[FM11] Strong Winds from the North - Middelfart

Charlesbeams

Middelfartlogo1.jpg

Having seen this teams name one week when checking football scores, i decided to manage them on FM, only reason is for the name.

League Loaded: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden

Decided to load all the Scandinavian nations as i never usually play here much, the other are loaded just incase it goes terribly wrong with Middelfart

Middelfart Gymnastik & Boldklub

Manager Profile

Background

Founded in 1964, Middelfart Gymnastik & Boldklub are an amateur Danish club currently playing in the Danish Second Division West. The club play their home games at Middelfart Stadion and posses fairly basic training facilities and a very basic youth setup. The club also have a limited youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as MG&BK and retains a fierce rivalry with Strib Idraetsforening.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 1970s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2010, MG&BK are a club with a growing history. Middelfart won the Danish 4th tier for the only time in 2010.

First thing i notice is the club is amateur, has no money for wages or transfers, and most of the players are probably bakers or bricklayers. The bad thing about this is that any team can come in and steal my players for free.

We were predicted 14th place, a relegation place, but not last place, there wasnt any sort of season aims for me to choose from, i guess just not being relegated was what the board would have wanted.

Seasons

[b][u]Season    Team          League              Position         Acheivements[/u][/b]
2010/11   Middelfart    Danish 2nd West     9th              Avoided Relegation
2011/12   Middelfart    Danish 2nd West     11th             Avoided Relegation
2012/13   Middelfart    Danish 2nd West     2nd              Promotion via Play-offs

Season 2010/11

Title Odds - was a long shot at 50/1 for the title, better than i was expecting to be honest.

First thing to note was the lack of talent at this football club, but the odd player did have some promise mainly the Captain Henrik Thomsen.

Pre-Season

Pre-season went well overall with some decent wins over Swindon Supermarine and Dungannon, but losing out to Viborg, a much tougher opponent. Signed a lot of players before the new season started including a former Brondby striker, who we'll see later. I think overall i brought in 13 players before the season started, quite a lot, but it was needed.

Season Summary

To be honest the season went much better than expected and not once did i look like even going into the relegation zone. Had a lot of great wins where i was expected to be heavily defeated.

One of the players of the whole season was Karsten Johansen, a former Brondby and Randers striker. If it wasnt for him i think we'd have been relegated, his 17 league goals helped us get a 9th place finish. Its a real shame though that after the break in the season near Christmas, Karsten came back as a different player and just didnt seem to be that awesome striker i got at the start, in fact he only scored 5 of his goals after the break.

One last thing was the cup, we were knocked out in the first round.

Karsten Johansen -

he scored that i really liked, love his back heel just before he runs in and shoots

Team Stats - Frederik Buhn is a new 16 yr old keeper i picked up who can hopefully make some appearances next season.

League Table

I'm now at the end of the season and about to find out about my new youth players, hopefully there'll be at least one decent player.

Youth Players 2011

GK - Niels Jensen - Apparently the best of the bunch, not too bad for this level, but never going to be first team.

GK - Rene Mørup

DC - Niels Henriksen

DC/DM/MC - Thomas Strøm

DM/MC - Martin Møller

MC - Peter Hansen

M/AML - Sebastian Hansen - Might get a game or two i reckon, but not a regular

ST - Ufuk Engin

Players for the New Season

Kristian Lassen - Very pleased i got him as he's easily better than the players i currently have

Jakob Eigaard - Awful physical stats, but should chip in with a few goals i reckon

Ibrahim Mansaray - Not too bad, but nothing special

Michael Andersen - Lack of good defenders available really, one of the better defenders around in the lower leagues.

Pre-season starting soon with games against Finances & Revenue (Myanmar), Valenica Mestalla, DPMM (Brunei) and Negombo Youth (Sri Lanka). I should have put in a decent side to play to be honest, but winning games should help the squad a bit.

Pre-Season

Pre-season went pretty well with 2 draws and 2 big wins, 7-0 and 4-0 against Valencia Mestalla and Negombo Youth and the two draws were against DPMM and Finances & Revenue, 1-1 and 0-0.

I guess i expected 4 wins, but we cant win them all :p

Getting annoyed at teams offering my best players contracts, but luckily they decide to stay, but im just sick of offering them a new contract every day

New season starting very soon and im 200/1 for the title, so they are saying im likely to do worse and get relegated. We also sold 1 more season ticket than last season, 66.

August

Season hasnt gone too well so far losing the majority of games.

2-3 Naesby - Johansen, Eigaard

4-1 Aalborg Freja - Johansen x 3, Thomsen (Danish Cup)

0-2 FC Svendborg

0-1 Naesby (Danish Cup)

Only one win in August and it was a pretty good win, but pretty poor overall, team just arent playing well.

