Official FMELClan 06 Thread.....The 3rd Outing

wiganig5.gif

Wigan Aquire Wondermaker!

Wigan have today captured the signature of manager Ant Banach who was looking for a club after his Derby County contract expired back in June.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wigan Spokesman: "Today is a great day for Wigan Athletic, we can confirm that Ant Banach has joined us as head team coach, we feel this is a step in the right direction for now and for the future of the club. We felt Banach was the right man for the job as he plays a very attacking way and we want to bring attractive football and plenty of goals back to the JJB Stadium" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Banach had little to say as he entered the JJB Stadium for the first time.

Reporter: How do you feel about being the new manager of Wigan?

"Im pleased, very pleased to get back into managment so quick after leaving Derby, this club are terrific! The Fans, The Stadium, The Players, everything i could have wished for, i intend to take this club as far as i can, that includes this season, we will beat Chelsea both games and destroy there title hopes"

Reporter: "How do you feel about the players at the club now?"

Goalkeepers

Jefferson - Im sure we have got a save pair of hands between the sticks in Jefferson, he has all the makings to be a top keeper and i sure he will be at this club, although he has asked to be transfer listed, i denied his request saying that we need to keep our best players in order to progress.

Líbis Andrés Arenas - Backup goalkeeper currently, havent seem to much of him yet, but im sure if given a chance he will take it at only 23 he has a long career at this club.

Jerzy Dudek - My first signing at the club, Jerzy was signed for 2 reasons, 1 to provide cover if everything goes Pete Tong with the other goalkeepers and secondly as my new goalkeeping coach come the end of the season when he gets all of his fifa badges.

Luke Woodward - One of the brightest prospects at the club currently, I've sent him out on loan to Barnsley this season to gather himself first team football & experience, this lad will achieve great things if he continues to progress the way he is.

Other Goalkeepers

Paul Willis - Transfer Listed

Defenders

Thomas Mangani - Thomas is a superb defender who has it all, althought a little slow, he makes up for it in other areas, he will feature fluently in the first team this season.

Anton Ferdinand - Another defender of immense quality will probably partner Mangani at the back for the majority of the season if all goes to plan

Olaf Rompelberg - Not to sure on this one just yet, very quick defender, has represented his country at under 21 level alot, will see how he performs for Wigan.

Adriano Adriano is my first choice Right Back for the coming season, he's been at Wigan for a few seasons now and has performed very well, at 28 starting to get on a bit, but i have every faith in him to continue to his best.

Danny Muijs - Another young Dutchman amongst the ranks, this guy is very versatile he can play on either the left or right side of defence and is either footed so could be used as a rotation player this season.

Nehemias Zelaya - Weirdest named player in the club, from El Salvador, Zelaya is a right sided player who can play right back or right midfield, backup for Adriano currently.

Darijo Srna - Another versatile player, who can play a number of positions, currently playing left back until we can find a more suitable replacment, Srna does not feature in my long term plans and is available for transfer away from Wigan.

Antonio De Angelis - Only 19 and this little italian is already featuring in my first team plans, looks set to have a bright future on the right side of my midfield.

Jaime Alberto Castrllón - Another player who does not feature in my first team plans, and ultimately is transfer listed seeking his way away from the JJB Stadium.

Luke Joyce - Had alot of interest from other clubs about this young lad, another who looks set to have a future within the club, The central midfielder is currently available for loan to gain experience.

Falzi Kocabas - Extremely talented belgian guy, currently unhappy at the amount of players at the club in his position, looks promising for this season.

Mark van Bommel - Gives that team the bit of experience they're looking for, wont feature every game but is the leading force, currently the club captain.

Fellype Gabriel - Another versatile player who can play anywhere across the midfield, Brazilian born signed for Wigan in 2006 for 7.5m

Issiar Dia - Been chasing this player for a few years now, couldnt agree terms at Derby but i finally snapped him up for around 2.7m was the top scorer in French football the previous season.

Simon Vukcevic - Probably the most influencial player at the club, can make anything happen, very skilled on the left side of midfield, a joy to watch.

Strikers

Alexis Sánchez - Will play on the left side of my front 3, still young and wonderfully talented, expecting special things to come out of this boys bum.

LENNY - Most naturaly gifted player to walk the grass of the JJB Stadium, can make anything happen in an instant, scores goals for fun and can run it round anyone, definately one to watch this season, and oh yeh... he aint for sale!!

Cameron Jerome - Will be used as backup for the main 3 this season.

Adam Boyd - Again backup for the main 3 strikers.

Carlos Vela - Young mexican striker with brilliant stats, looks to have it all and still on 21, this strikeforce will be one to watch this coming season!

With not much money in the kitty, players were hard to attract with little money to offer them for wages & the clubs for transfer fee's..

Gary Hogg was first signed on a free a young centre back, followed by Stuart Welsh a quick forward who has been dubbed as the next Michael Owen.

Chris Miller another youngster was secured for £110,000 from Colchester.

One of my young derby player Lee Briggswas next to be added to the Wigan ranks finally Issiar Dia was secured for £2,700,000 after years of trying for him.

Mostly Free Transfers left the club

Zander Diamond went to Newcastle for £5,750,000

Robertinho went to Dajeon for £2,000,000

Alan Mahon went to Doncaster for £1,500,000

Jonas Elmer went to FC Dallsd for £500,000.

This was Pre-Season out the way and the Premiership just about to begin...

Premiership opening games report to follow soon.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evertonhq9.gif

Everton make Champions League lalalalala icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yes after a great first season in charge of Everton football club I managed to guide them to 3rd place in the premiership, 3 points behind 2nd place Chelsea and there multi million pound squad. Everton are just two qualifying games away from next season’s Champions League for only their second time in recent years..

Victory over Newcastle at Goodison all but ensured we couldn’t be caught in third spot and meant the Goodison faithful was in a dream world. So it’s fair to say that the lads put in a big push to finish the job as quickly as possible and that meant with Sunday last game of the season against Mike Law Ipswich was one of the most important games for this club in recent history. This like a lot of Everton game this season was a tight affair but we managed to sneak a 1-0 victory to confirm 3rd place. As it turned out both Man City and Newcastle lost there final games of the season so we would have made 3rd place even without winning.

The red hordes are probably still celebrating there league win, but it will be Everton who are likely to join them playing Champions League football next term if they can see off a team in the early knockout rounds.

King said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we can qualify for the group stage it will give us and the supporters a big boast going into next season. It’s only when we have got what we want that you can start to relax, so we must keep going and make sure that the job is done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership place: 3rd

League Cup: 4th Rd

FA Cup: Semi final

highest fee spend: Darren Bent 7 million

highest fee received: Matt Allen 2.4 million

Manager of the month: 2

Number of players brought: 9

Number of players sold: 7

Total value of players brought: 13.5 million

Total value of players sold: 7.2 million

Players stats..

Goals

1st. D Bent 34

2nd. Miguel 10

3rd. M Arteta9

4th= P Hopkins 8

4th= T Cahill 8

4th= D Cearense 8

Average Rating..

1st. D Bent 7.43

2nd. M Silvestre 7.42

3rd. M Arteta 7.30

4th. D Cearense 7.29

5th. T Cahill 7.28

Most App..

1st. G Johnson 46

2nd. D Bent 45 (1)

3rd. W Gallas 45

4th. R Carvalho 41

5th. D Cearense 38 (2)

Most Asts.

1st. E Rubio 16

2nd. Miguel 15

3rd. D Bent 13

4th. M Arteta 11

5th. T Cahill 6

Man of the match..

1st=. M Arteta 5

1st=. D Bent 5

3rd=. Miguel 3

3rd=. G Johnson 3

3rd=. T Cahill 3

3rd=. W Gallas 3

Everton Team

GK S Bolat

RB G Johnson

LB W Gallas

CB R Carvalho©

CB M Silvestre

DMC D Cearense

MC T Cahill

MC M Arteta

FL Miguel

FC D Bent

FR Rubio

SB1 R Wright

SB2 A Luque

SB3 P Hopkins

SB4 M Thompson

SB5 A Carbone

Now we are going to take a look and see how some of my buys have done on there first season at the club

Cristiano Zanetti on a free.

