[Released] Netbook2011 Skin

michaeltmurrayuk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help!

Santa delivered me a copy of his finest FM2011, however despite numerous attempts yesterday and today, I can't get it to play on my netbook. I've followed the tips here on startup 'windowed' etc., however it still won't open.

Any tips? Is the netbook skin essential?

Help!

Santa delivered me a copy of his finest FM2011, however despite numerous attempts yesterday and today, I can't get it to play on my netbook. I've followed the tips here on startup 'windowed' etc., however it still won't open.

Any tips? Is the netbook skin essential?

Hi no1jambo I may have a problem like yours; after loading this skin the game crashed and everytime i try to load the game it gets stuck on the loading screen with the words:

Processing... Processing...

Please Wait

Anyone experiance this? I've spent most of today and last night trying to get my first FM11 game running.

Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi thanx for all the help with getting the game to start running coz that was my main concern however now i am playing the skin is really jarring me i have followed your instructions but netbook skin doesnt appear in my preferences screen< i installed via steam what process should i use for this as i have saved the netbook skin in both my my documents SI skin and in the programe files steam skins what else can i do please help

Please follow our installation guide thread at the top of the forum. It'll show you step by step how to install skins.

You should never install anything in the Steam directory. The instructions for Steam and regular versions of the game are exactly the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The dark version of the Netbook skins has finally been released, sorry for the long delay.

Note I haven't had a chance to fix the lingering bugs (team of the week screen and moving tabs) nor have I had a chance to check to see what changes patch 10.3 have introduced but it should work.

I have read through the instructions a few times. I have put the files in the skins folder in editor, created a skins folder and tried leaving the folder and config in various places but when i go onto preferences netbookskin still not appearing in drop down box. Tried skin cache on and off, reload etc etc but nothing

It doesn't go into the skins folder in the editor it goes into your User Data Folder Location which by default is:

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/skins

(You can get the extact location of the folder on you Hard Drive from the preferences menu within FM2011)

Hi Michael - firstly, thanks for your awesome work!

Second, a question. Could you tell me how I could get bigger team logos in the titlebar please? I've been trying things with the xml, but I have had no success, as I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing! What I was hoping to do is to replace the faded left background logo with the proper 'normal' logo, basically exactly the same size/scale etc, but not faded. I think it would be more or less full size, centred horizontally, and just letting it get cut off. Is that possible?

Failing that, could you tell me what to change if I want to make the logo that is there already bigger, and in the gap to the left of the tabs (more like how it was in the 2010 netbook skin)?

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with the skin. I have followed the instructions and am able to load the skin in the preferences menu, however the game crash dumps before it has finished loading the skin and I can't play a game. I am able to load the game up normally without the skin, but obviously can't see much without constant scrolling.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I have now tried the dark netbook skin and that is working fine. No idea why the normal skin didn't work. Steam installation, version 11.3 FYI

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived