The Scanland Clan

Well I hate to disagree with OJ (no honest I do !) but I have run the same starting save game under 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 and I get wildly different results from the ones OJ seems to be getting....I am NOT saying we should not use 4.1.4 but I do want to point out that some clan members are begining to lose faith in what is going on and are talking about quiting if we HAVE to start again (and yes LISTER is who I am talking about but I would point out that even one member quiting is NOT a good sign).

I will run another test with both patches from the same saved game and if anyone is interested I can post a summary here for others to make up their own minds.....

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes please Rab, that would be great!!!

We will start with 4.1.4 from tuesday anyway so save any confusion, and if there are issues then we can discuss them and decide.

IF we find that results/injuries are not what we are currently getting with 4.1.3 then we would restart with our last save under 4.1.3 which may be what Lister was meaning by start again, I can never understand what he means at the best of times but the point is that to some even playing 4.1.4 for a week and having to go back could be enough for them to decide to call it quits....

[This message was edited by Moncs on 18 January 2004 at 21:41.]

[This message was edited by Moncs on 18 January 2004 at 21:42.]

[This message was edited by Goldy on 25 January 2004 at 12:57.]

badge.jpg

Thanks guys, next time I'll try and make the pictures a little smaller.

Rab, sadly not eve I can make you higher in the league... try asking God, he's good at miracles!!!!

You twat Moncs !!!! I AM GOD.....or is it DOG, I get confused sometimes, I think I need a wee nap, that shoulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ok now that I have woke up again I can post my results to see what you guys think.

The test was based on the same saved game being played till 31st Dec under 4.1.3 then patching to 4.1.4 and completing the season, this was to see if the 2nd half of the season was different than the first. The 2nd save was run under 4.1.4 for a full season and I refer to it as save 2 (the other being save 1).

Save 1 (4.1.3 then 4.1.4)

My team Cambridge 3rd Div

Highest two scores 5-0 & 5-1

Highest scoring game 5-2

Top scoring Mids

EPL 29th with 10 goals & 33rd with 10 goals

1st Div 22nd with 14 & 38th with 10 goals

2nd Div 27th with 13 goals & 40th with 10 goals

3rd Div 32nd with 13 goals & 33rd with 10 goals

Conf 10th with 20 goals & 24th with 13 goals

Save 2 (4.1.4)

My team Cambridge 3rd Div

Highest two scores 9-0 & 5-0

Highest scoring game 9-0

Top scoring Mids

EPL 26th with 10 goals & 38th with 8 goals

1st Div 28th with 12 & 34th with 10 goals

2nd Div 24th with 14 goals & 31st with 12 goals

3rd Div 7th with 21 goals & 31st with 13 goals

Conf 25th with 12 goals & 29th with 12 goals

Conclusions ?? Well other than the very high 9-0 highest score not too much of a difference. Injuries were of no difference in either game and the top league scorers were about the same in each save. Now a happy bunny to continue with 4.1.4 and hope nothing goes wrong. I will be continuing the save 1 into a 2nd season to see if there are any probs with player history's.

Good to see you are fairly happy with the results Rab, and also thanks Mr X for telling your experiences. I also ran my holiday game through second season and like I said before, everything is fine and dandy. Player histories also were just as they should be. So, roll on Tuesday evening! icon_smile.gif

OJ - TOTTENHAM

Elite - SOUTHAMPTON

Craig - ASTON VILLA

[This message was edited by Moncs on 20 January 2004 at 23:07.]

[This message was edited by Goldy on 25 January 2004 at 12:57.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

And where is the 1st Div table ??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares mate? They're all ****é anyways. Except you, Rab. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

And where is the 1st Div table ??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its about 20x the size of the above photo for some weird unknown reason!!

badge.jpg

PRESTON - THE SEASON SO FAR

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS IN

Des Walker (Notts Forest) - £20k - A waste of money, playing in the reserves and retiring at the end of the season.

Jim Provett (Hartlepool) - £100k - 21 year old keeper with a big future ahead of him, playing very well in the reserves.

Ian Dawes (Liverpool) - £100k - Outstanding midfielder, and at only 19 he has had plenty first team action this season.