Wasn’t really Zanetti fault that he couldn’t get into the team this year ahead of D Cearense. Only played a hand full of games. Miss

Thomas Hubschaman on a free..

Thomas was in and out of the team most of the season and never hit the form I know he can. He was prone to the odd mistake which cost us vital goals. Miss

Ricardo Carvalho from Chelsea for 1.5 Million.

Ricardo was the bedrock of the Everton defence, who didn’t put a foot wrong all season. I just wish he was a few years younger but this season that didn’t count against him this year as he was one of the fittest men on the field. Major Hit

Loic Nester on a free.

Nestor is one for the future so he didn’t play much this season but the couple of games he did play you could see the young lads class. Jury still out

Dudu Cearense on a free

This guy oozed class in the middle of the park with great passing and an eye for goal even at a long distance. The guy could also hit a mean free kick and was a major put of Everton success this season. Major Hit

Sianan Bolat from Charleroi for 1m

Bolat was a good solid young keeper who was prone to the odd mistake but he will get even better with age. Hit

Albert Luque from Newcastle for 3.5m

Luque scored some vital goals after we signed him in January but he is getting on like most of the Everton team. Hit

Well I'm pleased to finish the season in 3rd place in the premiership and hopefully Goodison Park will see Champion league football next year if we can get passed the qualifying phase. The fans and board are looking forward to the bright new era with me as there manager and there dreaming this could be the start of something special, but a word of warning to the fans as they only have to look at the last time Everton made the Champions League and we all know what happened thereicon_frown.gif

More later icon_wink.gif

Top quality reports you lot also liking my prediction of 11th hopefully can finish around there but wouldnt hold your breath im going for europe baby icon_razz.gif

Have a good weekend guys and there is an airport somewhere in Plymouth.......................i think icon_biggrin.gif

<Holds Up Hiis 17th Bottle Of San Miguel>

Tell you what lads, it ain´t half hot here in Magaluf icon_smile.gif

All the beautiful women must be messing with my mind though as i´m sure i´ve just read about 15 reports icon_smile.gif

Keep up the good work, GOD will be back fighting in the Championship on monday......

That reminds me, my Assistant needs a new contract icon_smile.gif

cityhp0.gif

New Manager , New Season , New Beggining . . .

With the arrival os new manager Sandy Pettigrew has came a swift change in management style. Pettigrew has chucked out the dead wood of his squad and brough in a whole nwe breed of players to Manchester City and a new attacking free flowing samba football. Since Pettigre's arrival around 20 players have been axed and the most notable player axed was Michael Carrick but Pettigrew has signed replacements for most of them including players like Simao and Roman Bednar joining the club.

Up and coming season

Pettigrew's objectives are clear this season as he had this to say.

There is no reason we can not win the league and challenge in Europe this season as i believe the team I have built is fantastic and can go the whole season. Pettigrew also let slip that he has around 10 million pounds left to spend and will be looking to bring in a class central midfielder.

Man City's Predicted line up for the season

GK - Benoit Costil

DR - Tomas Hubschman

DL - Loe Bing

DC - Masiello

DC - Svensson

DM - Rodolfo Soars

MC - Rinaldo Cruzado

MC - Carlos Alberto

FC - Cesar Delgado

FC - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

FC - Giorgias Samaras

Well the coming season looks bright for Man City lets just hope all goes well icon_biggrin.gif

evertonhq9.gif

As one season ends another begins

Hello Danny. How do you rate last season?

Last season has been one of best Everton have seen in a long time, we build up good rhythm at the early stage. Everyone seemed to think that last season under Klinsmann was a step backwards and the club needed a fresh face to give the team new direction. Looking at the league table at the end of season certainly brought a smile to my face. We never actually went top of the table because Liverpool were too strong this season but I feel next season we can add some class players to the team and close that gap.. I knew that at the start of the season there were some very good teams and managers in this league, so warned the players they needed to give 100%. Gallas, Johnson and Carvalho have won a title before with there previous club and they added vital experience to this new look Everton team.

Which players in particular have you heavily relied upon last season?

I wouldn’t say that we have heavily relied on anyone, though maybe at the early part of the season we relied on Bent to much to supply the goals but that isn’t the case no more. Cahill is also a fantastic talent and Arteta has been in great form as well.

How important is your captain Ricardo Carvalho to you? And to what extent does his influence extend to tactical decisions in the dressing room?

Ricardo is big player for this club, both on and off the field. I’ve already said it this season but any young lad wanting to learn from someone could look at no one better than Ricardo. He is what Everton is all about, passion, dedication and commitment to the cause. Obviously Ricardo has input into the team as he is the captain and he sees and hears things that go on during the game but he has never once come up to me and said this is how I think or should play. Everyone looks up to him in the dressing room as he is a leader. Never would I allow players to dictate tactics to me. At the end of the day, the final decision comes down to my coaching staff and me, always has and always will.

The Everton Evening Times recently reported that you had scouts in Manchester last week to check on Manchester City Scottish Craig Gordon. Is he a potential future target?

Ok you got me there; I can tell you that a deal has been done to sign Craig for around 4.4 million which was very good timing because Manchester City have just appointed a new manager and I’m sure he wouldn’t have wanted a player of that class leaving the club.

Your stadium is always sold out, but the atmosphere is not always as lively as it painted out. Do you back the campaign for singing sections of the stadium?

I don’t think designating singing sections is a good idea. In fact, I think its one of the worst ideas I’ve heard in a long time. You can’t ask fans to sing, they pay their money and sing if they want or not. As for our fans, I wouldn’t swap them for anyone else’s. The 2nd from last home game against Newcastle was a fantastic atmosphere.

There have been accusations that Glenn Johnson is not the world class player a Premiership winning team needs. How do you respond to that?

These accusations really upset me, not on my behalf but on Glenn Johnson. What people don’t seem to realize is that we came 3rd in the premiership with Johnson playing every game for us. He will be the first to admit he isn’t world class but then again how many players are? What Glenn is, is a good honest pro who has worked hard at his game since I’ve been here.

Given the choice, which current Premiership player would you sign for your team

I’m very happy with the squad I have got here. If you were to push me then I would say I would go for someone like Spurs forward Fred. He is what being a goal scorer all is about

In your youth team have you got any future stars?

As you ask there is a special talent who I have just signed for the youth team. All the coach’s agree this kid can become the next Diego Maradona with his awesome pace, eye for goal and technical ability. His name of course is 15 year old Danny King icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif.

New signings

New Everton signing Dick Kuyt's has revealed that he is reveling in his time with the Merseyside club. The Holland international forward moved to Goodison Park from Middlesbrough in July on a free and Kuyt, 29, admits that the reception he has received from the players and fans alike have made him feel like he has been at the club for years.

Kuyt said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I want to say how pleased I am to have joined a great club like Everton. I knew it was a big club before I signed but having been here for a few weeks now, I am beginning to realize that it's not just big, it is top, top quality too. I am having a brilliant time so far. I can't speak highly enough about the team spirit here at Everton. I couldn't imagine finding a better set of lads in any club in the whole country. As soon as I walked through the door I was given a friendly welcome by everyone and that has made things so enjoyable. It feels like I've been here for ages because the team is like a family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other Transfers In…..

Stephen Elliot from Sunderland for Free.

Last season I was a little short up front with only Bent and Carbone, my two out and out forwards. This was a great bargain to for Everton with no transfer fee paid.

Riccardo Montolivo from Fiorentina for Free.

Riccardo is a good attacking midfield player with an eye for goal. I’m sure with the amount of injuries I get in a season that Riccardo will get his chance to show the Everton faithful what he can do.

Craig Gordon from Manchester City for 4.4 million

Craig Gordon is a world class goal keeper and to date the only player I have paid a transfer fee this season. Young Sinan Bolat done a fine job in goal last season but Craig is a step up in class.

Halil Altintop from Schalke for Free.

Halil is a class addition to the midfield area that can also play up front. His already shown in pre season he has an eye for goal.

Dede from Dortmund for Free.

Dede has been one of the world’s finest left backs for the past decade and I’m proud that he decided to join Everton.

Mauro Esposito from Wigan for Free.