September

0-2 Aalborg Freja

2-0 OKS - Johansen, Petersen

1-0 Frederikshavn - Lassen

1-1 FC Djursland - Eigaard

Again not that great, but 7 points overall helping me stay away from the relegation places in these early stages. Also you can see how much Johansen contributes :p i fear the day he leaves the club.

October

That Aarhus Fremad game was actually in October, so October didnt start well, and it didnt get much better with only two wins out of 5 games, and those wins were against the worse teams.

2-4 Aarhus Fremad - Johansen x2

3-0 Fjordager - O.G, Lassen x2

1-2 Skive - Thomsen

0-2 LFA

3-0 Lindholm - Johansen x2, Lassen

November

Only two games in November and both were drawn, leaving me in 9th place just before the break. The game against Naesby was so annoying, it was 1-1 at 90mins and we scored on 90+2 and i was thinking "we got the win here, nothing can mess this up", until one of my defender gets himself sent off on 90+4 (last minute of stoppage), and it goes to the tactics screen and i move a player into the defenders place, the second i go back, goal to Naesby 90+5, so annoying.

1-1 Thisted FC - O.G

2-2 Naesby - Johansen, Spring

League Table

There is a huge break now until March, so ive set up loads of friendly games so my players arent just sitting around doing nothing. Friendlies will be against:

Dollefjelde-Musse, BBB, AC Horsen, Viborg, Avarta, Viby, Cheb, Hammerfest, SAFFC, Saint-Pierrose and Jong Holland, quite a few :p

It's also transfer window time soon, so i'll be offering contracts to Johansen a lot through this period.

Winter Break

Overall it was a pretty decent winter break, but then again, most of the teams i was playing were fairly poor.

2-2 Dollefjelde-Musse - Johansen x 2

2-1 BBB - Johansen, Kongstad

1-3 AC Horsen - Johansen

1-2 Viborg - Thomsen

3-1 Avarta - Hansen, Thomsen, Eigaard

3-0 Viby - Thomsen, O.G, Eriksen

3-0 Cheb - Johansen, Thomsen, Lassen

4-0 Hammerfest - Petersen x2, Johansen, Eigaard

0-1 SAFFC

2-0 Saint-Pierrose - Lassen, Eriksen

1-0 Jong Holland - Eriksen

Brought in some new players too just to help a little after a poor start.

Kent Eriksen - Not the best of strikers to be honest, but there is a rule to have 3 u-21 players, so i got him for that reason really, good finishing

John Gadalla

Bobby Brix

Tobias Rocatis

Also i JUST kept hold of Johansen :D he is getting older now though, but im so glad ive got him for the rest of the season.

Sorry for the fairly crap updates, they may get better as i get going.

March-May

Things didnt start off too well after the winter break and i wondered if playing all those friendlies was a bit pointless. But it eventuall paid off towards the end of April with a couple of vital wins.

March

1-1 Skovbakken - Spring

1-1 Holstebro - Johansen

0-2

0-3

As we can see, not a good month at all, with only 2 points.

April

3-0 Aalborg Freja - Johansen, Lassen, Eriksen

1-0 OKS - Stryno

3-0 Frederikshavn - Johansen, Gadalla, Spring

1-0 Aarhus Fremad - Lassen

And as we can see here, brilliant month going unbeaten and not conceding any at all, and we climbed away from the relegation places. Only 7 games to go and i THINK i should beable to stay up again, but i'd like to push into the top 6 overall.

League Table

End of Season

Last 7 games didnt really go as planned and i ended up losing quite a few points and finished in 11th place, but i did avoid relegation which will be the main objective for a few more years i think.

1-0 Fjordager - Lassen

1-3 FC Djursland - Spring

0-1 Skive

1-2 LFA - Johansen

1-2 Lindholm - Fagerberg

1-1 Thisted FC - Lassen

1-4 Holstebro -Lassen

The only good point with these games was that the win against Fjordager got them relegated :p

Poor season overall, wasnt happy with it at all, really need to sort out tactics i think, or next season i will be going down, specially now that Johansen wants to leave too.

Was happy with Johansen again, but was also happy with Lassen who came in this season, hopefully more to come from him next season, and hopefully i can bring in some more players that will make the difference.

Final League Table

New regens for next season:

D/WBR - Sebastian Andersen

ST - Serkan Engin

ST - Lars Holm - Apparently the best of the 4, but to be honest, i dont think any will be feature next season.

ST - Soren Jorgensen

New Players

Brought in a few new, young players to help out this season, also Johansen is still with me after a few games.