Franciso Pavon (Motagua) - £120k - Houduran IT, who has still to find his hooting boots at Preston, but given time to settle in he will.

Omar Dailey (Portmore Utd) - FREE - Jamician IT, flying attacking midfielder who has been a regular in the first team

Diego A Mejia (Alianza) - £250k - Powerful forward who still has to start a game, still only 21 so plenty time yet to prove himself.

Paul Tierney (Man Utd) - £250k - Utility defender who has came in when required and done a job, big future as he is only 21.

Niklas Skoog (Malmo) - £500k - Big money signing, Large powerful Swedish IT centre forward who is still to find his form and the net.

Ian Pearce (West Ham) - £150k - Uncomprimising defender, experience as well and a great addition to the squad.

PLAYERS OUT

Eric Skora Sochaux £350k

Dickson Etuhu Southampton £1.3M

Michael Jackson Swindon £ 80k

Kelvin Longmead Cardiff £ 20k

Graham Alexander Brighton £ 8k

George Curwan Burton Albion £ 2k

George Koumantarkis FREE

Powell Abbott FREE

Lee Briscoe FREE

Lee Cartwright FREE

THE LEAGUE CAMPAIGN

The league started off in uninspiring fashion, with a 1-1 draw against Fudges WBA, that was a sign of things to come over the first few months of the season, and after 10 games Preston were sitting in 10th place. The board and fans were wanting a midtable position and at this point in time thats what they were getting. Mid september saw Preston go on a 8 match unbeaten run with some fine results against Sunderland and Burnley.

Sitting 6th in the table and looking good for a play-off place and high on confidence, then came a visit to Razor's high flying West Ham, and disaster struck, a 5-1 defeat stopped Preston in their tracks.

Things soon picked up again and with 27 games played Preston are sitting a pretty 4th in the table only 9 points off top spot. Riding high on a 10 game unbeaten league run, the players and fans are hopeful that they can maintain this form and at least get a play-off place at the end of the season, but Preston's boss Moncrieff is aiming higher than that..

HE WANTS THE TITLE!!!!

THE CUPS

LEAGUE CUP

1st Round saw a fine 1-0 away win against Walsall with Ricardo Fuller scoring a header from close range.

2nd Round saw an easy 5-0 hammering of lowly Bournemouth, with again Fuller scoring, but MOM Cresswell helping himself to a hat-trick and Neil Mellor grabbing the other one

3rd Round handed me a very tricky home tie against EPL side Manchester City, but goals from Fuller and a double from Mellor gave Preston a fantastic 3-1 win.

4th Round and Preston was paired against Chesterfield from Division 2, what seemed an easy game on paper from far from that, Chesterfield had already knocked out EPL sides Bolton and Newcastle, and Preston could not break them down and we went out 4-3 on penalties.

F.ACUP

3rd Round and a tricky away tie against EPL side Portsmouth, and tricky was the word, falling behind to an early goal, Cresswell levelled things in 12 mins, then the floor fell away with Portsmouth running out easy 6-1 winners.

THE PLAYERS

GK Gould

RB Pearce

LB Tirney

CD Kennedy

CD Lucketti (cpt)

RM Daley

LM Lewis

CM Dawes

CM Keane

CF Cresswell

CF Fuller

With the three main strikers Fuller, Mellor and Cresswell all scoring the majority of goals, its hard to find the perfect balance.

Keane and Dawes provide a stable midfield with Daley and Lewis providing the creativity on the wings.

Pearce has added a bit of steel to the defence and with Kennedy who is currently on loan from Celtic but will join permanently at the end of the season and Lucketti in defence, very few teams will find a way through.

In goals at the moment is Gould, only because first choice keeper Lucas has went through a bad spell.

The Coventry update is a bit less in content than the above post, mostly because I do not intend to make the same mistake this time as last time and get promoted too early !! Now I know the other clan members are going to rubbish this claim that I am trying to NOT go up but it is the truth (trust me I'm a technician).

The problems I faced last time was the wage bill (mainly down to Gary Mc) and the lack of quality in key areas which I solved via loans, however this time I do not want to make that mistake and am trying to use this season to judge my squad over a longer period to see where I will need to strengthen next season. I have spent all my cash (a total of £180,000) for this season so am relying more on my current crop of youngsters than big name signings like the others.

