Official FMELClan 06 Thread.....The 3rd Outing

plymouthjz2.gif

Is a new formation the way forward?

Despite previous sucesses which includes 2 promotions and establishing ourselves within the premiership I have decided to change our overall formation and opt for a 4-4-2.

This will of course leave us a little more exposed at the back with flamini and soares both not being able to play in their prefered dmc positions but hopefully it will create more options for us up in attack.

It so far has gone pretty well but as usual we still find ourselves near to the relegation places.

After a pretty decent first few wins we then crumbled a little bit and went through a sucession of defeats which is why the new formation.

We ended last wednesday somehow managing to beat Arsenal 5-3 away in what was some strange game.

We had a penalty disallowed and had plenty more chances to make it a lot more than 5. Our form since really has picked up and hopefully we will be climbing up the table again soon.

Here is how we have got on since the last report.

Plymouth 0-3 Man Utd

After the point we picked up at west ham which should of been 3 we played like a bunch of lemons and didnt create much at all so paid the price.

Bolton 2-1 Plymouth

Bolton being on the form they were shouldnt of even been allowed to put 2 past us but our defence was shoddy and couldnt cope.

Grimsby 0-3 Plymouth LC round 2

When i seen this fixture after the last 2 defeats we just had I was pleased as this was hopefully going to be the turning point and up all the players morale. We cruised through it as it was comfortable and never under much threat despite the goals coming late.

Plymouth 2-1 Tottenham (Ben)

As usual ben couldnt overcome his bogey team and his players just switched off. Attempts were pretty even and we got the better of them.

Everton (Danny) 1-0 Plymouth

The last result got the better of us in this as it was us that switched off this time. We had very few opportunities and if it wasnt for pennock in the goal the scoreline could of been more.

Plymouth 0-2 Aston Villa

Another disappointing defeat to add to our records and it was against a pretty poor villa side. Nothing good was happening for us as villa got all the luck on the day.

Newcastle (John) 3-1 Plymouth

Newcastle outplayed us in this game despite us having more of the ball we just wasnt doing anything with it as usual.

Liverpool 4-0 Plymouth LC round 3

A shocking display this was but I wasnt bothered at all as this was a game for testing a new tactic and obviously didnt go all that well.

Sheff Utd 2-2 Plymouth

Again was trying a new formation in this and we dominated but still wasnt able to walk away with 3 points rather than 1 we even needed a 90th minute goal to get the draw.

Plymouth 0-3 Chelsea (Razor)

Coming up against last seasons champions I wasnt expecting a good result and it didnt happen as chelseas class really showed yet again.

Plymouth 4-0 Middlesbrough

The first game with the 4-4-2 and a great game it was we had too many shots overall in the game to count. It showed us what we were capable of doing though when we put a few passes together.

Cardiff 2-1 Plymouth

This was supposed to be one our easier games and it ended up in defeat despite us having the better of it.

Man City 2-2 Plymouth

Another game where we outplayed the opposition but didnt get any rewards for it.

Plymouth 1-2 Wigan (Ant)

Ant had turned wigan into a title contending side since his arrival and after his wigan team put on a decent display in this game to win it you could see that the players were under his command. We did have some chances and put ants team under pressure from time to time but at the end there was only going to be one winner and that was Ant and his wigan side this time.

Arsenal 3-5 Plymouth

This was by far one of the weirdest games ive played so far in charge at plymouth as up until the 60th minute we found ourselves 2-1 and the game was looking as good as over. But after some decent substitutions we changed our game and turned into a dominant force and arsenal struggled and could well of lost by more.

So a great end to the week but 1 win aint going to change a lot im hoping we can get a winning run together before we go for our week break. More to follow after next sessions icon_smile.gif

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good sessions this week as always hopefully my assistant can keep me my job next week. Will hopefully be sorted in new place by the following week with connection so will see you all then remember to report.

Mike hosting all next week as most of you already know cheers mike icon14.gif

evertonhq9.gif

Third season at Everton

After the success of last season, winning the league cup and making the Champions League final I was hoping Bill Kenwright would release some much needed transfer funds in order for Everton to compete with the big boys, but in his wisdom Bill decided to spend a vast amount of the bank balance on improving the stadium. So with 30 odd million earned via attendance from the stadium, prize money and TV money the not so generous Everton board have rewarded me with 5 million to spend on new players icon_frown.gif. Thankfully in January I signed a few bosman but I still need to bring down the average age of the Everton squad because most are hitting 30 or over.

