The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

sorry Sami - kept forgetting your hosting now!!! icon_redface.gif

We also have two other new starts as well, Gordon and Dogs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who let the dogs out!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Dogs aswell?? Cool. Just bare with the matches on different times as, erhm, someone who i wont name here *coughs moncs* screwed up that bit. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you or Gordon wants it, i can put the server on, so you can do your stuff. Just contact me thru Msn. It's e|ite.

Welcome aboard. icon_smile.gif

PS: Are we still going with 4.1.4 or are we going over to 4.1.5? I have no problems staying with 4.1.4 as it is working fine.

Welcome Gordon and dogs, good to have yous. Just a wee post to say how much im looking forward to monday night, and how much i missed it last mon. and thurs.. cant wait to get back up to the premiershipicon_smile.gif

Sami can you put the server on about 6pm to let Gordon log in and choose his team (he said Norwich this morning) and to allow me to asses the damage me missing the last session caused....pretty please ?

Oh and welcome Slayeri and Dogs....mind your language tonight guys as we don't tolerate bad and abusive language (much) and things are going ok Quedron, hows you ?

SAINTS REPORT

Progress

Last session before the break went very good. We went on to win 7 of our 8 matches and drew one, which was against the Red Devils. If we can continue this kind of form we will be hard to stop.

Fixtures

EPL

H Everton 2-1

We had it pretty comfortable, especially after Delap put us ahead after a cross from Oskarsson in the 4th minute. Then he went on to put us 2-0 up after 30 min and it made us unease. However a Micheal Symes goal in the 62nd min made it a game again, on paper atleast. MOM was Delap with his 2 goals. But Vampeta was the man who dictated the match from his Def Mid position. Shots: Saints 16/5 Everton 7/3

H Birmingham 2-0

Pretty much the same scenario as against Everton. We took the lead early on thru Oskarsson on the 10th min. Our shots kept on going over and wide and everywhere else but the goal after that abd we had to wait till the 80th minute to bag the game. Prutton was the man who put the ball in the top corner after a cross from Neil McCann. One differance from the Everton game was that Birmingham had more qualty in their chanches, which made Antti Niemi to become MOM. I need to name Vampeta as he was again the important figure. Shots: Saints 12/4 Birmingham 6/5.

A Chelsea 2-1

This win was really a team effort, something that makes every manager happy. Only player who let me down was Prutton who was rated a 5, but besides him the team played really well. Especesially the defense, 8ts across the board and De la Cuesta being the exception with 9 and MOM. We had an excellent start to the game, AGAIN, as we went into the lead on the 4th min thru Beattie.

To be fair the goal was a bit tacky, but every goal counts, and me laugh! A cross from Oskarsson in midfield and there was Huth and Beattie fighting of the ball, Beattie nodded the ball to the edge of the penalty area and Marcos came rushing out and it looked as he got to the ball before Beattie, BUT it looked like Beattie then kicked the ball from his hands, or Marcos just fumbled the ball and Beattie took it. Anyhow, the replay still makes me laugh as it looks really funny.

But the fight went on and we had some end-to-end stuff. Then Beattie showed what he is and made the second goal at the 37th minute. A lob over a defender from C.Delgado and Beattie took the ball forward. Actually there werent a real chanche until he turned on the ball and the defender was too far waway and Beattie shot a screamer from inside the box. Maybe again Maros should have taken it but, i aint complaining. Chelsea did get a goal thru Veron on the 44th min. There where no more goals in the seond half and i was happy with the team performance. MOM De la Cuesta. Shots: Saints 16/7 Chelski 14/7

H Stoke 4-0

A game where the only question was would the Stoke keeper make it a clean sheet or not. The resistance lasted until the 44th min when Suazo was pushed in the area and Beattie converted the penalty. We then went on to score 3 more in the second half, scorers being Vampeta on the 66th, Beattie again on the 89th and then Oskarsson on stoppage time. MOM Vampeta. Shots: Saints 24/11 Stoke 0/0

