The Real Arsenal (SI version)

Most wanted CPU tactic  

384 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted CPU tactic

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CapEm, thanks for the time and effort you put into ripping these tactics. I was testing another tactic on my 3rd season Torino save, where I was predicted a top half finish. At Christmas I was one place off the relegation zone. I switched to the Arsenal tactic and it turned my season around. I went on a great run of results.

http://img3.imageshack.us/f/torinoresults.png/

The game before I switched to this tactic was against Grossetto who I was expected to beat comfortably but lost 1-0. You can see the results I got from the Ascoli match onwards - notice the results against Napoli (who won the league), Udinese, Fiorentina, Roma and a 4-0 win against Inter! I ended up finishing in 8th position, ahead of Roma and Sampdoria. (It says 19th in the screenshot because I am now in pre-season for the season after and alphabetically Torino is 19th).

I'm now going to try and use your guide to rip the Napoli tactic, a 3-4-1-2 which has proven very successful for the AI. I've never been able to make a decent tactic with 3 at the back so thanks once again.

Edit: I forgot it has to be a pre-patched game unfortunately! If anyone could help with Napoli tactics it would be much appreciated.

is it just a case of trying to guess what team instructions the opposition uses or is there a way to get these too?

no by the sounds of it is the actual team instructions the AI uses i am trying the Barcelona one and it is fantastic

JJ919 - i have created the napoli formation from my game if you are interested, the only thing i wasnt able to do was the team instructions :-S

MartinPetrov it would be brilliant if you could post a download link for me and others to try. With some discussion I'm sure we could come up with with good team instructions to make a top class tactic if it gets anywhere near as successful as it was for the AI.

Ok here goes

http://www.filefront.com/17739950/Actual Napoli (Hoffenheim, Jan 2012).tac

One thing that i did notice that was strange was a lot of the player instructions were or either default or mixed. Not sure if i got it right?

Let me know what you think.

Do you have Seria A on full detail in the preferences ? It makes a huge difference to supposed tactical instructions

if i am to use the no tweak utd tactic as my base - then use the scouts reports to tweak the base tactic - ex - scout says - team struggles against high dline. What about the individual player settings - no player has anything checked - can you just play using shouts- or are we setting the individual players settings also?

Abramovic - Pretty sure i do, will have to double check tho and thanks for the tip

hi martin i dont know where capem has got to but i am fascinated with how the AI plays a Brazilian 4,2,2,2 formation i was wondering if you could do one, i have no idea how you and him are doing this but it is remarkable

Anyone??? i downloaded the manu tac from above and noticed that the team setting were set and none of the player settings were checked. Am i to assume you play the tactic as is using shouts- or are we setting the individual players settings also? I am also to assume that this is the base and we use the scouts report to adjust dline etc?

Anyone??? i downloaded the manu tac from above and noticed that the team setting were set and none of the player settings were checked. Am i to assume you play the tactic as is using shouts- or are we setting the individual players settings also? I am also to assume that this is the base and we use the scouts report to adjust dline etc?

There supposed to be plug in and play tactics but im not entirely sure of the settings. Not that im underestimating CapEms research but Real Madrid play a little bit different then what he has on my version.

Ive also noticed that in 1 striker formations the AI often switches its wingers, from inside forwards to wingers to a mix of the both depending on the opposition. What things are used to determine this i wouldnt know, but pitch size comes to mind. In a long wide pitch youd want to strech play and have wingers stretching the defense by hugging the touch line

Abramovic: Thanks for the response. I am not sure if they were supposed to be plug and play which is why i asked. I thought perhaps depending on the situation you might need to adjust the starting strategy, dline, width then play with shouts throughout the game?

Abramovic: Thanks for the response. I am not sure if they were supposed to be plug and play which is why i asked. I thought perhaps depending on the situation you might need to adjust the starting strategy, dline, width then play with shouts throughout the game?

It really depends on how comfortable you are with the shouts themselves and overall play for each game

I used a Ancelotti rip plug in and play tactic with Southampton in the championship and promoted easily, but then again i had a very good squad.

Abramovic: did you play as plug and play only?

]It really depends on how comfortable you are with the shouts themselves and overall play for each game

I used a Ancelotti rip plug in and play tactic with Southampton in the championship and promoted easily, but then again i had a very good squad.

Hey guys,

Wow, its great to see this thread has rocketed up in the last week with all the responses. Thanks guys. I've been away, doin the holiday thing, playin some xbox, and getting back into the swing of things for a very busy period of time at work, so sorry I've been away.

I'm glad to here some of the successes that people have had with the AI tactics, and its awesome some of you have been able turn around your season. I think this comes down to some people trying to over complicate their tactics, which results in all kinds of weird formations and instructions that your players just can't seem to learn, but copying some of the most successful AI tactics, I believe really puts your team in a position to win right off the bat. You obviously have to have the talent in your squad, but if some of the most average squads could copy the tactics of Mourinho, I bet they would.

I'll touch a bit on some of the other comments made recently. I never really intended to release these as plug and play tactics. The one thing you need to remember is that these Actual tactics are what AI managers begin with, but they have most of the same shouts available to them as we do, to make necessary adjustments... so no, they aren't plug and play tactics and the proper tweaks at the right time, would probably be necessary. With that said, I stayed the course and plug and played for the first month or so and had my greatest successes. After awhile, most likely due to my own boredom and curiosity, I began making many little tweaks and shouts, and it seemed my squad started to struggle. Whatever combination it was, either complacency, too many tweaks or the AI cracking my tactic, I'm not too sure, I guess it would depend on what school of thought you believe in when it comes to dry spells and inconsistency.

