[FM11] An American Manager in Europe?

JerseyShoreDave

The Key Players

Edinho The $25 million dollar commanding Goalkeeper is the #1 choice for Brazil now. In 50 games he gave up 24 goals and had 35 clean sheets... After winning the Champions League he signed a new contract before whining again to move to a larger club 3 months later... here is his contract... Edinho's Contract

Adil Messaoudi In 38 matches he scored 35 goals with 18 assists. We have been his favorite club for years and I see him playing till retirement easily, he loves the club and we love him and I hope he's as good of a coach as he his a player one day :)

Messaoudi wins Golden boot in Icelandic Premier League

Messaoudi Wins Footballer of the Year in the Icelandic Premier League

Franco Gallani Spent 14 million on him, he's worth 4.9 million.... its tough to keep an Icelandic Player being worth over 5 million... lol Besides that he played in 46 matches, scored 8 and had 22 assists.

Gallani named best Player at World Club Cup

Rodrigo had a great season, he played in 29 games, had 24 goals and 9 assists.

Slaven Juric Our Croatian Striker played in 28 matches, scored 13 goals and had 13 assists

Morais Morais played in 21 matches scored 13 and had 8 assists

Dodo Our polish striker played in 22 matches, scored 12 goals with 11 assists

Milenko Paunovic In 40 matches he scored 11 and had 24 assists

Jorge Roman In 37 matches he scored 10 goals, and had 12 assists.

Cheick Toure Retires The 36 year old who was once one of our best players is retiring, he came back for the last 2 seasons but at the end of the day wasn't good enough to play just a 2 bit role on the team. Unfortunately he isn't good enough for a position on the staff but we do wish him well in his future endeavors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afturelding - Icelandic Premier League - 2029 - The Results

Friendly Cup Results

Champions League Group Phase 2029

Champions League Fixtures 2029 We lost in the first knockout phase due to the away goal rule to Real Madrid due to injuries to key players... We didn't lose a match in the new Group Phase... and our next opponent in the knockout Phase is Bayer Leverkusen

Upper League Cup Won it again!

Icelandic Champions Cup Beat IBV 1-0 in extra time... not our best performance...

Icelandic Cup We won it again, but was a little too close in the final, winning in Extra Time

Icelandic Premier League 20 wins, 2 ties, 0 losses... 2 ties came during international matches were taking place

Update 3 coming!

Afturelding - Icelandic Premier League - 2029

8 in Team of the Year

The Finances 17 million was available due to transfers and I could find players really worthy to spend on.

The Transfers A lot of fringe players complained and a couple got off on loans... Wigan took Gallani on loan for 700k and can pay $13 million more to take him which I hope they do. I bought a few good players including Gallani's replacement Martin Kiefer and the longest name in world football.... Ronan Carolino Silva da Cruz Barreto

The Roster 2 people retiring, unless something awesome comes forth I can't really see myself buying too many players....

Adill Messaoudi My Legendary 32 yr old Moroccan Striker had a broken foot to start the year... ended up with 25 appearances with 22 goals, and 5 assists.

Messaoudi wins Icelandic Premier League Golden Boot

Messaoudi wins Icelandic Premier League Player of the Year

Rodrigo Our Brazilian Striker played 25 matches, scored 16 with 5 assists

Slaven Juric The Croatian International striker played in 29 matches, scored 14 with 12 assists... he was the assist leader

Dodo The Polish captain from brazil played in 23 matches, scored 13 with 6 assists

Niklas Reith Is our top defender, played in 40 matches, scored 10 and had 3 assists with 6 man of the match honors

• 1 month later...

2030 - National Teams

We had the World cup in which I had 4 players in it Lost 4 players to World cup

Brazil tied a natch 2-2 against Mexico in the last match of round one... Brazil sought a manager, I applied....

Brazil Wants me

So I became the head of the brazilian team from former Coach Alex... They ran a 5-4-1 and well had only 3 strikers. I set them up for the superior 4-3-3 and went on with the competition.

We barely beat greece 1-0... we beat Tunisia 4-2 who to their credit knocked England out in Penalty kicks...

Then we play Morocco where Afturelding's Legendary Striker Messaoudi scored a goal against my Favorite Goalkeeper Edinho.... but Brazil made it to the final in a 3-1 win...

Croatia beat Spain In Penalty Kicks to get the honor to play us in the final. Aftureldings former strike Slaven Juric had just left so we really want to make sure he was a Loser... and We won the World Cup beating the slime 3-0. Spain destroyed Morocco 7-0 for third place.

World Cup Results

The greatest Manager of all time.

Brazil worships me... where's my Statue????

Russia wants me to coach them... can you blame them????

My record as Brazilian coach started with Greece at the world cup. We only lost 1 match which was to England due over 1/2 my chosen team being relegated to ONLY playing 45 minutes...

Part 2 of the update Featuring the world's greatest team Afturelding is up next.