Patrick Olsen, Soren Mussmann, and Jesper Hostrup. I did get Oguzhan Aynaoglu, just before the season started, but he's just back up incase Johansen leaves really.

Pre-Season Games

2-1 Herlev - Aynaoglu x2

3-1 Highlanders - Johansen, Hostrup, Aynaoglu

0-0 Army(PAK)

4-2 Pena Sport - Johansen x3, Lassen

3-1 Ming Chuan Uni - Thomsen, Eriksen, Johansen

August - September

Things couldnt have gone any better in the opening months to the new season. Im not sure if its the new players, going back to 4-4-2 or just something else, but going unbeaten in 2 months is great. Also really happy that Johansen has stayed.

August

0-0 LFA

1-0 Silkeborg KFUM - Aynaoglu (Danish Cup)

0-0 Skive

3-0 Skovbakken - Johansen x3

2-2p B 1908 - Lassen x2 (Danish Cup, penalty win)

Great month getting through to the Danish Cup 3rd round for the first time, where i'll play top Danish side Esbjerg at home, should be interesting, and im thinking it'll end my current run, which is why im making this post now before i lose haha.

September

3-0 Nordvest FC - Engels, Aynaoglu, Stryno

3-3 FC Djursland - Hostrup, Spring x2

4-1 Brabrand - Brix, Gadella, Hostrup, Lassen

3-2 Blokhus FC - Johansen, Aynaoglu x2

And now im at the cup game, but i'll add it into the next update for October-December, even though its in September. Happy that Aynaoglu is starting to get some goals, he has 4 in 5(1).

League Table

Cup Match

Middelfart 0-1 Esbjerg

So, so unlucky, we got battered overall, but i was so unlucky to lose in the end because my 1 shot in the whole game was just before the goal that we scored before it was given offside, basically my player had the shot, it hit their defender and fell to my offside player who scored the goal, so i guess its pretty unlucky, but my player was offside. The team can be proud anyway as i was expecting a big defeat.

One thing that was annoying was how my fans were concerned after the defeat, stupid fans.

MiddelfartvEsbjergfBTVView-2.png

Basically, Thomsen shot it hit Jorgensen, and the offside player to the left scores it.

October-November

I knew our run in the league couldnt have lasted forever, but still only 1 loss all season so far, but im worried things may change after the winter break, lets hope not though.

October

2-0 Odder - Aynaoglu, Gadalla

2-2 Lindholm - Petersen, Lassen

3-3 Naesby - Aynaoglu, Johansen x2

3-1 Aarhus Fremad - Mussmann, Aynaoglu x2

0-2 Thisted FC

Ended the month with my first league loss in 12 games, i was also really pleased with Aynaoglu this month, he's matching Johansen on goals too.

November

2-1 Holstebro - Aynaoglu, Johansen

0-0 Frederikssund

4-1 Skive - Fagerberg, Johansen x2, Aynaoglu

Great way to end the month with a big win, got this news thing just after too :p

ChrisSmallNews_Inbox-2.png

League Table

Winter Break

Same as last season really, just went through it playing a load of friendlies, so not a lot to mention here. Only good news is i kept hold of some vital players, mainly Johansen.

8-0 Gladsaxe-Hero - Eriksen x3, Hostrup, Petersen x2, Aynaoglu, Spring

3-2 Vordingborg - Thomsen x2, Johansen

2-0 Stenlose - Aynaoglu

4-1 Norre Alslev - Johansen, Aynaoglu x2, Olsen

1-2 Roskilde - Petersen

1-2 Ethiopian Coffee - Johansen

0-1 W Connection

5-1 YoungHeart - Mussmann, Johansen x2, Thomsen, Brix

1-1 FC Lupopo - Johansen

2-0 Stocksbridge - Johansen x2

2-1 Birkerod - Johansen x2

0-1 Universidad (HON)

2-0 FC Nordsjaelland - Johansen, Hostrup

Happiest with that last win against a First Division side, hopefully it'll raise morale and we can end the season as we started.

End of Season

As you could see this season was going much better than expected, i made changes in the squad and brought in some new staff, as well as making my own training schedules, so i'd like to think that was what boosted my squad.

March

4-0 Skovbakken - Hostrup, U.Johansen, K.Johansen, Stryno

5-1 Svendborg - Thomsen, Nielsen, Lassen, Aynaoglu x2

Good month, but only two games.

April

2-0 LFA - K.Johansen, Mussmann

1-1 Nordvest FC - Stryno

0-2 FC Djursland

0-3 Brabrand

6-2 Blokhus FC - Brix, Aynaoglu x2, Mussmann, Nielsen, K.Johansen

4-1 Odder - Aynaoglu x2, K.Johansen, Mansaray

Two losses this month, but luckily i bounced back with two big wins to keep me in the running for promotion.

