FM11: Andrea Poli - the new Pirlo

stgahoy

Andrea Poli

103811.jpg

Andrea Poli is an Italian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Serie A club Sampdoria, upon his return to Sampdoria in the summer 2009 he became a key player of the side that ended 4th.

Date of Birth: 29th September 1989

Nationality: Italian - born in Vittorio Veneto

Height: 181 cm

Weight: 69 kg

Positions: Midfielder Center / Defensive Midfielder

Best Position: MC

Preferred foot: Right

Value: £6.25M

Sale Value: about £15M

Potential Ability:

PA: 176 fixed

polij.jpg

Poli already is looking good, and has a great potential. Will post a screenie of him at the end of season 3.

pretty promising with such state at early age..

stgahoy, what exact position you been playing for him? he has attacking mentality appeared to be outshone instead of his defensive position tagging.

Does he do well on your league?

I play him as an advanced playmaker - attack , he has all the attributes needed - So far after 6 games he has 3 assists and an AvR of 7.17, and you have to remember he's still setteling. At the moment I'm trying to teach him the through passes PPM, which should suit him great.

I think he was worth the £18M I spend on him, as I do really like to have Italians in my side.

• 4 weeks later...

AndreaPoliProfile_Attributes.png

This is how he looks after 4 seasons with my Newcastle team. He has been very reliable alongside Milan Badelj, but he has been a little unlucky with injuries in a couple of those seasons. Plays as a Deep lying playmaker, no surprise there. Usually with a defensive duty, but might free him up from that next season if one of my regens develops the way i hope.

On last year's edition he had the ability but lacked the professionalism. I had him at Milan and tried to blood him into the first team to replace Pirlo, but his attitude let him down. Hopefully he's better this year.

When I inevitably start my AC Milan game (on my Aberdeen game right now) I'll definitely be looking at buying him again.

Archived