A Leeds 2-0

Our great run continued and there wasnt much Leeds could. Our recent trademark, an early goal, continued and we went ahead on the 9th minute on a corner. Delgado drifted the ball in and Vampeta scored with a header. But he second goal was alone Vampetas. A pass from Delgado and Vampeta took the ball and he was 35 yards out, and then smashed the ball in the top corner. Robinson tried his best but couldnt get to it. So no surprise Vampeta was MOM. Shots: Saints 23/14 Leeds 3/3

A FA Cup 4th round rpl Rushden 3-5

So we had a second go at Rushden and what a game it was. Rushden started the fiest on the 42nd minute with a goal from Rodney Jack, only for Suazo to cancel it out on the 45th minute. Then on the 59th minute Rodney took Rushden ahead again, only for Oskarsson to make it 2-2 on the 64th minute. Then we took the lead on the 76th minute thru Oskarsson, only for Onandi Lowe to cancel it out on the 82nd minute. But then we had a late rush and Oskarsson made his hat-trick on the 88th minute and Suazo bagging the game with a goal on the 90th minute.

MOM Oskarsson. Shots Saints 14/7 Rushden 9/8

The Back to Back matchup with United, Second Act

Last season we had the same thing, first a FA Cup and then a league game directly after that. This time both were at Old Trafford which made us want revenge, especially a certain goal from Wes Brown has stayed in the back of my mind.

FA Cup: A Man Utd

The weather was breezy but the athmosphere was great. We took the overhand from KO and started to push forward. Disaster struck though on the 3rd minute when Beattie got injured after a collision with Rio. Suazo came in to replace him. We took the lead on the 31st minute from a freekik wich was taken by our Captain Lundekvam and it was a real beaty, in of the post and rolling on the goal line almost hitting the other post before going over the line. Barthez with no chance whatsoever.

Keane then made the equalizer on the 43th minute from a Forlan cross to the far post and 1-1 after HT.

But who stepped up once more to stamp his precence on the game, Vampeta icon_wink.gif

A shot from outside the penalty area on the 47th minute and we were leading again. There were some anxious moments until Oskarsson sored on the 74th minute and so it did end. We had our revenge!

MOM Vampeta. Shots: Saints 14/8 United 7/7

A Man Utd EPL 1-1

United upped their game and this was a much tighter game. Ruud made it 1-0 for United early on in the 7th minute after a great low cross from Silvestre. There was some end-to-end stuff and close situations for both. It continued and then i had almost lost hope, until on the 88th minute Suazo and Oskarsson found each other for the equalizer and Oskarsson made it 1-1.

MOM Oskarsson. Shots: Saints: 16/12 United 12/6

Tonight the season continues and first up is Fudges W.B.A at home, only a win will be needed but W.B.A arent that bad as the table and could surprise.

The Saints Gaffer

West Brom had a great night last night compaired with how the rest of the season has gone, 1st up was a trip to St Marys to meet up the the drunkard Southampton manager, After a tough match we managed to win by 2-1, a great result, Southampton were not their usual selfs, i am sure he will stay off the drink long enough to bring the team to the championship.

Next up was Wolves away, another though game, we managed to keep them at bay untill the 85th min, but then we replied 4 mins later, a 1-1 draw.

Next up was a home game v Chelski, I wasnt looking forward to this game, we are too weak at the back to handle chelsea, but we did and managed a 0-0 draw, considering the big losses we have had mid season this is much better from West Brom the safe zone id currently 12 points away and I wont be ble to claw that back, rebuilding for next season has already begun, a few new faces and quite a few leaving, but for us to be able to keep up at the EPL level and return, it is going to take some financial wizardry. I might just chance it and go for auto promotion in the 1st year down.

Also a quick word on my predictions for the season, Moncs looks like losing his job soon, Preston are really bad this season, maybe he should resign and get another team. Rab is doing well, being the most experienced player, he has a tough job ahead of him in the run in for the Div 1 championship, I cant see him failing, good luck Rab.

And now i have run out of time, ill post more later

LOL @ Bambi.....you are consistant mate I'll give you that.

Last nights session was the first for our three new starts who all made very impressive starts and look like they will all be players in this clan if they stick with us. The standout result was Gordons humping of Moncs 5-2 and boy did his mouse get some abuse I can tell you.