Esposito will be useful backup for the first team, who can play on either wing and with Champions League this season will feature in a lot of games.

Evandro Roncatto from Middlesbrough for Free.

The second of the Brazilian to join Everton this season and we had to battle Ipswich for his signature. The lure of European football and a large pay packet helped make up his mind. He didn’t play much for Boro last season but once his back to match fitness I’m sure he will be a useful addition to the team.

Andrea Barzagli from Palermo for Free.

Andrea is one of Italy’s finest defenders and again we had a battle for his signature, this time it was against AC Milan and Dortmund. He will form a solid partnership with Carvalho and it will take a lethal forward to beat them on there day.

Ugur Yildirim from Heerenveen for Free.

Ugur is another useful addition to the Everton team who can play either on the right side of midfield or up front.

Also there have been a few Transfers out to balance the books.

Transfers Out…..

Wesley Van Leeuwen to Sheff Utd for 2 million.

With Glenn Johnson doing a fine job at right back last season I chose to cash in with Wesley. 2 million for a player that only played half a dozen games last season is good business.

Tomas Hubschman to Man City Utd for 4.3 million.

Thomas had a bad season last term so a few weeks before I received an offer from Manchester City I was offering him out for 2 million. Then a new boss is appointed at City and a straight cash offer 4.3 was put in. I was a little surprised icon_eek.gif but I clicked the accept button as fast as I could icon_cool.gif.

Mohammad Nosrati to AZ Utd for 500K.

Mohammad was another defender who wasn’t need at the club, he who was prone to the odd defensive error.

William Gallas to Middlesbrough Utd for 2.5 million.

Gallas had a great season last term but with money being tight I couldn’t allow a 33/34 year old to draw 50k per week in wages. I wish I could have kept Gallas for one more season but the offer was too good to turn down.

Johann Davidsen to Southampton for 500K

Johann is a good young defender and maybe given the right training and time could have become a first team player but I did feel there were better options out there.

Also 22 youth and reserve team player were given free transfer in a bid to cut down on the wages icon_smile.gif.

So the season begins

Danny King men entertain Plymouth at away on the first day of the season before a home tie to Bolton and Sheffield Untied.

The Plymouth clash is a good one, it will be a good test," said King. We had them on the early part of last season and beat them 2-1 so a repeat would be nice. It will be interesting, if we can make a good start and then finish like we did last season then you never know icon_smile.gif.

Come on the Toffees icon_smile.gif

village3hz8.gif

Fanzone - In Focus With Brendan Lacey

Hello Brendan, a big welcome to you from our fanzone readers

Hi, thank you very much, its nice to be here, the place is very lush all together, im glad to be finally able to kick back my feet for a few minutes and chat, ha, havent been had a chance since i got to villa...also if it gets you guys off my answering machine, well, all the better *winks* icon_smile.gif

Haha ok, good to hear, so you brought it up, how are you enjoying life at Villa? how does it feel to be back in the Premiership?

It feels great, obviously i can feel the pressure of the limelight once again, but its nice, ive missed the excitement, there's nowhere quite like the English premiership to ply your trade icon_smile.gif. Im really enjoying life at Villa at the moment, its a great club that has many great things going for it. The facilities are wonderful and we really enjoyed the pre-season in Switzerland, the camp there is like nothing Ive ever seen before. I feel were all bonding really well. Everythings going well.

How do you feel about your squad now? we now you made a few signing before the end of last season, how have those players came into your squad, plus the players you have signed over the summer?

Well theyve all settled in excellently so far, were still finding our shape you know, finding our unique system, were trying things and different players, but everyone is settling into life at the club well. Ive been really impressed. The squad itself, im happy, ill be honest, im not extatic yet, its still needs work and there will be more changes to come over the season, but with a few new members of staff behind the scenes, i feel training has come on loads, and now were ready to really bring on the players we have, until I can get what Im looking for. The squad is nearly complete mind you, weve got a few excellent youngsters coming in, and cover all through the team, this squads main asset is its depth in quality. Of course we have one or two special players as well which helps *winks*

Your desicion to sell Kerlon for 6m has come under heavy criticsm from some sections of Villa fans, anything to share?

Well i could nay force the player to stay, he heard Madrid were interested and that was that, the fee was smaller than we wanted yes, but there are a few clauses in it, and we were really left with little choice unfortunatly. However, I am thrilled with the replacement we have lured, young Schumacher is a real step up in quality, he is such a complete forward, he's big, powerful, skilful and accurate, and not slow either, hes very well rounded and looks a diamond find. if i do say so myself icon_smile.gif

youve enjoyed a mix start to the season, leaving you mid-table..is this just a settling in period?

Well, I feel there are a couple of factors to consider really, yes, we have a number of players just settling, and as a team, are just finding ourselves…but as it is, I do not believe we are strong enough to challenge for places at the top, we need to find more belief, we need to become solid at home, and build up our belief there, until then im happy with mid-table to be honest…I don’t think weve deserved any more yet…we need to become a lot more solid first..this is gonna take some time, but well get there.

Ok Brendan, thanks. Before we go, any predictions? Anyone you feel we should be watching?

Id say Chelsea to win the title, with spurs a close second, the squad Chelsea have is unbelievable..i don’t see how they cant win the title. But spurs will go close, they are a very good team and fred, fred is amazing. He tore us apart. Hes coming into his best football now, and I think spurs seem to be finding the best out of him.

But id also like to say that mike law is a manager I have great respect for, his youth policy is very impressive, and hes done a great job with Ipswich. Some of those youths would be villa players if I could have my way. Ha.

Ok, thanks, good day. icon_wink.gif

Transfers in :

tinzw1.png

Transfers Out :

toutwq1.png

After a mixed bag of results in the premiership, I am continuing to search for the system right for my team, I am trying to build from the back. In Europe we have been excellent so far, and are pushing for qualification from the group stages of the eufa cup. I hope to finish somewhere in the top ten, Europe would be a dream, but to be honest, were just not there yet. But theres a lot of the season left. As for Europe, I believe we can get a good run, which will hopefully boost the club and spur us on.

Signings are planned for January if I can offload some players..

Best Player So far - Schumacher

schueypk6.png

spursgo2.gif

WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN! SPURS ARE CRUISING!

Tottenham Hotspur official website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ben Austin how does it feel to be on top of things now by winning every game after such a difficult season last year that almost cost your job, right now it looks like you are challenging for the title with mot much competition either apart from Chelsea, how can you explain this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben Austin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am very pleased with the team; I first invested into much of this squad in my first season and have built on it very much season after season since then. After realising that it wasn’t the players coursing the team to lose a lot of games last season, I found out that it was actually the tactic. I tried my new 4-3-3 towards the end of last season, and it was obviously working as we came up the table a bit and managed to win the UEFA Cup in the process. 4-4-2 is also looking very good now for the harder games after 10.25M new boy Naldo joined the back four, a major boost for us.

Obviously there is competition from other teams as we are only 15 games in and have 23 games left, anything could happen really, I have already lost Ledley King, Pazzini, Maxwell and new boy Iaquinta with terrible injuries resulting in losing them for a few months. I don’t want to lose anymore key players as it could really affect are challenge for the Premiership title. But I am very pleased as we have 40 points from 15 games this is very good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well, very well done Ben Austin congratulation on your fine, fine form, you have picked up two Manager of the month awards here is your champagne for this month, hopefully there are many more to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership round up

L 2-3 Chelsea

W 4-1 Derby

W 2-0 Plymouth

W 4-0 Bolton

W 4-0 Everton

W 2-0 Man City

W 2-0 Sheffield Utd

D 2-2 Sunderland

W 4-1 Doncaster

W 4-3 Aston Villa

W 2-0 Portsmouth

W 4-0 Southampton

W 2-0 Wigan

W 3-1 Liverpool

W 1-0 Man Utd

Average Rating: Fred (7.93)

Goals: Fred (17)

Assists: Bojinov/Pazzini/Kleber (6)

Man of Matches: Fred (3)

UEFA Cup round up [b/]

W 3-0 Denizlispor

W 3-0 Denizlispor

W 3-1 Sporting CP

W 3-0 Steaua

Average Rating: Fred (8.50)

Goals: Fred (6)

Assists: Bojinov (2)

Man of matches: Fred (1)

OVERALL

Matched Played: 22

Goals Scored: 60 (2.7)

Goals Conceded 15 (0.7)

Top Goalscorer: Fred (23)

Most Assists: Bojinov (9)

Average Rating: Fred (7.95)

Alright guys ive been fiddling around with my connection since wednesday session and im please to say I have now sorted it so that it will not disconnect me so the legend of a host continues icon_biggrin.gif.