As for how I've been able to do this, I'll quickly describe so anyone can attempt to do the same if they are willing to put in the time. The only thing I've changed is I downloaded the "squad management" skin by surferosa, to help better manage my squad, etc. It seems though as surferosa possibly overlooked a small bug (no slight intended), or maybe its just my game, I don't know, anyways, you have to follow these steps (basically what abramovic already stated)

In YOUR tactics screen, view each individual instruction, and make a copy of each current view

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/CapEm/Copyofcurrentview.jpg

Next, find an AI team, and go to their tactics screen. This is where the glitch comes into play as well, as you should be able to see the player instructions, if you don't, I don't think you can do this, if you can see the player instructions, click view, and select your copy of __mentality__ for example.

(NOTE: the league the team plays in, must be set to "ALL" in the detail level settings for your game. Any less and you'll get global settings for all the players, usually notch 1.)

Here's the time consuming part. I usually go to the AI team tactics and then link to my own tactics, and then hit the back and forth buttons while going through each individual instruction and selecting the correct roles until each setting matches up. Remember, the AI chooses the formation, and only changes the roles for each position and might tweak a couple "playing styles" like creative freedom and tackling.

Mentality = Philosophy and starting strategy - - this is where I start. First set the philosophy, easiest to do. Second set the starting strategy, also really easy to do. Third, tweak all of the player roles until they match up the mentalities, and then go through the rest of the tactics to match up.

couple hints: Wide play, run with ball, run from deep really help distinguish which role is the correct one if you get stuck, because some roles will have the same mentality but the rest of their instructions will not match up.

Again, I hit the "back" and "forward" buttons about a thousand times to get these all matched up.

Abramovic - Our Real Madrid tactics probably do not match, becuase Jose Mourinho is no longer manager, in fact it was Manuel Preciado's 4-2-3-1 I copied, which was an oversight on my part I guess. Mourinho is currently unemployed, but I'll be eagerly awaiting his new managerial appointment so I can copy his tactics properly. From now on I'll be releasing tactics by both Manager name and team.

Martin Oneil is also currently unemployed so I can't copy his tactics.

Brazil in my save play a 4-1-3-1-1 under felipao

Arsene Wenger has since moved on to AC Milan, and still employs the same "Actual Arsenal" tactic he used at Arsenal... which leads me to believe that a Manager will play his style, regardless of what the club's preference may be.

Thanks again for following my thread, if a Mod could rename my thread with a title maybe more appropriate, feel free to do so.

-Cap

Capem: Great thread. In regard to your comment "which leads me to believe that a Manager will play his style, regardless of what the club's preference may be." sometime ago there was a thread that also mentioned this and a test was done with Sir Alex. He was put into a lower league team to manage and his formations followed. It showed that at no matter how big or small the club he managed or the squad he had he always used the same 4-4-2 tactic and setup

Abramovic - Our Real Madrid tactics probably do not match, becuase Jose Mourinho is no longer manager, in fact it was Manuel Preciado's 4-2-3-1 I copied, which was an oversight on my part I guess. Mourinho is currently unemployed, but I'll be eagerly awaiting his new managerial appointment so I can copy his tactics properly. From now on I'll be releasing tactics by both Manager name and team.

Martin Oneil is also currently unemployed so I can't copy his tactics.

Brazil in my save play a 4-1-3-1-1 under felipao

Arsene Wenger has since moved on to AC Milan, and still employs the same "Actual Arsenal" tactic he used at Arsenal... which leads me to believe that a Manager will play his style, regardless of what the club's preference may be.

Thanks again for following my thread, if a Mod could rename my thread with a title maybe more appropriate, feel free to do so.

-Cap

Cheers CapEm. I haven't got a pre-patched game so I can't do it myself unfortunately.

Martin, if you have the time would you be able to try and do the Napoli formation again? Obviously there's no problem if you can't.

From first glance it looks like:

GK defend

DR fullback support

DL fullback support

DCs I think limited defender defend

MCr advanced playmaker support

MCl central midfielder defend

AML winger attack

AMC advanced playmaker support

AMR winger attack

ST advanced forward attack

From first glance it looks like:

GK defend

DR fullback support

DL fullback support

DCs I think limited defender defend

MCr advanced playmaker support

MCl central midfielder defend

AML winger attack

AMC advanced playmaker support

AMR winger attack

ST advanced forward attack

Close but no cigar :p whos next

Majority of roles are easy enough its the MC partnership that has me confused

I think that the 2MCs are: ball-winning midfielder (defend) + center midfield (support)

Interesting to note with Mourinho's tactic, I had everything matched up except for passing style. For whatever reason, I could not copy the tactics without adjusting the passing style for the AMR, AMC and ST. It seems Mourninho plays with almost a global setting which could not be duplicated without adjusting. Its interesting, I suppose, that AML plays as an advanced playmaker, which makes complete sense for a Ronaldo type role, but I think it's the first time I have seen the AI play with a playmaker out on the wing instead of a winger or inside forward.

I'm really interested in the Brazilian style 4.2.2.2 its a shame the Brazil team dont play it, but i would be interested in the Brazil national team tactic or the Spanish national team tactic is it possible to copy the national tactics

I assume that the better the manager, the better the tactics they use? Therefore some one should use fmrte to make a manager 20 in everything! Then let them play for a while with say, arsenal/barca, and then use this method to grab the awesome tactic they come up with ^_^ I don't have an unpatched version though >.<

Archived