My session was devoted to trying to get through a spell without my injured Striker and star player Davy, it was pretty much draws all the way with the odd 3-0 win against Moncs Preston the only highlight icon_wink.gif. Once Davy was back though we put a nice wee run together even toppling Crewe who were top and 8pts clear of us in the pack at one point, so all in all not a bad night's work for Coventry.

As I said earlier in the thread my big fear is my nephew Craig's Villa team who were in great form for a while but slipped a wee bit late last night. They now sit a point above me with one game more played in 2nd place and the next session should be a doozy as we both fight to get the two auto spots with some stiff competition from some strong CPU teams. I fear for the safety of Moncs mouse if he does make the play offs tho......

badge.jpg

A BIG Scanland welcome to Dogs, Gordon and Mansku, I hope you all enjoyed your first night with the clan, and OJ has not put you off!! :-)

THE SCANLAND WEBSITE has now been updated with the details of our new members (Dogs excluded), and also with the latest league tables and latest Scanland News.

Sheff Utd report

H Gillingham 3-0

My first match for tonight, and I wasn't too sure if my tactics will work out the way I want to. We had a nice start for the game as Stan Lazaridis scored the first of the match on 6th minute. We were determined to get more goals, and on 66th minute Steve Kabba converted a penalty. MoM Kabba scored his second of the match at the end. Easy win, which we needed badly.

H Preston 3-1

Next one was against Moncs' Preston, who are looking for the playoff spot, and I am trying to stay clear of relegation. So I wasn't too confident when the match started. Things started to look good for my side on 41st minute when Jack Lester made it 1-0 for us (with some help from Preston's defender and goalie).

Score at HT 1-0. The start of the second half was a bit of a disaster for us as Eddie Lewis scored the equalizer from a freekick on 50th. (Nice strike ) At that point I was still happy for the result, point(s) I need and I still got atleast 1 from this match. But on 71st Lester scored his second of the match, making it 2-1 for us. Right in the end Richard Naylor made it 3-1. MoM was Michael Brown, assisting 2 goals.

A Sheff Wed 0-1

I knew that away games won't be a walk in a park, especially when playing a derby. Bit boring match actually, no good chances for neither of us. Score at HT 0-0. I was looking at a 0-0 draw, but something happened at 87th minute. Corner for Owls, and my right back Richard Dunne was unfortunate to deflect the ball to our net icon_mad.gif. Final score 0-1, MoM Shefki Kuqi.

Shots: Sheff W 9/3 Sheff U 4/3

H Wigan 3-0

Pretty easy match for us, thanks to MoM Richard Naylor for making 3 goals (25, 34 and 90..again a goal in the end). Both my strikers had a good night, Naylor scoring the goals and Kabba providing the chances.

A Ipswich 0-1

One thing I hate in CM are away games, other thing I hate is when opponent's gk decides to not to concede any goals.

10 mins from the start Marcus Bent made it 1-0, not the best start. But I was confident that we can make atleast 1 goal, but MoM Kelvin Davis disagreed, stopping all shots from us icon_mad.gif

Needless to say I was ****ed off after this match. Stan Lazaridis was also injured, he will be out for 3 monts attending physiotherapy.

shots: Ipswich 8/6 Sheff U 11/7

H Millwall 1-0

Next one was Dog's Millwall, venue Bramall Lane.

At this point I was confident that we will win this, after solid performances while playing home. Right before the end of the first half the ref gave us a penalty, and Kabba stepped up to hit the penalty. But MoM Stephen Mildenhall saved the penalty, but couldn't push the ball out of play. Rebound fell to Kabba, who had no problems bagging the rebound.

On second half both teams had some chances to make more goals, but gk's kept the score at 1-0 to the end.

H Rushden 2-0

Rushden, who is looking at relegation to div. 2 came for a visit to Sheffield. From the start this seemed like a walk in a park, but this wasn't one. Yes we had the chances but we couldn't make a goal until 70th minute when Kabba made it 1-0. 4 mins later we were given a freekick. Oskitz Estefania stepped up and struck a beautiful goal from 30 yards.