This week im able to host all sessions again although on Monday session I will be handing out the ip address to ant early in the morning so when 6.15 comes he will give you it.

I possibly may be a little late around 10 past 7 as im working in the morning but that can be made up in the session no probs. Cya all then and enjoy your weekend icon14.gif

Whether you jinx it or not you know only one team is gonna win it at the end of the day and thats of course going to me icon_biggrin.gif.

Aint won for around 5 games so my players will be hungry for goals so make sure your best keeper is in icon_wink.gif

plymouthjz2.gif

So much for the positive start

The halfway mark in the season is approaching and we currently find ourselves in 12th place due to a recent bad run which included about 7 losses in a row.

We are out of the league cup and have a hard run in coming up so things aint looking great at the moment.

However with an easy draw in the FA Cup and a few wins of late im confident I can bring my team back into form and hopefully push up a little more in the league to secure my job for yet another season.

One thing that I have been working hard to do this season is raise our finances so that we aint in the red and after the 3 million sale of highly paid Emre I have suceeded in that and we are now a few million in the clear.

We kick off with a tough encounter against bens Tottenham this session who are quite literally on fire and one of the only teams that are in contention for the title at the moment with Chelsea being the other.

The spurs game brings back loads of memories for us and our stunning victory against them a few seasons back wont be forgotten so lets hope we can do it again. More to follow soon......

spursvh2.gif

Tottenham Hotspur Official Website

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Impressive is all I have to say to you Ben Austin, it looks like your going to take the title, do you think you can out do Chelsea? Form is looking very good you have scored 83 and conceded 32, best record this season. 71 points in 30 games, Chelsea 1 point behind; you are currently laying 1st describe what the next few weeks are going to be like for the team and yourself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben Austin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well I am very impressed with the lads they have worked so hard especially Fred. At beginning Fred come to me asking if he could sign a contract that would keep him there till he retires, I said if you can produce the goods then I will consider it. He has obviously proved it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time I report will be end of season and hopefully I’ve got silverware, come on lads do me proud

Premiership

D3-3Arsenal

W2-0Newcastle

W3-1Middlesbrough

W4-0Ipswich

L1-2Chelsea

W4-3Plymouth

W3-0Bolton

D1-1Derby

W6-3Everton

D0-0Man City

D1-1Sheff Utd

W3-2Sunderland

W6-1Doncaster

W3-0Aston Villa

Average Rating: Fred (7.90)

Top Goal Scorer: Fred (33)

Most Assists: Bojinov (11)

MOM: Fred (6)

UEFA Cup

W4-0Valeranga

W2-1Messina

W2-0Messina

W3-0Messina

W2-2Man Utd

Average Rating: Fred 8.33

Top Goal Scorer: Fred 12

Most Assists: Fred 4

MOM: Fred 2

Overall:

Average Rating: Fred 7.87

Top Goal Scorer: Fred 49

Most Assists: Bojinov 19

MOM: Fred 8

Have had good cup runs will do that on last report all I can say at the moment is that I am in 6th round of FA cup to Everton and got knocked out in League Cup to Everton.

I assure you report is on the way will do it after tonights session even if it kills me icon_smile.gif.

Im working wednesday session this week 6pm until 9pm and mike is unable to host so Ant will be instead he will send out the details icon14.gif

evertonhq9.gif

Everton win the League Cup

Everton's triumphant players have paraded the League cup trophy to more than half million fans.

Fresh from a shoot-out win over Liverpool, the team arrived at John Lennon Airport and boarded an open-top bus. They were welcomed by 500,000 cheering fans, which created a sea of bright blue along the streets of Liverpool and by the time the bus finally arrived at its destination outside Goodison park, there were an estimated 200,000 gathered. Everton’s dramatic victory, a penalty shoot-out win over Liverpool after a tight game, sparked joyous scenes in every bar the Toffees supporters watched the game

King said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This is a great result for Everton football club and as it was against our nearest rivals Liverpool FC it makes the result even sweeter. I hope this is the first of many trophies I will be able to bring to this great club. I was very pleased how we handled the occasion and we looked very comfortable out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cahill said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> When I first came to this club it was to win trophies but up until Danny King became our manager we never looked like we could complete with the best teams in the premiership. In little under 15 months he really has turned this club around and I’m happy that he took up the manager’s post here. I hope he is going to stay at Everton for along time to come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ratings

Craig Gordon - The ups and downs of a goalkeeper's lot encapsulated in one mesmerizing match. What else can you say about a goal keeper who saved 3 pens and returns to Liverpool a hero. 10 icon_biggrin.gif

Eduardo Ratinho - Tough assignment against the likes of Diego but done a fine job. 7

Glenn Johnson - Put Everton in trouble early back pass which almost cost us a goal. Playing catch-up thereafter but did not make a bad job of it. 6.

Andrea Barzagli – The usual towering presence has been all season and made some vital tackles. 8.

Dede - A big barrier in defence and a significant threat at the set-piece in attack. 7.

Tim Cahill - Lived up to his billing as the best Everton midfield player on the pitch. Late runs almost won us the game in normal time. 9.

Mikel Arteta - His stray pass was almost punished by Liverpool, and he was left with plenty to prove from then on. 6

Freddy Guarin - His awesome runs gave the Liverpool plenty to think about. 8.

Evandro Roncatto - Few contributions of note but never really got into the flow of the game 6.

Dick Kuyt – An usual quiet game for our leading scorer and maybe should have given us the lead from a couple of corners. 7.

Darren Bent - Provided Kuyt with a blueprint of how to convert an opening. It was a harsh decision which ruled him marginally offside effort. Also a great chance to score in the last few minutes but hit his effort straight at the keeper 7

Substitutes

Mark Noble (90, for Arteta): Afforded a more prominent role than Arteta - and made a nuisance of himself without providing the finishing touch, also missed in the penalty shootout 7

Pens

Everton

Noble Missed icon_frown.gif

Guarin Scored icon_smile.gif

Roncatto Scored icon_smile.gif

Cahill Scored icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Liverpool

Garcia Scored icon_frown.gif

Cisse Scored icon_frown.gif

Carragher Missed icon_smile.gif

Kromkamp Missed icon_smile.gif

Riise Missed icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Way to the final

3rd Rd

3-1 home win against Wigan (Ant): This was a good result against an in form Wigan team. The game went to extra time but we seemed to have the edge in the game for the win.

4th Rd

3-2 home win against Plymouth (Lee): The standard win against Lee. As usual this was a very tight game which could have gone either way.

Qtr Final

4-1 home win against Ipswich (Mike): I had only just beaten Mike in the league the game before so he decided to field some of his youths in this game. The game was spoilt with an early red for one of Mike’s defenders

Semi Final 1st leg

6-4 away defeat against Tottenham (BBen): Despite taking an early 2-0 lead, Tottenham came flying back with man of the match Fred ripping us apart.

Semi Final 2nd leg

7-2 home win against Tottenham (BBen): After a few defeat against Spurs since I started I decided to use a different formation against them. All you can say really is Mr. Fred, Mr. Pazzini, Mr. Bojinvo Mr. Austin your boys took one hell of a beating icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

More later icon_wink.gif

plymouthjz2.gif

Plymouth to stay in premiership for 3rd season

The start of the season looked very promising as we got off to a great start and managed a few wins in the first couple of games.

However the season eventually didnt turn out the way I wanted it to be with us finishing 16th.

The last few games were sour and made me feel as if I wanted to change the whole side so off i went to have a little chat with Arsene wenger about potential foreign stars as i prepared to get rid of most of my english players that had underperformed.

As the season ended I myself, the chairman and definately the fans were glad it was over.

The main thing was that I was in my job for yet another season and this season im determined to make it right and finish at least mid table.

