[FM11] My road to nowhere

Nottingham Forest

Morecambe

League: npower League 2

League Position: 22nd

I have signed an £800 a week, 6 month ish contract. My aim is to save them from relegation.

Transfer Budget: £36,500

Wage Budget: £22,500

Current Player Wage Total: £19,510

I have a bit of a wage budget to use. I am close to the transfer window so I will start my squad assessment and see who I can and should replace.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good move. Morecambe are a nice little club in a new ground (which is absolutely AWFUL btw, but not the point!), and will probably do ok under your leadership

Good luck :thup:

Cheers. Going to be hard though. I have 6 months to keep them from getting relegated.

Tough luck NF. With Doughty, Arthur and Pleat on the board its always difficult ;o). Glad you've carried on though, sackings are all part of football. Good luck at Morecombe

Should I start a new save with Forest? Or just hope that the job comes up again.

Morecambe have a very average squad.

December 2011

So a new era began at Morecambe and after looking at my squad I decided that I was going to have a mass clearout. The squad morale was poor and I felt that I could find better players that what I already had.

Morecambe 2-0 Dagenham and Redbridge

Dagenham and Redbridge were the better side for the first 60 minutes or so but that didn’t stop us from taking the lead through Paul Mullin in the 40th minute. Kevin Souter rounded of the victory in the 67th minute.

Yeovil Town 4-1 Morecambe

We were never in this game and Yeovil deserved to win. Yeovil’s goals were scored by Jamie White, Dean Bowditch(2) and Juan Jose Serrano. Our goal was scored by Chris Shuker. I feel that we lost as I don’t have any depth to the squad. I can’t wait for January to arrive.

Morecambe 0-3 Exeter City

This was an even game at The Globe Arena but Exeter were more clinical in front of goal which saw them run out comfortable winners. Their goals were scored by Paul Taylor(2) and Alex Marrow.

Lincoln City 1-1 Morecambe

We were the better side in this game and it showed as Kevin Souter put us in front in the 18th minute. Unfortunately though Ronan Murray levelled for Lincoln 3 minutes in to the second half.

Morecambe 1-2 Cheltenham Town

We probably should have won this game as well but our inability to get the ball anywhere near the goal caused us to lose. We may have scored one goal but it was an own goal. We had 8 shots at goal but none on target. Cheltenham managed to get 2 goals so they won. Their goals were scored by Ben May and Theo Lewis.

Port Vale 1-0 Morecambe

Port Vale deserved to win this game and Sam Morsy grabbed the winner in the 23rd minute.

So, my first month in charge of Morecambe hasn’t been the best. I have had the board ask me to resign 3 times due to me applying for other jobs. I have said sorry on all 3 occasions. The squad is fairly small and it has a lot of injuries which doesn’t help. It has been shown with me having to play a striker who hasn’t scored in 16 games he’s played in. I haven’t had a striker or anyone of any use which I could have called on. However, January is now here and there are some new faces in town. I’m pleased with the signings I have made and hopefully they can gel quick enough so we can start to pull away from the relegation spots. I am over my wages budget by £5k though which isn’t the best. Although players are going to be leaving. I have a new parent team as well. It’s Chelsea. They have replaced Brighton and Hove Albion.

League

Fixtures

A short Morecambe adventure NF!

Seems you spent most of your time applying for other jobs!!

Good luck with the Fingal job.

I didn't get the Fingal job so I am currently unemployed. The stupid Fingal board decided to employ Peter Murphy. The former Carlisle captain. I want to continue this save but I think this may be more of a few hours here and there save now. Watch out for Sitting on the banks of the Trent again.

Archived