I am however keen to scour the lower leagues for decent players as that's the part of the game I have always enjoyed.....anyway more to come later.

We do have room if your interested....we play on Mondays & Thursdays from 7pm till 10.30 - 11pm. Contact Moncs as he is the Clan Host. His email address is in his profile.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Life Is To Short To Be Taken Seriously:

Is this clan taking people at the moment and if so what times do you play at? Sorry for wasting your time if your not taking anyone. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, as Rab says we are always looking for SERIOUS and COMMITED CM players to join our clan. Please drop me a e-mail (check my profile) with your name/PC Spec / Internet Connection details and MSN name then we can sort something out.

WEST HAM UNITED UPDATE.........

Since the last update west ham's season has gone to pieces at bit, although still top of division 1,(all be it WBA have a game in hand) they are now leeking in gaols and losing games, the worst being in their last game away to reading (4-0).

They are now out of the F.A.CUP losing to Hull in a replay who then went on to beat Newcastle.

Simon White has managed to sell a couple of players so that he could bring in Wimbledon's Nigel Reo-Coker for 500K (Just like real life) Arsenal's Justin Hoyte for 140K and Sinama-Pongolle on loan from Liverpool.

In the next few weeks we have Nott's Forest who are in 7th, And main rivals W.B.A (2nd) at home, this will see weather west ham are good enough to go up at the 1st attempt.

Simon white belives there are mind games going on with the other managers, cos they say that they don't want to go up this year and are not ready for the EPL, well this is his reaction:

When we enter a new season the thing that most chairman want is to get promoted, there is no way we can build a team for the EPL and still be in Div 1 . Simon white belives that all the managers want to go up in the big time other wise they would be playing their reserves each week.

Anyway W.B.A will go up with the Hammers As for the play-offs that is wide open........

See you all soon for the next update....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by razor123:

_WEST HAM UNITED UPDATE........._

Simon white belives there are mind games going on with the other managers, cos they say that they don't want to go up this year and are not ready for the EPL, well this is his reaction:

When we enter a new season the thing that most chairman want is to get promoted, there is no way we can build a team for the EPL and still be in Div 1 . Simon white belives that all the managers want to go up in the big time other wise they would be playing their reserves each week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The logic these geezers have of not being good enough for the EPL is somewhat weird, IF they really wouldnt be good enough they wouldnt even get promoted and if they would reach the EPL, what's the harm? some more money? [sarcasm mode on] that would really suck...[sarcasm mode off]

The Saint Gaffer

The Progress

We are lying in 8th spot with only 3 points behind a CL qualifying spot which would basically be like a championship for us.

The season is past the halfway point and the only thing im not happy with are the occasional catastrophical matches where we are leading but then lose because the defence kind of stops from existing. the two matches i have in mind are the ones against charlton and newcastle.

both away matches and the first half being a class act from our behalf, but when the second half begins the guys are mentally totally gone. in the charlton game we were leading 0-2 and lost 4-2.

THE FURY

but the match against newcastle made me absolutely furious icon_mad.gif. we led 0-2 at ht. they came one goal closer but we made it 1-3. then they scored 3 goals making it 4-3 just at the end. well i was boiling but during my cursing my guys pulled out an equaliser directly from ko and i was somewhat relieved, this was during injury time. but what happens next? newcastle answers with scoring straight from ko and makes it 5-4 and the final whistle comes directly after that... havent hated cm that much in ages. gave me a headache again now remembering that match. well life goes on.

Fixtures

The League:

A Leeds 1-2

A Newcastle 4-5 icon_mad.gificon13.gif

H Man City 3-0

A Birmingham 4-2

A Arsenal 0-3 Henry scores a hat-trick icon13.gif

H Liverpool 3-1

A Chelsea 0-2

H Bolton 7-1

The League Cup

4th Round H Liverpool 1-0

Qtr Final A Chesterfield 4-0

Semi Final Leg 1 H Sunderland 0-0

FA Cup

3rd Round H Stoke 5-0

4th Round H Blackburn 3-2

So the season continues tonight with epl fixture against Wolves away. Will only be happy with 3 points.