Still yet to progress far in a cup so it will be good to head towards that this season and hopefully achieve something more than just keeping Plymouth up for another season.

Our status now seems pretty secure in the premiership and we are becoming a well known side but not a side to fear just yet....well im hoping that changes.

Loads of players have been brought in including a few 16 year old players which look pretty talented to play in the reserves and help them win their league and a couple of brazilians and more.

Each position near enough has had least 1 player for it come in so far this season and hopefully before the new season properly kicks off.

Our main weakness was our right wing position due to all 3 of them repeatadly getting injured but that has been rectified as gonzalez an old experienced right winger has come into the club and Kleber has an upcoming brazilian.

Amongst our other new signings is a top young german defender, the no.1 dutch keeper and gueye a forward which plenty of pace and skill who should be good to watch.

Onto our finances now where few seasons ago we were struggling to scrape a couple of pence together but pleased to say now that we are actually being given pretty decent transfer funds and our wage budget is finally not too much after a big clearout of players at Home Park.

When asked by the media what I aimed to achieve this season my reply was "play some good quality football that is all we need to do".

So if this happens then prepare for Plymouths best season yet in the premiership...peace!! icon_smile.gif

p><p>With Wigan rising above all expecta

It was an up and down season for Wigan at most, starting reasonably well then falling away over christmas, then again finding some form on the home stretch, to muscle through and claim 4th and the final champions league spot from the like of Danny Kings Everton & Mike Law's Ipswich, it was close in the end only a few points seperating us.

With the board thrilled with the clubs overall performance, they opted to give me a very healthy transfer budget to attract higher profile players and add depth to my already capably strong squad, I had a few idea's of the type of player that was needed to fufill the clubs ambitions of going even further than the previous season. Firstly i was looking to bring in a whole new back line and clear out most of it, as the defence was the main problem, i had already added 2 quite pricey strikers in January so they were not primarily my first choice. The midfield were the real force of my team last term, with players varying all attributes needed, had the real grit & the flair needed to balance it out perfectly.

With the new youth brought through from the academy 18 players who i think were not up to the task of wearing the club badge had their contracts terminated, I also added some youth myself spending a bit of the transfer budget on a few players for the future, some available on free transfers were also added to the youth ranks to see if they are capable of performing at the minimum level.

Higher profiled players who had been signed by previous managers who i had no real plans for were also sold and released, a few of them were quite big names Cameron Jerome was one who didnt interest me and agreed a contract elsewhere.

Players sold generated some extra cash for me to spend on new recruits aswell, around £8,000,000 was generated through this.

As i was generally happy with the way the team has bonded together last season, i wasnt tempted to go spend crazy in the transfer market on loads of lower valued players, i decided with my higher transfer budget and the prospect of champions league football i could lure better players than before, I started by adding to centre backs both for £5,000,000. Robert Huth from Chelsea and Nik Besagno from Middlesbrough were going to be my two first choiced central defensive pairing for the season.

As i had not had a decent left back for the whole of last season i sold the 2 that i was rotating there last season and brought in a young quality italian lad by the name of Patrizio Ranieri from Fiorentina still only young i decided to splash £7,500,000 on him.

Finally after years of tracking a player i finally got my hands on him in bizzare circumstances Celsinho signed for Sao Paulo and withing days from him going there, he decided to join Wigan, i had been monitoring him for some time and i'm glad he joined us.

My last signing Cedéric Fernandez from Bastia was signed as a squad player as i had little cover for my young dmc i was playing currently, this guy is still young but adds depth which i needed in that position.

With the squad i now had i was ready for whatever was about to lie ahead, may it be a tricky or succesful season im sure my new squad wouldnt let me down... Here is how Wigan opened the 2011/2012 season.

Champions League Qualifyer. Round 3 Leg 1

Lokomotiv Moscow v Wigan Athletic

Was relishing the prospect of seeing my new look side hit the spotlight in this televised game away in the tricky Russian conditions, it started of brightly for the away side as Vukcevic & Dia put as ahead in quick succesion before half time.

With the start of the premiership season iminant i made some changed at half time resting key players i needed for the next game hoping this game was beyond doubt, Carlos Vela answered my questions ten minutes after the break adding the third before Dia got his second of the night and surely booked Wigan's ticket into the group stages for the first time ever.

Full Time Result: Lokomotiv Moscow 0 - 4 Wigan Athletic

Attendanc: 19813

Premiership Match Day 1: 13/08/11

Middlesbrough v Wigan Athletic

A tricky game this was going to be, Middlesbrough have a great side and are hard to break down, we had the worst possible start to begin with Jermian Defoe opening the scoring within the first 5minutes, we couldnt get going properly the first half, understandibly knowing this team of players were playing their first proper game together, the second half was much improved we battled away long and hard and were rewarded with 10 minutes to go Vela equalising the game, just a few minutes later Vukcevic stunned the Boro faithful with a shot that fizzed into the net resulting in uproar from the away stand, with the game beyond boro's claw Vela added his second in injury time to complete a heroic comeback

Full Time Result: Middlesbrough 1 - 3 Wigan Athletic

Attendance: 42032

News:

Sadly after the Boro game news hit the fans that Wigans most expensive player ever Jimmy Briand faces 5months on the sidelines with a damged hip.

Premiership Match Day 2: 20/08/11

Wigan Athletic v Manchester City

The new players were paraded before a boyant Wigan crowd ahead of the first home game of the season, signalling wigans intent for the coming campaign, Wigan were quick to impress the home fans as Vela put in another goal rather early settling down the players and the crowd, former Wigan player Darijo Srna was beeing booed until the 35th minute when he was giving his marching order after two bookable offences.

The game seemed to simmer out after the break with neither team creating many chances until late in the game young midfielder Peter Dunn doubled Wigan's advantage leaving City with a mountain to climb.

Full Time Result: Wigan Athletic 2 - 0 Manchester City

Attendance: 35116

Champions Leaguer Qualifyer Round 3 Leg 2

Wigan Athletic v Lokomotiv Moscow

After an emphatic win away in Russia, Wigan fielded a slightly weaker team focusing mainly on the forthcoming trip to the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, Vela was playing out of his skin so far this season and he added a quick double in 6 minutes to put Wigan 2-0 up and basically the end the tie, the players started to relax and cruise, Moscow pulled the 2 goal advantage of this game back, but were unable to topple Wigan's previous 4-0 drubbing.

Full Time Result: Wigan Athletic 2 - 2 Lokomotiv Moscow

Attendance: 21399

Premiership Match Day 3: 27/08/11

Arsenal v Wigan Athletic

Arsenal were the team that finished one place ahead of us and one point ahead of us last season to grab third were the favourites going into this match, If we were to achieve more than last season these were the games that we needed to get something out of, a breathtaking start provided an upset for the bookies when we went 2-0 up very early throught a debuting Celsinho from the spot, Vela added a second shortly after when Arsenal were reduced to 10 men Sanli Tuncay was sent off for a professional foul on Dia, Celsinho made sure he started his Wigan career in the best possible way notching up his second goal before the break, after the break it was the same story, Wigan domination Vukcevic rounded of a marvellous Wigan display and humiliate Arsenal further..

A real hammering

Full Time Result: Aresnal 0 - 4 Wigan

Attendance: 59898

Premiership Match Day 4: 31/08/11

Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United

John's Newcastle side were the next hurdle to overcome, last time these two clubs met was the uefa cup semi where Wigan were the winners, similar circumstances occured when Issiar Dia thumped Wigan in the lead with a brilliant goal from a tight angle, this was short lived however as Newcastle pulled level through some slack defending and Owen was on hand to pounce, Owen in a boyant mood cooly slotted a second on the half hour after beating the offside trap, just before halftime Vukcevic had the chance to level the game after Vela was fouled in the area, he sent the keeper the wrong way to equalise.

The second half was constant pressure from Wigan in search of the winning goal to take them 4 points clear at the top of the premiership, that goal game in the last ten minutes when Issiar Dia broke free and ran home to chip the keeper and deliver all three points home to Wigan.

Full Time Result: Wigan Athletic 3 - 2 Newcastle United

Attendance: 35110

A terrific start to the season for Wigan, although last season started similarly im not gonna take anything for granted at this early stage, we'll see how Wigan get on next week...

