SI just cannot ever get it right.

I am becoming very frustrated with the lack of tactics that actually "work". I'm playing as Blyth, and I have a tactic that seems to work too well, because it exploits the absolutely inept defending in the game (winger runs down wing, is never tackled, cross ball low, keeper watches it, defenders stand still, striker slides in). I score at least a goal like that every game. If I concede a goal - it's the same thing.

If you try to make a tactic that succeeds in playing through the middle, it just doesn't work - you've got no chance of getting anywhere. No one scores any long range goals in the BSP, did you know that? Not one have I scored or conceded from outside the 18 yard box.

It's not good. SI need some real competition in the market to give them a kick up the backside. And they need someone to come and help them code defenders properly, as the game is heavily balanced towards stupidly attacking formations, again.

Apologies for the crankyness coming across in my post, but I have food poisoning and I'm not generally a happy bunny today!

I can assure you it's not my tactics. If it was on last years version I would be winning most of my games. It's the fact that it's very hard to score anything in open player if you have lesser players. Even opponents don't score through the middle, it's always through the wings.

Surely that says it all... Last years version is exactly that, LAST YEARS. The tactics that got you Super awesome winning wont work on this, you will have to work at your tactics to find a good balance.

I play amateur in the Belgium Third Divison where the quality of players are very "lesser players". I have not found any issue with scoring goals, especially through the centre. If anything wing play goals are rare.

I am becoming very frustrated with the lack of tactics that actually "work". I'm playing as Blyth, and I have a tactic that seems to work too well, because it exploits the absolutely inept defending in the game (winger runs down wing, is never tackled, cross ball low, keeper watches it, defenders stand still, striker slides in). I score at least a goal like that every game. If I concede a goal - it's the same thing.

If you try to make a tactic that succeeds in playing through the middle, it just doesn't work - you've got no chance of getting anywhere. No one scores any long range goals in the BSP, did you know that? Not one have I scored or conceded from outside the 18 yard box.

It's not good. SI need some real competition in the market to give them a kick up the backside. And they need someone to come and help them code defenders properly, as the game is heavily balanced towards stupidly attacking formations, again.

Apologies for the crankyness coming across in my post, but I have food poisoning and I'm not generally a happy bunny today!

I got Hereford promoted from league 2 first season with a central formation (4 defenders, 1 DMC, 2 MC, 1 AMC, 2 ST's). Pretty much no wing play all season tbh, and didn't have any problems with defending it either - I'm not on the patch if that makes a difference though :S.

I still daren't use wingers after how useless they were in FM2010, but central play has done well for me. Especially when the opposition don't stick many players in the middle or once they're down to 10 men.

Why the hell is it that every game comes out and you simply cannot get it right until patch number 3 comes out?

For example, in my game you just cannot progress. I got promoted last season with my team, and now I am relegation candidates and it falls apart. The only way you can score is always from a cross or a set piece now, you cannot score from open play anymore. If you lose a game or two morale starts to become very poor straight away and you just cannot get back from that. Even though I have matched each side I have come against and sometimes dominated, it's still not happening. About three quarters of penalties awarded are also missed.

Every game that comes out, there is always problems, but this is a farce. Don't you ever test your games?

I will not be playing this game anymore until the problems are rectified. What a waste of £30.

How many teams get promoted and then relegated in real life I wonder?

I'm 4 penalties scored from 4 upto Feb 2011

Dominating games...with possession or shots. If possesion maybe work ball into area.....if shots then reduce number of players taking long shots.

Didn't we see Liverpool in the Premier drop zone recently. I wonder how many FM managers would have complained how unreal it is if this happened in game

Archived