Are clear cuts chances on FM realistic compared to real life?

Are clear cuts chances on FM realistic compared to real life?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are clear cuts chances on FM realistic compared to real life?

I have been thinking of an example of a CCC to put two ways of thinking on it and the best one I can think of is (if anyone remembers) was Paul Gascoigne in Euro 96 against Germany in the Semi Final. The one in extra time when Shearer crosses and Gazza just doesn't quite get there. When you see it you firstly think "how on earth didn't he score?" However at a later date Gazza said that he at the time thought that the keeper was going to get a hand on the cross so he just held back a bit and the fact that the keeper missed it meant that Gascoigne was just a shade out of reaching it. Now Alan Shearer with a strikers mentality may just have kept going as a striker tends to do and so if it had been Gascoigne crossing and Shearer in the middle it may well have been a tap in. So basically was that chance a Clear Cut Chance? For a player like Shearer quite possibly but for Gascoigne whereas he could finish that sort of area wasn't natural for him maybe it wasnt quite as clear cut as we think.

So what I am saying is how are CCC's assessed because what is classed as an easy chance for one type of player isn't so clear cut for another.

I still haven't seen a goal from situation like this:

striker dribbled through defense running up towards goal, one on one with the goalkeeper and shoots...

99.9999999%, either the keeper miraculously saves it or the ball flies to either side of the net

even players like Lukaku haven't scored in situations like this, despite his 19 for composure, 15 for long shots, and 14 for finishing!!! (possible all the time???)

let me repeat... I haven't seen a goal scored like this!!! :mad:

his finsihing is 14 thats as good as say amebios in reallife so he won't finish much off.

I still haven't seen a goal from situation like this:

striker dribbled through defense running up towards goal, one on one with the goalkeeper and shoots...

99.9999999%, either the keeper miraculously saves it or the ball flies to either side of the net

even players like Lukaku haven't scored in situations like this, despite his 19 for composure, 15 for long shots, and 14 for finishing!!! (possible all the time???)

let me repeat... I haven't seen a goal scored like this!!! :mad:

[video=youtube;Z7DCr1IL4rA]

Another one.

Happy New Year!

Archived