I would love to go down the route that fellow Premiership manager Mike Law, has gone down but unfortunately all the best young players from around the world have been snapped up by now or will cost enough money to run a small country to sign.

When asked whether or not Everton's top three finish two seasons ago was an example of a club overachieving, I responded (without trying to sound too smug) by suggesting that maybe the third place finish was more a result of hard work, determination, and terrific man-management... and obviously some luck!

However, I am a firm believer that deep within every Premiership team there resides the ability to finish in the top four. Everton paved the way, Wigan followed example, is it time for someone else this season or will the upper half of the table take a more recognizable appearance come May 2013.

One thing that Everton had that season was a squad full of fit and hungry players as well as luck on the injury front. The team had a point to prove, they were determined not to be known as a one man team. I’m now a more seasoned manager and our squad is currently injury free and in very good condition after a vigorous pre-season. Barring any unfortunate injuries to our playing staff, the foundations are set for another exciting year. Perhaps we will once again challenge for a place in Europe? Or maybe another great cup run is in our midst? One thing is for sure, the mood amongst Evertonians is a positive one, and why not.

The optimistic best you can hope for this season: Piping Manchester United to the fourth Champions League spot on the last day of the season, causing Wayne Rooney to demand a transfer back to Goodison Park.

What will really happen: A top-eight finish with another few notable scalps along the way. Rooney to go to Chelsea for £60m icon_frown.gif.

Player you wished you’d bought this summer: Fred, Scores and creates goals in equal measure. I just wish I had the 20 million pound to buy him but like all the best players in the world they ended up at Chelsea icon_frown.gif.

Players In…

Arouna Kone from Hannover for free.

Kone looks a good signing who will be able to score goals given the right service from the midfield area. He is pace will certainly trouble many of the premiership defenses.

Kasper Schmeichel from Portsmouth for free.

With the amount of injuries Gordon suffered last season some backup was needed. Kasper hadn’t played much for Portsmouth over the last season or two and is unlikely to be given much of a chance this season unless those injuries pop up again.

Jonathan Soriano from Espanyol for free.

Jonathan is a good all round player who can play either in midfield or attack. Will mainly be used in the midfield area but will have a hard job to displace Tim Cahill and

Mark Noble.

Vagner Love from Real Sociedad for free.

Again Vagner is another good forward player with an eye for goal. He has had his injury trouble over the last few years but hopefully a fresh start at a new club will give him a new lease of life.

Ron Vlaar from Feyenoord for free

The fans wasn’t happy when Ron signed for the club because he has been known to upset a dressing room or two but with Carvalho getting on in age, I need younger legs to play in the heart of defence.

Marco Antonio from Lierse for free.

The Brazilian boy Marco is like all other Brazilian’s, very gifted in the technical area. Hopefully given time to settle in the Premiership Marco will become a force for Everton football club.

Manuele Blasi from Chelsea for free.

A good solid defender who has hardly played for Chelsea multi million pound team. He will provide good cover for the defence.

Kleber from Tottenham for free.

Another Brazilian but this time he has already settled in the Premiership with the mighty Spurs. With Dede being transferred a new left back was needed and I’m more than happy he chose to leave Tottenham and play for us.

Players Out…

Dede to Aachen for 500k.

Dede done well for us but with him being 34 I decided to let him leave and get Kleber in to replace him.

Halil Atintop to Austria Wien for 3 million.

It was a shame to lose Halil as he had scored some vital goals for us last season, but with all the new bosman signings I had to cut down on the wage bill.

Dude Cearense to Lille for 2 million.

Dude had done very well for Everton in his first 2 seasons but since the signing of Freddy Guarin he had found his first team chances very limited. The lad was unhappy for not playing, so all parties decided it would be best to transfer the lad.

Ezequiel Garay to Plymouth for 3 million.

Garay had requested a transfer from the club as again he wasn’t playing what he considered enough games for the club. Lee was looking for another defender so it made sense to let the lad leave.

Also 20 other players were given free transfer either to do if there age or not being good enough for the Everton team.

More later icon_wink.gif

skylogo_default.gif

4.gif

BREAKING NEWS

Newcastle utd have sacked manager John O Halloran.O Halloran who has spent a number of seasons at St James Park faild to bring sucess to newcastle and has suffered the consacunces as newcastle chairman freddy sheapard left a letter on O Hallorans desk relaving him from his dutys.

