Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

What a truly bizarre thing to keep a mystery! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he probably doesn't know

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.P.E.L.E.S.S.:

maybe he was around for the cliff basten era icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's my Dad then!! icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.P.E.L.E.S.S.:

maybe he was around for the cliff basten era icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Around enough to know it's Bastin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

Asmodeus - Man of Mystery. Maybe he's famous and doesn't want to give away any clues as to his real identity.

Maybe he's just a paranoid schizophrenic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he can't count?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Asmodeus - Man of Mystery. Maybe he's famous and doesn't want to give away any clues as to his real identity.

Maybe he's just a paranoid schizophrenic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he can't count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a birth certificate, nor a loving family that can testify for my age...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I think asmo is Christopher Wreh irl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he should be proud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As of 2005 Wreh has retired from football and is now concentrating on his musical career, with his band 'Soul Rebels', currently touring Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could do our next cup final song

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> West Ham boss Alan Pardew has hit out at Arsene Wenger for not fielding an English player in Arsenal's Champions League win against Real Madrid.

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain," he said.

"I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

"It's important clubs, especially top clubs, don't lose sight of the that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved."

Pardew added: "Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

It's an English club but not an English success

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor on Arsenal

"But, to some extent, we could lose the soul of British football - the English player.

"We have a young team at West Ham and we are proud we have so many Englishmen.

"The soul of this team will remain with at least three or four English players as long as I am West Ham. I think that's important, I really do."

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor said: "It's an English club but not an English success, it's probably a greater reflection of youngsters from France and elsewhere in Europe.

"It's hard to say that it speaks volumes for English football when none of the players are homegrown."

Taylor said of Arsenal's victory against Real Madrid: "It's tinged with disappointment. Arsene Wenger chooses the team and has got them through and the quality is there for all to see.

"However, it would be more enjoyable if we saw Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell as part of it.

"It's a bit odd to look for the silver lining being England's players being fresh for the World Cup."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i told you pardew is a massive c*nt ratty...

I couldn't gaf where the players are from. I couldn't gaf about "flying the flag for Britain" and I don't gaf about England in the World Cup either.

To me, they're Arsenal players wherever they are from. F*ck Pardew.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Aren't Cole & Campbell injured??? Or did he decide not to use them?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they are both injured... and Gilbert too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Aren't Cole & Campbell injured??? Or did he decide not to use them?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they are both injured... and Gilbert too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then obviously if they were fit they would have started, garbage from Pardew!

Cole and Campbell would have started certainly.

The reason we don't have English players is simply because they are overpriced. Wenger has always been canny in the market and the players we have coming into the side now were mostly picked up for next to nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As of 2005 Wreh has retired from football and is now concentrating on his musical career, with his band 'Soul Rebels', currently touring Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could do our next cup final song </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Dear Mr Pardew,

We beat Real Madrid, couldnt give a flying f*ck the nationality of the players that did it.

Thanks and kindest regards

Everyone at Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS- Where are the other clubs with English players still in the tournament?

I was thinking of 'now f*ck off you blotchy faced c*nt' as my PS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be daubed in excrement on the exterior of the envelope.

hehe reminds me of when I used to work in a postroom, they used to get big jiffy bags from all the regioal offices sent in with all the internal mail.

My mate, haha the lad I sit next to at Arsenal, went and had a shlt in this jiffi bag, then put it amongst the normal post.

Normal practice was to just shove your hand in and grab all the post out, but luckily the lad doing it smelt the shlt before his hand reached it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

who did this rehearsal hovi, you in your bedroom with some bits of paper and a large bowler hat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uefa mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

who did this rehearsal hovi, you in your bedroom with some bits of paper and a large bowler hat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeping openly in front of assesments of Lyon's squad and impending defeat...

Why the hell does it matter anyway...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Pardew is right and is the most handsome manager in the Premier League icon_biggrin.gif

The best thing about you lot beeating Madrid was realising that West Ham woudld actually beat them icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post of the day.

a) Anyone saying Arsenal, or indeed any club from this country, really "represent Britain" in the CL are complete *******. They represent themselves and their own interests.

b) The nature and beauty of club football is you can use players from all over the world.

Pardew is stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Pardew is right and is the most handsome manager in the Premier League icon_biggrin.gif

The best thing about you lot beeating Madrid was realising that West Ham woudld actually beat them icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your not wrong icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Post of the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ta icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">a) Anyone saying Arsenal, or indeed any club from this country, really "represent Britain" in the CL are complete *******. They represent themselves and their own interests.

b) The nature and beauty of club football is you can use players from all over the world.

Pardew is stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, this is post of the day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

nah, this is post of the day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which bit do you disagree with?

Archived