Afturelding... 2030 Results! Icelandic Premier League

We won the League again big surprise. We lost 1 match due to international commitments of first string players.

Upper League Cup Results We won the Cup again.

Icelandic Cup Results We won every match and won again.

Icelandic Champions cup IBV took us to Penalty Kicks and we beat them there 3-0.

Champions League 2nd 1/2 We beat Leverkusen 5-5 on away goals... we did get lucky. We beat PSV 4-3 to make the Semifinals where we beat Arsenal 4-4 on away goals before beating Olympic Lyon 2-0 to Win the Champions League for the 3rd time.

European Super Cup We dominated Bayern Munich 3-0 to win the title.

We won the world Club Cup Easy win over the Egyptians, we barely beat Corinthians 1-0 to win the title.

Champions League Groups

We were placed into group F with Porto, Villareal, and Nottingham Forest. You'll see in the results how we barely really qualified... we face AC Milan in the first Knockout phase. Notice in Group C our nemesis IBV from Iceland made it to the group phase too. Icelandic Football is among the best.

The results of our Champions League campaign for the year 2030

In Part 4, Finances, Transfer and the Squad!

Afturelding Finances - Transfers - Squad

Finances We're rich

Transfers We brought in mostly backup players for when its needed. Got a few promising youngsters as well. We were able to sell Galliani for 12 million to Swindon in the EPL and our long time player Slaven Juric went to Wolves in the EPL for 8 million. Otherwise we let go mostly either disgruntled players who wouldn't renew, worthless youngsters, and 1 retired player we'll mention in a bit.

The Squad as one can see not much changed. We trimmed down our primary team, moving the others to the reserves. Our top worth player is still Edinho at 25 million. We're going to highlight the players to watch and the players most responsible for our nearly perfect season.

Alexey Titov retires 37 year old defender, won 2 European Champions League title as well as Russia's European Championship win in 2020. He's on the best defender's I've seen and unfortunately isn't going into coaching. We wish him the best.

Niklas Reith Our remaining uber defender. 44 matches, scored 8 goals with assists and 6 MOM performances. He's in his prime and the fans love him so much... Fans Player of the Year For the last decade Adil had that honor... times are changing and Messaoudi is 33 now.... can Niklas impress the fans again?

Milenko Paunovic Our best Midfielder, played in 44 matches, 6 goals, 4 MOM, AND 21 assists. He's 30 years old, and been playing for a decade with us, he has a few more years. He was also named Player of the year Paunovic is the Player of the Year

Jonas Albrechtsen He's cheap, wanted by 3 clubs... he's a good player for the Icelandic league... Maybe I'm not seeing something but... Danish U19 Player of the Year is a little too much IMHO... Denmark is in trouble if this is REALLY the best they have :/

Adil Messaoudi Our greatest player ever is now 33 years old, but still our top scorer due to Injury. He signed a new 5 year contract he'll probably not be able to fulfill but we have him to the end of his career. He played 37 matches, scored 32 goals, 5 Penalties, 10 assists and led in MOM honors with 7. It should be noted he led his national team of Morocco to 4th place in the world cup, and scored the only goal against my Brazilian squad. He played 15 matches for Morocco scoring 13 times.

Jorge Roman He's 31, a Paraguayian legend. One of our starting midfields, played 41 matches, scored 4, 11 assists and 1 MoM.

Martin Kiefer our 31 year old german midfielder. He's played in 39 matches, 8 goals, 19 assists and 4 MoM. Another player near the end of their career.

Edinho Our greatest Goalkeeper is 27 years old, worth 25 million. Our highest Paid player might end up leaving, I'm not sure if we can resign him or not. But we'll do so any almost ANY cost. He won the World Cup with me as coach. In 44 appearances for the club he conceded 32 goals and had 26 clean sheets. With 1 MOM.

Rodrigo I wonder why this Brazilian was never good enough for the National Team. After managing them, they just have the best strikers in the world. Rodrigo is now an Icelandc citizen and has played 7 matches scoring 5 times. He might be able to get Iceland into the European Championships or the World Cup. At 27 he still has time to play. This season he played in 29 matches, scoring 23 times, scoring 4 penalties with 11 assists and 3 MOM. Our second scoring star.

Christian Sosa He's our replacement for Juric. 22 year old Argentina cost us 6 million. In the 15 matches he played in he scored 7 and had 2 MOM. I'm hoping he's the player of the future.

Santiago Martin Mpondo is our 22 year old from Africa. We had him on his first contract for under 2k a week. Now he's at 4,000 a week. Way too cheap but he's a great prospect, still improving. Might just be a bright future. He played in 29 matches, scoring twice with 4 assists.

Pavol Horny Not the greatest midfielder but has one of the best names lol. 8k a week is a little expensive for the novelty. He played in 10 matches and actually scored a goal!

Overall at least in the first part of the season I won't be buying players. Once the whining begins we'll see what happens

Archived