Stay Tuned http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif' alt='icon_wink.gif'>

Cracking report mate wonder if you will keep reporting like that all through the season bet you wont if you start losing some games icon_wink.gif

Enjoy your weekend guys report if you want to mine to come when I you send me the game ant buddy speak to you all monday icon14.gif

Also full system restore went well.....i think for first time ever my shitty aol browser actually displays webpages properly icon_smile.gif

unitedja1.gif

The Toon fall at the last hurdle ...... But not for the first time

For the 2nd year running Newcastle fail to get the much need 4th position.This to the fans and the managers frustration.when speaking to newcastle utd manager John o Halloran this is what he has to say

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reporter "John are you happy with the teams preformance this season?"

Mr O Halloran replied " i see no reasion to be anything lees than happy with my sides preformance this year we fought hard in the league but just a few of our player ran out of steam in the latter stage of the season after a fine run to the seimi finals of the uefa cup were we had a poor first leg display to a very impressive wigan side but as we saw in the 2nd leg if we had kept the tie closer we could have taken it.

Reporter "where do you think your push for champions league football fell apart?"

Mr O halloran replied " I think it all went worng when we under estimated Man city which led to a 2-0 defeat which in turn led to a host of other poor results including the embarrishing 5-0 defeat to local relagated rivals sunderland which realy blew any chance of playing in the champions league"

Reporter "At any stage of the season did you feel like leaving you post at Newcastle?"

Mr O Halloran replied "Of corse every manager has there up and downs during the season and the most depressing point in the season for me was the 5-0 defeat to sunderland and if i was to pick a high point it would have to have been the 3-2 victory over chelsea at St James PArk it was a wonderful match played at a high pace by both sides and we piped the eventual premership winners of 3pts which realy made my day." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

End of season stats

Finishing Position in the premership - 6th - 66pts

Top scorer - Owen 40

Player of the year - Owen

Newcastle team 10/11 season

Given

Quigley Taylor Webster Ziegler

Parker

Nolan Thomon

Muriqui Owen Aruna

Another season of hope for Newcastle

Newcastle manager John o HAlloran is hoping this is going to be the season that newcastke will break into the big time(the premershish top 4) with little money to send at St James Ohalloran had to bring in a cupple of freebies to add to his ageing squad in hope of a top 4 finish. with the board and fan delight with the progress and job the there current manager is doing this still isnt enought for there chairman to give there desperate manager the cash he neew to make a youthful quality squad.

Players In

Didier zokora St.Etienne Free

Lisandro Lopez Porto Free

Cicinho Real Madrid Free

total 0

Players out

Charles NZogbia Charlton Free

Robbie Keane Celtic 3.3m

Daniel Sturridge Middlesbrough 3.4m

total 6.75m

A Strong start to the season

Newcastle got there season under way with a trip to Man City.A club under new management since newcastle were beaten here at the end of last season.

Man City v Newcastle Utd

The City of Manchester Stadium,Manchester

Attendance: 47957

Refeteed By: Rob Styles

Newcastle started off very strong in this game putting man city under pressusre form the start and after 10mins man city keeper had to make a very impressive save from owen who realy should have put it away.But Muriqui made ammends for owens mistake when he recived a lovely half vollyed pass from nolan,muriqui found himself in loads of space and scored with an unstopple low shot.newcastle had plenty of chances to make it 2 until on the 19th min man city won a corner which came of svebsson and delgado could do nothing but score to bring man city into a game which should be well past them.On the 22mins Costil was forced to make another impressive save this time from aruna.Owen made it 2-1 to newcastle on 37 when he found himself unmarked and all he had to do is cushion the ball to the net.newcastle brought on muntari foor a below par parker at this point.Owen got his 2nd from the spot after half time when he was take down by masiello who was once a target of the newcastle boss.on 54 mins new signing lopez took to the pitch for the first time for newcastle and 5mins later he had got his first newcastle goal he added his 2nd on 79 and rounded off a fantasic debut with a 45 yard strike to get his first hatrick for newcastle.

Round up from 1 July 2011

Razor1

Club: Chelsea

Time at club: 990 days

Total value of players brought: 385 million icon_eek.gif

Total value of players sold: 169 million

Highest fee received: Robben 30 million

Highest fee spent: Kaka 54 million

Games won: 108

Games lost: 31

Games drawn: 28

League win: 1

Cup wins: 2

Chelsea won the league with a couple of games to spare, which was the bare minimum the Chelsea board was looking for after spending 385 million icon_eek.gif in the last 3 years. Razor will have to bring home the league again and maybe the Champions league to keep the fans happy this time around. With the world class teams Razor has put together I’m sure another title will be on its way to the Bridge again.

Ben

Club: Tottenham

Time at club: 2182 days

Total value of players brought: 113 million

Total value of players sold: 57 million

Highest fee received: Defoe 20 million

Highest fee spent: Fred 13.25 million

Games won: 187

Games lost: 83

Games drawn: 69

League win: 0

Cup wins: 3

Tottenham was the only team that looked like they could pip Chelsea to the title but the last couple of months they faded away. With Ben not around for the last 2 session it was his assistant manager who won the FA cup for them. Again with a frontline of Pazzini, Bojinvo and Fred I expect Tottenham to fight it out with Chelsea for the league title.

Ant1

Club: Wigan

Time at club: 365 days

Total value of players brought: 17.25 million

Total value of players sold: 28.5 million

Highest fee received: Alexis Sanchez 13.5 million

Highest fee spent: Jimmy Briand 11 million

Games won: 28

Games lost: 14

Games drawn: 14

Cup wins: 0

This was fantastic season for Wigan finishing 4th and making the Uefa cup final. With a massive transfer budget I expect Wigan to close the gap on both Chelsea and Tottenham provided Lenny stays injury free and keeps banging in the goals.

Danny

Club: Everton

Time at club: 703 days

Total value of players brought: 28 million

Total value of players sold: 30 million

Highest fee received: Hubsuhman 4.3 million

Highest fee spent: Mark Noble 7 million

Games won: 62

Games lost: 27

Games drawn: 22

Cup wins: 1

Possibly one game away from greatness as I took Everton all the way to The Champions League final. In an even game only a single 35 yard strike from Ronaldinho robbed us of the trophy icon_frown.gif. At least I got my first trophy in the clan beating arch rivals Liverpool in the League Cup but with all the cup games my league form suffered so its only Uefa cup football for the Toffees next season.

Mike

Club: Ipswich

Total value of players brought: 67 million

Total value of players sold: 130 million

Highest fee received: Edgar Andrade 5 million

Highest fee spent: Gianni Zuiverloon 5.75 million

Games won: 117

Games lost: 103

Games drawn: 50

Last season was another fantastic season for Ipswich this time qualifying for Uefa cup icon14.gif. I’m sure Mike will buy his usual mix of youthful talent again this year and maybe he could challenge for a Championship League spot.

John

Club: Newcastle

Time at club: 1370 days

Total value of players brought: 25.5 million

Total value of players sold: 25.5 million

Highest fee received: James Milner 14 million

Highest fee spent: Zander Diamond 5.75 million

Games won: 105

Games lost: 53

Games drawn: 47

Just like last season Newcastle faded badly towards the end of season when Champions League looked in odds on, add to that the disappointment of losing the Uefa cup semi final to Wigan, John wasn’t a happy man angryfire.gif. The Newcastle team is getting old and there is need for some investment but if the right offer comes along I’m sure John will jump ships.

Lee

Club: Plymouth

Total value of players brought: 28 million

Total value of players sold: 19.5 million

Highest fee received: Emre 3.3 million

Highest fee spent: Cleber 3 million

Games won: 119

Games lost: 113

Games drawn: 55

League win: 1

Plymouth stayed up again without ever being in any real danger of being sucked into a relegation battle. Lee again stayed loyal to Plymouth turning down the Arsenal job and I’m sure once he gets the right winger position sorted icon_smile.gif Plymouth will break into the top 10 within the Premiership

Shaun

Club: Wolves

Time at club: 540 days

Total value of players brought: 9.75million

Total value of players sold: 1.9 million

Highest fee received: Daniele Monti 975K

Highest fee spent: Rodrigo Palacio 5 million

Games won: 33

Games lost: 26

Games drawn: 13

Most of the season Wolves looked odds on for automatic promotion but with Shaun missing a session they only made the playoffs icon_frown.gif. Wolves where well beaten over two legs against Leeds in the semi’s but I sure with the player Shaun has signed they will go up next season.