May

0-0 Naesby

4-1 Lindholm - Aynaoglu x4

1-0 Aarhus Fremad - Hostrup

0-1 Thisted FC

Vital loss against Thisted who were also looking for promotion with me and Nordvest FC.

June

0-1 Holstebro

4-0 Frederikssund - Larsen, Jensen, OG, Hostrup

0-0 FC Svendborg

So some bad results in the last few games cost me the Title, but i have secured a play-off place, which was unexpected from the start anyway.

Very happy with Aynaoglu and his 20 goals, but he got injured for the last few games, so maybe that was a reason we didnt perform quite as good as the rest of the season.

Final League Table

Play-off posts to come

Play-offs 1st Leg

Good win as i was expected to lose this quite badly, and glad i got the away win out of the way, hopefully we can do the same at home, and hopefully we'll have a new highest attendance :p. Also i think Aynaoglu should be back for the 2nd leg, maybe not first team, but a sub appearance will do him good.

HIKvMiddelfartSplitView.png

Play-offs 2nd Leg

We didnt win the game, but 0-0 was enough to get promoted, before the match most of my players were knackered, so i wasnt sure what to expect, but my tired players did well keeping out HIK.

Can't believe my keeper didnt get Man of the Match either.

MiddelfartvHIKSplitView.png

I'm not looking forward to going into the new league as we may go Semi-Pro, meaning money will become involved, and ive had it easy with money so far :p but it does mean i wont need to offer contracts to players every week.

Heh. The one time I tried playing as an amateur Danish side, I got relegated after about half of my starting XI were poached in the winter transfer window. Vowed to myself, never again play with an amateur team that can be relegated to an unplayable league. :D

Pre-Season

New season and a new league, problems with wages already as im about £3k over my limit, ah well.

Only brought in two new players, hopefully the decision not to bring loads is a good one.

Saban Ozdogan and Ingolfur Ragnarsson.

1-0 HB Koge - Thomsen

0-1 Amrokgang

1-1 Chesterfield - Larsen

2-1 Andorra FC - K.Johansen, Hostrup

2-1 Partizani - Hostrup, Ragnarsson

My players were really tired for most of these games and a few strikers were out injured, which may be why they were so low scoring

August/September

So a new division to play in and its already turning out to be fairly tough for me, i think if i can keep my best players fit, i COULD avoid getting relegated, but at the minute im thinking it'll be really close.

August

0-2 Hobro

3-1 Broshoj - K.Johansen, Gadella, Ragnarsson (Danish Cup 1st Round)

1-3 B 93 - Hostrup

1-2 Vejle - Ragnarsson

2-1 Frederikssund - Ragnarsson, Brix (Danish Cup 2nd Round)

1-0 FC Federicia - Hostrup

So my first league win to end the month and a good cup run so far.

September

3-1 Nordvest FC - K.Johansen, Ragnarsson, Brix

0-0 FC Nordsjaelland

1-3 Viborg - Brix

0-2 Randers (Danish Cup 3rd Round)

0-3 Randers

Not a good month, but 4 points is more than i expected. Glad Ragnarsson is contributing since his move, and now ive got Aynaoglu back, hopefully things will start to change for the better.

October-November

October

0-0 FC Fyn

0-1 HB Koge

1-0 FC Vestsjaelland - Hostrup

3-1 B 93 - K.Johansen x2, Lassen

Pretty good month, but i cant believe i lost to my relegation buddies HB Koge, if only i'd won that, perfect month :p

November

0-3 Vejle

1-2 Hobro - Hostrup

3-0 FC Fredericia

Couldnt have gone any worse really, glad the winter break is here now :p

League Table

Winter Friendlies

2-0 Elite 3000 - Hostrup, Thomsen

3-0 SGI - Lassen, K.Johansen, Aynaoglu

0-2 Esbjerg

2-1 LFA - Hjort x2

1-0 Glostrup Albertslund - K.Johansen

5-1 Sligo Rovers - Nielsen, Thomsen, Aynaoglu, Ozdogan, K.Johansen

3-1 Vita Club - Lassen, Mussmann, Hostrup

3-0 St.Joseph - K.Johansen, Aynaoglu x2

2-1 Juventud Retalteca - K.Johansen x2

2-0 Stromsgodset - Mussmann, Hostrup

1-1 Big Players - Aynaoglu

4-1 Eurokickers - Hostrup, K.Johansen, Ozdogan, Brix

Pretty good overall, but now back to the league, need to survive.

• 2 years later...

Archived