The Saints Gaffer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Simon white belives that all the managers want to go up in the big time other wise they would be playing their reserves each week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rab Sinclair belives that Razor is a numpty !!!

The Progress

The league is unbelivably tight behind the top two as you all can see. Lying in the 9th position but with a match in hand. If we would win that match we could even end up in the 4th spot. Pretty exciting stuff i must say.

The Fury

Had a back to back matchup against ManU, first in the FA Cup, which was an away fixture, then a league fixture at home. Lost both of them 1-2, but IMHO we deserved better in both games. Had two goals ruled out in the FA Cup match but the league match made me boil again. icon_mad.gif We wanted a quick revenge because of the FA Cup match but...

First of all we had 23 shots, 12 on goal, they had 4 shots, 3 on goal and they had Silvestre sent off. Well i would have been pretty unhappy with the draw but the goal they made, surprise surprise, in injury time was a pretty cheap one. They had a freekick deep in their own half and Wes Brown took it. He just kicked it up and it was going into the box where one of my defenders and RvN fought over the ball. Well either of them got to the ball and the ball kept going and went in! A stunned Niemi in the goal, a more stunned crowd and a raving Saints manager pulling out his hair and cursing and crying in the dugout while the United players celebrated and Sir Alex chuckled. Lucky *******s. icon_mad.gif

January transfers

We made two deals just before the january transfer window closed. Got a defender, De La Cuesta for €1.5M, and Vampeta which cost me a ridicilous €775k.

The squad depth is now much better and im pretty happy with it. Need to eye on a keeper next summer as even though Niemi is masterful, i need a backup as Paul Jones aint gonna be around for much longer. The ideal signing would be a pretty young promising keeper who would take over from Niemi when hes career comes to an end.

The Fixtures

The League

A Wolves 4-0

A Middlesbrough 3-0

H Man Utd 1-2

The League Cup

Semi Final Leg 2 A Sunderland 3-2 aggregate 3-2

The FA Cup

5th Round A Man Utd 1-2

Uefa Cup

3rd Round Leg 1 A Sochaux 4-2

Next game will be the League Cup Final against Chelsea. Would be nice to win it even though it is only the League Cup.

Roll on thursday

The Saints Gaffer

Tottenham report

Things are looking fairly good in the league for the Spurs, currently on the 8th place in a very tight league. We were on the 4th spot for a long time but some poor results of late have seen us drop a bit further down the table. We have a good team for this season but the constant worrying factor for me is that we have very little squad depth and if many injuries occur we might be in big trouble. We've had a preview if this, as just last week we had two huge injury blows, Freddie Kanoute and Helder Postiga got injured and the post match medical exam shocked us all: Kanoute out for 4 weeks and Postiga for 6 months! This means we currently have only 2 strikers available for the first team, Robbie Keane and Bobby Zamora, and I'm praying every day that they stay healthy. Though with Kanoute also out, Zamora now gets his chance to shine and really has an excellent opportunity to convince me of his talent. In the Fa Cup things are looking good, we are through to the 6th round where we'll face Middlesbrough at home, our next game. On the 5th round we demolished the star-studded Chelsea team at home and ran out as easy winners with the final score being 4-1. And they did play their best players. We've now already beaten them twice this season and these kind of results show that we have the potential to compete with the best teams in the League.

Our latest 10 fixtures have been:

Middlesbrough A 2-3

Man Utd H 3-0

Aston Villa A 1-1

Leeds H 2-0

Q.P.R. H 1-0 Fa Cup 4th round

Everton H 2-1

Fulham A 0-2

Blackburn H 0-0

Chelsea H 4-1 Fa Cup 5th round

Charlton A 2-1

Despite the slump in form, our aim this season is to finish above the 6th place. And next with the help of our great Bosman signings, compete for a CL spot.

That's all for now, The Spurs gaffer.

The Coventry Saga continued...

I admit to feeling a bit of a fraud with my current Coventry team as I have used the experiences gained from our original clan game to approach this squad in a different manner. That said I don't feel too bad about it as this team feels different from our original game. One main difference is that last time I had to bring in on loan a goalscorer where this time I have a goal machine in Gary McSheffrey already valued at £2 million (hands off OJ & Fudge !!).