Sean2

Club: Hull

Time at club: 107 days

Total value of players brought: 1.9 million

Total value of players sold: 1.9 million

Highest fee received: Stephan Jordan 600K

Highest fee spent: Miquel Nelmon 750K

Games won: 3

Games lost: 2

Games drawn: 2

With no fault of his own Sean was sacked by Manchester United due to him missing a few sessions and his assistant manager doing crap. He will have a big task getting Hull to the promise land of the Premiership but I do see a playoff finish this time around.

Lacey

Club: No Club

Time at club: 294 days at Villa

Total value of players brought: 26.5 million

Total value of players sold: 38 million

Highest fee received: Kirkland 6.5 million

Highest fee spent: Schumacher 9.25 million

Games won: 12

Games lost: 17

Games drawn: 10

Again it wasn’t really Lacey fault that he was sacked at Villa due to his 2 week holiday. I’m not sure what holds for the former Villa manager.

Boulty

Club: Brighton

Other clubs: Manchester City

Time at club: 1245 days at Brighton

Total value of players brought: 23 million

Total value of players sold: 18.75 million

Highest fee received: Benedict Vilakazi 3.1 million

Highest fee spent: Salomon Kalou

Games won: 140

Games lost: 90

Games drawn: 66

League win: 1, well his assistant manager did icon_biggrin.gif

Brighton showed with there end of season form they have a good chance of going up next season. It all depends on weather Rick or his assistant manager plays the matches. Rick had built a strong Championship team and I’m sure they will be in the Premiership come the end of the season.

Sandy had just been sacked while I was doing this so there no point doing one for him, all I can say is let’s hope Sandy1 does a lot better than Sandy did icon_biggrin.gif.

unitedja1.gif

Premiership

Match 2 2011/12 Season

St James Park

Newcastle v Bolton

Attendance 46267

Refereed by Steve Bennett

Newcastle kicked off there first home game of the season in Buoyant mood after there 6-1 victory over Man city.All Newcastle mannager John o Halloran could ask his team for is a preformance of the same sort against Bolton today at st james park.

match report

straight from the kick off Newcastle attacked the bolton goal with an onslought of shot at the Bolton goal with newcastle's three forwards running the defence ragged.Kevin Thompson was the first to come close for newcastle when his log shot whistled past peilizzollis right hand post after 4mins,after a long spells of possesion in the middle of the park for both sides.Owen broke the deadlock for newcastle after 31mins when the Bolton defence failed to clear Thompsons free kick and owen was there to scramble it in.Paul Davies made the newcastle keeper make a wonderful save on the 47min to keep hold of his cleen sheet,newcastles 2nd goal came when new signing lopez robbed the bolton keeper of the ball and slotted the ball home on 67mins.Pavone was a constant treat to the newcastle defence getting chance after chance but was unable to finish under pressure.lopez got his 2nd and newcastles 3rd of the afternoon when he converted thomsons corner in the 75 min.

key players

De Sanctis

Cicinho

Goldbourne (motm)

Thompson

Muntari

Lopez

Premiership

match 3

Newcastle v Tottenham

SJP

Attendance 52332

Refereed by Billy Parker

Newcastle were hoping to keep there fine start to the season going when thay faced ben's Spurs side who challenged chelsea all the way to the end of last season for the title but ohalloran felt that his side could get something out of this encounter between 2 evenly matched up teams

match report

The first chance of this game fell to newcastle's keven thompson in the 9th min when spurs keeper paul robinson was force to make a good save from a free kick.Minutes later robinson was called apon again to make a instant reaction save from owens header from 7yards.newcastle held th upper hand in the first 00mins until bojinov easyly turned Golbourne and cause a smart save from De Sanctis in the 36 min just before the brake De Sanctis could only trun sissoko's powerful shot from out side the box onto the post but the newcastle defence scrambled it away before the on rushing spurs forwards could get to it.spurs held the upper hand and moments after the brake De Sanctis turned another sissoko shot around the post for a corner.The game was quick paced end to end stuff with both keeper make numerious saves but neither side could brake the deadlock and the game ended in a 0-0 draw which was a good result for both sides.

Premership

match 4

JJB Stadium

Attendance 35110

Refereed by Andre Marriner

Newcastle wrer looking to make it 4 games unbeaten at the start of the new season when thay traveled to the jjb to entertain wigan.This was a rematch of last season uefa cup seimi final when wigan hammered newcastle 4-1.The newcastle mannager was lloking for a better preformance from his men than he got that afternoon.

Wigan got off to a dream start when when a long ball played forward cought out the newcastle defence and Dia got control of the ball entered the box and sloted home a cool finish from a difficult angle to give the home side a 1-0 lead after only 4mins,Newcastle couldnt have dreamed for a worst start.Newcastle responded quickly when nani gained control on the wide left played a low cross to owen who turned besagano to bring newcastle level.Newcastle took the lead on 35 mins when muriqui send a lovely cross straight to Owens head and he beat besagano to the ball and put it past arenas in the wigan net.Vulkcvic brought wigan level from the pen spot on ht which was a blow to newcastle.On the 85th min lenny played a long ball behind the static newcastle back 4 and dia was the againt to finish from a tought angle.this goal was the winner for wigan in a even match which wigan were the better side.

Quote from Newcastle mannager John O Halloran after the 3-2 defeat to Wigan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mr o halloran said to bbc "Im delighted with my sides preformance today thay worked ahrd and witha bit of luck it could be us coming away from here with the 3pts day.If i was to take one positive thing from todays game it would be that we can see where we have to improve to compete with the best sides int the counrty if not in the world,we say our defence was cought out a cupp;e of times with balls played in behind and now me and my coaching staff will look to sort the situation before the Aresnal game and will be looking to show our bouncebackability which we didnt show in the latter parts of last season" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

plymouthjz2.gif

An average start as usual to the new season keeps fans at bay

4 games gone and 7 points on the board cant be bad as we find ourselves currently in 7th. Its going to be a long season this one and fingers crossed we dont get too many injuries so that we can hopefully try and go for our highest finish yet to date.

A good start to a new season is important to get that morale up high and make all the players feel good about themselves but as we know a good start can often lead to a bad end or in my case bad run which could go on almost all season.

Players have came into the squad and players have left as usual here is the round-up.

Players In

Craig Bailey - Released from arsenal an exceptional looking youth.

Kenneth Vermeer - The current dutch no.1 keeper has only played 1 game and is currently injured will be good to see how he does when he recovers.

Babacar Gueye - We lacked firepower upfront hopefully this will sort it.

Vernon Anita - A young midfielder with the skills and determination to become a very good player.

Adam Winter - Building for the future another youth who looks like a very promising winger.

Ben Dobson - One of my many strikers i signed labelled the next michael owen could he be?.

Dennis Aogo - Our main weakness last season was in the defence so Aogo was brought in to strenghthen us up.

Paul Andrews - Another future michael owen.

Mariano Gonzalez - Ageing a little but will provide good cover for our right wing position which always seems to get injured.

Cleber - I was excited at the prospect of playing cleber but he went and picked up a 3 month long injury.

Rodolfo Soares - While sandy was at man city he wasnt playing and was stuck in the reserves so a perfect time to poach him.

Adam Stone - The 3rd striker who could be the next owen.

Chris Scott - Yet another owen.

Paul Robertson - A very decent looking left winger and already valued at over a million could be one to watch.

Quite a few players have been brought in this season so you can tell that im trying to give the squad more depth so that we can push for bigger things.

Despite releasing a few players out on frees some of the only worthwhile transfers seen luke summerfield finally move on and robotham move on for a combined fee of 1 million. Both of them had been with the squad since the very first season and I felt it was time for them both to move on.

One player that hadnt left though and was still with the team was fans player of the year Borges who had showed he had an appetite for goal last season and with Gueye upfront partnering him this seasons things could get very interesting.

