[FM11] An American Manager in Europe?

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at your best players, and see where they fit... I'm doing a modified 4-3-3

4 Defenders.... 3 central midfielders.... 2 left/right AM wingers and 1 striker

Croatia in my save are the current European Champions and got 3rd place at the World Cup that just finished.

Qualifying for the European Championships is going to be cake...

European Championship Qualifying Round

World Ranking of my opponents...

Austria 16th

Belarus 64th

Montenegro 77th

Liechtenstein 173rd

With Iceland I learned the hard way with all the crappy players that really have to play so you can use your best players, I'm still tinkering to find the best, I have another friendly, but with my qualifying group I doubt anyone can touch me regardless of formation... whereas with Iceland formation didn't matter I still lost or tied Faroe Islands lmao

Afturelding 2026 End Year Results.... Premier League

Champions League Group Phase

3 Ties 3 wins in our group

Group Table

Up next in Champions League... Dynamo Kviv

Champions League odds 33-1

Finances Finances are good as we only fill up 85% of the stadium during Premier League games so we have had no money taken out for that for the first time in years. If I wanted too I could pay top salary of 65k/week we're paying right now 14,750 to the top players. I have upped it too 17,500 to Messaoudi in our new contract talks, we'll see if we need to tinker that higher.

Icelandic Premier Division 1 tie, last game of the season too with our second string thanks to Champions League... otherwise complete domination

Icelandic Cup Domination....

Icelandic Champions Cup Won again!

Upper League Cup International Friendlies weakened our team and we lost in Penalties in the Semi Finals

The Squad they're strong and jelled pretty good.

The Transfers mostly got rid of 21 year olds who will never play for the first team, and sold off a few whiners, and brought in a few more support players... currently unless a wonderful bargain comes to light I can see us not doing too much on the xfer market.

the Key Players

Edinho Our Goalkeeper is basically regarded as the #3 Brazilian Keeper. His stats rock and we love him. He played 49 times, conceded 24 goals, and had 30 clean sheets.

Milenko Paunovic Our best midfielder, the Serbian rocks, 38 matches, 8 goals 22 passes for the team.

Slaven Juric The Croatian Forward is truely our #2 Striker. In 35 matches he had 18 assists and 27 goals.

Adil Messaoudi The man, the myth, the ICONIC Striker.... Words can't explain his greatness as our Team Captain. In 34 matches he scored 41 goals, and 8 assists. I'm very hopeful since his agent accepted our first offer of 17,500/week salary that he'll resign a new 5 year contract.

Icelandic Footballer of the Year

Icelandic League Golden Boot winner

Preseason Cup...

Croatian Coach

I took over the Croatian National Team after they got 3rd place at the world cup, they are the current European Champions too. Ranked number 3 in the world.

The 2026 Croatian Schedule I have been coach since the South African Game

Group I, European Championship Qualifying Group I can't see us doing anything other than dominating our competition, I could of gotten 2nd in this group if Croatia was Iceland but alas, Iceland has it tough.

question for you, im playing rapid bucharest in the 3rd round of qualifying for the cl and i was wondering whether you have found it better to go in defensive mode or play your usual game against european opponents before your team was the toast of europe? i beat chernomorets quite convincingly with my tactic but rapid are slightly better and i dont want to go out ;)

The first few seasons I was playing very defensive, since then I have played much more offensive (slightly less offensive than the league) and it seems to work slightly better. The best thing for me is to try and keep as much possession, possession football seems to work in Europe

Part 2 of Update...

Was a tough Group Stage

Got Bayern Munich in the Knockout Phase again

Icelandic Premier League still can't get a perfect season, always injuries and backup squad not doing what I expect :(

Top 3 young Icelandic players of the year are MINE!!!!

6 players in team of the year

Quarterfinall exit... no excuses we sucked

Icelandic Champions Cup Came down to penalties too close to loosing it.

Icelandic Cup We win it again

The Squad No contract renewals this year, next year we have about 1/2 the team nearing the end of their contracts, we'll probably loose some...

The Transfers We brought in a few players, sold those that whined and weren't needed.

Key Players

Edinho MY best ever player, he has the best stats of anyone, he wants to go a bigger club hopefully within the next year he calms down and signs a new contract. In 41 matches he got 26 clean sheets, and conceded 23 goals.

Messaoudi Our best ever striker, but he had a bit of an off year. With injuries he managed 36 matches, in which he scored 27 goals and 8 assists

Messaoudi win Icelandic League Footballer of the Year

Messaoudi wins Icelandic Golden Boot Award

Milenko Paunovic Our best midfielder played in 29 matches thanks to injury, scored 5 goals and had 19 assists.

Rodrigo 2nd best striker, and our striker of the future only got to play in 23 matches thanks to injuries but scored 19 goals and had 5 assists.

Franco Gallani Our midfielder of the future, this season he played in 26 matches and scored 4 and assisted 7 but he's a marking machine, and great at messing up counter attacks which is all too often ignored :)

i just watched iceland play cyprus irl and i was disgusted. so i have decided to cheat :-O , cuz i cant wait for iceland to fire the idiot of a manager, and install myself as the manager now. i know its not the best thing to do, but i cant watch this happening anymore without taking action... ;)

Afturelding 2028, the Year in Review.. Icelandic Premier Division

Top Sponsorship in Iceland. took long enough and isn't enough for anything... lol

World Cup Qualifying Groups My team Croatia has it made, I am going to qualify easily... Iceland.... is screwed.

Croatia's unbeaten Streak 24 games unbeaten, great defensive team

The Route to the Champions League TITLE!!!! Yes we won and killed Manchester United to win in the final... yet ANOTHER reason why I wouldn't go there lol...

Champions League Final as usual Manchester United looked the better team BUT all that matters is the score!

Part 2 of the Update coming up

Part 3

Manager of the Year about time I won it again.

Upgrading Facilities

Upper League Cup won it in the end, backup team failed in a match in the first round...

Champions League Results I think my best ever results :)

Icelandic Champions Cup Dominant Win

Icelandic Cup Took the title again...

European Supercup won a close match with Valencia

World Club Cup Won on Penalties vs. Corinthians

Icelandic Premier League Dominated the League

8/11 players in the Icelandic Premier league team of the Year

We're rich! $40 million in the bank!

Next uodate forthcoming!

The Squad Strong, have 13 contracts expiring at the end of the season... well 12, 1 guy is retiring, 2 guys weren't even good enough for backup and 2 others wanted pay they're not worthy of... the rest are being renewed for a bit more money but I'm satisfied.

The transfers Brought some more guys in mostly as fill in and backups, a few are good unfortunately they play for their national teams lol. I told the players wait to the end of the season they'll get sold, some don't want too we'll see what happens, I am not looking for any particular players, and don't want to lose money to dividends but I could slowly use a new stadium as I'm selling this one out at a 95% level at this point... Hopefully I can find some new studs.

Archived