While on the subject of other human players teams, does anyone outwith the clan know for sure if shortlisting a human players player has an effect on morale ?? OJ keeps insisting we other players remove his players from our shorlist as it is affecting them.....anyone have proof one way or the other ?

It may or may not affect them. But the reason why I wanted them removed is that I don't want that damn WNT to show there all the time because I'm most certainly not selling, and sometimes I forget that and check if a comp team is interested. That's why. icon_smile.gif

With regard to the shortlisted players, IRL a player can be shortlisted by a club for a long time, so as i have said before id rather we stayed with the spirit of the game and played the game using as much of the realism as we can.

THE SAINTS

The Progress

Not so many games played since the last report but some anyway. We are in a 5th spot at the moment and a CL spot is quite possible, That would really make my day if we made it.

Squad Fitness

This is something that needs to be taken care of during the pre-season. The lads are quite tired at the moment, especially Beattie. The guys dont have the basic fitness i demand from my squad. But on the otherhand im totally with the FA who is willing to test how a mid-season break would work out. The guys really need a break. As Beattie,my fans favourite said in his weekly BBCi column, a break is needed physically, and especially mentally. All credits to Svennis for making it happen.

Possible Transfers

In my last report i stated that im looking for a young Gk to possibly take over from Niemi in the future. Well i seem to have a poor memory as i noticed during our last session that i had agreed on a summer transfer for K.Schmeichel from Man City. So i think i have that sorted out. But not sure if im brave enough to only have him for valid backup, maybe a more experienced Gk is needed? We'll see.

The Fixtures

League

H Tottenham 2-1

A Everton 2-0

H Fulham 2-0

Uefa Cup

H Sochaux 3rd Round Leg.2 3-0 (aggr. 7-2)

A Parma 4th Round Leg.1 2-1

The League Cup

N Chelsea THE FINAL 4-0 icon_cool.gif

Silverware

We landed the first silverware after a totally convincing performance and gave the expenssivly assembled Chelsea no chance. The fans sang Sami Ervasti's name and it was a special moment, EVEN though it was only the League Cup, but we were happy and most people associated with the club had a hangover the next day.

But we have already forgotten that and looking ahead. There is one silverware that is still possible to win this season and thats the Uefa Cup, now that would be a dream ending to the season now wouldnt it?

The Saints Gaffer

There is a bit of a debate within the clan just now as to whether a player should be allowed to purchase another players under 17 players. The other topic is whether if asked you should have to remove another players player from your shortlist. Far to many players in those sentences for my liking but I think the clan members should vote in this thread as to how they stand and IF Moncs as Clan Host agrees then we should stick to the majority decision.

I am against my under 17 players being poached by other human managers but am for keeping players on my shortlist regardless of which team they play for.

Feel free to vote but be aware until Moncs decides it is only speculation.

Well, previously I was against poaching other people's U17 players but don't really care anymore how it goes, since I'm likely to gain if we can poach the players cause I have the biggest club reputation along with Elite's Saints. And if it's decided we can poach the players, I'm coming for your youth, people. icon_wink.gif

www.universal-it-solutions.co.uk\badge.jpg

ok then, lets vote for these issues once and for all.

ISSUE ONE

UNDER 17's

Should human managers be allowed to purchase other human managers Under 17 players?

ISSUE TWO

SHORTLIST

Should human managers be allowed to place other human managers players on their shortlist?

ISSUE THREE

HUMAN HOLIDAYS

When ANY human manager cannot make a schduled night of player because of holidays or work commitments, then that night should be postponed. Everyone has built up their team and has them playing the way they want, and the assistant manager has been known to sell start players and change tactics etc when in charge. However if the absent manager is happy for the other to continue without him then thats fine. You are basically voting YES to postpone or NO to continue without the absent manager

MAJORITY WINS

ISSUE ONE

UNDER 17's

I VOTE YES

ISSUE TWO

SHORTLIST

I VOTE YES

ISSUE THREE

HUMAN HOLIDAYS

I Vote NO, this is because i am away at least 2 nights a week and i cannot be at all the nights all the time, i do not want to hold my fellow clan members back, its easy enough to plan ahead and make any changes you need to do.

Archived