Rated 10, the MoM Estefania made a goal and assisted one. Too bad for me is that I loaned him from Saints

Gordon won't make it to tonight's session due to a harem of young ladies in Glasgow asking him to attend to their 'needs'.....his words not mine, but he will be back as normal on Monday.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

should you really be doing that with all the weird people on these forums? icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in anycase they don't have the password. icon_smile.gif

So last nights session was pretty eventful with Messenger being off for a good wee while but we all managed to get in and running eventually.

My worst nightmare has happened with Coventry as we have two games left of the season and we now have FOUR teams ALL on 80pts....My goal difference has me top but my next game is against my work colleague ( and very good pal) Gordon's Norwich, will he let me win ? Will he hell....and Villa's new manager Craig Smith II is also sitting on 80pts with the worst goal diff of us all, so his work is cut out for him.

The EPL race has hotted up with Sami going great guns in both the league and the Champions League, but I will leave the details to others. Oh and OJ is looking forward to a nice hat sandwiche despite his denials in this thread.....

badge.jpg

The website has now been updated with the latest news and tables.

Last nights session went well and we should finish the season next week and more than likely make a start into pre-season!!

A small amendment to the rules after tonights vote, If a manager is set to miss THREE or more sessions due to holidays/work etc then he is entitled to ask for a game break. This used to be TWO sessions but after discussion we found that we could have had LOTS of breaks.

The new rule was voted by the majority, its a hard one to set as some people did not want any breaks at all, and took the view if you missed a few sessions then tough. I can see both sides of the agrument however I think this is a fairer way.

Since we are on the subject of game breaks I may have to request one for w/c 5/4/04 and 12/4/04, as the first week is a family holiday and the second week I MAY be working in London, I will find out about London next week and update you all.

As the clan members know I will be away next week, so I wont be updating the clans website

so have fun!!!

OJ was in Rome to check out a nice big hat from that 'pope' fellow....he said he would miss tonights session and we were to say a wee prayer for him tonight before starting...icon_wink.gif

I spoke to Moncs via Email and he passed on his congrats to all the managers who achieved their goals this season. However I need to ask if the guys are ok with cancelling this coming Thurs session as the Celtic v Barca game is on TV and a few of the guys I have spoken with want to watch the game.

Any objections post here (assuming you can find the thread)

Very good point Razor...and Moncs has a game break for two weeks in April so what do we do ?

I am happy for thurs session to go ahead if you want. I will miss it as will others I suspect but when all is said and done it is not fair on the others who want to play but can't coz one (or two) members can't make it. I can feel a debate about to take place....but as Sami is hosting just now I think we will leave it to him as to whether we have a session on Thurs or not. The ongoing debate about breaks can be continued by others if they feel strongly enough.

Well I think it might be a wee bit obvious that most will be from North of the border mate....but I for one will not be playing on Thurs (so that is one for sure) and I suspect there may be another not playing ( I won't name and shame tho as that's not fair, besides when they don't turn up on Thurs you will know for sure)....anyone else joining in or are Razor and I the only two left contributing now !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>....anyone else joining in or are Razor and I the only two left contributing now !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Rab, i reckon Sami is still ****ed from winning the EPL,OJ is on a scouting mission in Rome (still trying to pick up a bargain AND TO FIND A NICE HAT TO BRING BACK!!!!), moncs is away,lister can't write to save his life, and the rest of Scotland canne read. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

So if im correct we will be missing:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Moncs

Rab

Alex

Craig ?

Fudge ?

that's 5/10...

If there's 4 missing i say we should play, (borderline call) but if there's 5 i think it's a no-show for tomorrow.

But in any case i can put the server on so the rest of the guys can do scouting etc.

Good plan Sami....we should maybe formalize it a wee bit as I reckon 50% not playing SHOULD be a cancelled session but I honestly do understand the wanting to play regardless of how many are there that some members feel.

badge.jpg

Good Afternoon from sunny Elephant and Castle in London.

As Rab says, Congratulations to all the guys who won leagues and cups (not that Im jealous or anything!! icon_rolleyes.gif)

As Rab has already informed you, due to a weeks family holiday and a week working in London (again) I have requested a game break for two weeks (w/c 5/4 and w/c 12/4)

I will be back next week, so speak to you all then.

Archived