Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikkel Blue:

when do tickets start going on sale for the new season?

want to take the nipper up to his first game sometime early doors.

want to try and pick a game where we should rack up a couple of goals that's not going to be too stressful so i can relax and at least concentrate partly on looking after him while i'm there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The United game should be a calm one icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I knew I'd forget loads icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldnt count Henry or Vieira tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you're now our researcher? icon_eek.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

South London is at the very heart of the club icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless you're 100 years old it isn't! icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

And you're now our researcher? icon_eek.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been stringing us along for years. I was the only one who saw through his "Arsenal Stat Book By His Side" and "Official History of Arsenal" nonsense (with internet backup).

And now you're all going to pay your price.

He was the wheezy fat kid at school who went in goal and was picked last at football. What could he possibly know about the game? icon_frown.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

I remember when that was my status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They had the Internet when you were at school? icon_confused.gif

and re the local residents getting bumped up the queue, I think it stinks. I'd be seriously peed off if I'd be sat on the list for god knows how many years, but with the new ground had a good chance of getting one, only to be bumped back because some local berk who knows nothing about Arsenal wants one instead.

I mean, Ter is entitled to one ffs.

I remember when that was my status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Those were the days. icon_frown.gif

and re the local residents getting bumped up the queue, I think it stinks. I'd be seriously peed off if I'd be sat on the list for god knows how many years, but with the new ground had a good chance of getting one, only to be bumped back because some local berk who knows nothing about Arsenal wants one instead.

I mean, Ter is entitled to one ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit I didn't consider your point you made about people selling them off to higher bidders. It's a good point and it does need to be addressed.

I am an old stick in the mud about tickets going to Arsenal fans and ideally, local Arsenal fans would be top of the list imo. Mind you I've been despondant about the attendance demographic situation for years.

But I appreciate a utopia doesn't exist and exploitation is more likely. icon_frown.gif

Okey lads, working on 2 players for each position, here's what we're looking like we could be next year:

GK Lehmann and ?

DR Lauren and Eboue

DL Cole and Clichy

DC Campbell Toure

DC Senderos Cygan

MR Hleb Ljungberg

ML Reyes Pires

MC Vieira Flamini

MC Gilberto Fabregas

ST Henry Bergkamp

ST Baptista van Persie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slightly Welsh Shrew:

Is that just assuming that Van Persie isn't going to spend the next 20 years picking up soap?

You could just switch him for Quincy though, so it's no big blow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it would be a big blow

Retro do you still have my mobile number? I demand to be texted if any news of the beast signing breaks whilst Im on my hols. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh hang on... I'll have a quick look on my phone.

Hmmm there is someone called Rob... if the last 4 numbers are 3141 then it's probably you. Let me know and I'll ensure you're kept bang up to date.

I might start a service. I had to keep my Geordie mate informed while he was away too... to give him the bad news they'd signed Scock Parker. icon_biggrin.gif

Where are you going and how long?

Dear Mr Senegal,

Please put a stop to the major underrating of Arsenal youth players in Football manager.

Previous researchers have rated the first team ok but the youth players attributes PA/CA are a joke. Our yongsters are f*ckin ace and many would walk into any Championship and some Premiership sides already.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Vandyke. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

look you've jinxed any signing now by asking to be kept updates.

thanks icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if he's gone... he might not get any updates. It's possible some other bloke I used to know called Rob is going to be kept abreast of Arsenal's situation instead! icon_redface.gif

According to teletext (ITV) we've had a bid turned down for "The Beast". Hopefully we'll come up with a package for him. Would be a great signing (but you don't need me to tell you that!). Juni's running scared already. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

look you've jinxed any signing now by asking to be kept updates.

thanks icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll notice I never said 'signing for us' to cover myself icon_cool.gif

Retro, I go on Thursday to Spain.

Mr Vandyke, I never realised you were an Arsenal fan icon_frown.gif

Cole and some cash and enter the market for Gerrard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt cole would want to go to liverpool tbh and I think we are decent enough in centre midfield, so we shouldn't be looking to get rid of one of our star players to improve it.

Saying that, if cole does still want to go, I'd be more than happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick Vieira:

Gus Ceasar

Colin Pates

Andy Linegan icon_cool.gif

Glenn Helder

Christopher Wreh

Dunno their squad numbers, if we had them then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and Stefan Schwarz icon_cool.gif

Cracking free kick in the semi vs Sampdoria icon_biggrin.gif

where would gerrard play?

where would gerrard play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right back icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

No idea if this means owt but Sevilla have signed Luis Fabiano today. Now it was reported to be done a few weeks ago, but hopefully this means he's Baptista's partner and not a replacement...icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey... exactly how good is Baptista? I mean, from what i've heard he sounds like a great player but if he's really that great, how come no one else's (openly) going for him by now?

Strikers seem in big demand this summer so what's going on?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by They call me Henry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

No idea if this means owt but Sevilla have signed Luis Fabiano today. Now it was reported to be done a few weeks ago, but hopefully this means he's Baptista's partner and not a replacement...icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey... exactly how good is Baptista? I mean, from what i've heard he sounds like a great player but if he's really that great, how come no one else's (openly) going for him by now?

Strikers seem in big demand this summer so what's going on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest with you i don't think the majority of users on this board have ever seen Baptista play and are only going on what others are saying or just jumping on the bandwagon

I've only seen him play maybe half a dozen, or ten times but from what i see he's a very effective and very good player. No doubt if he moved to us he'd be a great success and improve vastly into a superb player.

He isn't "great" yet, its incredibly subjective, if you mean great do you mean Shevchenko, Adriano standard?

Barcelona and Real Madrid are other teams were have been rumoured to be interested so its not just us either.

Archived