Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wenger just play Quincy FFS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reyes left hand side tbh. Only bruised ribs, be back in a week or so.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right I'm back from the game and still the feeling of gut wrenching anger and disgust at what went on with the second penalty still hasnt left me.

I'm f*cking embarassed to be an Arsenal fan tonight and the win to me atm is a hollow victory.

What the f*ck were Pires/Henry thinking of pulling that stunt, it was only 1-0, we were playing shlt and City were well worth a draw, so we have the chance to kill the game off and arse about like that.

It's also bloody disrespectful to the away side to take the p1ss like that, in a way I wish the disallowed goal had stood.

Victoria Concordia Crescit - victory through harmony.

Not today, f*cking classless c*nts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Right I'm back from the game and still the feeling of gut wrenching anger and disgust at what went on with the second penalty still hasnt left me.

I'm f*cking embarassed to be an Arsenal fan tonight and the win to me atm is a hollow victory.

What the f*ck were Pires/Henry thinking of pulling that stunt, it was only 1-0, we were playing shlt and City were well worth a draw, so we have the chance to kill the game off and arse about like that.

It's also bloody disrespectful to the away side to take the p1ss like that, in a way I wish the disallowed goal had stood.

Victoria Concordia Crescit - victory through harmony.

Not today, f*cking classless c*nts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree with you.

This team has so much protential but somehow they always manage to make themselves look like complete idiots.

I dont know whose idea it was but id like to hope they have learnt from this and next time just stick the ball in the back of the net like there paid to do!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As a result of the incident, Henry has declared "I will now take the penalties - all of the time", having previously passed had he been the player fouled.

And he added: "I take all the blame, it was my idea. If it had worked it would have been a brilliant idea, but it did not work.

"Robert's leg went numb, but had he touched the ball, I would have been there to bury the ball.

"I want to apologise to Arsenal fans because maybe it was not the right thing to do.

"It was not a lack of respect - maybe we should not have done it, but football is a game and it is entertainment."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his leg went numb? icon_biggrin.gif

his leg has been numb all ****ing season then going by his general form

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As a result of the incident, Henry has declared "I will now take the penalties - all of the time", having previously passed had he been the player fouled.

And he added: "I take all the blame, it was my idea. If it had worked it would have been a brilliant idea, but it did not work.

"Robert's leg went numb, but had he touched the ball, I would have been there to bury the ball.

"I want to apologise to Arsenal fans because maybe it was not the right thing to do.

"It was not a lack of respect - maybe we should not have done it, but football is a game and it is entertainment."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his leg went numb? icon_biggrin.gif

his leg has been numb all ****ing season then going by his general form </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

perhaps an iota of dignity restored, havnt seen it yet and its probably obvious whos fault it was but at least henrys come out apologised to the fans and even put his hands up and taken the responsibilty. Hopefully hes not taking the rap for pires because he will be forgiven more easily then pires would

Will Wenger do anything about Pires though? He's been awful all season and personally I'd play one of Reyes, van Persie, Hleb, Ljungberg or even Clichy or Cole ahead of him right now. It's not like we're England and struggling for players who can play on the left side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Reyes, van Persie, Hleb, Ljungberg need to get fit first before they can start </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True - but even when they have been fit, Pires has started ahead of them. I think Wenger is a bit like Eriksson and has his favourites that he'll never drop unless the crowd start booing them.

you been at the cola pops rob?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "It was Thierry's idea, because he loves football and looks to see what players can do," said Pires. "I say again that I didn't really want to do it. I'd already scored one and it was him who should have taken it as the foul was on Dennis [bergkamp]. But why not try it again next time?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you been at the cola pops rob?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "It was Thierry's idea, because he loves football and looks to see what players can do," said Pires. "I say again that I didn't really want to do it. I'd already scored one and it was him who should have taken it as the foul was on Dennis [bergkamp]. But why not try it again next time?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs your a grown man youve many caps for your country and are an experienced member of the team, how hard was it just to say no and just hit the f*cking thing at the goal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

we one the game in the end thats all that matters, i am happy to laugh it off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sure by the end of the season it will be funny and a little embarassing but at the moment its disgraceful behaviour and all though relativly small does help the cause by adding another problem/issue to the pile we already have

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

we one the game in the end thats all that matters, i am happy to laugh it off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sure by the end of the season it will be funny and a little embarassing but at the moment its disgraceful behaviour and all though relativly small doesnt help the cause by adding another problem/issue to the pile we already have </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

correction

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

btw I know Neeskens/Cruyff did the same thing years ago, does anyone know the circumstances of the game when they did it?

ie it probably wasnt 1-0 with 20 to go in a game they were playing awfully in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were 4-0 up.

The thing that irritated me about Pires today was the interview I read in which he explained his poor form (divorce etc) and how the fact that he now has a daughter has changed his attitude, talking about the defeat to WBA that had ****ed him off initially but he forgot that pretty quick once he got home to the family.

So hes lost interest, fair enough, dont ****ing whine about no new contract then.

I think one of the reasons he didn't get what he asked for was probably that attitude you're describing which i am sure Wenger has picked up on but hard to see from this side of fence, so to speak.

Any word on winter buys ? You still need a centre back ... am i mad here ? Cygan, Senderos, Eboue, Clichy are all fine but when something goes pear-shaped you need to be able to bring these 'kids' out so not to affect their confidence ... some experience is needed there ... still !

Pires, Bergkamp ... their star is waning ... still capable of great things but some depth is required i think so not to play Gilberto, Fabregas out of position. RvP and Reyes do not seem "striker" enough for me. Play RvP up top and make Reyes the winger he is ... only play him wide left and drop Pires to the bench .. if that means you need another striker then so be itor give that Quincy bloke 8-10 games, 60 mins a game minimum or you will never know with him ... he's no younger than Senderos and all the others if good enough for them to play then him too ... if at the back playing cause injuries then highlights need for cover even more ...

... long hard season and the sad thing is i think Sperz may do you next week icon_frown.gif

You are to this season what United were to last ... fear of playing you has gone ... out of sorts .. injuries ... some positional "issues" ... Ho-Hum ... ironically maybe you'll concentrate on the CL and win that !!! Would you settle for that ? CL and 3rd or even 4th in the Prem ? It's certainly re-building going on and some of the blocks should have been in place already .... hope Wenger knows what he is doing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Apparently Henry's said he's gonna take all Arsenal penalties now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I heard him say that as well, think it was on MOTD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Vicente:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

haha just seen the penalty. Well done the ref though, actually got it right icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone got a link? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put the whole thing up in last nighst 'MotD thread'. Page 2 or 3 I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

well no, the ref got it wrong, shouldn't have been a free kick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but still didnt complete mess it up like i was expecting

Archived