O Halloran enjoyed some good times at St James Park leading newcastle to two Fa cup finals but lost to utd on penalties after a terrific 3-3 draw after 120 mins and suffered a heavy 3-0 defeat to Chelsea in his seconed trip to the final.O Halloran over his many years at Newcastle continsuly complained about the lack of funds being invested in the club with the current squad aging o halloran told the newcastle board that if money wasnt invested soon thay would be left with a possiblity of relagation in the coming seasons but the board just said to O halloran that they had yet to see a return from the cash spent this season even tho that for many seasons o halloran was only given a transfer budget of 500k.O Hallorans brightest point on tyneside was when he managed to re-sign Newcastle favorate Micheal Owen and the player took a 40k wage cut to stay at the club.

It is believed that O Halloran turned the newcastle faithful and board aginst him when he declare his intrest in mannageing local rivals Middlesboro,O halloran lost out on the job and it was allways felt thay he wouldnt be long more in his position as newcastle mannager.

Newcastle utd said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Today newcastle utd are regreatfully releaving manager John O Halloran from his duty as newastle manager.O Halloran has put everything into improving our team here at St james Park and we would like to tahnk him for his efforts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O Halloran said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im very happy with the job ive done at newcastle i lead the team to two fa cup finals,seimi final of the uefa cup,and to 5th place in the premership with little resorces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

21.gif

Breaking News

West ham utd are delighted to appoint John O Halloran1 as there new manager although it is yet to be seen wether the o halloran goes down a big hit with the west ham fans thay need a major change of luck as thay lie rock bottom of the premership with only 2 wins from 26 games.West ham are hoping ohalloran can be there harry Redknapp.

O Halloran sayed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im delighted to be given a chance at such a great club as West ham.Its allways been a dream of mine to one day mannage west ham but no dbout we have a major challenge ahead of us but i think that with the team we have now we should be more than capable of staying up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

evertonhq9.gif

End of season report

My third season in charge of Everton football club was another solid one, we managed 5th in the league again but there was more misery in the cups with a semi final defeat at the hands of Manchester united in the league cup. Also we made two finals in the Uefa cup and FA cup, but again like last season in a European final we lost. This time it was to HSV in a penalty shootout after being two goals up, we also scored a 120th winner only for the ref to rule it out. Then with the crazy fixtures we had to face Chelsea in the FA cup only 3 days later with most players’ only about 90% fitness or lower. On the day Chelsea was too good for us and a red card for Roncatto didn’t help the cause, so we lost 4-1

There is hope for next season with a couple of excellent signing joining us and two big named players joining for transfer fees. Javier Mascherano from Middlesbrough and Kalou from Manchester City will make us stronger icon_smile.gif.

THE FINANCES:

Everton are doing something that other clubs seem to struggle with. We don't pay over the top wages for over-rated players. And the fans appreciate that. We pay what the club thinks they're worth, and if they want more then we don't pay them.

While this sounds harsh and undoubtedly means we've missed out on some major talents in the past, it also means we won't go bankrupt or struggle financially in the future (anyone remember Leeds or Razors old club Crystal Palace icon_biggrin.gif ?). It also means we have a strong enough financial background to ensure we don't undersell players for the 'quick cash' like some teams do.

Despite this attitude (or maybe because of it!) we are able to invest when we need to - buying in players at key times and building a team for the future, instead of overpaying some already over the top stars for one years good work and then overpaying them the rest of their 5 year deal.

THE FIRST 11:

Everton have a solid backline now, with Craig Gordon in excellent and consistent form in goal. In fact, the Scotland goalkeeper hardly ever seems to make a mistake!

Then comes the defence itself, with Everton now looking more solid having disposed of the services of the sometimes doubtful Garay. Now we see a far more consistent pairing of Vlaar and Barzagli.

In Midfield we have the superb talent of the slightly older Tim Cahill, a younger Mark Noble and the experience of Arteta and we have the quick winger Miguel . Fans also got a glimpse of another youngster, Danny King, who showed he is both a composed player and an excellent passer of the ball.

Up front we have the great Kuyt who scores goals for fun; he is a quality player with height and strength. Alongside him we also play Roncatto and Bent. Roncatto is another young Brazilian talent, while Bent is currently shining with goals and superb runs. We also have Berbatov, but unless his performances improve, I can’t see him staying for long.