Results

Prem Match Day One - Charlton at home

It was a trip to the valley and with almost half the team being new it was time to see what the players I had signed could do.

Despite not being here for the opening game and my assistant being in charge he did field a few of the new guys and it was the 2 front men which provided the breakthrough as the charlton defence failed to cope with the electrifying pace of new signing Gueye and the skill of Paladino.

Final Score > Plymouth 2-1 Charlton

Prem Match Day Two - Portsmouth away

Again not here for this game and one of the main reasons why we probably failed to win this was my assistant thought it would be a great idea and field some youngsters that had never played any big game like this in their life before. They couldnt cope and were shaky which allowed the Portsmouth players to capatilise on this.

One good thing though was Aogo managed to get off the mark on his scoring as he placed a nice header past the portsmouth keeper.

Final Score > Portsmouth 2-1 Plymouth

Prem Match Day Three - Ipswich (Mike) at home

With mike being away for this game it was the perfect time to humiliate his assistant we were pretty close to doing that. An old player of mikes came back to haunt him as it changed the 2nd half completely. With Borges a little injured mason was brought on to replace him upfront and grabbed 2 goals which sealed us the win.

Final Score > Plymouth 3-0 Ipswich (Mike)

Prem Match Day Four - West Ham away

Little bit of a terrible result this was as due to my dodgy connection my assistant had to step in again and again he fielded some crap reserves as we failed to walk away with all 3 points and only walked away with a measly one.

Final Score > West Ham 1-1 Plymouth

So we got man utd to start Monday session which should be a test and with Man Utd deteriorating every season we should at least walk away with something. Currently happy with finances, players and where we are but hope to improve and will need to if we are going to stay up where we are at the moment.

brighton.jpg

***Boult Seen Spotted With Premiership Manager's Wife***

Just days before the Championship season is due to kick off, current Brighton & Hove Albion manager Rick Boult has been spotted boarding a British Airways Private jet, destined for Barbabos, with Everton F.C's Premiership manager, Danny King's gorgeous wife. Rumours have been flying round both dugouts as to what the pair were doing but some reports suggest that cuddling, maybe even snuggling could have been on the cards.

Boult's agent, Mel Murphy ;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I can confirm my client left for Barbados to take time out for his busy schedule from being a Championship manager. Mrs King's presence on board was simply a coincidence but, concidering the jet only had 2 seats, we can understand there could be rumours circulating regarding this. Rick would like to personally asure Danny that no cuddling or snuggling was forsaken amd that his wife will return home within 3-6 weeks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Boult being out of the country, the day to day running of the club has been overseen by his assistant manager, whose name were unable to pronounce. Mr X, as we refer to him, doesn't speak a lick of English, which may be why The Seagulls current results do not make for particulary good reading.

Current Championship Table

Championship Matchday 1

Championship Matchday 2

Championship Matchday 3

Championship Matchday 4

League Cup 1st Round

Championship Matchday 5

Championship Matchday 6

With the Transfer window just closing, Boult must be hoping the current squad is capable of mounting a challenge for the Championship top spot and promotion to the Premier League.

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Rick Boult, speaking on the phone under the palm tree ;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We've strengthened the squad in every area over the summer and i feel we've got a good enough squad to push for an automatic place into the Premiership. Our back 4 looks very strong with both youth and experience and our strike force is undoubtebly the best in the division. If our home form is as good as it was last year and we pick up a few more points up away, who knows what can happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unitedja1.gif

Tough Time For Toon

premership

match 5

Arsenal v Newcastle

2 2

Mark Mitchell gave Arsenal a early lead with a goal after 2 mins owen got newcastle on level terms in the 22min and gave them the lead after 25 but this was short lived as Tevez got arsenal level in the 27 min,Arsenal had Woodgate sent off in the 71min and had to with stand heavy pressure from newcastle who ended the game the stronger of both side

man of the match - Micheal Owen

premership

match 6

Newcastle v Everton

2 3

Everton started of the stronger and Dirk Kuyt gave the the start thay were looking for we he score 2 first half goals in the 20 & 39min but micheal Owen brought newcastle back into the game witha goal on half time.Newcastle had a brief spell of dominance at the start of the 2nd half and drew level on 52mins but everton took control and Guarin was at hand to score a magicialfree kick after 77mins.

premership

match 7

liverpool v newcastle

6 1

not much to say about this game was life less not much action that i want to talk about.Newcastles scoreer was owen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

Plymouth for Relegation icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I reckon that may be coming true after last night icon_biggrin.gif lets see how tonight goes with my new simple formation icon_smile.gif

Good weeks worth of sessions as usual my report to be done on sunday probably all rest report if u want icon_smile.gif.

We will also as ive mentioned a few times be having a weeks break from the 2nd september due to me going away aswell as moving house but should be fine the following week icon14.gif

Have a good weekend all website to return soon aswell.

spursvh2.gif

Buying for the future:

With the money left over from Fred, Ben Austin certainly seems to be building for the future by buying some very talented youngsters. With the departure of Fred spurs fans thought they wouldn’t have a hope in hell in challenging for the title, but is this the case, we speak to Ben Austin to fond out what exactly is going on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well Ben, what do you make of the start to the season, not as good as expected but you have certainly showed an eye for young talent. Especially when coming to the club you built an amazing young team to win the FA cup your first season in charge, years went on and the team was getting older and hardly any fresh young talent was coming in, that’s certainly not the case now, Is January spurs pick up point to the disappointing season so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben Austin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No of course not, I have a world-class team now, I am just looking to build it round certain player i.e. Cleber. He may look like he don’t score but the lad certainly plays good football. Cleber is my youngest player by many years and I think he feels a bit isolated, I had a word with him about it and informed him that changes were in progress and come January 3 new youngsters like himself will be joining the club. Added pressure on him to be the next Fred is no good for him also, I just wish people would give him a chance.

Come January I will certainly have a better squad there is no doubt in my mind about that, I don’t want to make false hope but I believe I can destroy other big culbs dreams this season and snatch the premiership title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thank you Ben Austin for your time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The team

GK: Paul Robinson

Getting on a bit now, found a decent replacement. In the mean time I have Carson.

DR: Vanden Borre

4-month injury, amazing player will not be looking to replace someone of his quality. Germie is his replacement for now whilst injured.

DL: Maxwell

Plays better on the wing in fairness but still produces some fine performances in the left back position.

DC: King

A fine defender but is getting past it now, also have found a replacement to take that strong centre back role.

DC: Naldo

Since the signing of Naldo we secured a 2nd place finish in the premiership and won the F.A cup, one of my best buys yet to date.

DMC: Sissoko

Holds the midfield together, pure quality. I have a few replacements for Sissoko but only if he is injured.

MR: Lennon

Haven’t really seen the best from this lad, I recon I can still get some really good performances out of him.

ML: Ben Arfa

A nice buy, his pace tears up defences, when I have not got him I have Maxwell who is also superb in this position.

AMC: Bojinov

Highest valued player at 25 Million, I don’t see how when I have other players just as good in this position, Mikel being one. Superb player though always gets a goal usually

FC: Pazzini

Best forward since the departure of Fred to Chelsea, could be a bit more consistent though

FC: Cleber

Well he had me fooled, I really thought this was the man to replace Fred, in about 10 games he has scored 1. With amazing stats I doubt his ability to succeed in the English Premier League.

Future Transfers In:

GK Kouakbi Marseille 1.4M

A good replacement for Robinson in my eyes at age 20

WBL Greco Milan 8.75

Have incredible stats for a 19 year old. To take the left back position so can rotate Maxwell and Ben Arfa in the left wing position

DC Marinelli Milan 5M

Looks to be best buy of season yet bar Cleber J Is going to replace king in the centre back role only ages 18 with fine, fine stats

EPL Results:

W 2-1 West Ham

D 1-1 Man Utd

D 1-1 Bolton

D 0-0 Newcastle

W 2-0 Everton

W 3-0 Villa

L 1-2 Plymouth

W 3-0 Sheff Utd

L 5-1 Chelsea

W 2-0 Cardiff

W 4-1 Middlesbrough

More to come with some more transfers also, obviously updated results by next wendesday. J

Archived