola - £350k

Bafetimbi Gomis - £7.5m

Leo Schwecklen - £110k

Habib Bellaid - £6m

Total - £17.25m

Transfers Out:

Loads of people out on frees, but these are the money deals.

Souleymane Youla - £2.2m

Ludovic Obraniak - £1.4m

Kevin Mirralas - £3.1m

Franck Beria - £1.4m

Total - £8.1m

Formation - Starting Line-Up

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Sylva

Angulo Chygrynskyi Bellaid Tafforeau

Makoun Cabaye

Mathieu

<----Jimenez Neves---->

Gomis </pre>

Fixtures

V Lyon, A, 2-1 (Gomis, Frau)

V Lorient, H, 1-0 (Gomis)

V Sochaux, A, 5-0 (Gomis 3, Chygrynskyi, Diouf)

V Le Mans, H, 2-1 (Dumont, Diouf)

V Nantes, A, 1-2 (Neves)

V Bordeaux, H, 2-1 (Gomis, Chygrynskyi)

V Amiens, A, 1-1 (Gomis)

V Nice, H, 1-0 (Chygrynskyi)

Currently 1st in the league and 2 points clear. Superb icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Voice of Reason:

Abdou Razack Traore.

How good does he get? Do you have a S.S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here he is half way through the second season. Value has risen from £900k to £4.7m and is an integral part of my side on the left wing. Valencia are interested, and I've already dismissed an enquiry from Lyon.

Might as well post a screenshot of the table while I'm here.

Table

Going for a Champions League spot to bring in extra funds, and hopefully we can pip Toulouse to 2nd. Lyon look to have sealed 1st place, so a title challenge will have to wait until next year.

Just got knocked out of the French Cup on penalties to Rennes after coming back from 2-0 down at HT. And Riquelme is out for a month icon_frown.gif

After reading this thread i have decided to have a crack at the french league with Lille. As mentioned before in this thread they have a tremendous transfer budget and breaking Lyon's dominance has to be the aim. First thing i did was get Makoun signed up on a new contract so the release fee went. He accepted the offer and is now tied down till 2012. As for transfers, i did quite a bit of wheeling and dealing in the window and this is what i did:

In

Sylvain Monsoreau 5.25m

Jeremie Brechet 4m

Per Ciljan Skjelbred 1.5m

Pablo Piatti 250k

Rene Mihelic 500k

Diego Buonanotte 100k

Andrey Arshavin 7.25m

Out

Pierre Alain Frau

Marco Maric

Michel Bastos

Aurelien Chedjou

Henri Ewane Elong

Kevin Mirallas

Matheiu Debuchy

Emerson- loaned out

Mavuba- Loan terminated

I play with ricrpor's tactic and this is my current starting 11:

GK Sylva

RB Beria

LB Tafforeau

CB Monsoreau

CB Brechet

MD Skjelbred

MD Makoun

MD Piatti

AM Arshavin

ST Fauvergue

ST Youla

Subs from: Malicki, Lichsteiner, Plestan, Franquart, Dumont, Cabaye, Buonanotte, Obraniak, Kluivert

League has started very well. On paper it was a tough opening few games for me but i have won 3 and drawn 1. The results are Le Mans 2-2 (A), PSG 2-0 (H), Marseille 5-1 (A), Bordeaux 4-1 (H). Those results have put me top after 4 games 3 points clear of Lyon. After a reserve left back now and a good all round striker. 12 million left to spend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for those 2 names voice of reason. Will be keeping tabs on Mathieu in the next window however Cabanas joined Rangers. I decided to sign Wanderley, who i think could be one for the future so i have him and Kluivert as backup now.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Voice of Reason:

Abdou Razack Traore.

How good does he get? Do you have a S.S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here he is half way through the second season. Value has risen from £900k to £4.7m and is an integral part of my side on the left wing. Valencia are interested, and I've already dismissed an enquiry from Lyon.

Might as well post a screenshot of the table while I'm here.

Table

Going for a Champions League spot to bring in extra funds, and hopefully we can pip Toulouse to 2nd. Lyon look to have sealed 1st place, so a title challenge will have to wait until next year.

Just got knocked out of the French Cup on penalties to Rennes after coming back from 2-0 down at HT. And Riquelme is out for a month icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Traore becomes great, in a long term save game I signed him for Inter around 2013 and he was world class. Sankhere can be retrained well for the left back position.

Already posted this in the PSG thread, but thought I'd post it here as well:

Just finished the second season, and everything went to pot at the end thanks to three defeats to Nice (or should that be Hugo Lloris). First, they knocked us out of the UEFA Cup semi-finals, then beat us in the league to consign us to fourth place and missing out on the CL spots which we've held pretty much all year. Frustrating as hell, but what can you do icon_frown.gif

Nothing particularly exciting in terms of transfers so far; brought in Degre, Bocaly, Farnerud, Granero on loan and re-signed Chantome from Boro. Sold Bellaid to Sevilla for £13m, so have some funds to play with. Was going to go for Inler Gokhan, but Villa have suddenly decided they want to keep him.

It should also be mentioned that almost every club in Ligue 1 will increase your transfer budget if you ask the board.

Having just started a game in this league I have to say I'm impressed with the general quality of the players. Much better than the Serie A, which is a little suprising as well as maybe a little unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found Paris SG one of the best teams to play (heh, it is after all one of my favorite teams) You really don't need to find players for the left side, Arnuld (sp...he is the main choice for captain)) is terrific as a DL, he mighty be 27, but still, so many teams try to buy him.

I find you do need a GK for the 2nd season and beyond, mostly to start or train, depends on how many teams want, the current GK, can never spell French names, Also a young Striker or a proven striker, I found that Boca Forward (the 25 year old, roberto placio sp) is a great choice, also a DR, that was my main problem finding a great DR, but some one suggested Marvin Angulo, he turned out great, also that RB from Shatkar, Iliso (sp) but they always want a lot for him, he is world class through in the French league.

• 3 weeks later...

Started the 2009-2010 season with St. Etienne, after losing my job at Getafe, and have found it as one of the most enjoyable campaigns for a long time.

Currently top of the league and doing well in the cup with Benoit Costil, (Janot was conceding some soft goals at the start of the season) Nordveidt and Abenzoir (both on loan) the only additions to the 1st team.

Current stars of the team are Loic Perrin, Gomis (Top scorer in Ligue 1), Escudero and Nordveidt, though I'm having to fend off interest from bigger clubs for the 1st three - anyone have any suggestions?

I'll post some screenshots when I get home for your feedback.

alcantara - Totally agree about St Etienne. You inherit a decent squad but there are a few gems. The average gates are about 25,000/30,000. They're debt free, and you can easily go for Europe 1st year and league in the 2nd.

Well done jonahno6, good guide :thup:

Archived