Season highlights

*Getting Evertons record win, 8-2 against sandy icon_biggrin.gif

*Reaching two major finals and a semi final

*Keeping my 100% win record against Lee icon_biggrin.gif

*The continuing process of Mark Noble in becoming a world class player

*Finishing no lower than 5th again to keep up Everton fine record since I took over

So bring on next season. icon_smile.gif

Hello guys im back and with a new connection now on blueyonder so should be a lot more stable now icon_smile.gif.

Heard my plymouth aint doing too well but at least im still in a job with them which is the main thing also this season danny watch your back as my players are 100% to give your boys a thrashing......on the pitch of course icon_biggrin.gif

Also providing im still with plymouth all season (sob sob) icon_frown.gif

Anyway guys will speak to you all next week also and can i hear from lacey, sean and rick as to whether they are still in the clan as heard they aint been turning up cause if not will bring new guys in.

If you can get game up for me anytime also mike would be great cheers and thanks for hosting while I was busy moving icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

Hey you guys (sloth stylee)

Long time no speak - how are Pompey doing since i dropped them in it?

Hopefully moving soon, and once up and running there i will have time to re-join on waiting list once new game is out and bug-full.

Speak to you all soon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They got to a uefa cup final i think jim

and they've been midtable for the last few seasons.

Plymouth have finally seen sense and sacked me after about 7 or 8 seasons cant remember.

Im going to hunt my ex plymouth assistant down at some point as it was his fault as he somehow thought it was funny to take all my players off training so they could barely walk when it came to matchday!!!!!.

Didnt take me long to stumble into a new job though as Sheffield United obviously knew I was an amazing manager and have decided to take me on.

Full report to follow.. icon_smile.gif

lol icon_biggrin.gif Well new fm is coming out on october 20th so waiting for that icon_smile.gif.

We probably wont be switching over to the new game until a week or two after release as no doubt a patch will need to be released as usual and all members also gotta buy the game.

Speak to you all tonight anyways about it icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We probably wont be switching over to the new game until a week or two after release as no doubt a patch will need to be released as usual and all members also gotta buy the game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am on holiday as from the 20th in South America scouting sadly icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carrick23:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We probably wont be switching over to the new game until a week or two after release as no doubt a patch will need to be released as usual and all members also gotta buy the game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am on holiday as from the 20th in South America scouting sadly icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im in Swaziland scouting icon_frown.gif

You heard ben have a good time off during our break and around a week before we start on fm07 a new thread will be opened with all details in with a change to one of two of the rules slightly.

One thing that some members have wanted is for another session to be extended so for fm07 the session days will be the same and the times will except tuesday sessions will now also go on until midnight like wednesdays already do.

Monday sessions will stay at 11 finish.

Anywayz wont be long until we start again will speak soon icon14.gif

Ok made a mistake on everton lol from what i know this is the teams

For Definate

Lee - Plymouth

Danny - Bolton

Myself - Fulham

Razor - Palace

Shaun - Wigan

I'll make these banners still unsure on Ant, Sandy (are you sure everton? icon_razz.gif lol) Mike and any others rejoining. Dont think i left anoyone out, hate to hasel u but dont wanna be making them all last minute as its frustrating. Thank you children

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carrick23:

For Definate

Lee - Plymouth

Danny - Bolton

Myself - Fulham

Razor - Palace

Shaun - Wigan

I'll make these banners still unsure on Ant, Sandy (are you sure everton? icon_razz.gif lol) Mike and any others rejoining. Dont think i left anoyone out, hate to hasel u but dont wanna be making them all last minute as its frustrating. Thank you children </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did ask lee and the answer was pretty much first come first serve as he said keep an eye out ont he forums but we were not sure if anyone els had said thought there wasnt . I really really really wanna be Everton icon_biggrin.gif

For Definate

Lee - Plymouth

Danny - Bolton

Myself - Fulham

Razor - Palace

Shaun - Wigan

Ant - Preston icon_biggrin.gif

I'll make these banners still unsure on Ant, Sandy (are you sure everton? icon_razz.gif lol) Mike and any others rejoining. Dont think i left anoyone out, hate to hasel u but dont wanna be making them all last minute as its frustrating. Thank you children </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

I heard that you wanna be Exeter Lee? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_wink.gif

hope Sandy behaving himself??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

I heard that you wanna be Exeter Lee? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_wink.gif

hope Sandy behaving himself?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always am !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Could I take <STRIKE>Man City</STRIKE> Everton OR Villa if allowed if thats ok Lee ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived